Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#662178 Oct 7, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
A coward is someone like you, who pampers and loves women far too much for their own good.
You may be right, I may do that.

But it's hardly cowardice.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662179 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is really important to you. Why? You don't believe a word written on a page of the dozen or so Bible versions that you know about so what does it matter if there are 233 or 234? You won't believe them either.
This obsession you have with irrelevancies is probably damaging your life. You might want to see some professional about it.
Are you talking Early English, Old English, Middle English, Early Modern English or Modern English?

If so, you'd probably be surprised to know that there are over 450 translations of the Bible into the various forms of English.

You have no point in that. Every script written 1,000 years ago has to translated over and over and over again to suit the language of the time.

Languages changes avery generation or so. A few deccades ago, "gay" meant "happy", now it doesn't.

Capisce?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#662180 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your admission of guilt.
Liar.
Why do you believe that if both of us lie and I admit it, you can call me a liar and that makes you look good? That is some pretty defective mental imbalance you got going in that little pea sized brain of yours.

Everyone lies, and everyone eats and shits. Are you now going to point a finger at me and feel superiour because I admit I shit?

This is amazing because there is virtually, objectively, no difference between what comes out of your mouth and what comes out of your other end. No recognizable difference at all. None.

San Francisco, CA

#662181 Oct 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when espousing them buys you a new BMW. Doesn't matter if you believe in it or not, eh?
Everyone else has plenty of money you can give away to get what you want. Your job is to make them share their wealth. With you in the middle, of course.
Hypocrite.
I have been fortunate, I am appreciative of that, and I do my part.

San Francisco, CA

#662182 Oct 7, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher is just an idiot.
Catcher as a human being probably has no value.
Worthless lil devil, could get a gun to the poor boys head and put him out of his misery.
Don't give the Redneck ideas.

He can be dangerous.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#662183 Oct 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Mr Wiggly?
Your mentor?
I knew a Piggly Wiggly, but they weren't no bleeding hearts.
I'm not showing you Mr. Wiggly.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#662184 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Through prayer, God has spoke to me.
Through prayer, my horse inexplicably lived another 2 years.
For starters.
Now tell me what magic you can do.
TRANSLATION: Warming pews made me delusional, often I am unable to distinguish between a real thought and a delusion so anytime my brain farts I claim it is God speaking to me. Now, let us get back to me irritating you.

Translation provided by his holiness Reverend Alan.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662185 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What you gave me is one half of a contradiction, one of thousands available to choose from. You refuse to look at the other side! No matter, here is another:
ZECH. 2:10-11 ("Sin and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee").
(a) If this refers to Jesus as Christians claim, then how did he dwell in their midst? He was actually killed and passed away from them. If it refers to the future, then it's pure speculation.
(b) Christians may argue that his spirit rests in the midst of Zion, but the divine presence has not been found in Jerusalem from the time of the exile. As Isaiah 52:5 says, "Now therefore, what have I to do here, says the Lord, for my people have been taken away for naught."
If Jesus was to literally come back to the earth, He would have to take His human body back and that would nullify the sacrifice He offered for our sins. That's not gonna happen.

This is about the new earth when God Himself will once again dwell with us as he did in the garden before sin.

But I'm sure you already knew that, being a reverend and all....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662186 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that if both of us lie and I admit it, you can call me a liar and that makes you look good? That is some pretty defective mental imbalance you got going in that little pea sized brain of yours.
Everyone lies, and everyone eats and shits. Are you now going to point a finger at me and feel superiour because I admit I shit?
This is amazing because there is virtually, objectively, no difference between what comes out of your mouth and what comes out of your other end. No recognizable difference at all. None.
The BIG difference is that I have not lied to you.

You lie constantly.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#662187 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What great deeds has zeus done that God hasn't?
Name one good deed your God has done. With chapter and verse.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#662188 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, c'mon!
I don't buy that. Not for one second.
If that were true, you wouldn't waste your time here, you'd constantly petition the gov't for change.
Good luck!
I know you don't buy it, which is why you have to be constantly reminded. I'm going to share with you a bold, unprecedented observation: the world that we live in shapes the things we talk about and the things we are interested in. That's absolutely stunning, I know. Who would have thought that people raised in a majority christian society would be interested in talking about it? NUTS!

Or, you can cling to the very peculiar idea that if someone talks about christianty, they are secretly christian, aka ego reinforcement.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#662189 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No prob.
First, show your hands.
Go.
My hands are not a matter of contention. It frankly doesn't matter whether I have hands.

Now, about your deity - so, "no prob"? Excellent.

Produce it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#662190 Oct 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably your most sensible post yet.
Good job.
<quoted text>
The Situation in Hell
----------Essays
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it
will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct ... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
HOT DAMN! That was excellent, thanks for sharing that, I am going to repost it at Biblical Errancy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662191 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Don't give the Redneck ideas.
He can be dangerous.
boo

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662192 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: Warming pews made me delusional, often I am unable to distinguish between a real thought and a delusion so anytime my brain farts I claim it is God speaking to me. Now, let us get back to me irritating you.
Translation provided by his holiness Reverend Alan.
LMAO

You know, you can be funny sometimes.

I just wish you had better people skills.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662193 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I'm not showing you Mr. Wiggly.
You should put it on the Book Face.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662194 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one good deed your God has done. With chapter and verse.
What makes you assume the only good deeds of God are in the Bible?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662195 Oct 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you don't buy it, which is why you have to be constantly reminded. I'm going to share with you a bold, unprecedented observation: the world that we live in shapes the things we talk about and the things we are interested in. That's absolutely stunning, I know. Who would have thought that people raised in a majority christian society would be interested in talking about it? NUTS!
Or, you can cling to the very peculiar idea that if someone talks about christianty, they are secretly christian, aka ego reinforcement.
I don't think you're secretly Christian.

I think your secretly curious about God and whether or not He's real.

There are many, many things in America that all Americans are "raised with" in one form or another. God is only one of them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662196 Oct 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My hands are not a matter of contention. It frankly doesn't matter whether I have hands.
Now, about your deity - so, "no prob"? Excellent.
Produce it.
I will, I will.

But I need to see your hands first.

Go.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#662197 Oct 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So, which cult leader told you "what" you are?
xD
I have repeated in here many time: Believe nothing, verify everything.

A real teacher does not tell you what to believe, but creates conditions where you learn for yourself, discover for yourself and verify for yourself what the truth is about our lives here on the surface of the planet earth.

One of the oldest ideas to survive from antiquity down to the present day is "know thyself". A real teacher will show you that you can't know yourself because that would be one part knowing another part. If know yourself means anything it means a complete and total objective impartial knowledge of yourself and not what one part knows about another part or what sleeping people have told you.

If you were a serious person I would tell you how you could verify that you are many parts and not a single harmonious whole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min mike 603,602
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 21 min Jack Miller 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 38 min arabian 5,425
hill climb racing hack last update NOV 2014 41 min hill climb racing 1
hill climb racing hack for android 51 min Hack free 2
Clash of clans hack last updated NOV 2014 1 hr Hack free 1
Moses never existed 1 hr truth 553
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 554,868
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE