Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662381 Oct 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I don't believe in the "supernatural." I do believe, however, that there are aspects of Nature that we do not yet understand.
To you and me, a Zippo lighter is pretty mundane; but to a jungle-dwelling native of New Guinea who wears a grass skirt and craps like a bear in the woods, it's magic.
I agree with that. I've even used the Zippo example here before.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#662382 Oct 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. government will ultimately default. I don't think it's a possibility, but much rather a certainty. It's just a matter of time. Their government has been running an idiotic business for a long time now, not simply since the Bush or Clinton era. Tax doesn't cover their services and they have too few profitable enterprises, so they rely on selling bonds. And that is the trend of all western governments, including yours and mine.
And most of U.S. government debt is owed to private U.S. citizens. We shall probably see more privatisation of services in the U.S., where the rich will have the power. That's a precursor to monarchy.
They come with all of these ideals, but they are too stupid to realise these ideals cost money to maintain.
I more or less agree with every word you said there.

However I believe the biggest debt is owed to China and I am sure the US will default, which means they will no longer be able to raise loans to pay the interest on their loans and China will become the richest country in the world. The US will be relegated to more or less third world status.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662383 Oct 8, 2013
A great deal of my animosity for christians comes from an incident about two years ago, when three of them broke into my home while I was at my folks place for Thanksgiving. If I were to reprint it here, it would take up waaayyy too much space, and Nanopukestain would jump all over it again. With your permission, I'll PM it to you.
True believers suffer from confirmation bias; that means, they look for that which supports their views, and reject that which does not.
Sure, go ahead. Send it to me. I'd like to know.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#662384 Oct 8, 2013
Mystified from the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Be proud. I'm pleased to know you and read your posts. I'll be following this thread with interest :)
From @Mystified
Cheers

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#662385 Oct 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how Americans talk about their freedoms and than start putting barriers to freedom in whenever anyone questions US freedom.
Hi Christine!

Long time, so see, as I've not posted in quite some time now.

But I do read some posts from time to time and this one of yours caught my eye.

What people like Kaitlin and others against national health care don't understand is how failed the American health and medical systems are and for a number of reasons.

To begin with, what we have here in the USA is a SICK care system and not what it should be, which is a WELL care system.

That means that preventive medicine is not all it should be or could be in this country.

Much of that has to do with greed- plain and simple. If doctors told us how NOT to get sick in the first place, we not only wouldn't need doctors as much as we do, but we wouldn't need the pharmaceutical industry as much as we do either. And that is a multi- GAZILLION dollar industry and obscene profits of incredible proportion is realized by the pharmaceutical industry.

Next- for those without insurance, they are much less inclined to go for preventive treatment and screenings which the USA does promote to a certain extent- at least when it comes to cancer screenings and routine screenings for other illnesses and diseases.

So there are many people who have no insurance and can't pay out-of-pocket for mammograms, colonoscopys, prostate cancer screenings, and often well care for women is not accessible to many and all the more when the insane Repubs in this country are trying to close down free women's clinics such as Planned Parenthood.

The "funny" thing about that is that PP does not only offer WOMEN'S medical services and treatment and no cost or low cost, but PP also offers medical services and treatment to MEN as well.

So by attempting to shut down a major organization that is one of the very few no-cost low-cost ones around, everyone gets hurt- women AND men and of course, children as well.

Anyway, people going for routine screenings BEFORE there is a problem or at least when the problem is in its very early stages and is often not only treatable but curable, is MUCH less cost prohibitive than having to treat a full blown cancer.

Instead, once they develop a serious disease, they THEN go to the doctor and will be treated, but the cost of that treatment is SO much higher than the cost of a routine screening.

And if the individual can't pay for it themselves- and obviously, they can't because they couldn't even afford a screening- SOMEONE pays for that.

And all too often, those who wind up paying for it are those that are insured and this is evidenced in part by the history of insurance premiums skyrocketing from year to year, and this has only come under control this year for 2014.

I KNOW this first hand; this is the first time since I have the group coverage I have which is for 9 years now- that my premium for the coming plan year did not go up one red cent.

I cringe in embarrassment at the USA not only self-proclaiming to be the richest country in the world, but also the most progressive, etc.

Nope- when it comes to health insurance- and the importance of all American citizens having it- this county is in the Dark Ages.

Own a car? Having AUTO insurance is the LAW.

Own a house with a mortgage? Having HOMEOWNER'S insurance is the LAW.

As ANY of us can fall ill at any time or get hit by a bus, there is a LIABILITY there of NOT having health insurance just as there is a LIABILITY of not having AUTO insurance or HOMEOWNER'S insurance.

Most Americans have no major issue with accepting responsibility for their cars or their homes and paying insurance as a part of that responsibility; it is nothing short of LUDICROUS for anyone to think that people should not also accept that same responsibility for their HEALTH.

Hope all is well with you!

:-)

Your post edited for space.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662386 Oct 8, 2013
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. Fundies protect their bibles more than they do their own children.
I'm at a loss for words. Really. I just...

How the hell do you know that??

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662387 Oct 8, 2013
Then....jewish god and christian god aren't the same, either. Right?
No. The Jews and the Christians worship the same god, God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662388 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
Of course rationality doesn't "make sense" to you, but I'll give it one more try out of the many others that have tried but have encountered the same RED brick wall of "LALALALALA My god exists because I said it exists LALALALA" despite all evidence to the contrary:
Why do people discuss it? Simply to get you religionists to back up your claim that "god exists" which will just keep failing, over and over again, god will not be proven and this thread will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until the human race makes itself extinct fighting over this STUPID BULLSH!T.
To get us to back up our claim???

O_o

What do you care what we beleive?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662389 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I question whether or not you have hands.
There, now they're in question.
<quoted text>
Okay, I don't question God.
That settles that.
Now about your hands...
Nope. You told Mac to prove he has hands.

He told you he does not have hands.

End of story where that's concerned.

However, it is YOU who told Mac that as soon as he proved he has hands, you would prove your god. You said "no prob."

So....Mac doesn't have hands! You're STILL asking him to prove what he already told you does NOT exist- that being his hands?

Time to move on from that, RR- the ball is now in your court and now it's time for YOU to prove your god.

So because Mac told you he does NOT have hands, you're trying to use that as a reason to not prove your god?

Feh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662390 Oct 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I don’t like to think, I KNOW.
The fact that you have consistently tried to disprove the mass energy equivalence formula is simply laughable and speaks volumes to your (lack of) intelegence

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I highly doubt that you could test E=MC2.

It's been done. Tested in New Mexico in 1945, and later applied to Hiroshima & Nagasaki. It passed.
You misunderstand. Again.

When I said "you", I was referring to Christine ONLY.

I know E=MC2 can be tested, I don't think **she** can test it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662391 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You atheists just love that KJV.....
It's a medieval translation for medieval minds.
Agreed! Yeah!!
So why do the vast majority of christians still use it, and claim all other versions to be from Satan?
I'm not even really an atheist, I'm more of an agnostic; and even *I* see most christians as "medieval" minded.
Ignorance. Biblical ignorance. They just don't know Scripture, they only know what they've been spoon-fed to know.

By "they", I'm referring to the Christians AND atheists that use the KJV.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662392 Oct 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Unzips in front of Chris, I say I can gag you, now tell me to prove It . see, I know what type of gal you are.
Hey, Riverside?
Do you consider this guy to be a christian?
Are you proud to have him on *your* side?
Hey, Kaitlin!

I haven't decided, I've never seen the post where he says he's Christian.

Yup. The more the merrier.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662393 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You're such a blasphemer going against the word of your god and speaking for your god.
You love to spout that "all things are possible with god" so how come it's not possible for god to have spoken to Mr. James?
You haven't proven a god - you've only proven what a lying, blasphemous hypocrite you are.
If you think your crap is evidence that "god is real" then you have things totally [email protected] or you believe in a totally f*cked up "god".
Your so called "Christian morals" are so weak that you'll easily sacrifice them in order to win the "bible interpretation" p!ssing contest.
You're too blinded by your anti-non-Christan hatred for me or any SANE person to believe that "there's a god".
What?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662394 Oct 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

I have repeated in here many time: Believe nothing, verify everything.

RiversideRedneck wrote:

You claimed that the Bible is not the word of any god.
How did you verify that?
Same way I did; by reading the f*ckin' thing.
Uh-huh...

So you read it and somehow "knew" the Bible isn't the word of any god...

How's THAT work?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662395 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You're implying that the laws of this universe are not applicable to this "god", which means he can break the law, turn back time, and make things perfect like he should have done in the first place, right?
So what's the wait?
Where's your "Real God" to like wave his magic wand and make this universe perfect with no death, poverty, war, hate, or hunger to RUIN it?
No such thing as a "rebel angel" or a "war in heaven" (OXYMORONIC phrase, BTW...wasn't heaven supposed to be "perfect"?
Where is this perfect world your god CAN create, since "he is outside the laws", where humankind is happy, wealthy, and LIVING (NOT DYING) forever, for eternity?
We humans desperately need this perfect world. You claim your god can do it - NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW - so what's the wait?
PROVE YOUR REAL GOD NOW!
The world should be perfect. No one should ever get sick or die again. All wars should stop. Swords should turn into plowshares.
Still war. People still dying and starving and hating.
Whaddaya say, ReallywRongAgain and Again and Again....?
Why'd you stop the countdown?

I was at the edge of my seat in anticipation!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662396 Oct 8, 2013
#662385:

Oops! Should be:"Long time,*no* see,"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662397 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No prob.
First, show your hands.
Go.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Easily done with a picture or a YouTube video.
Where's your pictures and YouTube videos of your "Real god"?
Go.
No, not that easy.

A picture or video could be anyones hands.

Show yours.

And prove they're yours.

I bet you can't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662398 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"Language changes" is now your excuse for outright lies.
That's a new one on me...
The point is, since it went SO far over your head, is that there should be ONE SINGLE bible and ONE SINGLE church, not umpteen bibles and umpteen churches fighting over whether Jesus, Jehovah, God, The Trinity, or The Pope is the right "god" and Balkanizing heaven.
But - doesn't ONE bible and ONE church sound suspiciously like, I dunno - ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT?
Be honest, now. You Christians want just that - a one religion world with a Christian government, where the whole world is Christian.
You're in a direct collision course with Muslims, who have the exact same goal you do - world domination, with a one religion world and a Muslim government where the whole world is Muslim.
Why are you so eager to participate in this crashing and burning of the human species with this Armageddon plot? Don't you know that's SUICIDE????
Stop bullsh!tting humanity off the cliff to self-extinction!
There could not be "ONE SINGLE BIBLE".

The original texts of Genesis, the 'generations of Adam', were likely written in cuneiform.

Do you speak or read cuneiform?

No.

It HAS TO be translated for all to read.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662399 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

It was a serpent, not a snake.
Sharkey wrote:
What difference does it make - no animal has ever talked with a human-sounding voice.
You're an animal and you talk...

The Bible describes it as a "serpent, craftier than any beast in the field".

What was it?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#662400 Oct 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Kaitlyn said I'm "hot"? That's funny.
Hey, wait a minute...quit telling my secrets!
kaitlyn said that you were a gay dude as tho that was a bad thing!

aren't lezbos such hypocrites?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 56,219
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 5 min pearlofagirl 16
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Seraphima 649,839
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 19 min WasteWater 2,297
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 26 min EBMWCS 500
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr DENG 39,054
What's UP?!! Wasn't ya'll @ the club last night??! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web