Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661808 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
This has become a thread for dysfunctional people who have no one else that wants to be around them so they lay all of their insecurities down on the table of Topix. These "dysfunctionates" been here day and night for months (even years for some) and all U here is the same ole low blow comments. Nothing intelligent ever comes from these folks, except from maybe Wikipedia. But anyway, has anyone figured out why we can't see God even though He's there?!?
Come on Memphis, let's roll.
What you got ?
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661809 Oct 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you claim that your deity is a bigot - and you appear to be claiming that it is - then, yes. I reject it, and you, utterly.
No deity should be that small-minded.
"No deity should be that small-minded"
True, but not true, since we are all "God" in our own little way your statement becomes a falsehood.
Reality check, you're ego is you're "God".

Go figure.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661810 Oct 6, 2013
Prove to me that we are not and were not created by non-destructive energy.

Go.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#661811 Oct 6, 2013
The only way you can look at all of the animals on this planet and not REALIZE that the Lord Jesus Christ is REAL(John 1-3)is because you are DELIBERATELY CHOOSING TO BE STOOPID.
yTube

AOL

#661812 Oct 6, 2013

ANTICHRIST ....on world stage

Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661813 Oct 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The only way you can look at all of the animals on this planet and not REALIZE that the Lord Jesus Christ is REAL(John 1-3)is because you are DELIBERATELY CHOOSING TO BE STOOPID.
So, "God" created cows and chickens for us ??
Cow's are probably the dumbest animal on earth, but look at what they give us. Yes that's right, meat, and milk.
And what does the chicken give us ?? That's right, meat and eggs.
Why would a "God" give us two dumb animals which can each produce two essential needs .
What are they getting out of it ???
If "God" truly put his love into these animals, than what are these animals getting in return???

Go.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661814 Oct 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Did you're" God" dumb these animals down just for us ??
Are they "Gods" animals ?? or did "God" create these animals for humans benefit ??

And if you're "God" did create these animal's then where is his love for them ??
Why give them feelings? if after all their ultimate purpose is for human consumption.

Go.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#661815 Oct 6, 2013
I watched a bird build a nest today from my balcony, the tree which it was building the nest is two metres from my balcony and perfectly eye level.
This bird did not stop, it was all business, it was on a mission.
Now did you're" God" put his love into this bird so as to do this ? or did this bird feel a natural urge of survival to build this nest ?
Why didn't this bird just sit back and let "God" take care of it ?
After all, it's apparently "Gods" creation, so isn't "God" liable for this bird ??
Why should this bird feel responsible for it's own survival if "God" created it in the first place ??
What is driving this survival mechanism ??

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#661819 Oct 6, 2013
This has become a thread for dysfunctional people [blah blah blah snipped] But anyway, has anyone figured out why we can't see God even though He's there?!?
What do you mean "we"?

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."

Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."

Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."

Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."

Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661820 Oct 6, 2013
This has become a thread for dysfunctional people ....
And so far not a single one of the dysfunctional people have produced a single shred of evidence that your god actually exists. Half a million posts from you Christ-insanity-ists and not a one of them contains anything except wholly unconvincing assertions.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661821 Oct 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some of your concerns are valid, most are silly, and the firearm things is just dumb. Do you complain about having to register your car? And your car doesn't exist solely to shoot bullets at things.
No of course not. But if I don't have a car, the IRS isn't going to fine me for that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661822 Oct 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

There is no "MARY" version of the bible.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

The M.A.R.Y. exists, it is the Most Accurate and Reliable Yet. It is the ONLY version that was translated and brought up to date exactly the way God wants it to be, by direct inspiration of God himself. It says so on the front cover.
Are you going to call God a liar?
Ok, dude. Here's a complete list of all English bible translations.

There aren't 233.

There's no [MARY] or M.A.R.Y version.

You're lying

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Englis...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661823 Oct 6, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said "god has shown himself to you". My question is why in the universe do you think the "soul" is immortal? What criteria are you using to make the determination that the soul is immortal? Are the souls of pet dogs, cats and birds, also immortal? Allright, saying the soul is immortal, is of the supernatural realm, of which I cannot comprehend, in the furthest stretch of my wildest imagination. For starters, I do not believe in the following: fortune tellers; palm readers, psychics; tea leaf and coffee ground readers; mentalists; magicians; seers; astrologers, etc. To my thinking, all of this "stuff" are lies against humanity. Do you agree?
Do you believe in luck?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661825 Oct 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Really? Can you give me an example?
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
No. We’d have to meet face to face, and you’d have to be initiated. Sorry; I don’t make up the rules, I just follows ‘em.(It ain't called "occult" for nothin'.)
Fair enough.

Then instead, can you just tell me what sort of things you can magically control?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#661826 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Cars aren't listed under the second amendment as The right to bear one ,"shall not be infringed" either. Also you have to have a permit to carry one in public.

There's only one reason for registration: to know where they are. And why does the government want to know where they are? For eventual confiscation.

Registration does *nothing* to reduce crime. Ask any gang banger.

timn17 wrote, "<quoted text> The constitution doesn't explicitly rule out any sort of registration system for guns, because that would be dumb."

Actually, it does, when it states that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Period.

timn17 wrote, "<quoted text> Just because the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the constitution doesn't mean we can't try to sensibly regulate guns."

What *other* rights would you regulate? I apologize if I sound antagonistic, I don't mean to; but once the feds start messing around with one constitutionally guaranteed right, what's to stop them from messing around with the rest of them? They're currently in the process of messing around with our right to decide what kind--if any at all--of medical insurance to have.
Why can't I have an RPG?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661827 Oct 6, 2013
Have you been drinking? I never accused you of not *accepting* your god. I said you refused to admit which god you believed in. You just kept saying you believed in "god," which is a job title and not a name.
Oops. I meant to write admit, not accept. Damn autocorrect.
Now, why is Zeus stupid but your jesusgod isn't? Zeus is as real as the christian god.(Think about that before answering.)
Curious.

You take the time to capitalize Zeus but not Christian or God.....

Why's that?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#661828 Oct 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
How many people were killed by guns in America last year?

Answer: The Centers for Disease Control says 11,493 people died from gun homicides.

How many people were killed by the American Medical System?

Answer: 784,000.
How were they killed?

Does that number represent all people who died while in medical care or just people who died from medical mistakes?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661829 Oct 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So based from your cut and paste,
( http://www.guidetosalvation.com/Website/ignor... )
JESUS: Matthew 4:19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said,“and I will send you out to fish for people.”

Because I cut and pasted that from the Bible does it mean it is unreliable Al? If I type it out does it change the meaning?

What you are doing Al, is called, grasping for straws. And it proves that I am right and you are wrong.

Now, are you going to do the right thing and admit you are wrong, or are you going to do the Christ-insanity-ist thing and insult me?

It is difficult to accept you want respect after behaviour like this Al.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661830 Oct 6, 2013
Mother of god!
You never read the original 1897 novel by Bram Stoker? HORRORS!!! You've never seen the Bela Lugosi Universal classic of 1931? You poor, deprived young man!!! Not even that waste of film with Frank Langella and Laurence Olivier?
I feel soooo sorry for you! The original Universal classic may seem hokey by today's standards, but it's still a classic among us rabid movie fans. As for "Blade," I once saw the beginning of the first installment, and then changed the channel. Van Helsing was an abomination before the eyes of the Gods of Film.
Oooh! Oooh, oooh, oooh!! Before I forget---
Best Dracula book was "The Dracula Tape," by Fred Saberhagen (1975; I stumbled across it in a used book store). He not only read Stoker's original, but he studied it thoroughly and found all the mistakes in it and used them to prove that Dracula was actually *innocent,* and not really a bad guy at all; on the flip side, he showed that Van Helsing was the crazy vampire hunter. Lucy didn't die from Dracula's bites; she died from the mismatched blood that Van Helsing transfused into her. Dracula took place in around 1891; Landsteiner didn't discover the four basic blood types [A,B,AB & O] until around 1900,*after* Dracula took place.)
Saberhagen's book is a hoot.
The best *film* version I've seen is Coppola's flick with Gary Oldman and Wynona Ryder, and in spite of Keanu Reeves. I suspect he might have read Saberhagen's book. Monica Belucci played one of the vampire chicks (che bella!!), and later went on to star with Bruce Willis in "Tears Of The Sun."
Alright, alright. Geez. Lol.

I told you that I'm not a big Dracula fan. I don't know much about that character, except what I've seen from a few movies.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661831 Oct 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>you mean Saturday......
Read it again, the question is, where in the Bible can you justify changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. The sabbath is Saturday and it was changed to Sunday, where is your biblical justification for doing so? Chapter and verse please.

Please actually read it this time:

Except for some sabbatarian groups such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, biblicists don't go to church on the correct day. Saturday, not Sunday is the Sabbath. There is no substantive biblical support for calling Sunday--the first day of the week--the Sabbath. As the text says, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work...." (Ex. 20:8-10, Deut. 5:12-14).
Moreover, the prohibition against labor on the Sabbath is regularly violated since work occurs on every day of the week. With respect to labor, it wouldn't matter what day was the Sabbath. Apologist Gleason Archer stated in The Encyclopedia of Biblical Difficulties (p. 116-121) that several facts seem to teach that Sunday replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. He sought to justify the change by alleging:
•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday;
•(b) Jesus' first appearance to his disciples after the Resurrection was on Sunday;
•(c) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church first occurred on a Sunday Pentecost;
•(d) Paul told the Corinthian church to put aside money and save on the first day of the week so that no collection would be needed when he arrived (1 Cor. 16:20);
•(e) Paul spoke to a group of Christians until midnight on a Sunday (Acts 20:5-12); and
•(f) The Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 ("I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet") referred to Sunday.
Problems accompany each explanation.
•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday, but died on a Friday. His death was certainly as important as his Resurrection, if not more so. So why wasn't the Sabbath transferred to Friday?;
•(b) and (C) Why would the fact that Jesus first appeared to his disciples on Sunday or the Holy Spirit first fell on the church on Sunday be of such significance as to overrule God's commandment that the seventh day was to be the Sabbath? They are rather weak reeds to lean on, especially when Archer admits that, "After Pentecost it seems that the Christian community continued to celebrate the seventh-day Sabbath as before, by gathering with other Jews (both converted and unconverted) for the reading of the Torah, for preaching, and for prayer" (Ibid. p. 117). He immediately tried to regain his loss by stating, "But there is no demonstable reference to Christians ever gathering on the Sunday Sabbath to celebrate the Lord's Supper or to hold a distinctively Christian assembly" (Ibid. p. 117). But, then, where is the evidence that they regularly gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Lord's Supper or hold distinctively Christian assemblies?;
•(D) and (E) 1 Cor. 16:2 and Acts 20:5-12, or delivering a sermon on Sunday evening hardly warrant changing the Sabbath; and
•(F) Archer's final contention that the Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 is Sunday relies upon extra-biblical sources and is wholly unconvincing.
When all is said and done, the basic question remains. Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?

Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Tony17 558,752
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 37,790
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 96,708
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 175,502
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min mr-rayan 264,957
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 41 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 4,665
free phones 1 hr vcsy 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 604,735
More from around the web