Bongo

Coram, NY

#661746 Oct 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll play: I am a Psuedo [sic] what ever that is, rev and I am absolutely repugnant and an insane cultist who refuses to repent.
With all of that I still prove the Bible can not be trusted because it is unreliable. I still prove that Christ-insanity is a hoax and a crime against humanity. I still prove you can't refute anything I write and that you are so low functioning all you can do is attack the messenger because the message is something you can not deal with.
You Christ-insanity-ists need to grow up if you are going to post with the grownups.
I can deal with it but youre obstreperously pontificating speciousness. Its you who cant deal with the "word of God". You've devoted your life to flailing and railing. You don't accept what everyone knows is right. Billions worship Jesus. Sunday is a great day to worship our great God who is greatly to be praised.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#661748 Oct 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its you who cant deal with the "word of God".
The point is, the Bible is NOT the word of any god. The errors, contradictions and fallacies prove this.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661749 Oct 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I can deal with it but youre obstreperously pontificating speciousness.
You do not deal with biblical errors you insult those who post them.

Using the Bible tell us if anyone has ever seen God:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661750 Oct 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You don't accept what everyone knows [read believe] is right. Billions worship Jesus.
Thousands of years ago everyone "knew" the earth was flat. You Christ-insanity-ists used to burn people alive who said otherwise. Billions might worship Jesus but all of them fail to do what he commands, and that means you hate Jesus.

And Billions more worship Allah so that means Allah is more real than your Jesus.

I do not care if everyone on the whole entire earth believes something; I will never accept it just because simple minded morons like yourself believe something.

If you had some proof for any of your baseless assertions you would have presented it by now, all you are doing is posturing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661751 Oct 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Sunday is a great day to worship our great God who is greatly to be praised.
It may be a great day for you, but it is the WRONG day for Biblegod.

Except for some sabbatarian groups such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, biblicists don't go to church on the correct day. Saturday, not Sunday is the Sabbath. There is no substantive biblical support for calling Sunday--the first day of the week--the Sabbath. As the text says, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work...." (Ex. 20:8-10, Deut. 5:12-14).

Moreover, the prohibition against labor on the Sabbath is regularly violated since work occurs on every day of the week. With respect to labor, it wouldn't matter what day was the Sabbath. Apologist Gleason Archer stated in The Encyclopedia of Biblical Difficulties (p. 116-121) that several facts seem to teach that Sunday replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. He sought to justify the change by alleging:

(a) Jesus rose on Sunday;
(b) Jesus' first appearance to his disciples after the Resurrection was on Sunday;
(c) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church first occurred on a Sunday Pentecost;
(d) Paul told the Corinthian church to put aside money and save on the first day of the week so that no collection would be needed when he arrived (1 Cor. 16:20);
(e) Paul spoke to a group of Christians until midnight on a Sunday (Acts 20:5-12); and
(f) The Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 ("I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet") referred to Sunday.

Problems accompany each explanation.
(a) Jesus rose on Sunday, but died on a Friday. His death was certainly as important as his Resurrection, if not more so. So why wasn't the Sabbath transferred to Friday?;
(b) and (C) Why would the fact that Jesus first appeared to his disciples on Sunday or the Holy Spirit first fell on the church on Sunday be of such significance as to overrule God's commandment that the seventh day was to be the Sabbath? They are rather weak reeds to lean on, especially when Archer admits that, "After Pentecost it seems that the Christian community continued to celebrate the seventh-day Sabbath as before, by gathering with other Jews (both converted and unconverted) for the reading of the Torah, for preaching, and for prayer" (Ibid. p. 117). He immediately tried to regain his loss by stating, "But there is no demonstable reference to Christians ever gathering on the Sunday Sabbath to celebrate the Lord's Supper or to hold a distinctively Christian assembly" (Ibid. p. 117). But, then, where is the evidence that they regularly gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Lord's Supper or hold distinctively Christian assemblies?;
(D) and (E) 1 Cor. 16:2 and Acts 20:5-12, or delivering a sermon on Sunday evening hardly warrant changing the Sabbath; and
(F) Archer's final contention that the Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 is Sunday relies upon extra-biblical sources and is wholly unconvincing.
When all is said and done, the basic question remains. Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?

“Life is short. Live it”

Since: Apr 10

Nebraska

#661752 Oct 5, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not spoken to Bitner.
I have, she is quite a bitch.
Your comment was out of line.
Your comment was way out of line. Both to Bitner, and now to Al.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661753 Oct 5, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove that your God is real?
A matter of faith? Don't be daft!
No such thing as faith.
Bongo has no proof and just skips over that important point and continues on as if it is an established fact that his god exists. It doesn't.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#661754 Oct 5, 2013
This has become a thread for dysfunctional people who have no one else that wants to be around them so they lay all of their insecurities down on the table of Topix. These "dysfunctionates" been here day and night for months (even years for some) and all U here is the same ole low blow comments. Nothing intelligent ever comes from these folks, except from maybe Wikipedia. But anyway, has anyone figured out why we can't see God even though He's there?!?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#661755 Oct 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be a great day for you, but it is the WRONG day for Biblegod.
Except for some sabbatarian groups such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, biblicists don't go to church on the correct day. Saturday, not Sunday is the Sabbath. There is no substantive biblical support for calling Sunday--the first day of the week--the Sabbath. As the text says, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work...." (Ex. 20:8-10, Deut. 5:12-14).
Moreover, the prohibition against labor on the Sabbath is regularly violated since work occurs on every day of the week. With respect to labor, it wouldn't matter what day was the Sabbath. Apologist Gleason Archer stated in The Encyclopedia of Biblical Difficulties (p. 116-121) that several facts seem to teach that Sunday replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. He sought to justify the change by alleging:
(a) Jesus rose on Sunday;
(b) Jesus' first appearance to his disciples after the Resurrection was on Sunday;
(c) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church first occurred on a Sunday Pentecost;
(d) Paul told the Corinthian church to put aside money and save on the first day of the week so that no collection would be needed when he arrived (1 Cor. 16:20);
(e) Paul spoke to a group of Christians until midnight on a Sunday (Acts 20:5-12); and
(f) The Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 ("I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet") referred to Sunday.
Problems accompany each explanation.
(a) Jesus rose on Sunday, but died on a Friday. His death was certainly as important as his Resurrection, if not more so. So why wasn't the Sabbath transferred to Friday?;
(b) and (C) Why would the fact that Jesus first appeared to his disciples on Sunday or the Holy Spirit first fell on the church on Sunday be of such significance as to overrule God's commandment that the seventh day was to be the Sabbath? They are rather weak reeds to lean on, especially when Archer admits that, "After Pentecost it seems that the Christian community continued to celebrate the seventh-day Sabbath as before, by gathering with other Jews (both converted and unconverted) for the reading of the Torah, for preaching, and for prayer" (Ibid. p. 117). He immediately tried to regain his loss by stating, "But there is no demonstable reference to Christians ever gathering on the Sunday Sabbath to celebrate the Lord's Supper or to hold a distinctively Christian assembly" (Ibid. p. 117). But, then, where is the evidence that they regularly gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Lord's Supper or hold distinctively Christian assemblies?;
(D) and (E) 1 Cor. 16:2 and Acts 20:5-12, or delivering a sermon on Sunday evening hardly warrant changing the Sabbath; and
(F) Archer's final contention that the Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 is Sunday relies upon extra-biblical sources and is wholly unconvincing.
When all is said and done, the basic question remains. Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?
So based from your cut and paste,
( http://www.guidetosalvation.com/Website/ignor... )

you mean Saturday......

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#661756 Oct 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Psuedo rev, you are absolutely repugnant and are an insane cultist. Repent already
I see no reason to call Alan a "psuedo" [sic] reverend.

I'm an ordained minister myself. Looking forward to performing the first legal same-sex marriage in Florida.

Pro bono.

The Borderland of Sol

#661757 Oct 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
How many people were killed by guns in America last year?
Answer: The Centers for Disease Control says 11,493 people died from gun homicides.
How many people were killed by the American Medical System?
Answer: 784,000.
I'm nearly sure that the CDC counts accidents, suicides, and justifiable homicides in with that statistic.

Subtract those, you'll wind up with less than hal;f that number.

Memphis, TN

#661758 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I see no reason to call Alan a "psuedo" [sic] reverend.
I'm an ordained minister myself. Looking forward to performing the first legal same-sex marriage in Florida.
Pro bono.
I dont see how U would (for the obedience of the Word of God) be in any way comfortable with being a so-called man of God and stand in the holy witness of God and join two of the same sexes in HOLY matrimony in a house of God!!!! But what can I say, preachers are selling their souls all the time these days (as was spoken of concerning end times) for government money:: Remember Bush Jr.'s FAITH-BASED INITIATIVE?!?

The Borderland of Sol

#661759 Oct 5, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text> I dont see how U would (for the obedience of the Word of God) be in any way comfortable with being a so-called man of God and stand in the holy witness of God and join two of the same sexes in HOLY matrimony in a house of God!!!! But what can I say, preachers are selling their souls all the time these days (as was spoken of concerning end times) for government money:: Remember Bush Jr.'s FAITH-BASED INITIATIVE?!?
We of the FHC do not discriminate.
All are welcome.
And I can be a tad ornery.

I despise bigotry in all its forms.
Greens - Tuf

Australia

#661760 Oct 5, 2013
This has become a thread for dysfunctional people who have no one else that wants to be around them so they lay all of their insecurities down on the table of Topix. These "dysfunctionates" been here day and night for months (even years for some) and all U here is the same ole low blow comments. Nothing intelligent ever comes from these folks, except from maybe Wikipedia. But anyway, has anyone figured out why we can't see God even though He's there?!?
"has anybody figured out why we can't see God even though He's there ?!?"

Umm...maybe because the "God" you speak of is nothing but energy.
The love you feel from you're "God" is just the energy that goes through you. That energy is than used for emotional purposes which than go back into the Universe.
Nothing but fluctuations.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#661761 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm nearly sure that the CDC counts accidents, suicides, and justifiable homicides in with that statistic.
Subtract those, you'll wind up with less than hal;f that number.
The CDC has been furloughed.

Non essential.
Greens - Tuf

Australia

#661762 Oct 5, 2013
Good vs Evil
God vs Devil

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#661763 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text> I dont see how U would (for the obedience of the Word of God) be in any way comfortable with being a so-called man of God and stand in the holy witness of God and join two of the same sexes in HOLY matrimony in a house of God!!!! But what can I say, preachers are selling their souls all the time these days (as was spoken of concerning end times) for government money:: Remember Bush Jr.'s FAITH-BASED INITIATIVE?!?
God builds houses?

That's where those Romans got the nails and hammers. Mysterious ways indeed.

Memphis, TN

#661764 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>We of the FHC do not discriminate.
All are welcome.
So U despise God also and believe that He is a bigot?! So U and your fellow brethren belong to a group that despises the testimony of God towards an abomination in which was not acceptable amongst His creation?! And then U corrupt His word and teach the people to accept ungodly deeds?! Have U and your brethren created a graven image of God?!, a mental image of who U want God to be and the things U want Him to accept or reject?! U know that this is exactly what U and your brethren have done and are doing to the people U spread your beliefs to.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#661765 Oct 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I "let it slide" because I don't feel the need to post to every grey box, first time poster here. There's so many of them, it'd be a waste of time.

But you are correct. That poster used the argument from popularity fallacy just like you did.
How conveeeenient.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#661766 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>We of the FHC do not discriminate.
All are welcome.
AGREED!

uuhh..... not about the ornery part....but about the the other stuff....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Richies Cool Man ... 38,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Innocent Holy dr ... 601,183
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Truth 543,113
if you see YOUR MOTHER AS A BED RTNER OF CELIBR... 35 min legsman73 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Dr_Zorderz 259,712
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Just Think 227,871
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min WildWeirdWillie 173,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 20 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••