Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#662035 Oct 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you're attempting to use poverty as an excuse for bad behavior.
Poverty is the single biggest cause of crimes in civilization.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#662036 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. Christine likes to think that E=MC2 somehow proves that an omnipotent God is inpossible.
It's quite funny, wait til she starts her rant.
I don’t like to think, I KNOW.

The fact that you have consistently tried to disprove the mass energy equivalence formula is simply laughable and speaks volumes to your (lack of) intelegence

“Be strong ...”

#662037 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really?
I exactly want to not be forced to buy anything or pay a fine.
I exactly want to buy a 32oz Coke in LA.
I exactly want to smoke in a public friggin park that I help pat for.
I exactly want to CHOOSE if I should wear a seat belt.
I exactly want to CHOOSE if I should wear a helmet on a motorcycle.
I exactly want to NOT register any firearms.
No, everyone in the US is not "free to do what they want".
Pat for? I will assume that your “mild dyslexia” has got the better of you and you really meant pay for

You have the OPTION to move somewhere where democracy has not chosen to implement those laws so stop whinging.

You were the one who brought up US freedoms and now you are contradicting yourself, anyway, as I said –“Freedom, wow, don’t make me laugh, everyone in the US is free to do what they want just so long as it’s exactly what you want.”

“Be strong ...”

#662038 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And if you don't care what happens in America, since you're so British, why do you bother throwing your two cents in?
<quoted text>
I understand the public thread thing. I see people post about shit like soccer or Ireland or something else I really don't give a shit about.
I don't post to those comments.
You post about America all the time as if you know what you're talking about.
Just stick to your bad teeth, hairy armpits and overpopulation. Leave us out of it.
I post about America based on my experience of America, Americans and Americanisms, you don’t agree with that freedom for a free individual to post whatever is relevant on a PUBLIC thread that is designed to encourage freedom of speech because you disagree then that’s you problem.

Honey you version of freedom and democracy are nothing more than facism

Hey butt breath, you really are an poor example of an ignorant American red neck christian aren’t you? So poor in fact that you have to guess to come up with insults

You mean bad teeth like you are obese?

Or bad teeth like you are arrogant?

Or bad teeth like you are ignorant?

Or bad teeth like you are under educated?

Or bad teeth like you are a raving gun nut?(Oh wait a moment, you are a raving gun nut)

Anyway,. That kind of bad teeth, i.e. the Fox media hype that you love to live for because you are to ignorant to actually find out facts for yourself??

My dearest butt breath, you want to sling insults like a good christian then please be man enough to accept reciprocation

“Be strong ...”

#662039 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have memory problems.
It was age 5.
Nope, you never made the age you had your vision clear.

The way you wrote suggested that you were able to see the argument from both points of view. That suggested either an adult or a teenage who believed that they invented farting. A five year old would not have the world experience to understand an alternative viewpoint so you either misrepresented you point or you lied. Either way you had absolutely no inkling of the alternate point of view.

More to the point, you are basing your life on a vision you had as a 5 year old. Jeez no wonder you come across as being so thick.

“Be strong ...”

#662040 Oct 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest president of Egypt was also elected democratically; and then he turned, and started supporting the muslim brotherhood.
Sometimes, democracy works only once; and then it is outlawed. Personally, I can't believe Obama could have been elected *once,* let alone *twice.*
<quoted text>
No, I'm explaining how democracy, like anything else, can be abused and misused--as in Egypt and, quite possibly, here.
It ain't perfect.
<quoted text>
Unless we impeach the son of a bitch. Not that it's very likely.
He lied to us. He told us that the mandate to purchase insurance or face fines was not a threat with fines. The Supreme Court told him that such a threat was unconstitutional. The only way he could legally threaten us with punishment & fines was if those fines were referred to as "taxes," which are legal and collected by Congress through the IRS. So he told the SC that it was a tax just so he could get his law pushed through, and then he turned around and he told the American people that it *wasn't* a tax.
Come next election you can (with luck and the people on your side) change the hierarchy. That’s democracy.

Or perhaps you could take the Egyptian model and have a quiet word with the US military to overthrow Obama

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662041 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Yes.
Through prayer, God has spoke to me.
<quoted text>
Then it's easy for you to prove it. Why can't you?
Why would that be easy to prove?

Can yuo prove you have hands?
How do you know it wasn't your own positive energy and your will that kept your horse going for another two years?
Cuz I wasn't positive at all, I thought he was going to die, so did the vet.
You and I have different definitions of "magic." You reject mine, while expecting me to accept yours.
I do NOT reject yours. I'm asking you questions not to belittle you or to use it to make fun of you, I'm simply curious about it.
Simply put, you do not know what magic is.
A true statement.
I explained to you that it is merely science not yet explained, and you seem to reject that in favor of your own biased and uninformed opinion.
No I don't. I've even argued with people (DF) on the very thread that it's possible some of the "magic" in the Bible is just unexplained science.
I have no reason to believe your story about the horse anyway; and if I were to tell you that I can get surgical incisions to heal twice as fast, just by directing qui (bioenergy that accupunctureists and accupressureists direct, with needles and manipulation, respectively), would you believe me? Somehow, I'm gettin' a vibe that you wouldn't.
How can one perform accupuncture on a horse?
Your "god" obviously has not spoken to you, because your god does not exist. If you were to tell me a flying invisible pink unicorn spoke to you, I wouldn't believe that, either.
Yes, God has spoken to me.

Do you believe in the IPU? If not, why bring it up?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662042 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Define "magically."
<quoted text>
Can't to it, huh? Why don't you just say so?
I could define magic for you, as the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

But I figured that wouldn't be good enough for you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662043 Oct 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Uhhh... is this a trick question?
lol

shhhhh

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662044 Oct 7, 2013

I haven't said Zeus has done anything. According to myth, though, he's the god of thunder and lightning. I see lightning and hear thunder whenever there's a storm.
According to the Bible, God created everything, including thunder and lighting.

Do you see lighting and hear thunder still?
According to myth, Thor came to banish ice giants; I don't see any ice giants anywhere.
Me neither.
According to myth, jesus came to bring peace to all mankind; Topix alone disproves your jesus.
Is that what you think?
Let's see you verify one damn thing that your god has done.
God loves me. God loves us all.

Try to verify love.

Anytime.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662045 Oct 7, 2013
I have no information one way or the other on telekinesis, that's nothing that I'm concerned with. I'm sure its adherents have all the "proof" *they* need for themselves, just like you christians have for yourselves; and I'm sure its detractors can counter all that "proof" the same way atheists disprove your jesus myth.
Where does your animosity for Christians come from?

I mean, to say "I'm sure its adherents have all the "proof" *they* need for themselves, just like you christians have for yourselves" shows it like not other.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662046 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Fundamentalist christians own firearms in order to protect their fundamentalist christian way of life. I own firearms to protect myself *from* the fundamentalist christians and their way of life.
That can't be verified, can it?

We'd have to find a Fundamentalist Christian to be sure.

But then, it's only the opinion of one.

I'm no fundie, but I know I don't keep my guns for that reason.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662047 Oct 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Right. That's why you spend every day and night on here trying to convince other people that particular god does not exist. If you don't care at all, then go get a life that does not include posting obsessively about the Abrahamic god, who you don't concern yourself with in the least. Hypocrite.
That is something I wholly cannot understand.

Why these people that say they don't believe God esists spend SOOOOOO much time discussing Him.

They've tried explaining it, but so far no one has made sense.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662048 Oct 7, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, we can agree that in the Torah God commanded Moses to introduce the laws to the people, right? Remembering the sabbath was one of His commandments and He even told Moses a t which time to observe the sabbath which began according to the Jewish lunar calender, at sundown on Friday and ended at sundown on Saturday. This was God's prophet which these sets of standards were given to for all of the Jew population. In the Book of Romans there is no prophet speaking, not even God or Jesus. This book has the narration as if this is a man (a Roman) speaking with a sense of wisdom. This is not a prophet speaking God's words. So either Moses (one of God's revered prophets) received the true message of God or the Romans (responsible for the crucifixion) received God's word which refutes His own will.
Yes.

But remember...

Jewish laws & Christian laws are not all the same.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662049 Oct 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
There is nothing easier than the beliefs of the culturally current christian, who LIKE YOU, believes what ever is convenient to themselves.
"some of the laws in the Bible are not universal, they are specific." How convenient. There are many thousands of sects of this religion, each and every one, the "only true version". We witness here, an attempt to create another new one. A fraud that intends to enrich it's creator at the expense of the intellectually poor. There is no occupation less moral than those who take their living from the alms of the convicted religious.
Every law in the Bible is not for everyone to follow. Some ARE specific laws to a specific people.

One's denomination doesn't change that fact.

Google this:

"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."

I think you'll be surprised what book it's from.

Then tell me that it's relevant to all because "it's written!".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662050 Oct 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
christianity is declining in every country that educates it's citizens.
Eh?

The Chinese, Canadians and Norwegians don't educate their citizens?

“Be strong ...”

#662051 Oct 7, 2013
Many people here find welfare preferable to work. Obama wants to make it easier for them to collect welfare. That keeps them in poverty.
<quoted text>
Maybe you're comparing Big Business to regular people, I don't know.
<quoted text>
Welfare should be temporary, until people can find work and get back on their feet; there are too many lazy, immature people here who want to collect welfare for life. I just saw some surfer dude on welfare and other handouts who wants nothing more than to live at his parents' house, play guitar, and buy lobster with his food stamps.
<quoted text>
She may have had her brains rattled a bit as a survivior of the London Blitz. Still, I think I'd rather take her word over that of an anonymous Topix poster (no offense).
<quoted text>
I want fairness *and freedom* for all.
<quoted text>
NO IT DOESN'T! IT'S **MANDATORY!!** Either sign up, or get punished. That's not what I'd call a real choice. I was better off before.
<quoted text>
I had my work hours reduced from 40 a week to 28 on account of the "advantages" of obamacare. I'd rather buy my own (or buy none at all) than have the government put a metaphorical gun to my head and tell me, "You *will* buy insurance!"
Many people here do too, however the government are going the other way by tightening up on welfare. To the extent that my brother in law who has a mental illness is currently undergoing a server bout of (suicidal) depression because he is worried whether his benefits (which incidentally fall far below government specified minimum wage rates) will be cut.

I agree that welfare is too easy on some claimants, BUT NOT ALL. Some have no choice in the matter, like my brother in law.

Who you believe is entirely up to you however I live here NOW, not in the blitz and I make use of the medical facilities available NOW, not in the blitz.

So long as you agree that it’s fair and free, not what others think of as fair and free but what you think of as fair and free. There is a distinction I don’t believe that many Americans take into account.

Do you have medical insurance? Then from what I understand you do not need to sign up for Obamacare. Obamacare is not compulsory, medical insurance is. Whatever the insurance, whether it’s private or public it certainly makes sense to have something in place for when the unexpected big C (or whatever) strikes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662052 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You misunderstand. Christine likes to think that E=MC2 somehow proves that an omnipotent God is inpossible.
It's quite funny, wait til she starts her rant.
ChristineM wrote:
I don’t like to think, I KNOW.
The fact that you have consistently tried to disprove the mass energy equivalence formula is simply laughable and speaks volumes to your (lack of) intelegence
I highly doubt that you could test E=MC2.

I know that you cannot test God.

Therefore, you do't know shit. You just assume.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#662053 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty is the single biggest cause of crimes in civilization.
That is not at all true. You have criminals in all strata of society. It is the putting of self above the whole that is the basis of crime. It is the deciding of what is moral on a persoanl level and exploiting weaknesses in the system for one's personal gain or satisfaction that is the major basis of crime. Beating the system. Disaffection from the group. The same thought process that drives Topix atheists. Birds of a feather flock together.

This boils down to the basic evolutionary desire to exist as an individual at all costs. The fact is you can't be an individual. But you can be a disaffected idiot out of emotional control. You can put your physical mind to work exploiting others for the now. Some people can be constructive in their disagreements with the status quo, leading to advancement of the whole, others, such as Topix atheists, are just fools caught up in the wind blown by the destructive.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662054 Oct 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I post about America based on my experience of America, Americans and Americanisms, you don’t agree with that freedom for a free individual to post whatever is relevant on a PUBLIC thread that is designed to encourage freedom of speech because you disagree then that’s you problem.
Honey you version of freedom and democracy are nothing more than facism
Hey butt breath, you really are an poor example of an ignorant American red neck christian aren’t you? So poor in fact that you have to guess to come up with insults
You mean bad teeth like you are obese?
Or bad teeth like you are arrogant?
Or bad teeth like you are ignorant?
Or bad teeth like you are under educated?
Or bad teeth like you are a raving gun nut?(Oh wait a moment, you are a raving gun nut)
Anyway,. That kind of bad teeth, i.e. the Fox media hype that you love to live for because you are to ignorant to actually find out facts for yourself??
My dearest butt breath, you want to sling insults like a good christian then please be man enough to accept reciprocation
Your British interpretation of America and American freedoms is laughable at best.

Are you telling me that the British bad teeth thing is just a myth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Kwisatz Haderach 87,794
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min waaasssuuup 703,622
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 3 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 5 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3
Silence German Style 5 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 8 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,548