Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661840 Oct 6, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
Auto correct, nitwit. You can't infer the proper word by context? You're not very bright.
Like you nitpicking me for writing "is" instead of "I'd"?

You're not very bright.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#661841 Oct 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>We of the FHC do not discriminate.
All are welcome.
And I can be a tad ornery.
I despise bigotry in all its forms.
Good for you. I suppose some of my fighting fire with fire might make me look like a bigot sometimes but people who know me know that I fight for the rights and freedom of all people even Christians.

I support the right of Christian parents to home school their children if they so choose and many of the ones I know are giving they children a much better education than they would receive in the government run schools.

What really gets my goat are the anti-gay Christ-insanity-ists who refuse to obey the biblical commands that apply to them while insisting that gay people must obey those 6 anti-gay verses. Christ-insanity-ists ignore 30,000 verses while insisting gays obey 6 of them. There is no better word for this than insanity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661842 Oct 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
People who want to take our honestly acquired property away from us is the biggest danger to society and the American Medical establishment kills 500 times the number of people guns do.
Gun education should start in first grade and using guns in a school class should start by 5th or 6th grade. We educate our children how to drive a car and we should educate our children about the responsible use of guns. Ignorance is not a virtue, ignorance is what makes guns dangerous.
My best friend was killed when we went home with a classmate after school one day and he went in and got his dads hand gun. I grew up with guns and I knew they were not toys to be played with. I told him to put it away or we were leaving. He refused to put the gun back in his fathers room and my friend refused to leave with me. They both called me chicken as I left his house. Of course the gun had a bullet in it and it went off killing my friend. "J" admitted to the cops that they were taking turns pointing it at each other and pulling the trigger. Had "J's" father taken him to the gun range and let him shoot the gun and then locked it up so he could not get to it, my friend would be alive today.
I am glad I grew up with guns. When I got my first BB Gun I shot at a black bird and I hit it. I was so excited to have actually shot something so I ran to see my kill. There was this poor bird suffering flapping its wings in pure agony, laying on the ground slowly loosing its life as I watched, stunned, not knowing what, if anything to do.
I never again ever used a gun to kill another living thing.
This is probably your most sensible post yet.

Good job.

Location hidden

#661843 Oct 6, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
"has anybody figured out why we can't see God even though He's there ?!?"
Umm...maybe because the "God" you speak of is nothing but energy.
The love you feel from you're "God" is just the energy that goes through you. That energy is than used for emotional purposes which than go back into the Universe.
Nothing but fluctuations.
Human beings exist so that the Universe can become more conscious of its self and to maintain itself. There is no God. The Universe is doing just fine with out one, always has, always will.

Are you participating in what the Universe is doing?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#661844 Oct 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't I have an RPG?

You can, with a background check from FBI/BATF and $200.00 tax stamp.

http://www.autoweapons.com/products/destructi...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661846 Oct 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Billions might worship Jesus but all of them fail to do what he commands, and that means you hate Jesus.
And Billions more worship Allah so that means Allah is more real than your Jesus.
Incorrect.

There are nearly twice as many people that believe in Jesus compared to those that believe in Allah.

Location hidden

#661847 Oct 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The CDC has been furloughed.
Non essential.
Speaking of nonessential, let us get rid of the Department of Education and send all the money directly to the local schools.

Location hidden

#661848 Oct 6, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
Good vs Evil
God vs Devil
That's fun. Anything going on with Santa and Satan? Or Dog and god?

Location hidden

#661849 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>So U despise God also and believe that He is a bigot?! So U and your fellow brethren belong to a group that despises the testimony of God towards an abomination in which was not acceptable amongst His creation?! And then U corrupt His word and teach the people to accept ungodly deeds?! Have U and your brethren created a graven image of God?!, a mental image of who U want God to be and the things U want Him to accept or reject?! U know that this is exactly what U and your brethren have done and are doing to the people U spread your beliefs to.
Just look at what you are doing to the English language!

pot/kettle

Location hidden

#661850 Oct 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Comparing weed to a gun isn't really a fair comparison - weed truly has never killed anyone, and guns (or rather, people with guns if you like) have killed many. Additionally, weed will certainly be regulated if it is legalized. That's one of the biggest benefits of legalization - we can kill the black market and make money by regulating it ourselves. We can put in place a system similar to alcohol to help prevent under age people from getting it.
Guns are more similar to cars than weed anyway. You need skill to operate both responsible, and both can kill people. We register cars and their drivers, because that makes sense, and I think the only reason people have such an aversion to gun registration is because they are convinced that such a thing is a harbinger of the apocalypse.
My point was that the government is concerned about the wrong things. They spend billions on things like weed when there are deadly problems. Getting dead is a much bigger problem than is getting high, if it is any problem at all.

The other thing is, and you can watch TV cops shows for verification, is that young people, underage people, can get all the alcohol and weed they want.

People in government are too stupid to accept that citizens are going to do what they want regardless of what a bunch of old fossils in government want them to do. Laws do not work. Never have never will.

You are correct that we register cars, but still they are stolen and driven to hack shops and sent around the world. Last time I was in Mexico the local Mayor was arrested because he was driving around in a car that was stolen in Florida.

If laws worked and everyone did the right thing we would not need prisons.

There is a problem in America, a bigger problem than guns and weed put together and our Government refuses to address it because it would not be profitable for them and their big business partners to fix it.

So the insanity of Crony Capitalism continues to destroy Capitalism.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661851 Oct 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again, the question is, where in the Bible can you justify changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. The sabbath is Saturday and it was changed to Sunday, where is your biblical justification for doing so? Chapter and verse please.
Please actually read it this time:
-edited for space-
•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday;
•(b) Jesus' first appearance to his disciples after the Resurrection was on Sunday;
•(c) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church first occurred on a Sunday Pentecost;
•(d) Paul told the Corinthian church to put aside money and save on the first day of the week so that no collection would be needed when he arrived (1 Cor. 16:20);
•(e) Paul spoke to a group of Christians until midnight on a Sunday (Acts 20:5-12); and
•(f) The Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 ("I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet") referred to Sunday.
Problems accompany each explanation.
•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday, but died on a Friday. His death was certainly as important as his Resurrection, if not more so. So why wasn't the Sabbath transferred to Friday?;
•(b) and (C) Why would the fact that Jesus first appeared to his disciples on Sunday or the Holy Spirit first fell on the church on Sunday be of such significance as to overrule God's commandment that the seventh day was to be the Sabbath? They are rather weak reeds to lean on, especially when Archer admits that, "After Pentecost it seems that the Christian community continued to celebrate the seventh-day Sabbath as before, by gathering with other Jews (both converted and unconverted) for the reading of the Torah, for preaching, and for prayer" (Ibid. p. 117). He immediately tried to regain his loss by stating, "But there is no demonstable reference to Christians ever gathering on the Sunday Sabbath to celebrate the Lord's Supper or to hold a distinctively Christian assembly" (Ibid. p. 117). But, then, where is the evidence that they regularly gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Lord's Supper or hold distinctively Christian assemblies?;
•(D) and (E) 1 Cor. 16:2 and Acts 20:5-12, or delivering a sermon on Sunday evening hardly warrant changing the Sabbath; and
•(F) Archer's final contention that the Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 is Sunday relies upon extra-biblical sources and is wholly unconvincing.
When all is said and done, the basic question remains. Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?
Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?
Lol. Calm down, dude. You're gonna burst a blood vessel.

The sabbath used to be Sunday, but changed after Jesus' resurrection.

Christians gradually changed it.

It doesn't matter what day it is.

Romans 14:5-6

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Location hidden

#661852 Oct 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god of hate is an abomination. And so are you, since it is people like you who give it life.
Nicely said!

Location hidden

#661853 Oct 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't like gun debates. They're impossible. I don't like the government. I believe we are heading in many dangerous directions. But you start venturing into fantasy land when you insist that any "infringement" on the holy 2nd amendment is but one step on the road to eventual confiscation and then... FEMA camps? I don't know. Disagree with regulation on principle all you want, but gun registration does not necessarily have sinister undertones.
Can we find any law the government has passed that didn't eventually lead to new ways to apply the law that results in a loss of freedom?

Has the Government ever passed a law that doesn't need a new law to fix the problems in the first law? And so on and so forth so that today we have 2.5 million laws we are all required to obey.

You can ask the Government for clarification about certain laws and you will get conflicting contradictory "answers", yet your are required to obey the laws under threat of fine and imprisonment.

I don't blame those companies who go over-seas to do business as our Government makes it almost impossible to do business here unless you are someone who contributes large amounts of money to the political campaign.

Location hidden

#661854 Oct 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>FHC? Definitely. Sounds sinister.
Good one! LOL!

Location hidden

#661855 Oct 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And you underestimate American tolerance. Sure, many are brainwashed by the Zionist media into hating arabs and muslims in general, but to vote out minorities would be the destruction of the American way and concept of freedom.
Few Americans care about unpopular minorities and are quite happy to vote for laws to deny them their rights.

When you say things like "the Zionist media" you prove your own bigotry, ignorance and hatred of American.

Obviously the problem is one of religion, religious intolerance and ignorance. This is what the American Founding Fathers were well aware of and they tried to give us a country where Jews, Christians, Athiests and Muslims could live next to one another and enjoy a life of peace and prosperity.

People who insist their religion is real are the biggest danger to the world today because if their religion is real, all the others are not real. It isn't long before killing people who are wrong seems perfectly normal.

And I never suggested it was a good idea for Americans to vote on Arabs and Muslims I just stated an obvious fact that many would vote to violate your rights just like they vote to violate the rights of gay people. Just like they used to vote to violate the right of blacks and women. And just like they continue to violate the rights of pot smokers today.

People do not realize that when they make government strong enough to violate the rights of unpopular minorities it has a nasty habit of turning around and biting them on the ass.

Unpopular minorities do not realize that when they vote to restrict the rights of other unpopular minorities they are putting garbage into their own future.

Every one has to be free to live their peaceful life with other consenting adults as they wish to live it. No one has any right to tell other people what they can and can't do. Religious people will disagree of course, but that is because you are all insane.

Location hidden

#661856 Oct 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The only way you can look at all of the animals on this planet and not REALIZE that the Lord Jesus Christ is REAL(John 1-3)is because you are DELIBERATELY CHOOSING TO BE STOOPID.
LOL, I had no idea you liked to make fun of Christians so much.

Location hidden

#661857 Oct 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, dude. Here's a complete list of all English bible translations.
There aren't 233.
There's no [MARY] or M.A.R.Y version.
You're lying
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Englis...
You spend so much time trying to discredit me, yet you spend almost no time trying to defend your stupid, ignorant, contradictory Bible. And that is easy to understand, you can not defend your Bible; it is so contradictory that it can not be trusted.

Here is an answer I found online:

Another answer: http://wiki.answers.com There are 233 different English versions on the market.
The ESV & NASV, with the NKJV, & NIV, & the NWT(JW's), and all others, are not in any way, the most accurate.
Except for the AV1611, corrected spelling & brought up to date in 1769, which is the Bible we have today, all "new versions" are from two corrupt MSS, found in a trash can in a catholic monastery.
This has been documented, some research on your part, will show that.
The hype is "older MSS are better", "more accurate", "this verse should actually read as this new version", etc,etc.
If folks want a "modern version" without buying one, take a marker and go through a KJAV1611 Bible, and mark out what you think is not needed.
The originals were never in a "book" or Bible.

Anyway, I have never liked your dog and pony show games nor your cheating and dishonesty.

What you could have done, should have done, is say, I can't find any evidence of the M.A.R.Y. translation of the Bible.

And I would agree with you, you can't. It is as real as any other version in the mythology section at your local library.

Location hidden

#661858 Oct 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're lying
You God doesn't exist. I am telling the truth.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#661859 Oct 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you claim that your deity is a bigot - and you appear to be claiming that it is - then, yes. I reject it, and you, utterly.
No deity should be that small-minded.
Why reject me?! U're the one that has claimed to be an ordained minister and then said that U would go against God's will. U said this, not me! That's the same as being appointed to the bench and disregarding the laws of the land which U suppose to uphold. U said my deity like yours is different. We both are going to be judged by the same entity whether we make up our own or not. So there's no need to reject me, U should reject bringing 2 men before God and allowing them to join in holy matrimony as if it is approved by the God that disapproves of this abomination.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#661860 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Why reject me?! U're the one that has claimed to be an ordained minister and then said that U would go against God's will. U said this, not me! That's the same as being appointed to the bench and disregarding the laws of the land which U suppose to uphold. U said my deity like yours is different. We both are going to be judged by the same entity whether we make up our own or not. So there's no need to reject me, U should reject bringing 2 men before God and allowing them to join in holy matrimony as if it is approved by the God that disapproves of this abomination.
He is a an atheist minister doofus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Michael 703,635
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 44 min freespeechmcgee 87,844
Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating? 1 hr curiosity22 1
My roommate stole from me and the authorities a... 2 hr Jephtee881 1
Gay snap eh 3 hr Dpics2 16
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 7 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313