“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661473 Oct 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How weird, you once claimed that you had come to christianity late in life, that you were a reformed atheist I believe were you words
So tell me, which was a lie?
WHAT?

I've never said that.

The lie is whatever you're typing here.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#661474 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is a job title?!
shut up
Thousands of fictional beings, like the god of the bible, have been referred to as God.

The fact that the god of the bible is often referred to as "God" - even though he has a name, several in fact - Yaweh, Jehovah, etc.- doesn't make that god any more or less real than all the other gods.

So, when people keep asking you "which god" - that is why. Because the god you worship, like all the other gods, has a name.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#661475 Oct 3, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes well I was out numbered, and to be honest it was my FIRST religious confrontation EVER (true). Not many will explore this in person will they? Not making excuses. I wont change User ID's again :) Catholic = European Aussie. Peace be with you... Nite.
Well, I appreciate the candidness.

With this form, I've seen many others show the same, as long as mutual respect is given when discussing.

Believe me, we all stand firm in OUR own beliefs, but are open enough to hear objective and subjective opinions related to such. One just has to take the time to, in the least, try to understand the others position, and always know - we each get to believe how we choose.

We are the ones who choose our beliefs and only we can change those beliefs. I recommend research before believing, and not just take the words of men to explain them to you - because with religion, many teachings are not what they seem, are outdated, and in honesty, don't required any other person to tell us what to believe.

Good luck!

Albuquerque, NM

#661476 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say that the Bible has any "invalid parts", that just don't sound right. What seems more apropos would be to say that some of it is "invalid today". If that's what you meant, I sort of agree.
I say sit of because it's the history of the Bible that we can't ignore. What folks back then did and how savage they were before the old laws were enacted upon them.
Some may seem ridiculous to us now, but they still sort of make sense. Look at Deuteronomy 22:11,
"Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together". What's that?!? "Don't wear mixed fabrics?!?" is what folks today say, but it's been shown that "wool, when combined with linen, increases its power of passing off the electricity from the body. In hot climates, it brings on malignant fevers and exhausts the strength; and when passing off from the body, it meets with the heated air, inflames and excoriates like a blister" . See Eze 44:17, 18.
Crazy stuff.
Since these texts were written in an arid place within the world, the writer really only sees it from one perspective - the regional temperature.

I bet those living in colder regions may find it comfortable than somethign else.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#661477 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand MAJORITY.
But in this case, it's a very small number that turned the tide to make Obama the MAJORITY. Romney - 49%. Obama - 51%. That's pretty damn close.
And in the topic of Obamacare, more than 70% of Americans don't want it. That's a MAJORITY, also. derp.
The big problem is, Obama and his Democrat supporters don't give a red rat's ass what the American people want.
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I'm not pissed or whiny that Obama won. I voted for Romney but he's just another politician prick like the rest of them.
With this attitude you're conveying, you should rally against Obamacare, because the MAJORITY doesn't want it.
<quoted text>
OK, that paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.
The size of the majority does not matter

The American people voted Obama to do a job.

Funny really that when asked if they are for or against “affordable health care” then the majority are for affordable health care. It’s the avatar they are against, not the system. Also funny that it was conservatives who first adopted the term with highly negative connotations to create the avatar. Another case of minority smear tactics because they can’t have their way.

Wrong, it seems just as your version of christianity is intolerant to any other version of faith then your idea of what you think is what Americans want is really what you want. And you are unwilling to tolerate any other political view. The fact that the MAJORITY (however slim that majority) would tell a person of understanding that it was actually a majority.

And yet you are still whinging…

Why should I rally against Obamacare, I am British and have had access to health care free at the point source all my life. Even by British standards I am a left wing liberal, by US standards that makes me a cold war Russian sympathiser. Total bollocks by the way but hey, I can’t control the way you right wingers think.

Perfectly sensible, you have already shown your racism several times on here. The second part, for your information, a democrat voting for a democrat is exactly the same as a republican voting for republican. Just because you don’t like the idea of a democrat voting for a democrat is no ones fault but that of your own intolerance.

Albuquerque, NM

#661478 Oct 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? Basic addition is a footprint of a god? wow what have you been smoking?
Nope, godbots who have been left behind and who do not understand genetics call it junk DNA, science call it DNA or non coding DNA. You may find it educational to realise that recent advances in genetics have shown that non coding DNA is used in various, thought to be unrelated, sequences,.
What it looks like to you is what it looks like to you, not what it actually is. And that my friend looks like millions and millions and millions of combinations of 4 chemicals made of 5 basic elements and it has nothing to do with what was a movie depiction of a computer virus
The very fact that basic math can be used to describe the universe in no way implies a god of any sort, it simply implies that chemical elements combine in predictable ways
Yes science is progressing rapidly and the consensus of over 90% of those scientists is that no god did it
We are learning many new things about cell organization, specific genes that can be controlled, and other quite interesting things.

To totally discount junk DNA as rubbish, is like discounting the 80% of the brain we don't use - yet.

:o)

#661479 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?
I've never said that.
The lie is whatever you're typing here.
It was soon after you started posting on topix, just after we had our first discussion on emotion being measured on an MRI and (for the first and only time) you admitted that I was correct and before our discussion on your pathological and irrational hatred of doctors.

I do not remember the exact wording but essentially you claimed that you knew what it was like to be a non believer because you were once a non believer yourself

I was simply a query based on my recollection of your first few weeks on topix, I have no evidence to hand and I have no intention of trawling back through a couple of threads

#661481 Oct 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We are learning many new things about cell organization, specific genes that can be controlled, and other quite interesting things.
To totally discount junk DNA as rubbish, is like discounting the 80% of the brain we don't use - yet.
:o)
Essentially what I said.

“recent advances in genetics have shown that non coding DNA is used in various, thought to be unrelated, sequences,

It is amazing how some godbots can ignore the fact that science is improving all the time, they ignore such new knowledge and harp back to more incomplete ideas of years gone by – and think they are being clever.

#661482 Oct 3, 2013
DevilDawsonWOMyMeds wrote:
you can't prove he is anymore than you can disprove it!
E=MC^2

There done

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661483 Oct 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of fictional beings, like the god of the bible, have been referred to as God.
The fact that the god of the bible is often referred to as "God" - even though he has a name, several in fact - Yaweh, Jehovah, etc.- doesn't make that god any more or less real than all the other gods.
So, when people keep asking you "which god" - that is why. Because the god you worship, like all the other gods, has a name.
Yahweh & Jehovah are just Hebrew words that mean "God".

Jews call Him by those "names", Christians don't.

So asking a Christian "which god?" is a stupid question.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661484 Oct 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Since these texts were written in an arid place within the world, the writer really only sees it from one perspective - the regional temperature.
I bet those living in colder regions may find it comfortable than somethign else.
That's right.

And that's exactly a reason why a lot of the OT laws are not meant for all people to follow. They are a specific set of laws for a specific set of people.

It's analogous to British laws not pertaining to Americans anymore.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661485 Oct 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The size of the majority does not matter
The American people voted Obama to do a job.
Funny really that when asked if they are for or against “affordable health care” then the majority are for affordable health care. It’s the avatar they are against, not the system. Also funny that it was conservatives who first adopted the term with highly negative connotations to create the avatar. Another case of minority smear tactics because they can’t have their way.
Wrong, it seems just as your version of christianity is intolerant to any other version of faith then your idea of what you think is what Americans want is really what you want. And you are unwilling to tolerate any other political view. The fact that the MAJORITY (however slim that majority) would tell a person of understanding that it was actually a majority.
And yet you are still whinging…
Why should I rally against Obamacare, I am British and have had access to health care free at the point source all my life. Even by British standards I am a left wing liberal, by US standards that makes me a cold war Russian sympathiser. Total bollocks by the way but hey, I can’t control the way you right wingers think.
Perfectly sensible, you have already shown your racism several times on here. The second part, for your information, a democrat voting for a democrat is exactly the same as a republican voting for republican. Just because you don’t like the idea of a democrat voting for a democrat is no ones fault but that of your own intolerance.
Ah. I see where you're going. You're saying since the majority (2%) voted Obama into office, all of us should just blindly follow his ego.

That may be how you Brits do it, but we Americans are used to our freedoms and we're used to standing up for ourselves and what we want.

You're admitting that the majority voted in Obama, and that that's important. But you're ignoring that the minority wants Obamacare to continue , as if that's not important. That's odd.

And if you don't care what happens in America, since you're so British, why do you bother throwing your two cents in?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661486 Oct 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It was soon after you started posting on topix, just after we had our first discussion on emotion being measured on an MRI and (for the first and only time) you admitted that I was correct and before our discussion on your pathological and irrational hatred of doctors.
I do not remember the exact wording but essentially you claimed that you knew what it was like to be a non believer because you were once a non believer yourself
I was simply a query based on my recollection of your first few weeks on topix, I have no evidence to hand and I have no intention of trawling back through a couple of threads
Oh, I know what you're talking about. I remember now.

I never said I was an atheist.

I never said I became a Christian as an adult.

I said that as an adult, I nearly dropped my faith in God. Nearly, not completely. Then God turned my life around and restored my faith.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661487 Oct 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
There done
Again with the E=MC2 thing?

How many times must I prove that wrong to you?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

just better than yesterday

#661489 Oct 3, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano likes spanking because his mother spanked him as a child, and therefore he eroticed it.
You were also spanked, and erotice spanking.
You must be Nanoanomaly.
Lol, nano eroticing his abuse, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You really should seek help.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661492 Oct 3, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano likes spanking because his mother spanked him as a child, and therefore he eroticed it.
You were also spanked, and erotice spanking.
You must be Nanoanomaly.
Lol, nano eroticing his abuse, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
What makes you assume that I add spanking into my sex life? I don't. Spanking does nothing for me.

Does it suck to be wrong all the time?

Is that why you're so angry?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#661493 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I find homosexuality ...But it is natural.
Well finally you are in agreement with one of the 233 English Bibles.

Romans 14:14,[MARY] "There is nothing un-natural of itself."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661494 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm RR.
That's good enough for you.
RR does not speak for his God because his God does not exist. RR speaks for himself and pretends it is God working through him.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661495 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've changed.
I've grown.
It's too bad others can't.
Next thing we know you'll be admitting that the Bible is too flawed for a God to have written it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#661496 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who am I insulting?!
Everyone with an IQ number higher than their shoe size.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 3 min stemaxgizmo 53,326
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Gods r Delusions ... 578,929
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 5 min stemaxgizmo 153
Why do girls wear thongs? (May '13) 12 min stemaxgizmo 35
I'm making whatsapp group for friendship & more... 14 min het4u 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min bad bob 176,203
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 31 min Good-Evil 1,963
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 270,053
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr MUQ2 39,952
More from around the web