Prove there's a god.
Shaddup

United States

#661665 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Cars aren't listed under the second amendment as The right to bear one ,"shall not be infringed" either. Also you have to have a permit to carry one in public.
Registration is not infringement, you gun-sick putz. The Second Amendment has outlived it's usefulness, and, it was first used to strike down a rebellion against the government. Use your Google machine.
If you think your Glock can stop a drone...
By the way, I ask this of every gun nut. Where do you draw the line? Arms in 1776 were flintlocks. Today, an ICBM is an arm. A well regulated militia (whoops, excise and exorcise them there words, Bubba), blah, blah, blah shall not be infringed. Suitcase nukes and ICBMs for everyone!

So, which is it? Are flintlocks or ICBMs the standard. Take your time, little penis.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#661666 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I didn't say I've seen God, unfortunately He remains visually invisible to me. What I mean by "God has shown Himself to me" is that I've felt His touch, heard His voice and seen His works. I have never 'seen' God.
I don't care what happens to my corpse, either. I gave my wife full autonomy on that. She'll likely fry my ass and sprinkle me outi n the riverbottom with her mom, assuming I go first.
But I do care about my soul. It is eternal and will never "lay to rest" like my body will.
You have said "god has shown himself to you". My question is why in the universe do you think the "soul" is immortal? What criteria are you using to make the determination that the soul is immortal? Are the souls of pet dogs, cats and birds, also immortal? Allright, saying the soul is immortal, is of the supernatural realm, of which I cannot comprehend, in the furthest stretch of my wildest imagination. For starters, I do not believe in the following: fortune tellers; palm readers, psychics; tea leaf and coffee ground readers; mentalists; magicians; seers; astrologers, etc. To my thinking, all of this "stuff" are lies against humanity. Do you agree?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#661667 Oct 4, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>Registration is not infringement, you gun-sick putz. The Second Amendment has outlived it's usefulness, and, it was first used to strike down a rebellion against the government. Use your Google machine.
If you think your Glock can stop a drone...
By the way, I ask this of every gun nut. Where do you draw the line? Arms in 1776 were flintlocks. Today, an ICBM is an arm. A well regulated militia (whoops, excise and exorcise them there words, Bubba), blah, blah, blah shall not be infringed. Suitcase nukes and ICBMs for everyone!
So, which is it? Are flintlocks or ICBMs the standard. Take your time, little penis.
N/P dipshyte just find yourself another country to live in.
America doesn't need you anyway.

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/509...

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#661668 Oct 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest president of Egypt was also elected democratically; and then he turned, and started supporting the muslim brotherhood.
Sometimes, democracy works only once; and then it is outlawed. Personally, I can't believe Obama could have been elected *once,* let alone *twice.*
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you associating the long standing democracy of the US with the fledgling system of Egypt? This of course would explain the current unrest in your country.
No, I'm explaining how democracy, like anything else, can be abused and misused--as in Egypt and, quite possibly, here.

It ain't perfect.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Morsi was already a member of the Muslim brotherhood before he was elected. During the election campaign he did portray the will of the majority.
Believe it or not, it happened and you are stuck with it at least until next election – I am unsure if a US president can be elected for three terms.
Unless we impeach the son of a bitch. Not that it's very likely.

He lied to us. He told us that the mandate to purchase insurance or face fines was not a threat with fines. The Supreme Court told him that such a threat was unconstitutional. The only way he could legally threaten us with punishment & fines was if those fines were referred to as "taxes," which are legal and collected by Congress through the IRS. So he told the SC that it was a tax just so he could get his law pushed through, and then he turned around and he told the American people that it *wasn't* a tax.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661669 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I hate to agree with RR, but he's right. The majority of Americans are opposed to Obamacare.*All* of Congress have exempted themselves and their aides from it. The labor unions--Obama's champions--have turned against it. Big Business is exempt from it. So why are the rest of us stuck with it?
We are a two-class society, in direct violation of the Constitution. Thank you for that, Mr. Obama.
<quoted text>
No, it hasn't.
<quoted text>
Too much dependence on welfare.
<quoted text>
I once worked for a veterinarian who was from England. What she told me about socialized medicine in GB was, "You'll be lucky to get a doctor who isn't flicking his cigarette ashes into your incision."
I don't want to go to the government for medical service; I'd rather go to a doctor of my own choosing.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
US poverty rates in the US are 15%, that creates a poverty class whether you believe it or not.
Many people here find welfare preferable to work. Obama wants to make it easier for them to collect welfare. That keeps them in poverty.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text> Looking form the outside I would think the US is a three or four class society ranging from the poorest to the richest, but that’s juts my opinion based of observation.
Maybe you're comparing Big Business to regular people, I don't know.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Personal opinion, I am a great believer in the NHS, I know other that aren’t however in a humane society welfare of the poor is a given (or should be)
Welfare should be temporary, until people can find work and get back on their feet; there are too many lazy, immature people here who want to collect welfare for life. I just saw some surfer dude on welfare and other handouts who wants nothing more than to live at his parents' house, play guitar, and buy lobster with his food stamps.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Well all I can say is that the vet you worked for was an outdated in biased fool.
She may have had her brains rattled a bit as a survivior of the London Blitz. Still, I think I'd rather take her word over that of an anonymous Topix poster (no offense).
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>What you want and what other people want is obviously two separate things and of course,
I want fairness *and freedom* for all.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text> obamacare gives you the choice,
NO IT DOESN'T! IT'S **MANDATORY!!** Either sign up, or get punished. That's not what I'd call a real choice. I was better off before.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>you can pay privately or you can go to the government. Some people are not as lucky as you are financially.
I had my work hours reduced from 40 a week to 28 on account of the "advantages" of obamacare. I'd rather buy my own (or buy none at all) than have the government put a metaphorical gun to my head and tell me, "You *will* buy insurance!"

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661670 Oct 4, 2013
Oh, he's doing a job on us, that's for sure. Just not the one his voters hoped for.
Can *you* tell me why the majority of Americans are opposed to his health care law? Can you tell me why his biggest supporters--the labor unions--now oppose that law?
Can you tell me why Congress and all their aides are exempt from it?
Can you tell me why Big Business got a one-year delay in implementation, but the average working stiff didn't?
We were sold a phony bill of goods.
Obama lied, and the nation cried.
<quoted text>
Yet under this law, some rates have gone up four hundred percent. That isn't "affordable." My boss can't afford it.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell my why the majority of Americans would accept his health care reforms if they were not miss titled obamacare?
You're dodging my questions the way RiversideRedneck and waaasssuuup dodge my questions.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text> Because the members of congress etc are paid enough to purchase health care without government assistance?
They exempted themselves from it because they think they're above it.

Do you *really* believe that being forced by the government to buy insurance, whether one can afford it or not, is a good thing?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I believe you will find that it was bush who lied
Oh, bullshit. He had nothing to do with the Unaffordable Health Care act. Why are you trying to blame Bush? Is it just the liberal thing to do? You don't even live here; what do *you* care what goes on here?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>and left a huge world mess that obama has done a cognisable amount to ease.
Obama quadrupled our debt. He hasn't eased anything.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>What gives you the impression that it’s “under this law” as I understand it the law is not yet implemented,
It went into effect on the first of October. Congess is exempt; Big Business is exempt; Michelle and the kids are exempt; care to explain why?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661671 Oct 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
There done
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki *didn't* work?
I'll alert the media.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be saying that?
I was asking RR, not you. He seemed to disagree with the reality of E=MC2.

When it comes to fundie christianity, I'm on your side; too bad we don't agree on obamacare.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661672 Oct 4, 2013
No. I do, however, know how to use natural forces to gain a desired goal; that's what magic really is. It is science not yet explained. I can show anyone how to do it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Can you give me an example?
No. We’d have to meet face to face, and you’d have to be initiated. Sorry; I don’t make up the rules, I just follows ‘em.(It ain't called "occult" for nothin'.)

I asked: WHICH ONE (god)?? Yours? Mine? Buybull god? Invisible sky daddy?? Ares? Zeus? Athena? Aphrodite? They're all gods, just as much as your god.
You refuse to give an honest answer.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
God.
What does a Christian call their deity? "God."
Waaasssuuup says christians (and you said you're a christian) call their god jesus. Do you disagree?
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#661673 Oct 4, 2013
Soreasskate , its to bad you have to be abominable

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661674 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL But you get to tell me mine?
When you claim to have a relationship with something that clearly does not exist, yes.

You say your god is the one and only; it isn't.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#661675 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The latest president of Egypt was also elected democratically; and then he turned, and started supporting the muslim brotherhood.
Sometimes, democracy works only once; and then it is outlawed. Personally, I can't believe Obama could have been elected *once,* let alone *twice.*
Let me tell you from the prospective of an outsider, congratulations to the American People for electing an honorable man (for a change)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661676 Oct 4, 2013
Redoran wrote:
In you wildest dreams, do you believe mary was directly impregnated into her vagina by a god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not in my dreams. In my reality.
In my reality, yes. I believe Mary was impregnated by God.
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
How can I help?
<quoted text>
Eyewitness? Mary.
Not according to "god's word."

Four different accounts, none of them agree.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661677 Oct 4, 2013
And why do you refuse to explain which god you believe in? When you speak of “god,” do you or do you not mean the god of the bible? The god of christianity?(I’m assuming you’re not a muslim, which actually believes in the same “god” of Abraham, only under a different name.)
You refuse to answer that question, and you won't say why.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG....
Christian.
God.
Derp.
C'mon, you can do it....
Put the two together...
You believe in the christian god. Why did you make me drag it out of you?

So don't tell me you believe in "god," when you clearly don't.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661678 Oct 4, 2013
You believe in the god of christianity, but you refuse to admit it. Are you ashamed?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? What do you mean I refuse to acept it?
I've told you at least a dozen times that I'm Christian and I believe in God.
Why would you ask a Christian "which god"?
I've even seen the stupid question about Zeus...
Have you been drinking? I never accused you of not *accepting* your god. I said you refused to admit which god you believed in. You just kept saying you believed in "god," which is a job title and not a name.

Now, why is Zeus stupid but your jesusgod isn't? Zeus is as real as the christian god.(Think about that before answering.)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661679 Oct 4, 2013
I forgot to add that you let it slide because you'll never side against a fellow christian and with a witch, even when you know the witch is right.
Christians always stick together.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Don't presume to think that I'm like that. I'm not.
I'd sure like to believe that....

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661680 Oct 4, 2013
Renfield is the mental patient in "Dracula."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
I'm not very familiar with Dracula.
The best rendition of that character I've seen was in Van Helsing.
I also like him in Blade Trinity.
What do you think?
Mother of god!

You never read the original 1897 novel by Bram Stoker? HORRORS!!! You've never seen the Bela Lugosi Universal classic of 1931? You poor, deprived young man!!! Not even that waste of film with Frank Langella and Laurence Olivier?

I feel soooo sorry for you! The original Universal classic may seem hokey by today's standards, but it's still a classic among us rabid movie fans. As for "Blade," I once saw the beginning of the first installment, and then changed the channel. Van Helsing was an abomination before the eyes of the Gods of Film.

Oooh! Oooh, oooh, oooh!! Before I forget---

Best Dracula book was "The Dracula Tape," by Fred Saberhagen (1975; I stumbled across it in a used book store). He not only read Stoker's original, but he studied it thoroughly and found all the mistakes in it and used them to prove that Dracula was actually *innocent,* and not really a bad guy at all; on the flip side, he showed that Van Helsing was the crazy vampire hunter. Lucy didn't die from Dracula's bites; she died from the mismatched blood that Van Helsing transfused into her. Dracula took place in around 1891; Landsteiner didn't discover the four basic blood types [A,B,AB & O] until around 1900,*after* Dracula took place.)

Saberhagen's book is a hoot.

The best *film* version I've seen is Coppola's flick with Gary Oldman and Wynona Ryder, and in spite of Keanu Reeves. I suspect he might have read Saberhagen's book. Monica Belucci played one of the vampire chicks (che bella!!), and later went on to star with Bruce Willis in "Tears Of The Sun."

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661681 Oct 4, 2013
So, you're saying "god's law" does not apply equally to all people.
Isn't that kinda bigoted, biased and unfair? That's some kinda hypocritical god you believe in.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How would that be bigoted?
Is it bigoted that some NY laws only apply to New Yorkers?
"God" wasn't a New Yorker, he was the god of the entire universe. According to myth, he is the one and only god, for *all* people. His laws should therefore apply equally to everyone, si?

This is why I reject the god of christianity, and embrace Nature. All of Nature's laws apply equally to everyone.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661682 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. Christine likes to think that E=MC2 somehow proves that an omnipotent God is inpossible.
It's quite funny, wait til she starts her rant.
?

??

How's *that* work?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661683 Oct 4, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this info of "Mary" as an eyewitness? There was no one else as an eyewitness? Do you really believe this happened? To me, the whole story is incomphrensible. Why is that? I really believe the whole story is meant to be an entertaining fairy tale. Why do you believe it actually happened thousands of years ago? Time changes interpretations. Along those lines, you must truly believe your lord jesus is going to reappear? Let me know.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God created the universe and everything in it. It's no stretch to figure that He could also "impregnate" Mary.
Zeus did it first, when he impregnated Alcmene and she gave birth to Hercules, savior of mankind and champion of his Twelve Labors.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The eyewitness was Mary, why does there need to be more than one?
Then why didn't she write anything about it? And if she did, why was she not included with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John--all of whom were *NOT* eyewitnesses, as is proven by their differing and conflicting accounts?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#661684 Oct 4, 2013
Oh, he's doing a job on us, that's for sure. Just not the one his voters hoped for.
Can *you* tell me why the majority of Americans are opposed to his health care law? Can you tell me why his biggest supporters--the labor unions--now oppose that law?
Can you tell me why Congress and all their aides are exempt from it?
Can you tell me why Big Business got a one-year delay in implementation, but the average working stiff didn't?
We were sold a phony bill of goods.
Obama lied, and the nation cried.
<quoted text>
Yet under this law, some rates have gone up four hundred percent. That isn't "affordable." My boss can't afford it.
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text> Many Americans don't think it goes far enough, which is why they oppose it. Others oppose it because of the rampant misinformation disseminated by the likes of the Koch Brothers which you have fallen for.
Che?

The Koch Brothers cut my hours from 40 per week to 28 because my boss couldn't afford to pay for the obama mandate for full timers?

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text> Some oppose it because just the presence of a black man in the White House is a militant act to them.
So, you're a liberal left-wing racist.

Thanks for clearing *that* up for me, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,688
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 668,054
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 22 min Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,048
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,241
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web