Thoroughbred?*You??*

More like a horse's ass.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#661218 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He whining right now saying he wants his obamacare, even if it shuts down the whole country.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like obama, but you can't blame him for this.
Yes we can. The House had a budget, with the socialized medicine portion cut out; the democrat-led Senate stomped their little feet and shut down the government.

Look, this whole Obamacare thing isn't about helping people; it's about Obama himself. How many people have been cut from full time work to part-time because their employers can't afford the health insurance for them?*I* got *my* hours cut on account of that fiasco. My hours have been cut, my pay has been reduced, and I'm required by federal law to buy something I probably won't be able to afford on my own. Thank you Mr. President.

It's all about Obama's ego. He's our first black president, he's a liberal, and he wants to leave his legacy as a "progressive." He doesn't care about us at all, it's just about him.

“How You Treat Me”

#661219 Oct 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not American however there is a saying,“when America sneezes Britain catches a cold”
Obama was VOTED in as president by the American electorate to do a job (twice). His opposition in Congress, by effectively stating “you are president but we want it our way” are holding the country to ransom that flies in the face of democracy.
This is not only hurting Americans, particularly those who are loosing financially because of this foot stomping tantrum but it could very easily have repercussions that resonate around the world and reduce US credibility even more
Don't blame me; I voted for Romney.

“How You Treat Me”

#661220 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
In the broad sense, yes, it is. But in the narrow sense, it's a valid question, as there are thousands of denominations each with their own idea of who this god character is, and each individual christian has an even more refined, personalized god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
All denominations of Christianity believe in the same god, God.
You don't believe in any god, you believe in the buybull.

“How You Treat Me”

#661221 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the GOP are stomping their feet, they're looking out for us. Over 70% of Americans do not want Obamacare. Do the Democrats care what we want? NO.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If over 70% of Americans did not want it then why is it that he was voted president - twice? Perhaps the technicalities of democracy are a bit different in the US then in the UK but not that different.
I hate to agree with RR, but he's right. The majority of Americans are opposed to Obamacare.*All* of Congress have exempted themselves and their aides from it. The labor unions--Obama's champions--have turned against it. Big Business is exempt from it. So why are the rest of us stuck with it?

We are a two-class society, in direct violation of the Constitution. Thank you for that, Mr. Obama.

“How You Treat Me”

#661222 Oct 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
You are NOT a Christian RR. You have never been one and you will never be one. You do not do what is required to be one. That is why I call you a Christ-insanity-ist. It is people like you who give real Christians a bad name.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a Christian. I have been since I was five years old. I always will be a born-again Christian.
You weren't old enough to make such a decision for yourself. You did what your parents told you to do, or you just wanted to be like them. No *real* thought was involved.

“How You Treat Me”

#661223 Oct 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

There are contradictions because the Bible is NOT the word of any God or even an enlightened being
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Translation: "I can't dispute that, but I'll never admit it."

Your concession is noted.

“How You Treat Me”

#661224 Oct 1, 2013
Brand New Libertarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time someone points out a fact to you, you call it an opinion. Are you really that intellectually weak in your position? You cannot prove your position, you cannot disprove anyone else's, so you just call it their "opinion?"
I've read the bible; and IT IS self-contradictory, I have seen this myself. You don't get to tell me it's just my opinion, it is A FACT.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reverend Alan wrote:
There are contradictions because the Bible is NOT the word of any God"
Please explain to me how that is a fact and not an opinion.
Go.
I read the same buybull, and I came to the same conclusion. So did Thomas Paine, and hundreds of thousands of others.

It is a FACT that the buybull contradicts itself. You don't want to see it, and no one can force you to open your eyes. Nonetheless, it's a fact. Your buybull is NOT the word of any god.

Your buybull *is* your god.

“How You Treat Me”

#661225 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't god supposed to be perfect? Wouldn't his testament to his people therefore be perfect? It is not, ergo...
I can hear your protestations already. "But the word of god was tarnished by man! But the contradictions serve a higher purpose!"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It WAS tarnished by man, namely Constantine and King James.
I'm sorry you can't understand that.
Which Constantine are you talking about? Constantine I? He's the one who commissioned the buybull you are using today. It was the Council of Nicaea, in 325 CE, that compiled your "word of god," and godbots like you have been using it ever since.

Do not thank me for my "opinion;" this is FACT. Deal with it.

“How You Treat Me”

#661226 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Obamacare does not turn healthcare over to the government even a little bit.
Why is the IRS in charge of it?

“How You Treat Me”

#661227 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle myself.
"Awesome" ends in "me".
Coincidence?
I think not.
:p
"Awesome" is a word over-used by people who are easily impressed.

“How You Treat Me”

#661228 Oct 1, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
So which God? God, Jehovah, Jesus, the Trinity, or the Pope?
You said I was asking a Christian, and those are only some of the Christian gods.
So which God is God?
And seriously, with the Jewish "G-d", I mean, damn, what ELSE do you think goes there in that blank space - Ged? Gid? Gad? Gud? Come on, now....
Which G-d is God?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god?
God.
That is not an answer. Why are you afraid of answering?

“How You Treat Me”

#661229 Oct 1, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The clearest example of what you're saying is the Old Testament vs the New Testament.
Which is the real "Word of the Lord?"
Sometimes both these testaments are within the same covers! Of course it's natural to feel conflicted because it is conflicting by its very nature!
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all contradict each other.

“How You Treat Me”

#661230 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I recommend you head over to the "stealing the keys to heaven thread." It's a shitshow of conflicting interpretations. Hilarious. Currently they can't even decide whether or not adam and eve existed, and by extension whether god meant the story as a teaching tool or as a literal description of our first moments.
Which forum is it in?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#661231 Oct 2, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He whining right now saying he wants his obamacare, even if it shuts down the whole country.
<quoted text>
Yes we can. The House had a budget, with the socialized medicine portion cut out; the democrat-led Senate stomped their little feet and shut down the government.
Look, this whole Obamacare thing isn't about helping people; it's about Obama himself. How many people have been cut from full time work to part-time because their employers can't afford the health insurance for them?*I* got *my* hours cut on account of that fiasco. My hours have been cut, my pay has been reduced, and I'm required by federal law to buy something I probably won't be able to afford on my own. Thank you Mr. President.
It's all about Obama's ego. He's our first black president, he's a liberal, and he wants to leave his legacy as a "progressive." He doesn't care about us at all, it's just about him.
You blame obama, and not the healthcare industry that is truly to blame. Your rates are going up because your insurance company is being forced to do their job and insure sick people. Of course, their profits must be protected at all costs, hence the rate hikes for some.

You also have the situation backwards. Obamacare was already passed a long time ago. The house republicans *knew* that a bill that defunded obamacare would not make it through the democratic senate, and even if it somehow did, obama would veto it anyway. So, yes, maybe say that the democrats should be more open to compromise, but the fact is it's the GOP who is attempting to subvert the way things work. You don't defund a key bill that has already passed and then attempt to push it through the opposition controlled senate and then blame the opposition for shutting down the government. That's ludicrous. They had their chance to defeat the bill in the past - now they are essentially holding the government hostage because things didn't go the way they wanted.

Finally, don't take all this to mean I like obama. He's a prick, just like all presidents of recent memory.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#661232 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is the IRS in charge of it?
I'm talking about the actual administration of healthcare - doctors, hospitals, etc. The government will have nothing to do with that, they are just trying to insure more people have access to those services.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#661233 Oct 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You blame obama, and not the healthcare industry that is truly to blame. Your rates are going up because your insurance company is being forced to do their job and insure sick people. Of course, their profits must be protected at all costs, hence the rate hikes for some.
You also have the situation backwards. Obamacare was already passed a long time ago. The house republicans *knew* that a bill that defunded obamacare would not make it through the democratic senate, and even if it somehow did, obama would veto it anyway. So, yes, maybe say that the democrats should be more open to compromise, but the fact is it's the GOP who is attempting to subvert the way things work. You don't defund a key bill that has already passed and then attempt to push it through the opposition controlled senate and then blame the opposition for shutting down the government. That's ludicrous. They had their chance to defeat the bill in the past - now they are essentially holding the government hostage because things didn't go the way they wanted.
Finally, don't take all this to mean I like obama. He's a prick, just like all presidents of recent memory.
There are people that want it, but they are nobody I know, except a few in here. Basically we think it will not only fail, but will
fail miserably. It will collapse the insurance industry, ruin the quality of heath care, drive the cost up and bring us nothing but misery.

http://www.rachelmarsden.com/columns/hillaryh...
Greens - Tuf

Australia

#661234 Oct 2, 2013
Boring!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661241 Oct 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows that god only means the christian god. They came up with it first.
<quoted text>
Why don't you just answer honestly, and say "christian god?" The god of the Crusades, the god of the Inquisition and the Burning Times, the god of Salem. You want to tell us that *your* god is the one and only god; you are wrong. In reality, you don't believe in *any* god; you believe the *buybull,* a mere book written by malicious and power-hungry men. Your *god* is nothing more than paper and ink.
Have you burned any witches lately, or just a few good books?
There's no such thing as witches.

Which god?

God.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661242 Oct 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I recommend you head over to the "stealing the keys to heaven thread." It's a shitshow of conflicting interpretations. Hilarious. Currently they can't even decide whether or not adam and eve existed, and by extension whether god meant the story as a teaching tool or as a literal description of our first moments.
I'll check it out, thanks.

My decoder ring is shinier, so I'll school em good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 913
"Zimbabwean President" asks Barack Obama "Do y... 8 min Funny News 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min andet1987 6,135
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Robert F 596,179
Entering Heaven? 38 min andet1987 3
Poll Why are white women jealous of us latinas (Aug '08) 40 min andet1987 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min PortaBella ITA 612,606
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web