Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of the point.
You can believe, but you can't "know", that Jesus the Christ ever actually existed. The evidence is just too thin.
<quoted text>
According to *our* myth (me an' my fellow neo-pagans), the Goddess and God got together and had some insanely crazy wild-azzed sex, and their combined orgasms resulted in a cosmic explosion that gave birth to all of creation.
To me, that sounds better than some lonely old single dude who said, "Let there be..."
That's a hell of a bang!!!!!:)

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, some of them are already trying by instigating "Armageddon" which in truth is the PLANNED MASS MURDER SUICIDE OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE.
Suicide because our extinction will be by our own hand.
That's a universe-ending paradox right there - the human race fighting itself to death to win some "special place" "in heaven".
Being part of this species is so damn difficult...
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If worldwide sperm counts keep dropping at the rate of 10% every decade, like it has for 50 years...( and there's no reason to believe they won't)...
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120515-are-...
...mankind will be looking at an extinction event of its own anyway, even if everybody turned atheistic long before the last sperm died.
Religion has been around forever....
"Forever?"

Religion hasn't been around nearly as long as mankind has been around. I'm not surprised you don't know that.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> and you're never going to disabuse the various believers of their religion of choice, no matter how much venom you spew.
No one spews like yew.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your vendetta is pointless.
And yours isn't?

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

According to *our* myth (me an' my fellow neo-pagans), the Goddess and God got together and had some insanely crazy wild-azzed sex, and their combined orgasms resulted in a cosmic explosion that gave birth to all of creation.
To me, that sounds better than some lonely old single dude who said, "Let there be..."
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a hell of a bang!!!!!:)
It's kind of embellished and romanticized, but yeah; basically, that's the myth.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I kept it private.
I'm a nice guy.
I was thinking "any human who bring me and my family hell will suffer at least 10 times worse" while listening to Gundam destiny song, coincidentally I heard "it's destiny."
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

in case the world is an evil place. that's what it is.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

look like i talk too much

confusing reality with fiction

just trying to get God's message out
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

eternalrock wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking "any human who bring me and my family hell will suffer at least 10 times worse" while listening to Gundam destiny song, coincidentally I heard "it's destiny."
"...evil human not of my family..." I mean
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

God made that coincident. Not me.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

anyway I am not Jesus who goes out to preach stuff and dies without a fight (except in hopeless case). Probably because of fake teaching of histories in school and in news.

If they want to be Jesus then go ahead.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

forget all that momentary nonsense.

I'm not a bad guy. Harm to humans make me sick.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keats:
O Goddess! hear these tuneless numbers, wrung
By sweet enforcement and remembrance dear,
And pardon that thy secrets should be sung
Even into thine own soft-conched ear:
Surely I dreamt to-day, or did I see
The winged Psyche with awaken'd eyes?
I wander'd in a forest thoughtlessly,
And, on the sudden, fainting with surprise,
Saw two fair creatures, couched side by side
In deepest grass, beneath the whisp'ring roof
Of leaves and trembled blossoms, where there ran
A brooklet, scarce espied:
Mid hush'd, cool-rooted flowers, fragrant-eyed,
and so on....
"Ode to Psyche".

One likes Keats.
Nobody

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible proves that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable. A false conception held by many Christians is that the Bible is without contradictions. Few beliefs are more erroneous.
Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)
Versus
Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)
Another clear contradiction concerns whether or not God repents.
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Versus
Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
Another contradiction worthy of note. It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
WOOOW you and Obama must be tied at the hip,yall are a couple of fart smellers,(smart fellows) just in case you can't understand, because there is a lot of that happening rght here in this forum. OH by the way did you know green is green..???,,...its a color.FYI
Nobody

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, some of them are already trying by instigating "Armageddon" which in truth is the PLANNED MASS MURDER SUICIDE OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE.
Suicide because our extinction will be by our own hand.
That's a universe-ending paradox right there - the human race fighting itself to death to win some "special place" "in heaven".
Being part of this species is so damn difficult...
<quoted text>
"Forever?"
Religion hasn't been around nearly as long as mankind has been around. I'm not surprised you don't know that.
<quoted text>
No one spews like yew.
<quoted text>
And yours isn't?
LOL you make me laugh with all your ...BS
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see you denying the existence of other Messianic claimants...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_... ;
...some of which had no more of a "legal" paper trail than Jesus did.
Your claim of Jesus' nonexistence is just desperate grasping of straws.
how many logical fallacies can you put into one post?

Let's see:

Argumentum ad ignorantiam

Circulus in demonstrando

Complex question

Ditto simpliciter

Non sequitur

Petitio principii

Red herring

Yes, all those others who claimed to be messiahs were full of as much Shiite as you after a Church's Fried Chicken binge. Provide one shred, one iota of extra-Biblical evidence for a historical Jesus other than the surfeit of crackpots who likely shared such a common name.(Pssst, there is no paper trail). Then, provide even a dram of evidence for any supernatural nonsense to support any Christ claims.

Why would anyone have to deny all the claims of every historical messiah when they have zero relevance to our lives today? That might be the most stupid thing I have read in this thread and Wasssuuup posts here. The battle in modern America is against the Jesusbots who won't rest until they have destroyed education, government, and Society. Who cares about the messianic claims of Vespasian? They have zero impact on our culture.

Speaking of Vespasian, isn't that funny. The clown that Christians bandy about as a historian who bolsters the claims of a Christ, Josephus, is the same clown that claims Vespasian was a messiah. Funny how Josephus, a little rich boy thanks to the scam of religion, and a documented mass murderer, was able to convince Vespasian of his messianic tendencies to win his freedom. After all, Emperors were gods, too.

How many more messiahs was Josephus responsible for and why don't you follow all of them? After all, without the "Antiquities of the Jews", and the ridiculous Christian interpolations, there likely would have been some other prevailing religion to come out of the Middle East through Europe 2,000 years ago.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>WOOOW you and Obama must be tied at the hip,yall are a couple of fart smellers,(smart fellows) just in case you can't understand, because there is a lot of that happening rght here in this forum. OH by the way did you know green is green..???,,...its a color.FYI
oh, Texas, you show such promise, but you are filled with such ignorant, racist bastards.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If those bones in that ossuary box in Israel turn out to be him.
We will know two things, one that there was a Jesus.
Can you guess what the other is?
That he's dead.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned bones and you know it. I was pointing out that lack of a governmental paper trail of one's life does not mean they never existed. That's as true for a man who lived long ago as it is for modern day country folk now.
"Modern-day country folk" don't have a paper trail? The largest consumers of government aid have the largest paper trail.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect Sharkey. Alan has NOT been respectful or followed guidelines. You have been respectful towards me however. I do not lump you in with those atheists that are hateful and vile.
You my friend stand head and shoulders above him.
like when you treated Alan hatefully when someone claimed he was a homosexual? Hypocrite.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>We can also believe that the Universe was created from a singularity
but we can never "know" because we were not there when it occurred....
But...we have multiple independent lines of evidence.

BIG difference.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect Sharkey. Alan has NOT been respectful or followed guidelines. You have been respectful towards me however. I do not lump you in with those atheists that are hateful and vile.
You my friend stand head and shoulders above him.
for all you know, your "friend" could be a mass murderer or child molester, or even a pillar of Society, but, to call an anonymous stranger on the Internet your friend and to claim that stand head and shoulders above another based on how much of your Bullshiite they tolerate is quite comical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

421 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Truth 532,395
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Catcher1 172,248
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 12 min End of Church Ages 32,919
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 26 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 37,597
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Holy dr Shrink 599,042
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 4 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••