Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#661110 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reverend Alan wrote:
There are contradictions because the Bible is NOT the word of any God"
Please explain to me how that is a fact and not an opinion.
Go.
Isn't god supposed to be perfect? Wouldn't his testament to his people therefore be perfect? It is not, ergo...

I can hear your protestations already. "But the word of god was tarnished by man! But the contradictions serve a higher purpose!"
LineDazzle

Reading, UK

#661111 Oct 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling St. Paul a liar LD! Good for you.
St. Paul:”it was impossible for God to lie….”(Heb. 6:18).
In the English KJV based translations, Paul was indeed a liar.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#661112 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the hero worship. He was awful. And he was awful for all the reasons you should hate him for. He raised taxes, he grew the government, he engaged in proxy wars (afghanistan), he trafficked weapons (Iran), and he increased the deficit. But he's become a republican hero because... he was a nice speaker? I really have no clue.
When Reagan took office the economy was one of the double-digit inflation and high interest rates. During his first year in office, Reagan engineered the passage of $39 billion in budget cuts into law, as well as a massive 25 percent tax cut spread over three years for individual, and faster write-offs for capital investment for business.

Although inflation dropped from 13.5% in 1980 to 5.1% in 1982, a severe recession set in, with unemployment exceeding 10% in October, 1982 for the first time in forty years. The administration modified its economic policy after two years by proposing selected tax increases and budget cuts to control rising deficits and higher interest rates. After the 1982 downturn, the reduced inflation rate (under 5% for the remainder of the administration) sparked record economic growth, and produced one of the lowest unemployment rates in modern U.S. history (unemployment hit a 14 year low in June of 1988). As Reagan left office, the nation was experiencing its sixth consecutive year of economic prosperity.

Reagan led the battle for a Social Security reform bill designed to ensure the long-term solvency of the system...

Reagan encouraged the development of "private sector initiatives" as well as federalism, with the objective of transferring from the federal government some of the responsibilities believed to be better served by private business or state and local government.

At the heart of Reagan's foreign policy was the prevention of communist expansion.

When Ronald Reagan became president, he had a clear vision of what the nation should be and spelled out the direction he hoped it would take during his administration. Reagan had a clear social, economic, and foreign policy agenda, and with political guile and personal persuasiveness he was able to achieve many of his goals.

Location hidden

#661113 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who are these 70% you speak of? Let's chat with them.
There's no rightful reason our government should force us to purchase medical insurance or risk paying a penalty for it. THAT'S what the GOP is fighting against.
There is a reason I linked you to a poll. If you're allowed to throw out stats, so am I.

No, to GOP is fighting against a dip in profits for the insurance companies. They are not fighting for some grand notion of freedom. Or are you that naive? Certainly the democrats are not offering this plan purely out of the goodness of their hearts, and the GOP is not fighting it out of theirs.

Location hidden

#661114 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
After you've had 10 conversations with 10 Christians about God, and have documented those conversations, get back to me. I might believe you then. Until then, you're only speculating.
I've had many conversations with many christians about god, both in person and on here. If I was dedicated enough, I could go probably go back and find ten instances where *you* personally describe god in ten different ways, and I could certainly do it for ten different christians. Alas, I do not care enough. It is obvious for all to see that you guys can't even agree on the basics let alone the nitty gritty.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661115 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember when obamacare (more specifically the individual mandate) was a plan proposed by the heritage foundation? Neither does anyone in the GOP, because to admit its origins would be to admit the truth: that you only oppose it because the other side is doing it.
Wrong again, Timmy.

Obamacare will require people to buy health insurance or face a fine.

The IRS has hired 16,000 new people to enforce that mandate.

Obamacare will do nothing to reduce the price of health care, it is actually going up. My own personal insurance is going up 30% a year.

It raises the cost to pay for the requirement that all children can be on their parent's policy until age 26 and the health insurance cannot deny you if you have a pre-existing condition. Those may sound good, but it WILL cost us taxpayers more money - money we don't have.

There is no requirement to eliminate some of the huge costs for medical care.

Obamacare has nothing for insurance providers to compete across state lines to be able to reduce costs. Nothing.

500 billion dollars will be taken out of medicare to help pay for Obamacare. 500 BILLION.

Strangly enough, Obamacare is allowing many unions to opt out.

So no, it's not just because Democrats like it, it's because it's not a good thing for America.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661116 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Legalized theft.
Ya really.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661117 Oct 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
What insurance would you need as a child, imbecile?
O__O

Children don't get insurance?

WTF is wrong with you, man? Are you OK?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#661118 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember when obamacare (more specifically the individual mandate) was a plan proposed by the heritage foundation? Neither does anyone in the GOP, because to admit its origins would be to admit the truth: that you only oppose it because the other side is doing it.

No we oppose it for several reasons. For the first reason it is an infringement on freedom, you are now required to make a purchase. Since when was it stipulated freedom requires you to buy something?
Second of all the government has failed at every attempt to regulate something.

Obamacare is no different, it will fail.
About everyone I know will opt out, and millions upon millions will opt out and pay a fine. Then when they get sick they will get a policy, they cant refuse you. The insurance companies will collapse. Just like any ponzi scheme it's doomed. The only winner will be the government who will inject the fines into it.
But it will be far far less than needed to fix their raping of the SS fund and spending sprees that has us 17 trillion dollars in debt.

The inevitable outcome to this plan is , all of the US will be like Detroit.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661119 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't god supposed to be perfect? Wouldn't his testament to his people therefore be perfect? It is not, ergo...
I can hear your protestations already. "But the word of god was tarnished by man! But the contradictions serve a higher purpose!"
It WAS tarnished by man, namely Constantine and King James.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661120 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I've had many conversations with many christians about god, both in person and on here. If I was dedicated enough, I could go probably go back and find ten instances where *you* personally describe god in ten different ways, and I could certainly do it for ten different christians. Alas, I do not care enough. It is obvious for all to see that you guys can't even agree on the basics let alone the nitty gritty.
No, you cannot find where I have described God in ten different ways. Cannot.

Try again, buckwheat.
LineDazzle

Reading, UK

#661121 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
After you've had 10 conversations with 10 Christians about God, and have documented those conversations, get back to me. I might believe you then. Until then, you're only speculating.
You are so young and very naïve.

When you get older, you yourself will learn there are many different types of people, beliefs, and opinions, among many different sorts of people.

Me and Tim already know this, you have yet to learn a lot son.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661122 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:

No we oppose it for several reasons. For the first reason it is an infringement on freedom, you are now required to make a purchase. Since when was it stipulated freedom requires you to buy something?
Second of all the government has failed at every attempt to regulate something.
Obamacare is no different, it will fail.
About everyone I know will opt out, and millions upon millions will opt out and pay a fine. Then when they get sick they will get a policy, they cant refuse you. The insurance companies will collapse. Just like any ponzi scheme it's doomed. The only winner will be the government who will inject the fines into it.
But it will be far far less than needed to fix their raping of the SS fund and spending sprees that has us 17 trillion dollars in debt.
The inevitable outcome to this plan is , all of the US will be like Detroit.
Ever been to a government controlled business?

We all have.

Look how crazy they run the DMV, for example. That's what hospitals would turn in to if we let the gub'ment run them.

Ever try to get a building permit from the city? An inspection? OMG it's ridiculous. Hell, just trying to get the Humane Society on the phone is a friggin nightmare....

Location hidden

#661123 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When Reagan took office the economy was one of the double-digit inflation and high interest rates. During his first year in office, Reagan engineered the passage of $39 billion in budget cuts into law, as well as a massive 25 percent tax cut spread over three years for individual, and faster write-offs for capital investment for business.
Although inflation dropped from 13.5% in 1980 to 5.1% in 1982, a severe recession set in, with unemployment exceeding 10% in October, 1982 for the first time in forty years. The administration modified its economic policy after two years by proposing selected tax increases and budget cuts to control rising deficits and higher interest rates. After the 1982 downturn, the reduced inflation rate (under 5% for the remainder of the administration) sparked record economic growth, and produced one of the lowest unemployment rates in modern U.S. history (unemployment hit a 14 year low in June of 1988). As Reagan left office, the nation was experiencing its sixth consecutive year of economic prosperity.
Reagan led the battle for a Social Security reform bill designed to ensure the long-term solvency of the system...
Reagan encouraged the development of "private sector initiatives" as well as federalism, with the objective of transferring from the federal government some of the responsibilities believed to be better served by private business or state and local government.
At the heart of Reagan's foreign policy was the prevention of communist expansion.
When Ronald Reagan became president, he had a clear vision of what the nation should be and spelled out the direction he hoped it would take during his administration. Reagan had a clear social, economic, and foreign policy agenda, and with political guile and personal persuasiveness he was able to achieve many of his goals.
So you just copy/pasted from a UTexas site? You didn't contradict anything I said. He did enact tax cuts at first, but as your own CP says, this messed up the economy and he was forced to raise taxes again and again. This is at odds with the republican myth that tax cuts = prosperity, as the economy under reagan only recovered after he raised taxes.

Note - I wasn't necessarily saying that his economic policies were bad (though they were), just that they were fundamentally at odds with the modern republican platform, which is one of the reasons why I don't understand the hero worship. When the going got tough, he didn't advise americans to wait for the wealth to trickle down, he sensibly raised taxes.

This is ignoring all of the other stuff I mentioned. His economic policies were the least of his sins, though they remain probably the most obvious contradiction of modern day GOP policy. He helped to terrorize south america, he trafficked arms to iran, he engaged in a proxy with with the USSR via afghanistan (that turned out well, didn't it?), etc..
LineDazzle

Reading, UK

#661124 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O__O
Children don't get insurance?
WTF is wrong with you, man? Are you OK?
They only get insured for, they don't have insurance themselves.

Come on now, Boy, I am already aware that you didn't know this, don't go lying and saying "I KNOW" just like many kids do, pretending that they did know! Lol!
LineDazzle

Reading, UK

#661125 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It WAS tarnished by man, namely Constantine and King James.
I'm sorry you can't understand that.
Lol, I said It was tarnished by King James, but never by Constantine, Rofl, you are a funny little kid!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661126 Oct 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
They only get insured for, they don't have insurance themselves.
Come on now, Boy, I am already aware that you didn't know this, don't go lying and saying "I KNOW" just like many kids do, pretending that they did know! Lol!
I have insurance myself, son.

And for my two teenage sons, son.

You don't have a point.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661127 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you just copy/pasted from a UTexas site? You didn't contradict anything I said. He did enact tax cuts at first, but as your own CP says, this messed up the economy and he was forced to raise taxes again and again. This is at odds with the republican myth that tax cuts = prosperity, as the economy under reagan only recovered after he raised taxes.
Note - I wasn't necessarily saying that his economic policies were bad (though they were), just that they were fundamentally at odds with the modern republican platform, which is one of the reasons why I don't understand the hero worship. When the going got tough, he didn't advise americans to wait for the wealth to trickle down, he sensibly raised taxes.
This is ignoring all of the other stuff I mentioned. His economic policies were the least of his sins, though they remain probably the most obvious contradiction of modern day GOP policy. He helped to terrorize south america, he trafficked arms to iran, he engaged in a proxy with with the USSR via afghanistan (that turned out well, didn't it?), etc..
Then we are at an impasse.

You can go on for hours about how terrible Reagan was and I can go on for hours how wonderful he was.

That leaves us nowhere.

Again.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#661128 Oct 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I said It was tarnished by King James, but never by Constantine, Rofl, you are a funny little kid!
I've been saying that the Bible has been mistranslated by Constantine and King James (amonst many, many others) for over 20 years.

You have nothing to do with it, you can't even quote a Bible verse correctly.
LineDazzle

Reading, UK

#661129 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have insurance myself, son.
And for my two teenage sons, son.
You don't have a point.
SONNYBOY! YOU DONT HAVE INSURANCE WHATSOEVER BOY!

NOW SHUT YOUR SQUEAKY VOICE UP NOW BOY!
Be quiet BOY, you know nothing BOY, eh BOY?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 min Johnny 118
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Big Al 699,407
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min rippygirl423 447,403
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Chilli J 71,607
REAL reason Pelican's Davis appeared in "Barber... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 5 hr quilterqueen 1,838
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 14