Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#660555 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do you chauffeur? My current one is slow.
I could surely navigate us down the highway.

But why the need for speed?
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#660556 Sep 26, 2013
Right there:
Sanji to a girl: Swaan!

"God is the entire human race" is what I am saying

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#660557 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
. Nothing in the bible can be disproved by science.
The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

Location hidden

#660558 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
So saying there is no God is sorta the same thing as saying there is one.
Saying you are a Christian is the same thing as saying you are a stark raving mad lunatic.

Location hidden

#660559 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
The bible proves ...
The Bible proves that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable. A false conception held by many Christians is that the Bible is without contradictions. Few beliefs are more erroneous.

Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

Another clear contradiction concerns whether or not God repents.

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

Another contradiction worthy of note. It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Location hidden

#660560 Sep 26, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have NO proof of gods existence either,
fyi
bible is a load of nonsense
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
If he had any proof he would have presented it. No proof = no God.

Location hidden

#660561 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you not being a bigot and ask me personally what i believe and try having a respectful conversation?
That highlights the problem, each of you pew warmers claim to believe in the same God, the same Jesus and the same Bible, yet it is virtually impossible to find any two of you who believe the same exact things.

I have tried to have a respectful conversation with you before and you shit on it.

You do not play fair.

You refuse to acknowledge the biblical problems that disqualify the Bible as the word of God and that is extremely disrespectful.

If you want to have a grown up conversation with me you have to start acting like a grown up and deal with questions instead of attacking the messenger.

I doubt you can do it.

Location hidden

#660562 Sep 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text> What is very sad,....
What is very sad is that Momo raped a 12 year old virgin just like God raped the Virgin Mary when she was just 12 years old. All you religious nuts are child molesters at heart.

Location hidden

#660563 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
<quoted text>
yes that may be true to you. But the bible DOES answer many of the questions scientists cannot. Why are we here on earth?
What is our purpose?
Do please tell us what our purpose is. And support your assertion with chapter and verse.

Location hidden

#660564 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
<quoted text>
I say its better to live believe in something better after death then to be unsure. Plus I'm a witness that praying to God really does have results. EVERYTHING that I have asked God for has come to pass :) So I know he exists not from observation but from experience
You can say what ever and it does not make it true. It just proves you are a moron.

If praying to God really does have results please visit your local hospital and pray everyone to vibrant health.

What you call experience normal people call delusional thinking.

Location hidden

#660565 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're making lots of assumptions Alan.
When did I say "I hope Jesus didn't say to kill his enemies.."?
I specifically said that he DID NOT say it. I was very specific.
When did I say that "I do not even know if Jesus existed?"
I have always specifically claimed that he did.
Now pay attention Alan........
you asked if there is a reason that you should trust me to tell you about Jesus....
Here's the Answer....Ready?.... paying attention?.....concentrate.... focus.....(Al makes eye contact with Alan)
"Sure...!"
there you have it.....
no apologetics. Just a clear and concise answer.
Did you get that....?
What I get is that you want to play games instead of dealing with the problem at hand. That is all you have left isn't it. Making up problems to deal with so you don't have to deal with the one that exists. You are as bad as the RiversidePrick.

Location hidden

#660566 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the good news Alan is that God does reveal himself continuously to all who care to take notice, listen and learn.
If he doesn't reveal himself to you, then it's probably because you don't care to take notice or you aren't ready to listen or learn Alan.
Blah blah blah. The little green men who live on the Holy Planet Purgatory where I was born say you are wrong, and they have never been wrong about anything in the entire history of the Universe.

Location hidden

#660567 Sep 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liked Paine's "Age of Reason," you'll equally love "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold," by Acharya S. It's a fascinating read, where she shows all the Pagan origins of the christ myth.
Acharya used to participate in my MSM Group "Christian Biblical Errancy Debate". She puts out a fantastic video with the most wonderful graphics on the same subject as well.

Not sure she shows them "all", but she includes more than anyone else ever has.

Christians see things like this and something magical happens in their little micro sized pea brains where they can not include it and they continue on as if the information didn't exist. Al Garcia just proved to me that he can't acknowledge anything that brings into question what his mamma told him.

Location hidden

#660568 Sep 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
*OO*-RAH. I'll bet he has no problem with those phony faith healers, either, who make their living out of preying on the gullible.
He has no problem with any crime committed in the name of God. And then he wants some respect. Amazing.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#660569 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If those bones in that ossuary box in Israel turn out to be him.
We will know two things, one that there was a Jesus.
Can you guess what the other is?
Maybe you would like to claim that lack of birth or death certificate is proof of someone's never having existed?

http://www.thenation.com/article/176256/ameri...

Really? How lame. Maybe you should ask yourself why you only apply that "law" to one historical individual out of all the people who have ever lived on this earth.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660570 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get is that you want to play games instead of dealing with the problem at hand. That is all you have left isn't it. Making up problems to deal with so you don't have to deal with the one that exists. You are as bad as the Riverside Prick.
What you get????
nah.... you don't get it...

You just sound like and angry, spiteful and hateful whiner.
I've yet to see a kind word from you.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#660571 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you would like to claim that lack of birth or death certificate is proof of someone's never having existed?
http://www.thenation.com/article/176256/ameri...
Really? How lame. Maybe you should ask yourself why you only apply that "law" to one historical individual out of all the people who have ever lived on this earth.
Actually I was saying physical evidence is just as good.
But exactly what does baby killing have to do with whether those bones belong to Jesus or not?

What are you saying, about those bones? We find lots of bones, we found more bones than ya dog found..lol

Seriously could we identify the bones of any man?
It's all that remains sometimes.

Location hidden

#660572 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What you get????
nah.... you don't get it...
You just sound like and angry, spiteful and hateful whiner.
I've yet to see a kind word from you.
Can the Bible be trusted?

Location hidden

#660573 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Kaitlyn just loves seeing the accusation in print. It's a symptom of his/her illness.
You don't think it is mental illness to claim there is a God and then not admit that you have no evidence to prove it, other than "My mommy told me."

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660574 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>

.... Al Garcia just proved to me that he can't acknowledge anything that brings into question what his mamma told him.
Sure....Of course I did........

But then again.... simple minded people such as yourself always are easy to convince....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Nohweh 55,868
"Simple SEO Rank Checker" Review (Jul '15) 6 min jpacelt 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min kent 649,752
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Pegasus 281,471
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 53 min ImFree2Choose 2,285
How could ANYONE have SEX with a MAN ! 1 hr Homophobe 1
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 4 hr HE LIVES 70,224
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr Noname 69
More from around the web