Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#660567 Sep 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liked Paine's "Age of Reason," you'll equally love "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold," by Acharya S. It's a fascinating read, where she shows all the Pagan origins of the christ myth.
Acharya used to participate in my MSM Group "Christian Biblical Errancy Debate". She puts out a fantastic video with the most wonderful graphics on the same subject as well.

Not sure she shows them "all", but she includes more than anyone else ever has.

Christians see things like this and something magical happens in their little micro sized pea brains where they can not include it and they continue on as if the information didn't exist. Al Garcia just proved to me that he can't acknowledge anything that brings into question what his mamma told him.

Location hidden

#660568 Sep 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
*OO*-RAH. I'll bet he has no problem with those phony faith healers, either, who make their living out of preying on the gullible.
He has no problem with any crime committed in the name of God. And then he wants some respect. Amazing.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#660569 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If those bones in that ossuary box in Israel turn out to be him.
We will know two things, one that there was a Jesus.
Can you guess what the other is?
Maybe you would like to claim that lack of birth or death certificate is proof of someone's never having existed?

http://www.thenation.com/article/176256/ameri...

Really? How lame. Maybe you should ask yourself why you only apply that "law" to one historical individual out of all the people who have ever lived on this earth.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660570 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get is that you want to play games instead of dealing with the problem at hand. That is all you have left isn't it. Making up problems to deal with so you don't have to deal with the one that exists. You are as bad as the Riverside Prick.
What you get????
nah.... you don't get it...

You just sound like and angry, spiteful and hateful whiner.
I've yet to see a kind word from you.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#660571 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you would like to claim that lack of birth or death certificate is proof of someone's never having existed?
Really? How lame. Maybe you should ask yourself why you only apply that "law" to one historical individual out of all the people who have ever lived on this earth.
Actually I was saying physical evidence is just as good.
But exactly what does baby killing have to do with whether those bones belong to Jesus or not?

What are you saying, about those bones? We find lots of bones, we found more bones than ya dog found..lol

Seriously could we identify the bones of any man?
It's all that remains sometimes.

Location hidden

#660572 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What you get????
nah.... you don't get it...
You just sound like and angry, spiteful and hateful whiner.
I've yet to see a kind word from you.
Can the Bible be trusted?

Location hidden

#660573 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Kaitlyn just loves seeing the accusation in print. It's a symptom of his/her illness.
You don't think it is mental illness to claim there is a God and then not admit that you have no evidence to prove it, other than "My mommy told me."

#660574 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>

.... Al Garcia just proved to me that he can't acknowledge anything that brings into question what his mamma told him.
Sure....Of course I did........

But then again.... simple minded people such as yourself always are easy to convince....

#660575 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can the Bible be trusted?
So if something can't be trusted it's ok to be rude. Is that how you justify your childish behavior and name calling?
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660576 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharkey..... In my opinion, following Jesus and being religious are two totally different things. Religion itself can be tricky. It can be sticky and it can be dangerous. That I will not argue with you about. Jesus came against the Pharisees often. Not because they were the symbol of religion, but because they were the symbol of bad religion–a religion consumed with works and self-righteousness and not grace, love and humility, Just as I personally see many of the church today.
I strongly believe in what Christ was trying to teach us, to care for one another, for the poor, those with no hope and to do it with all our hearts and all our souls and all our minds just as we love God. Not to be some member of a club or a spiritualized 501c3 not-for-profit, self-centered corporation, organized for the benefit of donor tax exemption.
Sharkey..... nothing in my belief could cause you to see that I or any one that I support would want to cause the end of humanity.
Just your HAVING that belief IS what puts you AT ODDS with others, Al, even other Christians who believe "god" isn't as forgiving as this Jesus character and who would judge you as being a "weak, sometimey Christian".

And what about what Buddha taught? What Gandhi taught? What Shinto and Confucious and Ra taught, and why does this "Christ" get to push them all out and claim center stage and say, rather egotistically, "MY teaching is the BEST and ONLY and RIGHT one"? Isn't that just adding to the selfish, ego-building of man?

No matter how good your intentions are, Al, just understand this: Being at odds with people over belief is what will put an end to our species if we don't change our focus of being in competition with each other for Who Can Own The Whole World.

When two people kill each other, they're both dead. 0-0=0. This is what fighting each other over belief can do: cancel out everyone in the fight on both sides.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660577 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So if something can't be trusted it's ok to be rude. Is that how you justify your childish behavior and name calling?
Perhaps he is giving back what religionists have given him.

Maybe he's sick and tired of "Sunday morning only" Christians. Maybe he's sick of being told he'll go to hell for not believing what they believe. Maybe he got sick of being molested by a preacher. Maybe he got sick of phony people at a podium telling him bullsh!t stories and making up lies while professing to represent their "god". Maybe he's sick of huge fancy cathedrals and Cadillac and Mercedes-driving pastors getting rich off their vulnerable flock while using the bible to manipulate them into giving away their life savings.

Religionists shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660578 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure....Of course I did........
But then again.... simple minded people such as yourself always are easy to convince....
I can see your "what Jesus taught" cloak slipping off with your name-calling.

Shame, Al.

SMH.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660579 Sep 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That highlights the problem, each of you pew warmers claim to believe in the same God, the same Jesus and the same Bible, yet it is virtually impossible to find any two of you who believe the same exact things.
I have tried to have a respectful conversation with you before and you shit on it.
You do not play fair.
You refuse to acknowledge the biblical problems that disqualify the Bible as the word of God and that is extremely disrespectful.
If you want to have a grown up conversation with me you have to start acting like a grown up and deal with questions instead of attacking the messenger.
I doubt you can do it.
No, they can't. And it is true that no two Christian beliefs are the same, even within the same church. You can see that when the religionists start attacking each other's beliefs.

BELIEF is the key here - that's why this problem remains unsolved, because when people start canceling out each other's beliefs, 0-0-0-0-0-0-0 results and will equal 0 - there will be nothing left to fight over or believe in.

Perhaps this is the stage we humans need to reach as a species - no beliefs to hold us in a box, no beliefs to defend - leading to a lot fewer battles in the world.

Nonbelief may lead to peace. If nobody believed anything, there would be nothing to fight over...

unless the homo sapien somehow has a sick appetite for fighting itself to death over gossip and lies and bullsh!t...
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660580 Sep 26, 2013
eternalrock wrote:
Right there:
Sanji to a girl: Swaan!
"God is the entire human race" is what I am saying
It can't be - with all the conflicts "god" appears to be confused and suicidal.

Armageddon (the Planned Mass Murder Suicide of the Homo sapiens Species) is not the solution.

#660581 Sep 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>I can see your "what Jesus taught" cloak slipping off with your name-calling.
Shame, Al.
SMH.
So its ok for him to play dirty, name call and berate others but its not ok for me to do it?
Am I held to a higher moral standard than he is by you? Because if I am Sharkey, please let me know and I'll stop.

I've heard some atheists post on here that Christianity is not a moral system and that any Christian is not held to a higher standard. With that being said, should thst now free me to stoop to the low childish and hateful name calling that he does and berate people?

After all Sharkey, there's no guidelines for atheists and that now would put me at the same level as him. I should now be free to verbally kick his ass right? Call him names? Attack his character, make fun of his mommy.

What say you Sharkey? Where do I stand in your eyes?
berserker

Lodi, CA

#660582 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I often get the words (i only follow christ) whenever i bring something up that is uncomfortable close to destroying their delusion. I bring up many things with proof to back it up. Some of it is not proof but put together it is clearly a misinterpretation of what they thought of as a (gog) or his angels when clearly it was aliens!

Just look what the evil hierarchy of early catholic churches did to the gnostics, the first followers of christ. they butchered them when ever they found them! They could not have any one thinking that you did not need presists to go to when you wanted to talk to God!.

You can plainly see how weak these ones are when quickly they fall back on comments like (its all a distraction by satan) Or...I try to keep my eyes on Christ!) I do think there is a god but certainly NOT the Christian one. More like a universal mind..just my speculation here!
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660583 Sep 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes. I'm convinced that one of these days one of these idiots is going to cause a universe ending paradox.
Unfortunately, some of them are already trying by instigating "Armageddon" which in truth is the PLANNED MASS MURDER SUICIDE OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE.

Suicide because our extinction will be by our own hand.

That's a universe-ending paradox right there - the human race fighting itself to death to win some "special place" "in heaven".

Being part of this species is so damn difficult...
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#660584 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So its ok for him to play dirty, name call and berate others but its not ok for me to do it?
Am I held to a higher moral standard than he is by you? Because if I am Sharkey, please let me know and I'll stop.
I've heard some atheists post on here that Christianity is not a moral system and that any Christian is not held to a higher standard. With that being said, should thst now free me to stoop to the low childish and hateful name calling that he does and berate people?
After all Sharkey, there's no guidelines for atheists and that now would put me at the same level as him. I should now be free to verbally kick his ass right? Call him names? Attack his character, make fun of his mommy.
What say you Sharkey? Where do I stand in your eyes?
I say your "what jesus taught" cloak has slipped completely off as now you're committing the sin of lying.

You already have attacked his character by calling him "simple-minded", so you look like just another phony hypocrite.

Atheists DO have guidelines - it's called simply being a good person and treating others well so they can treat you well and respect for others and their property and space.

Simple as that.

No need for fancy long books or big buildings or leaders saying contradictory things - it's simply BEING GOOD.

What's so hard about just deciding to be a good person all by your own accord without having to wear some badge or "because god said you had to"?

Maybe that's the trouble - it's too simple.

You know how humans like to make things complicated to create drama and war...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#660585 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you would like to claim that lack of birth or death certificate is proof of someone's never having existed?
Because other historical figures have actual evidence?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#660587 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>and then there's others who refuse to believe/trust in God but instead are at the mercy of chance and greedy, selfish human nature.

did you get your flu shot yet?
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get one, right?
And you don't go to the doctor, right?
Let's hope not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Say no to stupid 87,865
The Future of Politics in America 28 min It aint necessari... 173
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 42 min Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 1 hr Enough is enough 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,467
More from around the web