Prove there's a god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#660544 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, heck! There's nothing I find hotter than a guy beating himself bloody.
xD
*hands you a billy club*

You probably know someone who can use this.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#660545 Sep 26, 2013
God didnt tell me anything is a sin

Albuquerque, NM

#660546 Sep 26, 2013
Naeemi wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you one story :
There was a barber shop where different people gathered to have their hair cut. The barber was a staunch atheist who absolutely had no belief in God and religion. While doing hair cut he preached and argued with his customers.
One day, he was arguing with his customer about the existing of God, about the needy and suffering people. After the hair cut was over, the customer was about to go out and peeped outside the shop. He found a dirty man with too much grown dirty and untidy hair and long beard. The customer exclaimed and said : "well it seems there is no barber in this town !!" The barber objected to his words and said, there are very much barbers, me too a barber you see. The customer pointing out at the dirty man on the road said, "then why this man does have a untidy long hair' not well groomed like us.? The barber said, "it is a matter of common sense, he should go to the barber to get his hair groomed and tidy, like you came to me. "
Then customer replied, "Exactly, my dear, you, in search of God, should go to the God, not the other way round. God would not come before each and every person to introduce Himself, because God does not need you, rather, you need God. As a barber, you cannot go the man to do a hair cut, and you charge if he comes. How do you expect God to market Himself, for what benefit ?
Think over it, all my dear atheists.
Cutting Smiles ...
Why don't you beleive all of what Jesus taught?

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

Why do you accept the writings of only less than six of the original Apostles?

Why do you accept 3rd generation disicples ("Paul" and "Luke") over what Jesus taught through the original Apostles?

Albuquerque, NM

#660547 Sep 26, 2013
Oh yeah, Naeemi - think on those for a few before you jump write into them and answer to quickly.

Here is one more for you - Why do you call Jesus "God", when in fact, he never called himself such?

In other words, why do you beleive men over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#660548 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If those bones in that ossuary box in Israel turn out to be him.
We will know two things, one that there was a Jesus.
Can you guess what the other is?
OOOO-OOOO-OOOO!! I know Mr. Kott-er......

That he didn't rise from the dead in bodily form, like the original Mark didn't include.

Why do so-called "Christians" think that adding those verse at a later date, changed the original story?

A: Because they need men to tell them how to believe, and men couldn't do this, unless they had the backing and support of "Mark" - so they changed it to meet their theological choices.

WHA-LA!! Instant "saviour"!

But will they admit this fact is true? Uh-uh - it destroys their belief and they can't have that, because they arer afraid.

Afraid of what?
- that their belief is a lie?
- ridicule from their co-patriots?
- that they still can't believe in Jesus or "God"?
- knocks down their self-righteousness to being humble, as they should already be?
- have to change their religious beliefs?
+ Considering the texts have been changed over teh last 1800+ years, how does this matter?

It doesn't.

This is Self.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#660549 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
who is the "we" you presume to speak for - you and that ugly little pug?
"We" is a ploy they use to insinuate ownership/dominion of Topix.

"We" think it's funny, since it's clearly a sign of inferiority/superiority complexes. ;)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660550 Sep 26, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
6 million sounds huge,thats why its used,correct or not is irelevant imo,There were 10 million russians killed in war and you dont hear them whinning about it, do you?
6 has something to w salesmanship,thats why youll never see a price of 6 on a product,,,its always 5,99 or some such number as that seems small...lol
as far as bible goes
its all absurd and idiotic www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."

Location hidden

#660551 Sep 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am.
And more.
Do you chauffeur? My current one is slow.

Location hidden

#660552 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
girl, you may have been too long removed from how a man deals with a woman, but these things weren't hate, but playful fun....:(
Kaitlyn just loves seeing the accusation in print. It's a symptom of his/her illness.

Location hidden

#660553 Sep 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you just know that THAT reference just went "whoosh".
Like I wasn't a fan of Greek mythology as a kid? I read the entire children's section of the library by the time I was 8. I still enjoy the artwork that accompanied those stories.

FU gimpwad.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#660554 Sep 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."
It really was 10,000,000 Jews the Germans keeled, and 4 million of them was named Jesus.

scary

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#660555 Sep 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do you chauffeur? My current one is slow.
I could surely navigate us down the highway.

But why the need for speed?
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#660556 Sep 26, 2013
Right there:
Sanji to a girl: Swaan!

"God is the entire human race" is what I am saying

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#660557 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
. Nothing in the bible can be disproved by science.
The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

Location hidden

#660558 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
So saying there is no God is sorta the same thing as saying there is one.
Saying you are a Christian is the same thing as saying you are a stark raving mad lunatic.

Location hidden

#660559 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
The bible proves ...
The Bible proves that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable. A false conception held by many Christians is that the Bible is without contradictions. Few beliefs are more erroneous.

Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

Another clear contradiction concerns whether or not God repents.

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

Another contradiction worthy of note. It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Location hidden

#660560 Sep 26, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have NO proof of gods existence either,
fyi
bible is a load of nonsense
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
If he had any proof he would have presented it. No proof = no God.

Location hidden

#660561 Sep 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you not being a bigot and ask me personally what i believe and try having a respectful conversation?
That highlights the problem, each of you pew warmers claim to believe in the same God, the same Jesus and the same Bible, yet it is virtually impossible to find any two of you who believe the same exact things.

I have tried to have a respectful conversation with you before and you shit on it.

You do not play fair.

You refuse to acknowledge the biblical problems that disqualify the Bible as the word of God and that is extremely disrespectful.

If you want to have a grown up conversation with me you have to start acting like a grown up and deal with questions instead of attacking the messenger.

I doubt you can do it.

Location hidden

#660562 Sep 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text> What is very sad,....
What is very sad is that Momo raped a 12 year old virgin just like God raped the Virgin Mary when she was just 12 years old. All you religious nuts are child molesters at heart.

Location hidden

#660563 Sep 26, 2013
sanctified wrote:
<quoted text>
yes that may be true to you. But the bible DOES answer many of the questions scientists cannot. Why are we here on earth?
What is our purpose?
Do please tell us what our purpose is. And support your assertion with chapter and verse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 104,738
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min True Christian-Jew 673,336
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min FireyFellow44 445,815
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 39 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min Holy child Jehova... 46,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 619,350
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 3 hr andet1987 10
More from around the web