Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#660361 Sep 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what would be your answer then to the delay of the writing down of the Gospels?
Yep, the Jews are big fans of oral history.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/holocaustsurv...

They have history "with" expunging other's personal data and with "being" erased themselves by fellow Jews. You just can't trust anybody when they hate your message enough to try and erase that it OR you ever existed.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#660362 Sep 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to remember that Jesus died around 30. For 40 years, there's no written gospel of his life, until after the revolt. During that time, we have very little in the way of written records within Christianity. Our first writer in the New Testament is Paul, and his first letter is dated around 50 to 52, still a good 20 years after Jesus, himself. But it appears that in between the death of Jesus and the writing of the first gospel, Mark, that they clearly relying on oral tradition. They're passing on the tradition of what happened to Jesus, what he stood for and what he did, orally, by telling it and retelling it.
Eventually, notes are written, gathered and compared to the oral tradition and then eventually combined into what we read today.
Yup, it took them awhile.
The Jewish priests wanted Jesus dead for trying to interfere in their temple profits and it was only reasonable that they would try to keep anything from being written about him that would support his Messianic claim.

They have done this with others that they consider as Pretenders to the Messianic Throne...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Messiah_c... ;

...excusing the censorship as rightful embarrassment over delusional zealots.

Strange how they describe a messiah in their religious tomes but aren't terribly keen on accepting anybody as the "one".

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#660363 Sep 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Rational Skeptic, I do not "believe" anything, and I certainly do not "BELIEVE IN THE HOLOCAUST."
You mean --- "do I think it happened"
I see that (especially) at times of war nations exaggerate the deeds and dangers of the opponent. During the time of the recent conflict in Bosnia, I listened to the broadcasts from my country. I compared the reports during the conflict to those reports after the conflict. In short, I found that the reporting during the conflict was exaggerated at a rate of approx 10 to 1.
If this is a yard stick then "I" would expect the Jewish deaths during the holocaust to be in the order of 600,000. I would also think that the level of atocracy need be adjusted by that same 10:1.
I am not trained in history (or politics) you should ask a professional
Well at least you are consistent. There are many other atheists here who pride themselves stating they are skeptical about belief and faith and religion and religious brainwashing. But talk about the holocaust, they are rabidly fundie and believe in even the most absurd of holocaust myths with no evidence at all.

You think religious indoctrination is bad. Have a look at the holocaust brainwashing done at public schools, then you'll see true childhood indoctrination. Religion is out of politics in the west, yet atheists are still dreading and fearing the possibility of its return. Yet many don't see anything wrong with the fact that stating disbelief in the absurd myths related to the holocaust is punishable by imprisonment for year. So much for free speech.

One can believe or disbelieve anything one wants in the west, but the one thing that everyone MUST believe under threat of criminalisation, is the Holocaust. And the more absurd things one believes in the holocaust, the more they are to be admired and hero-worshipped.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#660364 Sep 25, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you are consistent. There are many other atheists here who pride themselves stating they are skeptical about belief and faith and religion and religious brainwashing. But talk about the holocaust, they are rabidly fundie and believe in even the most absurd of holocaust myths with no evidence at all.
You think religious indoctrination is bad. Have a look at the holocaust brainwashing done at public schools, then you'll see true childhood indoctrination. Religion is out of politics in the west, yet atheists are still dreading and fearing the possibility of its return. Yet many don't see anything wrong with the fact that stating disbelief in the absurd myths related to the holocaust is punishable by imprisonment for year. So much for free speech.
One can believe or disbelieve anything one wants in the west, but the one thing that everyone MUST believe under threat of criminalisation, is the Holocaust. And the more absurd things one believes in the holocaust, the more they are to be admired and hero-worshipped.
Nice... projection and denial rolled into a straw man. The most ironic words were the possible punishment of people in Europe for denying it.
But there was a bigger reason for punishing your dismal fictitious story writer. It wads his rallying of Nazis with his hate speech
that was worse than his denial. Your thinking that people are indoctrinating school kids , is a dirty play for a score. One that is so far removed from truth, it reeks of something sinister inside you. I can say with emphasis on the truly, that....
The Holocaust truly was a horrible and shameful event in history.

You do however deserve a consolation prize, No one should be ever imprisoned and forced to pay fines for denial. That is the work of Zionists, and a crime against human rights.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#660365 Sep 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to remember that Jesus died around 30. For 40 years, there's no written gospel of his life, until after the revolt. During that time, we have very little in the way of written records within Christianity. Our first writer in the New Testament is Paul, and his first letter is dated around 50 to 52, still a good 20 years after Jesus, himself. But it appears that in between the death of Jesus and the writing of the first gospel, Mark, that they clearly relying on oral tradition. They're passing on the tradition of what happened to Jesus, what he stood for and what he did, orally, by telling it and retelling it.
Eventually, notes are written, gathered and compared to the oral tradition and then eventually combined into what we read today.
Yup, it took them awhile.
completely unreliable if it were real.
and it is not, which is very easy to understand

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#660366 Sep 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Yo.

You are new here. Double Fine quite likes yer style.

Allow Double Fine to do a minor introduction

I am the King of Bling
The Sultan of Swing
The Grandaddy of Sex
The Tyrannosaurus of Rex
The King of Kong,
The Ding of Dong
The Singer of Song,
The Ping of Pong.
The Master of Disaster
The guy that makes the ladies' hearts beat faster
The Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Always the shit and shinola
The perfect woman's ultimate dream
The one who can make them all scream
The immovable object and unstoppable force,
The Eternal Dark Horse

The Shaman of Sexy

The Guru of Greatness

The most over-the-top entity in all of cyberspace:

Fine. Refined. Double Fine
You left out "humble".

Again.

Location hidden

#660367 Sep 25, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evidence that the Bible was written during the time it says it was written in.
The walls of Jericho were undiscovered before the early 20th century, but were only discovered in the early 20th century.
How could the people who had written the Bible then know anything about Jericho, unless they were living in those times?
There is evidence that the Bible can not be trusted because it lacks accuracy. With errors like the following how can you trust anything you read?

•(a) David took seven hundred (2 Sam. 8:4), seven thousand (1 Chron. 18:4) horsemen from Hadadezer;
•(b) Ahaziah was 22 (2 Kings 8:26), 42 (2 Chron. 22:2) years old when he began to reign;
•(c) Jehoiachin was 18 (2 Kings 24:8), 8 (2 Chron. 36:9) years old when he began to reign and he reigned 3 months (2 Kings 24:8), 3 months and10 days (2 Chron. 36:9);
•(d) There were in Israel 8000,000 (2 Sam. 24:9); 1,1000,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword and there were 500,000 (2 Sam. 24:9), 470,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword in Judah;
•(e) There were 550 (1 Kings 9:23), 250 (2 Chron. 8:10) chiefs of the officers that bare the rule over the people;
•(f) Saul's daughter, Michal, had no sons (2 Sam. 6:23), had 5 sons (2 Sam. 21:6) during her lifetime;
•(g) Lot was Abraham's nephew (Gen. 14:12), brother (Gen. 14:14);
•(h) Joseph was sold into Egypt by Midianites (Gen. 37:36), by Ishmaelites (Gen. 39:1);
•(i) Saul was killed by his own hands (1 Sam. 31:4), by a young Amalekite (2 Sam. 1:10), by the Philistines (2 Sam. 21:12);
•(j) Solomon made of a molten sea which contained 2,000 (1 Kings 7:26), 3,000 (2 Chron. 4:5) baths;
•(k) The workers on the Temple had 3,300 (1 Kings 5:16), 3,600 (2 Chron. 2:18) overseers;
•(l) The earth does (Eccle. 1:4), does not (2 Peter 3:10) abideth forever;
•(m) If Jesus bears witness of himself his witness is true (John 8:14), is not true (John 5:31);
•(n) Josiah died at Megiddo (2 Kings 23:29-30), at Jerusalem (2 Chron. 35:24);
•(o) Jesus led Peter, James, and John up a high mountain after six (Matt. 17:1, Mark 9:2), eight (Luke 9:28) days;
•(p) Nebuzaradan came unto Jerusalem on the seventh (2 Kings 25:8), tenth (Jer. 52:12) day of the fifth month.

Location hidden

#660368 Sep 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Al- So Allen, do you know for sure that Jesus said to murder and slay?
Allen- "I have said so before I do not know, if it was Jesus or the nobleman saying Luke 19:27..... I admit I do not know for sure."
Al-So Jesus spoke about love in the NT 51 times (53 if you count the 2 times that's accredited to him in Revelation) and yet you get confused about 1 passage and then just throw the other 51-53 out.
Allen- "I provided plenty of evidence suggesting that Jesus was the kind of person who could say something like "kill my enemies in front of me."
Al- what? one sentence that's not clear to you and causes confusion on your part????
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

I am not the one "not clear" about Luke 14:26, you are. It means what it says.

The rest of your reply is too dishonest to even bother trying to address.

-JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

You can not prove it was the nobleman saying this. You just don't know, and like with everything else in the Bible you are left to guess.

Attacking me, trying to make me look incompetent instead of dealing with the verse in question only proves you haven't a clue what is going on in Luke 19.
endtimes

AOL

#660369 Sep 25, 2013

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation's "start"

youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

Location hidden

#660370 Sep 25, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
In the English translation Jesus said that line about killing people who don't treat him as king.
In the English translation, the laws regarding slaves were fascist like, and demanded that people who worship other God's ought to be killed.
There are 233 translations in English. For instance:

#23 GAL. 3:24 ("Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring <or lead> us to Christ"--KJ, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, NI, LV) versus ("...the law served as our custodian until Christ came"--ML, LB, RS, JB, NEB, NAB, TEV). If the law served as our custodian until christ came as the latter asserts, then it no longer held that role after he arrived which the former projects. The first version does not rule out its guidance after his arrival. Moreover, serving as our custodian does not necessarily mean it's bringing us to Christ.

#24 1 TIM. 3:2, 12 & Titus 1:6 ("A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife...."--KJ, ML, RS, LB, AS, BBE, NI, NWT, NEB, NAS, TEV, LV) versus ("A bishop must be irreproachable, married only once"--JB, NAB). The JB and NAB clearly limit a bishop to only one wife whereas the former do not keep him from having many wives as long as he has no more than one at a time.

#25 1 TIM. 3:16 ("...great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh...."--KJ) versus ("Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh...."--RS, ML, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS). With differences of this magnitude is it any wonder that the King James only supporters are up-in-arms. In this instance, the KJ is the only version clearly saying God was manifest in the flesh. If "he" is referring to Jesus Christ, then it is only stating the obvious. If Jesus came, he came in the flesh or as a man. But it doesn't say he was God or God came in the flesh.

#26 1 TIM. 4:4 ("For every creature of God is good...."--KJ, AS) versus ("For everything created by God is good...."--RS, ML, LB, JB, NI, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, LV). If everything created by God is good, that would include far more than just the "creatures" mentioned in the KJ and ASV.

#27 1 TIM. 6:10 ("For the love of money is the root of all evil"--KJ, RS, ML, JB, NEB, NAS, LV) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"--NI, AS, TEV, NAS) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all evil"--BBE) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things"--NWT). Is the love of money "a" root or "the" root? If it's "a" root then there could be many others. Is it the root of "all evil" or "all kinds of evil"? "All kinds" does not mean "all evil." Some could be excluded.

#28 2 TIM. 3:16 ("All scripture is given by inspiration of God"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, JB, NI, BBE, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS) versus ("Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching...."--AS, NEB, LV). A cardinal belief of all fundamentalists is that all scripture is inspired, but that is clearly not the import of the AS, NEB and LV. They leave open the possibility that some of Scripture is not inspired.

#29 TITUS 2:13 ("...and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"--KJ, AS, NAB, NWT, LV) versus ("...the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ"--RS, ML, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NAS, NI). According to Granville Sharp's Rule of grammatical interpretation which fundamentalists propound, the first version is referring to two separate beings because the word "our" appears before the word Saviour. According to that same rule "our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ" in the second version is referring only to one being and calling Jesus God. This same rule, applies to "of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" versus "our God and Saviour Jesus Christ" in 2 Peter 1:1.

Location hidden

#660371 Sep 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure about that?
Even Allen isn't sure.
I assert that the Bible is NOT clear as to when the nobleman stops speaking and Jesus starts speaking. However all the evidence has it that Jesus is saying kill mine enemies and not the Nobleman. But it is not crystal clear and not being clear it gives apologists like you Al to present your deeply held beliefs as if they were convincing evidence, they are not.

If there is some conclusive proof one way or the other I sure as hell would like to see it. Until then it remains unclear but entirely possible, indeed even probably that Jesus said kill mine enemies.

Location hidden

#660372 Sep 25, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Purgatory, the Resurrection of the dead, Everlasting life;
All silly fictions from the book of endless contradictions.

American Standard Version

GOD: 1 COR. 7:36 ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--(American Standard Version)

Here God is telling us that if we want to molest our virgin daughters it is not a sin if we marry them before we molest them.

Nice.

Location hidden

#660373 Sep 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible itself is a clear study of people "deliberately twisting" and "omitting things purposely to deceive".
To me it's clever irony to use the bible to disprove the bible.
"Allen" is not the problem, the bible is with all its contradictions and paradoxes and ironies.
Thank you Sharkey. I call using the bible to disprove the bible 'Sunday School In Reverse', or fighting fire with fire.

Let us hope that 'All Gercia' reads your post and experiences a moment of clarity and sees the truth of it and then starts to deal with the situation from that perspective.

Here is another Bible quote that destroys the credibility of the Bible:

Jeremiah 3:12 ("...for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever") and Micah 7:18 ("...he retaineth not anger forever")

versus

Jeremiah 17:4 ("...for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever")

The Bible is unclear if God does not retain anger for ever or if his anger burns forever.

Location hidden

#660374 Sep 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This poster yTube is instrumental in the PLOT FOR HUMAN SELF EXTINCTION!...
STOP INSTIGATING ARMEGEDDON, YOU FILTHY SCUM MURDERER!!!!
Nicely said!

Location hidden

#660375 Sep 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You should pray to God to be even half as righteous as Al.
Your posts are nothing but prayers to Satan.
Can you give me a good reason to accept what you assert? So far all of your baseless assertions are completely unconvincing.

GOD: Ecclesiastes 3:2-3 ("a time to be born , and a time to die...a time to kill, and a time to heal...")

versus

GOD: Ex. 20:13 ("Thou shalt not kill")

Would God please make up his mind! How is a pew warmer to know what to do with confusion like that!

Location hidden

#660376 Sep 25, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>wrote to nanonuts: Is English not your primary language, or are you too stupid to figure it out without being spoon-fed an explanation? Your desire to hate has really kicked the shit out of your ability to think.
Good point. English is my second language and I am much better at it than is nanonuts whom I suspect is a native speaker of English. When given the choice between thinking and hating nanonuts always goes with the hate.

Just like when given a choice between Jesus and St. Paul the pew warmers always go with St. Paul over Jesus.

Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44) versus Paul--"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).

Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed. The way Christ-insanity-ists behave one would think heaven and earth have passed.

Location hidden

#660377 Sep 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>It's time for a new narrative for humanity.
The Big Three of holy books - the Bible, Quran, and Torah - have been locked in a destructive bloody trifecta of war to gain control of the most people, territory and resources, using "god" as a justification.
With more people in the world, the battle for control has become more desperate as more people = more dollars for the organizations. Greed has taken over humans, too - it's become an ugly competition to see "Who Can Have It All".
This old narrative will result in the SELF EXTINCTION OF HUMAN BEINGS, or what religionists like to call "Armageddon".
The truth:
"ARMAGEDDON" is, in its ugly reality, is:
THE PLANNED. I'll repeat: PLANNED MURDER-SUICIDE OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE BY WAY OF INNER BATTLES.
It's time to end this plot of dividing the single species of homo sapien and turning the "groups" against one another in order to instigate bloody wars between them and lead us ALL off the cliff like lemmings.
It's time for us to end this belief in Man So Horrible He Has to Destroy Himself.
If it takes "making up" a "better god" to "write a new book" Let's do it so we humans can have a future, not so we can destroy ourselves!
NEW GOD -> NEW BOOK -> NEW WORLD.
It couldn't hurt us to try it.
With all the NUKES and BIO and CHEM weapons we have, we humans have nothing else to lose!
How I see the problem with humanity is this feature in our consciousness which lets us believe just any old tale told to us. I can accept a participation in what the Universe is doing, merged with Science for the purpose of destroying the curse of a belief in God.

But how to bring this about, a merger of Science and the sense and realization of our own existence when there are so many really really stupid people who insist that hearsay is reality and truth.

We are winning the battle against the existence of God. All the old fossils who are like a disease in the human race will have to die out and as their children are not brainwashed in Sunday School humanity has a real possibility to reach a new level of consciousness where greed [lack of generosity] and racism cease to exist. Science tells us we all have common ancestors and that our skin and appearance changes because of climate and the food we eat. This will break down much of the old and usher in the new. The pew warmers will fight the evolution of humanity every step of the way, but they can not stop it. It has all been set in motion; there is no God.

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, LOL!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660379 Sep 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
I am not the one "not clear" about Luke 14:26, you are. It means what it says.
The rest of your reply is too dishonest to even bother trying to address.
-JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."
You can not prove it was the nobleman saying this. You just don't know, and like with everything else in the Bible you are left to guess.
Attacking me, trying to make me look incompetent instead of dealing with the verse in question only proves you haven't a clue what is going on in Luke 19.
I'm not "trying" to make you look incompetent Alan. I just repeated what you said. If you're unsure about your ability, then that's on you.

Location hidden

#660380 Sep 25, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You would love Thomas Paine's "Age of Reason." He did the same thing two hundred years ago. As a result, he's the only one of the Founding Fathers to be pretty much forgotten, even though it was *he* who originally coined the phrase "United States of America." All because he dared to figuratively pull down the pants of the bible to expose it for what it really is--a book of lies.
Thomas Paine's "Age of Reason" is an excellent read, I quote it all the time.

Location hidden

#660381 Sep 25, 2013
SATANISGOD wrote:
<quoted text>
this is off waaasssuuup's facebook page...he posted a picture of himself
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/bell...
I was laughing so hard I knocked over my margarita! Good one, I love it. Really really funny! Keep 'em coming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 min Voyeur 39,181
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ATHEOI 71,200
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min bad bob 183,472
free kittens!!! seriously ♡ 19 min nOsEybEEyOtch 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min LAWEST100 658,992
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 38 min Awesomeash31 82
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min ImFree2Choose 3,052
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr BabyDoll 298
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 5,102
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr donaldtrump 283,046
More from around the web