Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#660277 Sep 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>She's famous for writing stories about herself.(rolls eyes)
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Maya_Ang... ;
The only books I hate reading more than biographies are autobiographies. I don't care to read all that self-glorification, especially about someone I had never even heard of until the instructor gave her as an essay assignment.
This wiki citation shows the cow wrote a poem about Michael Jackson too. That's enough to rate the rest of her egotistical crap as as waste of time. Bleh!
i'm with you now! she's really nothing more than your dime-a-dozen dumb, rascist rapper, only she's considered 'brilliant' among 'those folks' cuz she can read and write and has more than just a GED in applied africanology;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#660278 Sep 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The first incident that I remember as being decidedly "otherworldly" happened on the way home from elementary school one day. We had finished an assignment early and the teacher let us have free time for the rest of the last hour, so I decided to spend it sketching a fantasy revenge scene involving my nemesis in the neighborhood. She was a little older than me and new to the school. She spent an inordinate amount of time competing with me and taunting me with even the tiniest personal achievements, a real show off and braggart. Mom said she liked me, I knew better. I was the alpha female and knew a contender when it showed itself. Anyway, the sketched scenario involved her and a bird...with said bird pooping on her arrogant head. On the way home from school I pulled the picture from my backpack and showed it to my best friend. We had barely began giggling when I felt something land on top of my head...8^O
I looked her in the eye and asked her if it was what I thought it was and she said "Yes!" with a awed look on her face. That bird looked so full of intent as it was flying away.
I took that poop on my head as a message to not dwell on revenge. After all, the odds that bird would nail me at the exact moment I showed it to my friend were astronomical. Being struck by lightning on a clear day would probably have been more likely.
It may not be terribly impressive to you, but there have been more intense events than that one. The bird "message" was merely whimsy in comparison to the others.
good stuff! i've had a dozen or so things like that happen to me in my lifetime and probaly many more that i was too morally dull to realize

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#660279 Sep 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Afternoon, DF!
Yo Mac! How's you?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#660281 Sep 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
A dung beetle's life has more value than yours. At least they serve a function in life; you don't.
i guess only witches and nazis have the right to assess certain values to individual human life....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#660282 Sep 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the level of abusive nonsense in his reply your post is entirely appropriate. And Christ-insanity-ists wonder why everyone hates them. It is a good thing that there are fewer and fewer Christians each year, although our prisons still seem to be filling up with them.
EXAMPLE OF GAYTHEISTIC AND GENOCIDAL HATRED!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#660283 Sep 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are referring of course to all the Christian terrorism in the USA.
"Kill for Jesus!"
"Make sure your hood and robe is cleaned lilly white in the blood of Jews, gays and negroes!"
sure - since everything you say is bass-ackwards, perverse and opposite;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#660284 Sep 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mac! How's you?
Pret' good. Nymph's got the new knee, she's in the physio place, might be out as early as Thursday, and I'm gonna be a grand.

Busy coupla weeks.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#660285 Sep 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mac! How's you?
How's my second-favourite Saffer?
LineDazzle

Wrexham, UK

#660286 Sep 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Young's Literal Translation
19:11 And while they are hearing these things, having added he spake a simile, because of his being nigh to Jerusalem, and of their thinking that the reign of God is about presently to be made manifest.
That is direct from Greek.
How do you know that it is directly from greek?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#660288 Sep 24, 2013
I guess it's all Greek to Topix as well....LOL!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#660289 Sep 24, 2013
Rams 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-Huh.
The GOD particle.
:)
Witty.

Location hidden

#660290 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
based on your own words, you refuse putting your trust/faith in God, but instead direct it towards yourself and the scoffers.
you've very obviously made a moral choice, as have i. i'm alright with it; no need to hate and compete, friend:)
Is there anything more revolting than the saccharine, holier than thou types?

The best thing about you is that every so often your act breaks down, and you find yourself begging anonymous avatars for a threesome. Glorious.

Location hidden

#660291 Sep 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! No probably not to compare notes!:)
No one is quite sure why it took several years to write them down, but there are several theories as to why.
One of the the strongest theories is that since theirs was an oral history society they felt no need to write it down. Then it is believed that through either through the dying off of the apostles or some other pressing reason it was decided to collect the "notes" that were written down during Jesus time when he was preaching and collect them together eventually becoming what we see and read today.
Closely followed by the "magnificent bullshit" theory.

Location hidden

#660292 Sep 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm with you now! she's really nothing more than your dime-a-dozen dumb, rascist rapper, only she's considered 'brilliant' among 'those folks' cuz she can read and write and has more than just a GED in applied africanology;)
Damn. Your spiritual wholeness is really making me reconsider this whole atheism thing. How do I become more like you?

#660293 Sep 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Closely followed by the "magnificent bullshit" theory.
Then what would be your answer then to the delay of the writing down of the Gospels?

#660294 Sep 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Closely followed by the "magnificent bullshit" theory.
Surely, you must have something better than your "magnificent bullshit" theory.......

Location hidden

#660295 Sep 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely, you must have something better than your "magnificent bullshit" theory.......
I also like the idea that jesus was originally conceived as a purely spiritual being rather than a physical manifestation of god, and that there was therefore no rush to write about his earthly adventures, because in the minds of the original authors, he had none.

But I like the magnificent bullshit theory better.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#660296 Sep 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
First you said that it wasn't a parable.....
Then you said it was........
Then you through our something else ......
Sounds like you're the one grasping for straws.....
TRANSLATION: I can't address the issue at hand, so instead I'll look for fault in the person who posted the message I do not know how to deal with.

The truth shall set you free Al. Just admit that the Bible is flawed from cover to cover and it can not be trusted. Then you can start living your life as you should have always been living it, as you were born to live it, as an non-theist.

Location hidden

#660297 Sep 24, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are misinterpreting this. It's not a "fight against nothing" as you'd like to put it.
He's only trying to get you to tangibly prove that your god exists.
That's ALL.
It should be so easy, right, and not take six years and over half a million posts, right?
Exactly right! Good post! To be a Christ-insanity-ist one has to misinterpret everything this is why they are hated around the world. They are divorced from reality and can not be trusted.

Location hidden

#660298 Sep 24, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>So the question is - how does this confusion this guy points out prove your god? How is this a "win" for you, Al?
Any reasonable person would conclude that your god is confused and schizophrenic about what he says. One minute it's true, next it might just be a parable, or it's just utter made up BS. How is that exactly a "win" for you in proving god exists?
It doesn't help Al at all! What his lame reply does is prevent him from dealing with the problem at hand which he is loath to do because it will require admitting that his Bible is flawed from cover to cover and can not be trusted. But Al already knows not to trust his Bible. Would he let any of his kids drink a quart of Draino? Would he refuse medical treatment and instead call the loonies from his church to pray over his sick and dying children? If he was a real and true Christian maybe, but he knows better than to take his religion seriously. He doesn't trust his stupid ignorant and wrong Bible any more than we do.

So why does he continue the ruse? Why Al why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web