|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not pals, in fact I hate you.
Non-theists are the only ones who know your Bible inside and out. If you want to do Bible study you do not want to do it with a pew warming con-artist like yourself.
We already knew that you came here hating whoever was not going to be reflecting your demented mindset.

Reading it doesn't mean you understand it.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sign of mental illness to tell other people about what God is concerned about when you have failed to establish that such an impossibility even exists.
If there was a God it would be concerned about maintaining itself and not about your stupid happiness.
It is easy to mock when you have never been touched by the supernatural. I get that, I've been there, but some people have had experiences that cannot be explained by the limited science of man. Eyewitness accounts are all we have, IOWs, what effect the supernatural had on the "natural" world. The funny thing IS that even those of us who have experienced the inexplicable are skeptical of others who claim similar experiences. It is the nature of man to hold the stories of strangers as suspect.

I think it's funny when an atheist who declares there is no God also go on to say that he/she believes in ghosts. One must, logically, admit that if one type of entity exists there is always the possibility that the other type also does. I call them "entity bigots".

Now, it's your turn to call every supernatural event the result of drugs, mental illness or whatever your favorite argument against it is.

Those of us who have experienced the inexplicable know that it exists in spite of the lack of empirical, physical evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is no greater evil in the world than insisting ones religion wants them to go kill those who believe differently.
Tell that to the U.N.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

We are not pals, in fact I hate you.
That's cool, I still love you brother.
Non-theists are the only ones who know your Bible inside and out.
That opinion is unfalsifiable and therefore dismissed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is easy to mock when you have never been touched by the supernatural. I get that, I've been there, but some people have had experiences that cannot be explained by the limited science of man. Eyewitness accounts are all we have, IOWs, what effect the supernatural had on the "natural" world. The funny thing IS that even those of us who have experienced the inexplicable are skeptical of others who claim similar experiences. It is the nature of man to hold the stories of strangers as suspect.
I think it's funny when an atheist who declares there is no God also go on to say that he/she believes in ghosts. One must, logically, admit that if one type of entity exists there is always the possibility that the other type also does. I call them "entity bigots".
Now, it's your turn to call every supernatural event the result of drugs, mental illness or whatever your favorite argument against it is.
Those of us who have experienced the inexplicable know that it exists in spite of the lack of empirical, physical evidence.
Nice post!

I know Reverend Anal is feeling the BUURRNNNN
Godlust

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
No , no one has proven God exists. But we have proven that atheists are frightened, insecure, and are liars.
Did you know that Christians have no burden to prove God exists? Did you know that this has angered and irritated atheists for centuries, and that their religion of disbelief is unsupported without this burden?
Fact: Do you know that religion is a learned human behavior...thats right a fantasy turned into reality for the brainwashed followers....We like to call it the "Warren Jeffs Effect"! Nothing a little Jim Jones Jesus Juice wont cure!!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We already knew that you came here hating whoever was not going to be reflecting your demented mindset.
Reading it doesn't mean you understand it.
Koran on Jesus:
"That they said (in boast),'We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God';--But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them...for of a surety they killed him not." [4:157] Muslims do not believe Jesus died on the Cross.

"Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which he bestowed on Mary...." [4:171]
"And behold! I (God) did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee (Jesus) when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said:'This is nothing but evident magic'." [5:110] In light of the fact that God did not protect Jesus from the Jews, this statement is false.

"But she pointed to the babe. They said:'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' He said:'I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet.... Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary:(it is) a statement of truth...." [19:29-30].
Christian miracles are matched by Koranic miracles. Imagine a baby speaking in the cradle right after birth!.

"When (Jesus) the son of Mary is quoted as an example, behold! the folk laugh out,...he is nothing but a slave on whom We bestowed favour...." (The Glorious Quran by Marmaduke Pickthall [43:57, 59]
"We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel...." [57:27]
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said,'O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." [61:6].(See Also: 2:253, 23:50, 33:7)

It would be interesting to know where one could find a statement by Jesus that he would be followed by Ahmad, whom Muslims consider to be Mohammed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post!
I know Reverend Anal is feeling the BUURRNNNN
That does not prove your imaginary God exists.

Koran on Jews"But God hath cursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe." [4:46]

"To the Jews We prohibited such things as We have mentioned to thee before...." [16:118]

"These (Israelites) are but a small band.... So we expelled them from gardens, springs, treasures, and every kind of honourable position...." [26:55, 58-59]

"Say: O ye that stand on Judaism! If ye think that ye are friends to God, to the exclusion of (other) men, then express your desire for Death, if ye are truthful." [62:6]
followerofSatan

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is easy to mock when you have never been touched by the supernatural. I get that, I've been there, but some people have had experiences that cannot be explained by the limited science of man. Eyewitness accounts are all we have, IOWs, what effect the supernatural had on the "natural" world. The funny thing IS that even those of us who have experienced the inexplicable are skeptical of others who claim similar experiences. It is the nature of man to hold the stories of strangers as suspect.
What a load of horse s-hit...everything is explicable.. you never experienced any supernatural because there is none..your delusions are not supernatural...

watch the presentation by a reputable neuroscientist on what goes on in the brain which seems like reality...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It says; "The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made."
You changed it to omnibenevolent to suit your argument.
Intellectual dishonesty fallacy.
You are really stupid, she quoted the verse that I posted and I clearly included the version [there are 233 in English] that I got that verse from. She copied it exactly including the version it was taken from. We need to return to Versions differ so all you Christ-insanity-ists can be reminded that there is no single one version of the alleged "god's word" but two hundred and thirty three.

If I do not state the version you should assume like everyone else does that it is the KJV. That is standard operating procedures; if you were not a "simple minded" pew warming "moron for Christ you would know this.

Two major questions need to be addressed in regard to the alleged original writing of Scripture. First, was there an original copy of the Bible from which subsequent manuscripts were copied and, secondly, if there was such an original, and existing manuscripts are copies of that original, can we reconstruct or do we have an accurate copy of that original. In addressing the first question we noted that although there are thousands of manuscripts with similar and nearly identical texts, there were also thousands of variations. Because of the great number of differences, one would not be wise to assume there must have been a common source. Encyclopedias and cookbooks also bear a remarkable resemblance and one might assume they, too, had a common source. Although it is correct to say that the degree of similarity between biblical manuscripts is significantly higher than that between most encyclopedias and cookbooks, the difference is one of degree, not kind. It remains for believers in an original to prove it existed.

The second is even more important. Even if we assume an original existed, could one know what it said based on existing manuscripts? With thousands of variances between thousands of manuscripts, there is no way to definitely know an original's contents, despite apologetic assurances to the contrary. Hundreds of differences between translations bear witness to the fact that scholars can't agree on what various verses say, what they mean, and whether they should even be included in reconstruction of the Bible. The experts are clearly at loggerheads on many points and uncertain as to others. Unanimity is not the dominant theme by any means. Despite the uncertainty that permeates the process of translating and understanding, people are repeatedly told there is no reason to worry about the validity of translations or reconstruction of the "original."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

#1 EX. 20:3 ("You shall not have no other gods before me"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, NAS, MT, NI) versus ("You shall have no other gods except or besides me"--JB, NAB, TEV, BBE, LV). A clash over the first commandment arises from the fact that the former group merely says you must put the god of the Bible at the top of the list. Worship of other gods is not prohibited.

#2 1 SAM. 6:19 ("But God smote of the men of Beth-shemesh...50,070.... "--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT)
versus ("the Lord smote 5,070 men of the people"--LV).
versus ("...he slew 70 men of them"--RS, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI)
Whether God killed 70 people or over 50,000 for a relatively innocuous act bears directly on the biblical teaching in Deut. 32:4, Psalm 9:8, etc. that God is just and righteous. Apparently this troubles scholars and accounts for the dramatic reduction in numbers in many recent translations.

#3 JOB 19:26 ("...yet in my flesh shall I see God"--KJ, LB, NI, TEV, NWT) versus ("then from or without my flesh I shall see God"--RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, MT, NAS). The latter denies the physical resurrection of mankind which the former affirms.

#4 PROV. 14:33 ("...but it <wisdom> is not known in the heart of the fools"--RS, NAB, JB, BBE, TEV, LV) versus ("But in the inward part of fools it maketh itself known"). Biblical teaching is contradictory as to whether wisdom lies within fools, although one might argue the inward part does not mean the heart.

#5 PROV. 28:3 ("A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain...."--NI, BBE, NAB, TEV) versus "A poor man that oppresseth the poor"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, AS, NAS, MT, LV). It's hard to visualize how a poor man could oppress the poor which is probably why the NI, NAB and TEV translators reversed the script. The biblical view of an important social issue is quite muddled.

#6 ISA. 7:14 ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son...."--KJ, ML, LB, NI, AS, NAB, NAS, LV) versus ("Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son...."--RS, BBE, NEB, TEV, MT) or (a young maiden--JB, NWT). This clash has been debated for centuries and goes to the heart of a critical biblical teaching because it's the only OT prophecy referring to the Messiah's virgin birth.

#7 DAN. 9:24 ("...and to anoint the most holy"--KJ, AS, NI) versus ("...and to anoint a most holy place"--RS, LB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NAS, MT). The 9th chapter of Daniel has one of the most important of all OT prophecies and it's rather difficult to see how it could be referring to Jesus, i.e. be messianic, when conflict exists as to whether the most holy is a man or a place.

#8 MICAH 5:2 ("...whose goings forth have been from old from everlasting"--KJ, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...whose origin is from old from ancient days"--RS, JB, NI, NEB, TEV, MT, NAB). Micah 5:2 is supposedly one of the most precise OT prophecies because it supposedly predicts the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. But how could it be referring to Jesus if his goings were "from ancient days" which, unlike "everlasting" denotes a beginning at some time in the distant past? Whether or not the Messiah had an origin is crucial.

#9 MATT. 12:40 ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whale's belly"--KJ, RS, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the sea-monster"--ML, JB, NEB, NAB) versus ("For as Jonas was in the great fish 3 days and 3 nights"--NI, NWT, TEV, LB, BBE). This conflict bears directly on the accuracy of comments by Jesus since whales are not fish and vice versa.

#10 MARK 1:1 ("The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ"--NI, LB, JB, TEV, NWT) versus ("The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS, LV). The former does not say Jesus wrote the Book of Mark while the latter all but says he did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Godlust wrote:
<quoted text>Fact: Do you know that religion is a learned human behavior...thats right a fantasy turned into reality for the brainwashed followers....We like to call it the "Warren Jeffs Effect"! Nothing a little Jim Jones Jesus Juice wont cure!!!!
You will never completely destroy religion no matter how hard you try.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Chines... ;

Belief in the supernatural has existed in every culture since the dawn of time. Even the hammer of Chinese sanctioned atheism has not pounded the belief from the minds of its citizens. Many still believe in ghosts/evil spirits in spite of what their government's disapproval.
yTubeNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of horse s-hit...everything is explicable.. you never experienced any supernatural because there is none..your delusions are not supernatural...
watch the presentation by a reputable neuroscientist on what goes on in the brain which seems like reality...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UyyjU8fzEYUXX
You weren't there, perv, but others were. I had witnesses for every event that is worth mentioning.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You will never completely destroy religion no matter how hard you try.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Chines... ;
Belief in the supernatural has existed in every culture since the dawn of time. Even the hammer of Chinese sanctioned atheism has not pounded the belief from the minds of its citizens. Many still believe in ghosts/evil spirits in spite of what their government's disapproval.
On the average, people are about as intelligent as a Chinese hammer, no matter where they're from. Dumb people believe all sort of dumb things. Like these people who drank sewage water thinking it was the tears of Jesus.

http://www.allgov.com/news/unusual-news/india...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

You are really stupid, she quoted the verse that I posted and I clearly included the version
The supposed verse in question is "Psalm 145:9, MARY"

There IS no "MARY" version, dude.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Eternalrock wrote:
Jesus birthday is 12/25.
No it isn't.

Jesus is a myth. You know, a myth?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Eternalrock wrote:
So I gave some supernatural proofs of God. Do not make me famous to bring me any trouble. I don't want any trouble.
There is no such thing as "supernatural proof."

You're a loony.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

eternalrock wrote:
God is the entire human race and is not in heaven. That's why the real son of God is lame. God does not want the real Son of God to interact with other humans too much.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And just when were you appointed, and by whom, to speak for this God you allege?
If you can prove that such a thing as God exists, then and only then will I consider listening to you tell me what it wants.
And FYI I am going to report you to the nurses station, clearly your meds are not working.
He appointed himself, just like all the other self-appointed mouthpieces for god.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Interesting objects photographed by NASA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••