Prove there's a god.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#659723 Sep 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the county birth records of Bethlehem weren't stored properly in the filing cabinets at that time.
So what about all the other birth records for all the other babies? We found all those right?
We have the records of all the folks that were crucified several weeks before and after Jesus right? I mean, the records exist for THOSE folks right?
So how come we're not waiting for any of those folks to "come back and save the world"?

I mean, couldn't Jesus use a little help? ;)

The existence of those people's records does not help prove what John 3:16 said. John must have been hitting some kind of sauce back then, or the "biblical equivalent" of LSD...
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#659724 Sep 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sharkey!
I believe the problem really stems from the inflexible, uncaring and close minded extremists on both sides of the argument. With the Westboro bastards errr.... Baptists on one side and the extreme, hating atheists on the other.
Greetings!

I disagree with you on that. The problem really stems from what humans believe about our existence, how we got here, and why we're here in the first place. Another problem is we're fighting over who's belief on how we got here is correct, and that is a battle for futility.

As long as humans each have different individual beliefs, the answer to the PTAG question will remain eternally undefined.

It is absurd to argue about how we got to this planet. Humans should be more concerned about where our species will end up in the future, or even if we'll have a future.

All these religious and belief wars will wipe out the future of our entire species and it frustrates me that people can't see the harm we're doing to ourselves, that we're trampling over each other - ironically, to death - to "get to heaven" or nirvana or utopia or wherever place doesn't exist.

Instead of focusing so much on nonexistence we humans should do what we have in our ability to make our existence better.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#659725 Sep 18, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>1. The one called "Jesus Christ" is the son of Mary. Joseph wondered if Mary cheated on him because he didn't think HE was the one that got Mary pregnant. God did not have sex with Mary. A virgin birth is impossible. Your whole religion is based on a "Cover Your @ss" story by Mary. Joseph asks "WHO made you pregnant?" and before he's ready to stone her Mary blurts out: "God did it! It's a miracle!" Today, this kind of story would get the laugh it deserves and the teller of it some time in a loony bin, but somehow the whole human race has fallen for it.
2. No human on this earth can be sinless, for all humans are imperfect. We don't know anything about the real life of the person named Jesus as a lot of his life is unknown.
3. We have no idea if "for our sins" was the real intent of his dying. John could have very well have made that up. Humans are good at making up good stories. Propoganda is very powerful on the gullible human mind.
4. "Resurrection" is simply impossible. Death means dead forever, so it's simply an out-and out lie by humans wanting some kind of an "escape" from this harsh world and an "ultimate reward" for having survived it. Since the last resort is death, now humans are seeking it out by becoming false martyrs who will give up their perfectly good lives to go somewhere they cannot come back from - eternal death - and all for something that could turn out to be a huge lie.
The story of your religion is ironically in violation of your religion's own tenets of lying being a sin.
I just can't see how you can live with such blatant, crystal clear contradiction.
Your disbelief is not proof that it's false.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#659726 Sep 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there no one in YOUR LIFE that you would be willing to give up your life for?
Why all the focus about "giving up life"? Shouldn't we be focused on LIVING life? The so called "life sacrifice of Jesus" has done no good as the world is still in the exact same shape it was then.

It's time to turn your focus on what you can do while you're ALIVE, not what can be done after you're DEAD. The Dead can't do or speak or walk or volunteer or clean up or anything - they're dead. LIVING should be better than dying, not the other way around.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#659727 Sep 18, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Because your bible said "thou shalt not suffer a witch",
Ya. Said that to whom?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659728 Sep 18, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
You have some nerve, after saying that your real god really kills witches.
Um...

Ya, you said that.

Not me.
Shaddup

United States

#659729 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Be ause (sic) your so educated?
Lmao!
You fail.
Let's see,I hit the space bar instead of the "c" when typing. Gee, they are right next to each other, but, you wrote "your so educated" instead of "you're so educated". You really are a nitwit. And, you have failed to answer any questions about the failures of your immoral fantasy. Oh well, you can continue to play the fool. It suits you.

Homonyms are Christian Kryptonite.
Shaddup

United States

#659730 Sep 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Easy, please, Shaddup.
Al's one of the Good Guys.
Apparently you miss all his anti-human rights and sexually perverted posts. I see no good in that ridiculous fool.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659731 Sep 18, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised you have any feet left as many times as you keep shooting yourself.
Oh, well, prosthetic feet would be more authentic than your phony self is.
Your sarcastic tone indicates just how "tolerant" you are. So much for the "accepting Christian".
Hypocrisy has become so engrained in you that you think it's a perfectly natural state to be in.
No one can help you if you're too addicted to your drug of delusion.
You condemned Al as a "sexually sick pervert" because he flirted a little with another poster.

What would you say to the guys that dress up as girls and go to a gay parade, I wonder...

I doubt you'd say anything.

If so, that makes you intolerant to Al for no other reason than he's a Christian.

You're an intolerant hypocrite.
Shaddup

United States

#659732 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Be ause (sic) your so educated?
Lmao!
You fail.
Oh, and infinity vs. affinity. You're more dumb than a Third grader.
Shaddup

United States

#659733 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...
Ya, you said that.
Not me.
Once again, why should you be believed over Christians that disagree with you?
Shaddup

United States

#659734 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You condemned Al as a "sexually sick pervert" because he flirted a little with another poster.
What would you say to the guys that dress up as girls and go to a gay parade, I wonder...
I doubt you'd say anything.
If so, that makes you intolerant to Al for no other reason than he's a Christian.
You're an intolerant hypocrite.
The posts I read were not flirting. They were sexually sick and perverted. You, with your wife-beating misogyny, are too sick to notice a difference. Beat any women or babies today, poor little "white" "man"?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659735 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
Let's see,I hit the space bar
Nope you forgot to hit it this time.

S'posed to be a space after the comma, Mr Intelligent.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659736 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
Oh, and infinity vs. affinity. You're more dumb than a Third grader.
The 'T' should not be capitalized in "third grader", son.

So much for "higher education".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659737 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
Once again, why should you be believed over Christians that disagree with you?
Which ones are those?

Point them out so I can debate them.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659738 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>The posts I read were not flirting. They were sexually sick and perverted. You, with your wife-beating misogyny, are too sick to notice a difference. Beat any women or babies today, poor little "white" "man"?
Keep your red herrings on your own plate and acknowledge my post.

PS... You're quickly becoming my newest Topix atheist bitch. Try not to disappoint.

#659739 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>The posts I read were not flirting. They were sexually sick and perverted. You, with your wife-beating misogyny, are too sick to notice a difference. Beat any women or babies today, poor little "white" "man"?
List the posts. Show us how perverted they are. You can't because there were none. Go ahead.
Prove it or shaddup.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#659740 Sep 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your disbelief is not proof that it's false.
Your belief is not proof that it's true.

#659741 Sep 18, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you miss all his anti-human rights and sexually perverted posts. I see no good in that ridiculous fool.
Go ahead. List the anti-human posts of mine.
Show us all here on topix those posts.
Go ahead. We're all waiting on you.....

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#659742 Sep 18, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if there were a good, a bad and an ugly, I'd probably be Eli Wallach as Tuco....
Hi ya Mac !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min who 281,904
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min River Tam 64,198
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Gods r Delusions ... 654,206
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 106,560
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 17 min Catcher1 9,376
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 26 min ImFree2Choose 2,590
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 34 min Tony 44
More from around the web