Prove there's a god.
Papa

Cleveland, GA

#659197 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I appreciate your acknowledgement that God is real, by what reasoning do you blame God for leukemia?
We all die. God is concerned with your eternity, spirit. No guarantees on Earth, just Heaven.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#659198 Sep 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB1000142412788732454900457906 7532485712464.html
http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/09/14/earth-...
Global warming.
For the last decade, according to the denial industry, sea ice has been “recovering”. Which is completely correct, if, by “recovering”, you mean there is 75 percent less ice volume than there was 30 years ago.

http://climatecrocks.com/2013/09/09/another-y...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#659199 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In ever said such a thing. I did not imply, strongly or otherwise.
I asked for the Scripture that says God is omnibenevolent.
"According to a recent study, mental disorders [like Christ-insanity] and substance abuse combined were the leading cause of non-fatal illness worldwide in 2010, contributing nearly 23 percent of the total global disease burden

Depressive disorders were the most common, followed by anxiety disorders, drug use disorders, and schizophrenia
Mental and substance use disorders were responsible for higher global death and illness rates than HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, diabetes, and car accidents

High sugar intake can exert a toxic effect on mental health by causing insulin and leptin resistance; suppressing activity of a key hormone called BDNF, which is critically low in depressed patients; and promoting chronic inflammation, which is thought to be a primary cause of depression

Previous studies have also shown that aspartame has a detrimental effect on your brain function, neurological, cognitive, and behavioral health

Genetically engineered foods, as well as the herbicide glyphosate—can significantly alter your gut flora, thereby promoting pathogens while decimating the beneficial microbes necessary for optimal mental and physical health."

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#659200 Sep 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB1000142412788732454900457906 7532485712464.html
http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/09/14/earth-...
Global warming.
Real time sea ice recovery graph .

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...
Family Christian Stores

Gaithersburg, MD

#659201 Sep 14, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
do you and him swallow or spit?
Our store here in Gaithersburg, Maryland believes in Ayman al-Zawahiri because He is jesus christ made modern for the world. He is sending a message to the world to be christian. He wrote the Bible years ago for us to do right. We need to worship and praise Ayman al-Zawahiri because He is our Holy Spirit!

Location hidden

#659202 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"""Omnibenevole nce (from Latin omni- meaning "all", and benevolent, meaning "good")[1] is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "unlimited or infinite benevolence". It is often held to be impossible, or at least improbable, for a deity to exhibit such property alongside omniscience and omnipotence as a result of the problem of evil. However, some philosophers, such as Alvin Plantinga, argue the plausibility of co-existence. The word is primarily used as a technical term within academic literature on the philosophy of religion, mainly in context of the problem of evil and theodical responses to such. Although even in said contexts the phrases "perfect goodness" or "moral perfection" are often preferred because of the difficulties in defining what exactly constitutes 'infinite benevolence'."" "

"""Etymology

From Latin omni- meaning 'all', and benevolent, meaning 'good'. This may be a recent creation, extrapolating the contextual meanings of 'omniscient' and 'omnipotent' to describe, in a consistent manner, this third divine quality.
Adjective

omnibenevolent (not comparable)

All-loving, or infinitely good, usually in reference to a deity or supernatural being, for example,'God'. Its use is often with regards to the divine triad, whereby a deity is described to be simultaneously omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. This triad is used especially with the Christian god, Yahweh. """

The Bible TELLS US God is all good, however when we read his behaviour in the Bible everything he does is all bad.

It is like the criminal in the court room who insists he is not a bad person and insists we should ignore his crimes and instead believe his assertions about his goodness.

That is something that is quite easy for a mentally defective Christ-insanity-ist like yourself to do; believe assertions that God is all good then totally and completely ignore the details concerning his bad.

Why you divorce yourself from reality like this is a mystery to all those who are seekers after the truth.

Location hidden

#659203 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible TELLS US God is all good, however when we read his behaviour in the Bible everything he does is all bad.

It is like the criminal in the court room who insists he is not a bad person and insists we should ignore his crimes and instead believe his assertions about his goodness.

That is something that is quite easy for a mentally defective Christ-insanity-ist like yourself to do; believe assertions that God is all good then totally and completely ignore the details concerning his bad.

Why you divorce yourself from reality like this is a mystery to all those who are seekers after the truth.

"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"
(Amos 3:6).
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#659206 Sep 14, 2013
Family Christian Stores wrote:
<quoted text>
Our store here in Gaithersburg, Maryland believes in Ayman al-Zawahiri because He is jesus christ made modern for the world. He is sending a message to the world to be christian. He wrote the Bible years ago for us to do right. We need to worship and praise Ayman al-Zawahiri because He is our Holy Spirit!
worship whoever you want,this tread is about PROOF of gods existence,

so far you all FAILED
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#659207 Sep 14, 2013
Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there isn't a God?
burden of proof FALACY

try to THINK harder

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#659208 Sep 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

"According to a recent study,
You did not cite the study.

So your post is ignored.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659209 Sep 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"""Omnibenevole nce (from Latin omni- meaning "all", and benevolent, meaning "good")[1] is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "unlimited or infinite benevolence". It is often held to be impossible, or at least improbable, for a deity to exhibit such property alongside omniscience and omnipotence as a result of the problem of evil. However, some philosophers, such as Alvin Plantinga, argue the plausibility of co-existence. The word is primarily used as a technical term within academic literature on the philosophy of religion, mainly in context of the problem of evil and theodical responses to such. Although even in said contexts the phrases "perfect goodness" or "moral perfection" are often preferred because of the difficulties in defining what exactly constitutes 'infinite benevolence'."" "
"""Etymology
From Latin omni- meaning 'all', and benevolent, meaning 'good'. This may be a recent creation, extrapolating the contextual meanings of 'omniscient' and 'omnipotent' to describe, in a consistent manner, this third divine quality.
Adjective
omnibenevolent (not comparable)
All-loving, or infinitely good, usually in reference to a deity or supernatural being, for example,'God'. Its use is often with regards to the divine triad, whereby a deity is described to be simultaneously omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. This triad is used especially with the Christian god, Yahweh. """
Atheist apologetics are fun.

Please quote the Scripture that says God is Omnibenevolent.

Location hidden

#659210 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He can come here and open a 7-11.
Other than that...
Has Hell frozen over? Finally something we can agree on! But don't get the Vaseline out just yet.

Location hidden

#659211 Sep 14, 2013
Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there isn't a God?
The 600,000+ posts in this thread proves that there is no such thing as a Christ-insanity God.

Location hidden

#659212 Sep 14, 2013
Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
We all die. God is concerned with your eternity, spirit. No guarantees on Earth, just Heaven.
It is a sign of mental illness to tell other people about what God is concerned about when you have failed to establish that such an impossibility even exists.

If there was a God it would be concerned about maintaining itself and not about your stupid happiness.

Location hidden

#659213 Sep 14, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
worship whoever you want,this tread is about PROOF of gods existence,
so far you all FAILED
Plus the fact that he/she/it is posting spam. Their assertions are wholly unconvincing.

Location hidden

#659214 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not cite the study.
So your post is ignored.
I knew you were going to say that. I do not care if you read or ignore my posts I only care that normal people like them. FYI I like reading studies and if I quote one believe me I have the source.

Location hidden

#659215 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please quote the Scripture that says God is Omnibenevolent.
Since you said please:

Psalm 145:9, MARY, "The LORD is benevolent to all; he has compassion on all he has made."

Matt. 19:17, Aramaic Bible in Plain English, "But he said to him,“Why do you call me good? There is none who is all good except God alone. But if you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

1 Samuel 2:2, "There is none as good and compassionate as our all loving LORD: for there is none beside you: neither …

Psalm 52:1 "Why boast you yourself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God is unlimited…

Psalm 145:7-9 "They shall abundantly utter the memory of your great goodness, and …"

James 1:17, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down …"

1 John 4:8-10,16, "He that loves not knows not God; for God is all love…"

Source: Various translation versions of the 233 English versions available to choose from.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659216 Sep 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Hell frozen over? Finally something we can agree on! But don't get the Vaseline out just yet.
lol, no.

But I think I saw a pig flying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659217 Sep 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were going to say that. I do not care if you read or ignore my posts I only care that normal people like them. FYI I like reading studies and if I quote one believe me I have the source.
Take this the wrong way, I do not trust you when you write something like "A recent study says..." and don't link the study.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#659218 Sep 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you said please:
Psalm 145:9, MARY, "The LORD is benevolent to all; he has compassion on all he has made."
Matt. 19:17, Aramaic Bible in Plain English, "But he said to him,“Why do you call me good? There is none who is all good except God alone. But if you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
1 Samuel 2:2, "There is none as good and compassionate as our all loving LORD: for there is none beside you: neither …
Psalm 52:1 "Why boast you yourself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God is unlimited…
Psalm 145:7-9 "They shall abundantly utter the memory of your great goodness, and …"
James 1:17, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down …"
1 John 4:8-10,16, "He that loves not knows not God; for God is all love…"
Source: Various translation versions of the 233 English versions available to choose from.
None of them say God is omnibenevolent....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 min Johnny 821
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Chess Jurist 654,098
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 12 min Yolanda 170
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min PELE78 64,097
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 281,882
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 183,178
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 30 min ImFree2Choose 2,586
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min Rosa_Winkel 106,539
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr Clive 80
More from around the web