Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not accept that the Universe came from nothing. Hawking is wrong; something can not come from nothing. Something has always existed and it rearranged itself about 13.7 billion years ago.
The Universe we live in has the possibility of maintaining itself. Science does not yet know how this is possible because they always leave humanity out of the equation.
Do you know what a phase transition is? OK real simple so even a Christian might understand it. Do you know that ice, water and steam are the same thing in different forms? One is a solid, another a liquid and the third a gas. What is the exact moment when the solid becomes a liquid or the liquid becomes a gas? Put some water in a freezer and you can see that the water slowly turns from a liquid into a solid. The exact moment that it is neither one thing nor the other is what happened to form our Universe as we know it today. The possibility for human life as we know it existed in the first few moments after what we call the big bang.
My fingers are hurting.
A physicists definition of 'nothing' is not the same as the colloquial one. Besides, nothing is, indeed, something. Equivocation fallacies are the wheelhouse of Christians. Cut it out.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to expose it, thank you very much.
Yeah, expose it. You're a sick one.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
post a link that shows hawking making a claim the universe came from nothing.... THERE IS NOT SUCH THING AS NOTHING.... matter and energy always existed.. cannot be created or destroyed..
I said that something can not come from nothing, that something has always existed.

I do not have a link where Stephen Hawking made such a claim, if memory serves I was replying to ??? who asserted Hawkins made such a claim. Perhaps I read it wrong. If it was true that Hawkins said that the Universe came from nothing, he would be wrong. You say Hawkins didn't say that and I am completely happy to accept your word on it.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't know better.....I'd think you were generalizing...
Yes, I was, and it is an apt generalization. Look at Trail Life USA. I rest my case, faccia brutta.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I just love it when waaasssuuuppp shoots himself in the foot. I try to prove how stupid he is and like magic he waltzes in here and proves it for me.
Quit poking at the monkey cage, you get him excited, then he want's want's a banana.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

In his new book, The Grand Design Hawking argues that "the universe can and will create itself from nothing." The collective heads of all the dishonest Christians who have argued that atheists claim that everything comes from nothing have just imploded.

Reposted from:

http://science.slashdot.org/science/07/03/14/...

"Speaking to a sold out crowd at the Berkeley Physics Oppenheimer Lecture, Hawking said yesterday that he now believes the universe spontaneously popped into existence from nothing. He said more work is needed to prove this but we have time because 'Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.'

Stephen Hawking has a new book on the way, and it's about to add weight to arguments that atheists have been making for many years. During my interactions with Ray Comfort he once posited that I as an atheist believed that everything came from nothing. I had never made that claim. Most arguments for a Universe without a God are based on the notion that our Universe is infinite that it's all existed forever in some form. If Christians posit that their God has existed forever, this concept should be easy for them to understand however they're rarely willing to accept it. It's not easy for them to accept because they are so entrenched in belief that most of the time they'll merely respond with some form of dishonest or illogical argumentation. Enter Stephen Hawkings new book.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
In his new book, The Grand Design Hawking argues that "the universe can and will create itself from nothing." The collective heads of all the dishonest Christians who have argued that atheists claim that everything comes from nothing have just imploded.
Reposted from:
http://science.slashdot.org/science/07/03/14/...
"Speaking to a sold out crowd at the Berkeley Physics Oppenheimer Lecture, Hawking said yesterday that he now believes the universe spontaneously popped into existence from nothing. He said more work is needed to prove this but we have time because 'Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.'
Stephen Hawking has a new book on the way, and it's about to add weight to arguments that atheists have been making for many years. During my interactions with Ray Comfort he once posited that I as an atheist believed that everything came from nothing. I had never made that claim. Most arguments for a Universe without a God are based on the notion that our Universe is infinite that it's all existed forever in some form. If Christians posit that their God has existed forever, this concept should be easy for them to understand however they're rarely willing to accept it. It's not easy for them to accept because they are so entrenched in belief that most of the time they'll merely respond with some form of dishonest or illogical argumentation. Enter Stephen Hawkings new book.
"I said that something can not come from nothing, that something has always existed.

I do not have a link where Stephen Hawking made such a claim, if memory serves I was replying to ??? who asserted Hawkins made such a claim. Perhaps I read it wrong. If it was true that Hawkins said that the Universe came from nothing, he would be wrong. You say Hawkins didn't say that and I am completely happy to accept your word on it."

"In his new book, The Grand Design Hawking argues that "the universe can and will create itself from nothing." The collective heads of all the dishonest Christians who have argued that atheists claim that everything comes from nothing have just imploded."

There is a serious disconnect in your logic mechanism. Or something.

Perhaps you can clarify this a bit better?
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
The ancients didn't know as much about the cosmos as do modern scientists but they had a great deal of science about the inner workings of their flesh and blood machines because for one reason they knew and understood many of the laws that govern the operation of themselves and the Universe; as above, so below.
The 7 note music scale brought forth a unified verse.

The Uni verse.

Sorry, I'm at work, that's the best I can sneak in at the moment.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

followerofSatan wrote:
I found this comment on your link... which makes more sense:
He's making an analogy. A rigorous explanation is beyond the generalized audience he had there. Even those with proper background to understand it would probably have been bored -- they came there to see a scientist celebrity, and Hawkings did not disappoint.
For your enlightenment, the 'water' in question is a series of multidimensional branes [wikipedia.org], according to one cosmological theory. The universe may have been created when two branes collided, creating turbulence that manifested as a big bang in our dimensional space. These collisions go on all the time, but like the 'bubbles in boiling water' analogy not all the turbulence creates new universes.
Your next question is 'where did the branes come from'? Branes are mathematical concepts. If someone tells you 1+1=2, you can't really ask where '1' came from. If there is a multiverse it has to have some sort of brane structure, in much the same way as if humans exist they have to have skin.
So the universe was 'created by nothing' in a pretty accurate sense, as a mathematical concept is as close to 'nothing' as anyone is likely to conceive. But in the end, Hawkings' words were chosen for showmanship, not precision.
Roger.

"IT IS ALL BULL-$HIT... "

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're obviously very antichrist so indeed there must be a Christ!:)
anticristers do more to propogate the Gospel to objective folks then do preachers; hence the reason God allows y'all to poop on His green earth!:)
<quoted text>
He really *is* the Wyle E. Coyote of Topix, isn't he? And we non-christers are the Roadrunners.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You run 'im off a cliff and I'll hand him an anvil.
LOL! Agreed!!

The li'l christian icon fairy sure has been busy, hasn't he? Incapable of expressing his own thoughts, he has to rely on Topix icons to do that for him.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Nobody wrote:
You people need to prove to God you are a real person. The proof of God is all around you. You folks refuse to see it.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the true christian fashion you are confusing the meanings of the words proof and faith
Those fundietard morons say their faith *is* their proof. They also believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and that the earth is flat. After all, their buybull says so.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view is a New Age heavily LSD tainted version of Christianity.
There is an awful lot of details you left out. Your brain circuits got burned prematurely.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually those ideas or beliefs are thousands of years old, no way are they new age. But at least I gave you something so you could do what you do best which is insult me.
Since christianity is the youngest of all religions, we would have to describe it as "new age."

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you grow up and discuss something instead of being as mean and nasty as you claim others are. Have you ever added anything to any discussion?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! have you ever said the same things to kait, you petty lil hypocrite you!:)
Translation: "I'm a truth hater, and I hate thinking. I don't like to think, I don't wanna, and you can't make me! So instead of answering you, I'm gonna play victim instead!"

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I have no idea what the difference between a fact and a belief is so I'll just be as silly and stupid as I always am.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I have no idea what the difference between a fact and a belief is so I'll just be as silly and stupid as I always am, back at ya, ya ol hypocrite you!:)
Beats thinking, doesn't it?
While you're at it, Wyle, you want a cracker?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ever mis-quoted the Bible you could not type fast enough to quote it to prove me wrong. Since you have never done that, nor has anyone else it is clear that I copy and paste from the Bible correctly. You just don't like what is in the Bible. That is not my fault.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - quoting the bible out of context
Translation: "This is what I always say whenever someone uses my own bible against me, and I can't think of a response."

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you put a lot of effort in this and i'm too much of a gentleman to just ignore....
whatcha wanna do hon, ain't this get'n old? can we talk a lil bit about your swimsuit area?:)
Translation: "I *HATE IT* when this bitch makes me think!!!"

Why do you refuse to obey your jesus's rules?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait said "I treat others the way they treat me"
And it's true.

Why did you string so many of my posts together?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> yet i continually tell you that i love (the idea of) you,
And I know you're lying. There goes #9 again, down in flames.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> that you're hot,
In your imagination, you are using me to cheat on your wife. You jesus ordered you not to covet, but you don't care, do you? There goes #7 down in flames.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> that i don't hold anything against you...etc.
I can hear #9 just a-sizzlin' and a-cracklin' away, turning to ashes.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>what gives girl, where's this good treatment that you claim to give others who treat you good?:(
Al Garcia, Brother Marine (who's disappeared) and a couple of the female christian posters, whose names I'm embarrassed and ashamed to admit I've forgotten.

You've been rude, vile, suggestive, dishonest and hypocritical since day one. You have to *earn* respect, it isn't just given to you; otherwise, it isn't really respect.

But then, you don't want to understand that; you just want your way, like a spoiled juvenile.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
who do you think you're dealing with here, just another limp-wristed apologist?:)
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,
{*spewing iced tea onto monitor*} LMAO!!!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusion : An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting description of atheism.
Thanks!!
Why don't you prove your god? We're all *still* waiting for you to prove the "reality" of your god.

What's takin' so long?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Gotta see that one again!

RiversideRedazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh...
Reverend Alan wrote:
We are all born non-theists for a very good reason.
ChristineM wrote:
funnymentalist christian indoctrination from birth
Lol
Atheist decoder ring battle!
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As always you are stupid and wrong; the two seem to go hand in hand with you.
We are all born non-theists and immediately after birth, sometimes right at the moment of birth, funnymentalist Christian retards start the indoctrination condemning their children to a wasted worthless life as a Pew Warmer. That is something you know something about. That and lying, deceiving, dishonesty etc.
If Redneck doesn't *want* to understand, he never will. He wants his invisible sky daddy, and demands that the rest of us accept it so he can feel better about himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

379 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Neelakaran 4,487
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 16 min Rosa_Winkel 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min AussieBobby 256,382
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 93,662
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 36 min andet1987 5,210
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Mi Lin 532,443
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Godchild 114,974
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Catcher1 172,267
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 10 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••