“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

"Step Into My Parlor..."

#658692 Sep 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy who was born homosexual, so you are exaggerating.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're FOS. Shaddup before you make a mess that you'll have to clean up.
You first, pole-smoker. You're so friggin' odious that even a cage full of canine parvo diarrhea has to hold its nose when you walk by.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#658693 Sep 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy who was born homosexual, so you are exaggerating.
<quoted text>
You first, pole-smoker. You're so friggin' odious that even a cage full of canine parvo diarrhea has to hold its nose when you walk by.
How many times did you break the terms of your parole today, loser?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#658694 Sep 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - quoting the bible out of context and/or without explaining the big picture IS mis-quoting it even tho you may be cut & pasting things from it verbatim. it's exactly what satan did when talking to Jesus during His 40 day fast.
who do you think you're dealing with here, just another limp-wristed apologist?:)
Talking on topix is like talking to satan.
Dumb garbage. Would you like some flamingos
for your front lawn?$10.00
Dog mentality. German? Government? Washington?
Would you like to climb a utility pole?
Children only.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#658695 Sep 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
http://filer.case.edu/dts8/thelastq.htm
This link is just for fun Alan.
Azimov one of my <very few> heros

"Asimov's guide to the bible" is on my "bible shelf".
Nobody

Dallas, TX

#658696 Sep 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to drink a quart of Draino.
You have already drank the draino, you just don't know it.
Nobody

Dallas, TX

#658697 Sep 11, 2013
Nobody wrote:
You people need to prove to God you are a real person. The proof of God is all around you. You folks refuse to see it.
<quoted text>
Those fundietard morons say their faith *is* their proof. They also believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and that the earth is flat. After all, their buybull says so.
What cartoon are you in?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#658699 Sep 11, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
that link is nothing more than another forum with lots of assertions...didn't see anything credible from Hawking posted...
I am not saying he didn't say that, I would just like to read in what context it was said, if he said that...sort like the christians keep posting the einstein quote "god doesn't play dice..."... he was not speaking of a religious god, but the universe.... Einstein clearly stated in writing god was a mental weakness...
There are hundreds of links quoting Hawking from his book. Read a few more of them and perhaps you will find a credible source to share with us.

You certainly are right about the dishonest Christians who keep taking quotes out of context to make it appear that historical figures are as loony tunes as they are.

How long do we have to wait before another pew warming moron for Christ waltzes in here to tell us this is a Christian nation founded upon Christian principles and therefore we should all go to church and worship their imaginary friend?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658700 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> Or something.
Perhaps you can clarify this a bit better?
You exist to cover up errors, contradictions and fallacies in the Bible, a book that claims to be divinely inspired, perfect and error free, and then to look for errors where they do not exist in people who have never claimed to be perfect and with out error.

I am perfectly happy to accept the words of a non-theist with out checking them out. But then I was interested in the question and did some research and discovered that Hawking might have actually said that.

The fact that you could not see that, and tried to use it to discredit me shows you for the kind of person you are.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658701 Sep 11, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
I found this comment on your link... which makes more sense:
He's making an analogy. A rigorous explanation is beyond the generalized audience he had there. Even those with proper background to understand it would probably have been bored -- they came there to see a scientist celebrity, and Hawkings did not disappoint.
For your enlightenment, the 'water' in question is a series of multidimensional branes [wikipedia.org], according to one cosmological theory. The universe may have been created when two branes collided, creating turbulence that manifested as a big bang in our dimensional space. These collisions go on all the time, but like the 'bubbles in boiling water' analogy not all the turbulence creates new universes.
Your next question is 'where did the branes come from'? Branes are mathematical concepts. If someone tells you 1+1=2, you can't really ask where '1' came from. If there is a multiverse it has to have some sort of brane structure, in much the same way as if humans exist they have to have skin.
So the universe was 'created by nothing' in a pretty accurate sense, as a mathematical concept is as close to 'nothing' as anyone is likely to conceive. But in the end, Hawkings' words were chosen for showmanship, not precision.
The important point in all of this is that the Christians are grasping for any straw they can twist and turn into something they can use to claim they are not members of the Lunatic Society. Thanks for sharing this.

Christians will claim that God's words were "chosen for showmanship and not precision" when they try to deceive us into believing the Bible is an authority. What they gloss over is that fact that they claim the Bible is perfect and error free which proves it is divinely inspired.

As far as I know Hawkins, as well as any credible and truthful person, does not go around claiming to be perfect and error free.

For Christians 1+1+1=1. No wonder they are all criminally insane.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658702 Sep 11, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
The 7 note music scale brought forth a unified verse.
The Uni verse.
Sorry, I'm at work, that's the best I can sneak in at the moment.
The seven note music scale was created by men to show that they understood one of the laws that operate the Universe.

Even wonder why there is no black key on the piano between Mi-Fa and Ti Do? It is way to involved for a discussion in a topix discussion.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658703 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Roger.
"IT IS ALL BULL-$HIT... "
But this isn't?

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658704 Sep 11, 2013
Nobody wrote:
You people need to prove to God you are a real person. The proof of God is all around you. You folks refuse to see it.
<quoted text>
Those fundietard morons say their faith *is* their proof. They also believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and that the earth is flat. After all, their buybull says so.
Their Bible also says the sun went backwards in the sky. Anyone stupid enough to believe the Bible is too stupid to be taken seriously.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658705 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Translation: "I'm a truth hater, and I hate thinking. I don't like to think, I don't wanna, and you can't make me! So instead of answering you, I'm gonna play victim instead!"
Good translation. It is extremely accurate.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658706 Sep 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote: dude - quoting the bible out of context
<quoted text>
Translation: "This is what I always say whenever someone uses my own bible against me, and I can't think of a response."
Thank you for the translation, you are an excellent translator. I love it when people show how stupid waaasssuupp makes himself look to all of us.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658707 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you refuse to obey your jesus's rules?
Sometimes he does!

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658708 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
If Redneck doesn't *want* to understand, he never will. He wants his invisible sky daddy, and demands that the rest of us accept it so he can feel better about himself.
And if his God actually exists then he can get away with anything because his God will forgive him, so he believes. Non-theists on the other hand know we are on our own and are responsible for ourselves so we use reason and logic to ponder our situation, always looking for the best answers.

Christians refuse to make the effort to think and leave everything up to their invisible friends which explains why our prisons are full of Christians.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658709 Sep 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="Kaitlin the Wolf Witch"
<quoted text>
You were born with a belief in your invisible sky daddy?
There goes Commandment #9 again. Why do you fundietards all urinate all over the very same ten commandments that you demand the rest of us believe in?[/QUOTE]

Good question! Perhaps the RiversideConArtist will answer it.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#658710 Sep 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You exist to cover up errors, contradictions and fallacies in the Bible, a book that claims to be divinely inspired, perfect and error free, and then to look for errors where they do not exist in people who have never claimed to be perfect and with out error.
I am perfectly happy to accept the words of a non-theist with out checking them out. But then I was interested in the question and did some research and discovered that Hawking might have actually said that.
The fact that you could not see that, and tried to use it to discredit me shows you for the kind of person you are.
You said he was wrong, then you find he did say that, and you didn't say he was wrong anymore, instead launching into an anti-Christian diatribe in the next sentence.

You are a nut case.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658711 Sep 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is born homosexual, not even you.
More proof that you believe lies and are divorced from reality.

(9) "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps" (Prov. 16:9),
(10) "He will carry out what he has planned for me, and of many such matters He is mindful" (Job 23:14 Mod. Lang),
(11) "Only, let every one lead the life which the Lord has assigned to him, and in which God has called him" (1 Cor. 7:17 RSV),
(12) "...your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:16 NIV),
(13) "Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Prov. 20:24),

I love making stupid bigots look stupid.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#658712 Sep 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He was obviously just trying to sell books as the claim was only speculation and not evidence based.
1 COR. 7:36 ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--(American Standard Version)

Here BibleGod tells us that if a heterosexual man wants to molest his virgin daughter, it is not a sin, but he should marry her before he molests her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min Viva Palestine 120,791
Young teenies 1 hr jose 2
Moses never existed 1 hr karl44 1,230
sexy boobs (Jul '14) 2 hr LALIT KUMAR 2
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr karl44 649
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 607,268
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 568,697
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr An NFL Fan 267,633
More from around the web