Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#658933 Sep 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, where abideth thy deity?
Riverside might be completely stupid but he knows not to give out any information that will back himself in to a corner. Good luck getting an answer from him.

Actually the Bible says his God is EVERYWHERE so when the RiversideAnalOrifice says his God is not in the sky he is calling that very same God a liar.

Of course we all know God lies. I have posted the lies!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#658934 Sep 12, 2013
Poo pourri

For Rev. Al and all the other atheists intellectuals in Topix.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#658935 Sep 12, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>Beer. There's none in Heaven. Wait, if Heaven is everywhere, and there is beer here, In Himmel es gibt kein Bier is verkehrt. There, I just proved the non-existence of God.
O Salutaris Hostia

O saving Victim,
slain to bless,
Who opens heaven's
b r I g h t gates
to all;
The attacks of many
a foe oppress;
Give strength in strife,
and help in fall.
To God, the Three in One,
ascend
All thanks and praise
forevermore;
He grants the life
that shall not end,
Upon the heavenly country's
shore. Amen

Location hidden

#658936 Sep 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's freakin awesome, man!
From a biblical and theological perspective what is the most important goal of nearly every Christian? To what end are their efforts directed; what's it all for? In a nutshell, it's to save souls from hell and for HEAVEN. Jesus is only a means to that end; he is not the end itself. The overriding purpose is to ferry people into that realm of eternal bliss known as HEAVEN. All the preaching, all the writing, all the time, effort, and money are geared toward that one overarching, all-encompassing aspiration. But, unfortunately, very few of heaven's adherents have seriously thought about all the problems and ramifications, both biblical and practical, associated with what has come to be known as HEAVEN. They haven't thought it through.

Biblically speaking, there are 7 verses and a parable attributing qualities to heaven that range from unacceptable to loathsome. Why would anyone want to cross its threshhold in light of the following? REV. 12:7 ("And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"). Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place. Yet, it experienced a war. How can there be a war in a perfect place and if it happened before why couldn't it occur again? Why would anyone want to go to a region in which war can occur when that's precisely what most people are trying to avoid. MATT. 11:12 ("And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth and the violent take it by force"). Violence and force in a perfect place? REV. 19:14 ("And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses...."). Again, the antithetical idea of war in heaven. MATT. 11:11 ("...he that is least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than he"). How can heaven, the perfect location, have inequality and levels of status? MATT. 24:35 ("Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away"). The verse clearly states that heaven, like earth, will pass away. Why seek a place that will eventually vanish? Mark 13:31 and Luke 21:33 concur. To forestall the back-to-the-Greek defense and reliance upon the assertion that the word "Heaven" is only referring to the sky above, we should note that it comes from the Greek word "ouranos" which is the only word used for "heaven" in all the gospels. MATT. 13:33 and LUKE 13:20-21 ("...The Kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in 3 measures of meal, till the whole was leavened"). How can heaven be utopian when it's like leaven, a contaminant, as several verses show? 1 COR. 5:8 ("Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth"), LEV. 10:12 ("And Moses spake unto Aaron,...Take the meat offering that remaineth of the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and eat it without leaven...for it must be holy"), 1 COR. 5:6 RSV ("Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?"), LUKE 12:1 ("...he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy"), and MARK 8:15. MATT. 16:19 ("And I will give unto thee the Keys of the Kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven...."). How could people be bound or restrained in a perfect place of freedom? Perhaps it isn't that free?

Location hidden

#658937 Sep 12, 2013
Lastly, we have a parable in MATT. 20:1-16 which clearly demonstrates that heaven is the antithesis of a just environment. Briefly stated, the parable is as follows: Early one morning an estate owner went out and hired some workers for his field at $20 per day. Three, 6, 9, and 11 hours later he hired additional workers. Yet, when everyone was paid that evening, they all received the same amount. In 20:1 Jesus equated this arrangement with heaven. Those who worked the entire day understandably grumbled and Jesus related the dialogue that occurred. "...on receiving it they grumbled at the householder, saying,'These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.' But he replied to one of them,'Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for $20. Take what belongs to you, and go; I choose to give to this last as I give to you. Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me?....'"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#658938 Sep 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He ever puts in an appearance, I will.
In fact, I have many questions.
Only you stop yourself from asking...

Location hidden

#658939 Sep 12, 2013
If that's Heaven, Christians are pursuing the kind of milieu that's all too prevalent on earth today. Like war, it's precisely the kind of condition nearly everyone is trying to avoid. For Jesus to quote the landowner (God) as saying, "Friend I am doing you no wrong" is enough to create rejection of Jesus and heaven.While biblical verses show that heaven is far from desirable, many practical problems show it's far from viable. As with the Flood account (See: Issue 11's Commentary) believers must confront the series of practical questions that are engendered. Very few people have taken the time or effort needed to soberly critique what heaven would entail.

(1) If the number of rewards and/or possessions in heaven is equal regardless of productivity, as Jesus stated in his parable, won't that create dissension and a feeling among many that heaven is not what they expected?

(2) The Bible repeatedly says people will be rewarded according to their works--MATT. 16:27 ("For the Son of man shall come...and then he shall reward every man according to his works"), ROM. 2:6 ("...the righteous judgment of God; who will render to every man according to his deeds"), REV. 22:12 ("...my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be"), PSALM 62:12 ("...for thou renderest to every man according to his work"), REV. 20:12 ("...and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works"), and REV. 20:13 ("...and they were judged every man according to their works"). But where does the rewarding occur since this world is certainly not the locale and there is no biblical basis for an intermediate stage such as Purgatory? Apparently it occurs in heaven. If so, will some people in heaven have 6 cadillacs while others will have only 1 or 2, figuretively speaking? How rewards will be dispensed and in what form is a very practical question that's rarely addressed. Since some people committed more good deeds on earth than others, some mechanism must exist by which some will receive more rewards than others. As a result, the inequality so evident on earth will continue in heaven. The heaven described by Jesus in his parable, on the other hand, is one in which rewards for labor are equal regardless of one's efforts. So which is the true heaven? One in which people receive equal rewards regardless of the amount of effort demonstrated or one in which rewards are greater for those who generated the larger number of good deeds?

Location hidden

#658940 Sep 12, 2013
(3) Will there be rules, laws, and regulations in heaven or does freedom reign unhindered? The obvious question is how people could interact in any form whatsoever without personal constraints.(4) Is everything in heaven abundant and free as is commonly believed? The answer is either yes or no, assuming something is there besides people. In either case, would heaven be synonymous with paradise? Either we would have to work for that which we sought or we would be given that which we didn't earn. The former does not sound that appealing and the latter violates Paul's admonition that, "when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat" (2 Thess. 3:10). Moreover, to say our finite deeds on earth earn us infinitely free rewards in heaven is as unjust as to say our finite sins on earth earn us infinite punishment in hell.(5) Do you continue to learn in heaven or is your knowledge restricted to that which was learned on earth? If your reservoir of information grows, then how could that occur without interaction with something other than people? If growth does not occur, then aren't unequal levels of awareness eternally fixed?(6) How could heaven be a utopia when every inhabitant will be far from perfect? Even those we love the most have undesirable traits and would have to be changed. Everyone who ever lived is far from perfect, so who can think of any person or group with whom they would want to spend an eternity? If personalities are not altered or perfected in heaven, how will you be kept from encountering unpleasantness from those who earned admittance but are displeasing nevertheless. If people are segregated to avoid this dilemma, you'll be alone forever because everyone displays some disagreeable characteristics.(7) In order for heaven to be a state of bliss, won't the memories of its inhabitants have to be stripped of much that occurred on earth? If not, won't unpleasant periodic flashbacks interrupt an otherwise idyllic existence? Or is all recollection of earthly existence extinguished? One can only speculate as to what the latter would do to a person's level of intelligence.(8) Does everyone in heaven have the same degree of intelligence? If not, then aren't unheavenly feelings of inferiority and inadequacy unavoidable?(9) People change dramatically over the years such that the person you are at 10 often has almost nothing to do with the personality you have at age 90. So do you enter heaven as you were at age 2, 32, or 92? And do you continue to age or is it fixed. If the latter, at what age is it fixed, by whom, and on what basis? Could someone's age be fixed at the mental age of a normal 40 year old when he only lived on earth 2 months?(10) When fetuses and infants die and enter heaven, do they stay at that age or do they grow and develop a personality which never existed on earth?(11) Do people reproduce in heaven or is the number anchored forever? If reproduction is not allowed wouldn't those who wanted children feel they were in something other than heaven? Or is the desire to have children abolished? If the number is allowed to increase, how does this occur?(12) If people are created in heaven, how could God be just, since they would be allowed to by-pass the earthly test that everyone must surmount in order to attain heaven. They never accepted Jesus and/or performed good deeds.(13) How will people be recognized in heaven? If everyone has the appearance they died with on earth won't many be saddled with an appearance they wished to improve or eliminate? Or is the appearance of everyone altered as they desire and you are simply told in some manner who is whom? Or is the appearance of everyone completely abolished? One can only guess how you would recognize someone who has no appearance whatever.(14)

Location hidden

#658941 Sep 12, 2013
And finally, if people will be reunited with their relatives and friends in heaven, will they also be able to reunite with animals? Unless people have their memories of what occurred while on earth radically altered or abolished, won't they also yearn to be with the best companions many ever had? How could this occur since biblicists believe animals have neither souls nor immortality? Or is the desire to reunite with earthly things abolished for everything except people?

These are only a few of many questions that must be addressed by those who take heaven seriously and seek to provide a rationale. Queries of this nature aren't immaterial because millions of people are literally staking their lives on heaven's existence. Everything they do and say is done with an eye on that final arena, the expected reward. They should realize that problems as potent as many found throughout the Bible accompany the whole concept.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658942 Sep 12, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>So, where is Heaven. Clearly the authors of the Bible had no idea. Your dodge that Heaven is anywhere Invisible Sky Daddy is fails. Where is Heaven?
Which heaven? The Bible actually talks about three heavens.

I'll give you a hint; The first heaven is where the birds fly and the clouds reside.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658943 Sep 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I have a buddy at work that insists on getting the flu vaccine every year.
Every year he gets the flu.
I never get the flu vaccine.
I've never gotten the flu.
Shaddup wrote:
Confirmation bias and anecdotal evidence. Typical Christian evidence.
No. Facts.

Location hidden

#658944 Sep 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Now why would a deity want to live inside my fridge?
Think, son. Think.
He has nothing to think with.

In Psalm 139:7-11 we are told God is everywhere. If so, why would
God need to come down to earth to see a city (Gen. 11:5) when he is
already here? And how could Satan leave the presence of the Lord (Job
1:12, 2:7)?

Maybe the RiversideAnalOrifice can tell us where Satan went when he left the presence of the Lord remembering that the presence of the Lard is EVERYWHERE!

And still the Christ-insanity-ists feel smug and superiour in what they call "truth". How can that be truth? It is insanity, clearly.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658945 Sep 12, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have no problem drinking a quart of Drano God says you can if you are a believer and you claim to be a believer.
I drink Drano all the time.

Goes great with a lemon twist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658946 Sep 12, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
From a biblical and theological perspective what is the most important goal of nearly every Christian? To what end are their efforts directed; what's it all for? In a nutshell, it's to save souls from hell and for HEAVEN. Jesus is only a means to that end; he is not the end itself. The overriding purpose is to ferry people into that realm of eternal bliss known as HEAVEN. All the preaching, all the writing, all the time, effort, and money are geared toward that one overarching, all-encompassing aspiration. But, unfortunately, very few of heaven's adherents have seriously thought about all the problems and ramifications, both biblical and practical, associated with what has come to be known as HEAVEN. They haven't thought it through.
Biblically speaking, there are 7 verses and a parable attributing qualities to heaven that range from unacceptable to loathsome. Why would anyone want to cross its threshhold in light of the following? REV. 12:7 ("And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"). Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place. Yet, it experienced a war. How can there be a war in a perfect place and if it happened before why couldn't it occur again? Why would anyone want to go to a region in which war can occur when that's precisely what most people are trying to avoid. MATT. 11:12 ("And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth and the violent take it by force"). Violence and force in a perfect place? REV. 19:14 ("And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses...."). Again, the antithetical idea of war in heaven. MATT. 11:11 ("...he that is least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than he"). How can heaven, the perfect location, have inequality and levels of status? MATT. 24:35 ("Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away"). The verse clearly states that heaven, like earth, will pass away. Why seek a place that will eventually vanish? Mark 13:31 and Luke 21:33 concur. To forestall the back-to-the-Greek defense and reliance upon the assertion that the word "Heaven" is only referring to the sky above, we should note that it comes from the Greek word "ouranos" which is the only word used for "heaven" in all the gospels. MATT. 13:33 and LUKE 13:20-21 ("...The Kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in 3 measures of meal, till the whole was leavened"). How can heaven be utopian when it's like leaven, a contaminant, as several verses show? 1 COR. 5:8 ("Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth"), LEV. 10:12 ("And Moses spake unto Aaron,...Take the meat offering that remaineth of the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and eat it without leaven...for it must be holy"), 1 COR. 5:6 RSV ("Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?"), LUKE 12:1 ("...he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy"), and MARK 8:15. MATT. 16:19 ("And I will give unto thee the Keys of the Kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven...."). How could people be bound or restrained in a perfect place of freedom? Perhaps it isn't that free?
At least you could post your source, plagiarist.

http://www.mindserpent.com/American_History/r...

Lol. Seriously?! "Mind serpent"?!?
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658947 Sep 12, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
VATICAN CITY (RNS) Once again breaking with traditional Vatican protocol, Pope Francis on Wednesday (Sept. 11) penned a long letter to the Italian liberal daily La Repubblica to affirm that an “open dialogue free of prejudices” between Christians and atheists is “necessary and precious.”
The only problem with this is that the Vatican has the Bible and deeply held beliefs and they only accept what agrees with those two things. Science looks for answers and does not accept nonsense from that collection of ancient Jewish puppet plays Christ-insanity-ists call the Bible.
Actually, The Vatican has progressed past the crazy American Fungus and has accepted and supports Evolutionary science. Of course, their version has an unnecessary theistic bent, but, even those pointy-hat robe wearers know the science is undeniable.
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658948 Sep 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I have a buddy at work that insists on getting the flu vaccine every year.
Every year he gets the flu.
I never get the flu vaccine.
I've never gotten the flu.
<quoted text>
No. Facts.
Yeah, thanks for confirming, again, you have no idea what facts are.
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658949 Sep 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I drink Drano all the time.
Goes great with a lemon twist.
Another RR 'fact'.
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658950 Sep 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which heaven? The Bible actually talks about three heavens.
I'll give you a hint; The first heaven is where the birds fly and the clouds reside.
I know what it says. It's ambiguous on purpose. You're still dodging the question. It's okay, though. Nothing more is expected of you than to watch you riverdance your life away on Topix.
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658951 Sep 12, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Poo pourri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZKLnhuzh9uYXX
For Rev. Al and all the other atheists intellectuals in Topix.
Writes the theistic anti-intellectual. Still spewing poo.
Shaddup

Haslet, TX

#658952 Sep 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
O Salutaris Hostia
O saving Victim,
slain to bless,
Who opens heaven's
b r I g h t gates
to all;
The attacks of many
a foe oppress;
Give strength in strife,
and help in fall.
To God, the Three in One,
ascend
All thanks and praise
forevermore;
He grants the life
that shall not end,
Upon the heavenly country's
shore. Amen
So, you're a polytheist who has bought the Catholic Nicean heresy. Good job. You're delusions make me laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 min Johnny 812
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min 2all 654,091
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Toby 106,535
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 9 min emz 729
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min WasteWater 2,585
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Aerobatty 64,091
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 618,741
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 281,877
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 hr Clive 80
More from around the web