eternalrock

Denver, CO

#658353 Sep 8, 2013
Bring in the best human thinkers on earth and have them analyze whether their consciousness through their eyes, ears, nose, mouth and skin are the same as what the human brain is supposed to give them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#658354 Sep 8, 2013
eternalrock wrote:
Bring in the best human thinkers on earth and have them analyze whether their consciousness through their eyes, ears, nose, mouth and skin are the same as what the human brain is supposed to give them.
Deciding who the best thinkers are would be the real trick.

Kind of a huge hurdle there.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#658355 Sep 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, anal boy. I'm a woman; you're neither male nor female.
All gods are human constructs, even mine. I never said they weren't.
Thanks for showing us your stupidity again, christian.
But you said you get power from practicing your "religion"...

...snickers...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#658358 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY beneficiary I can see of the strife there in the Middle East are the Islamic fundamentalists. They are the ONLY ones with the hard core cadre to grab power and reassemble society. Divide and destroy the existing societies, and put the pieces back the way they want.
That is one reason I have suspicions about this militant neo-atheism. Useful and disposable idiots
Saudi Arabia doesn't seem to have much of that problem, do they?
I can't believe even the Israeli's are behind this. They are in the middle of it. They will go up in flames. The Chinese and Russians certainly wouldn't benefit. And we sure don't have the resources to occupy the whole area.
Something isn't kosher and something don't make sense.

Dave, I've thought about this to the point of mental exhaustion, and all I know is - I don't know. Too much privy information and daily card shuffling to wager a coherent conclusion.
What I am painfully aware of is this fearful feeling in my gut that if we invade Syria, the ramifications will be much more horrific than what the powers that be are predicting. I see an incursion into Syria as a possible tipping point in the Middle East. Any military intervention from the U.S., no matter how justified,(or not) will once again be seen as another blatant act of aggression, not only by the Middle East, but the rest of the world as well. Why humans continue to defy the lessons which history should have taught us is something I'll never comprehend.

Location hidden

#658359 Sep 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I've thought about this to the point of mental exhaustion, and all I know is - I don't know. Too much privy information and daily card shuffling to wager a coherent conclusion.
What I am painfully aware of is this fearful feeling in my gut that if we invade Syria, the ramifications will be much more horrific than what the powers that be are predicting. I see an incursion into Syria as a possible tipping point in the Middle East. Any military intervention from the U.S., no matter how justified,(or not) will once again be seen as another blatant act of aggression, not only by the Middle East, but the rest of the world as well. Why humans continue to defy the lessons which history should have taught us is something I'll never comprehend.
Pure and simple, it is just totally against our interests to get involved.

But notice the justifications being proffered are secular humanistic principles. This America being the moral police of the world. Quite willing to sacrifice its own wealth and people to bring anarchy to the rest of the world. We have some history with failed nation building.
Parents

Carlsbad, NM

#658360 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul--"Honor thy father and mother: which is the first commandment" (Eph. 6:2)
versus
Jesus--"If any man came to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26).
Our parents hurt us even when they do not mean to.

“Once You Go Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Never Want To Switch!"

#658361 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have nothing to say, but I'm determined to oppose her *somehow.*
Stop lying, Dave; we all know that no woman would ever have you.
<quoted text>
Now, geeze-louise, why don't I believe that?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably related to the reason you can't establish any good relationship.
I can't? That'll come as a surprise to my girlfriend, my family, my friends, my co-workers..... Gee, what valuable insight I'm getting from a pretentious and drunken fartbag who has no life other than mentally masturbating on Topix.

“Once You Go Witch---”

#658362 Sep 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then who *are* you trying to convince, since you said you weren't trying to convince me?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No one.
<quoted text>
You don't understand.
You forgot the part where it says, "If you don't understand, then *I'm* not going to explain it!" just like any other petulant six-year-old.

Translation: "I can't explain, not even to myself."

And another christian fundie goes down in flames. How appropriate.
tremontwed

Pittsburgh, PA

#658363 Sep 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……Well Honey is only sweet before you swallow it but this God is a farth dead as pld bones

“Once You Go Witch---”

#658364 Sep 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you don't know and you're just talking shit.
Good to know.
In other words, I *do* know, I explained to you how I know, and that pisses you off.

How *dare* I be smarter than a christian like you, right? That just doesn't compute with you, does it? Shakes your whole world.

Poor, poor little man.

“Once You Go Witch---”

#658365 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you commanding me to be polite to the christians who rudely and hatefully insult me?
Guess what?
;)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian hate
So you *admit* you hate in the name of your cause; good to know.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
is better than witch love:
You wouldn't know.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"When I shoved it up your azz with my broomstick
<quoted text>
And of course you censored out the hateful post I was responding to; how typically christian of you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I made a statement, not a commandment.
You don't understand
Your "command" was clearly implied, and you know it.

“Once You Go Witch---”

#658366 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, anal boy. I'm a woman; you're neither male nor female.
All gods are human constructs, even mine. I never said they weren't.
Thanks for showing us your stupidity again, christian.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But you said you get power from practicing your "religion"...
...snickers...
Yes, idiot, I said it comes from *within,* not from without.

"I don't have to understand, I'm a christian!" ~ Nanoanalboy

Location hidden

#658367 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have nothing to say, but I'm determined to oppose her *somehow.*
Stop lying, Dave; we all know that no woman would ever have you.
<quoted text>
Now, geeze-louise, why don't I believe that?
<quoted text>
I can't? That'll come as a surprise to my girlfriend, my family, my friends, my co-workers..... Gee, what valuable insight I'm getting from a pretentious and drunken fartbag who has no life other than mentally masturbating on Topix.
Isn't this neat? We get to jerk off together.

Don't tell your girlfriend, she will probably get jealous.

I think you get off more than I do, though.

Old age.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#658368 Sep 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The relevant part is where I told you that you wouldn't understand...
you do not have the authority to rewrite the christian bible

there is no limit to your illness, your delusions or your ego

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#658369 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY beneficiary I can see of the strife there in the Middle East are the Islamic fundamentalists. They are the ONLY ones with the hard core cadre to grab power and reassemble society. Divide and destroy the existing societies, and put the pieces back the way they want.
That is one reason I have suspicions about this militant neo-atheism. Useful and disposable idiots
Saudi Arabia doesn't seem to have much of that problem, do they?
I can't believe even the Israeli's are behind this. They are in the middle of it. They will go up in flames. The Chinese and Russians certainly wouldn't benefit. And we sure don't have the resources to occupy the whole area.
Something isn't kosher and something don't make sense.
Grabbing power (land, money, sources)and religion have always been the reason for war. As a Native American, I know what greed for land and power plus religion did to my ancestors.

There is not a single human being who is 'disposable'. Not if you believe what Jesus said.

Why doesn't the US tell them to fight their own civil/internal wars? How does going over there and killing people teach them not to kill people? It makes not one whit of sense, but the people in the US who own the weapons businesses keep wars at their fingertips. Who would have guessed that just as we are pulling out of two other wars we should never been in that our President and Congress become so eager to start another one. But US citizens have finally awakened and are seeing the truth for a change. We bought the 'WMDs' in Iraq. We bought all the reasons given for all the other wars. I'm hoping President Obama will just say 'Hold up! We have no more money left and I don't think China is going to loan us money for another war!' We can't even provide relief for those who have been devastated by storms. How are we going to put boots on the ground in another war? And President Obama can give us the 'limited strike' BS all he likes, but we know what will happen...the same thing that has happened in every other limited strike. We will have boots on the ground within a month if we move forward with this.

It helps no one except the elite who own the weapons. You know, those weapons we sold to Iraq and Afghanistan and then invaded their country when they used them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#658370 Sep 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But you said you get power from practicing your "religion"...
...snickers...
Do you not get power from yours? If not, why?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#658371 Sep 8, 2013
Gee, what valuable insight I'm getting from a pretentious and drunken fartbag who has no life other than mentally masturbating on Topix.
Look who's talking! The obsessive-compulsive freak who's made nearly twice as many posts in about half the time that Nelson's avatar has, and that's with just this one account that's currently showing. Everyone here has seen you use other monikers as well.

Hypocrite.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#658372 Sep 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you're in trouble when the only country that agrees you should invade Syria is France. We are the most hated country in the world because we have stuck our noses in where we had no business. We have killed hundreds of thousands. Neither one of the countries we are in had anything to do with 9/11, had an WMDs, nor did they attack us in any way. We wanted to place our choice of leaders in those countries, and once again we failed totally in our mission to do anything positive. People have died for nothing. If anything, the situation in both those countries are worse, not better.

This was a wonderful post by you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#658373 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure and simple, it is just totally against our interests to get involved.
But notice the justifications being proffered are secular humanistic principles. This America being the moral police of the world. Quite willing to sacrifice its own wealth and people to bring anarchy to the rest of the world. We have some history with failed nation building.
It's not just 'secular, humanistic principles'. If it were humanistic at all, we would not be thinking of going there and killing people.

I agree that we have little right to be the moral police anywhere. We can't even straighten out our own country. American citizens stand by as more and more rights are taken away. They vote the same people back in election after election (both major parties, not just one of them!) Those people aren't interested in representing the people who elected them. They are all bought and paid for by big corporations, the religious right, the religious left and anyone and everyone who can line their pockets. I am hoping we, as a nation, have sense enough to start petitions in each state to limit our congressmen to 2 terms. If it's good enough for a president, it's good enough for a congressman!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#658375 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You know you're in trouble when the only country that agrees you should invade Syria is France. We are the most hated country in the world because we have stuck our noses in where we had no business. We have killed hundreds of thousands. Neither one of the countries we are in had anything to do with 9/11, had an WMDs, nor did they attack us in any way. We wanted to place our choice of leaders in those countries, and once again we failed totally in our mission to do anything positive. People have died for nothing. If anything, the situation in both those countries are worse, not better.
This was a wonderful post by you.
Fortunately, support for a Syria incursion does seem to be pretty much non-existent. Domestically, as well as internationally - at this point, I doubt anything will happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 555,099
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus 263,658
Bacterial Vaginosis No More Review 39 min Dr_Zorderz 4
Is Pope francis a complete imbeeeeeeeciiiiiile? 52 min andet1987 3
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 1 hr Robert 40
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 1 hr andet1987 40
Gays are Gods Children. (Mar '09) 1 hr andet1987 8
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Jan 1,190
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 603,712
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr arabian 5,444

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE