“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#657916 Sep 5, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Hey everybody!
Double Fine is back.
Since last time, Double Fine has converted to Christianity. Yes... Double Fine can see it all. Why bother with thousands of science books when you only need one!
And then... Perhaps snakes can talk. I mean, it is plausible that it can say words without vocal chords. Maybe it compressed its lungs together to make words, we cannot prove that they can't talk.
Furthermore, Noah's flood completely destroys evolution. It is so blatantly obvious that the earth underwent a massive flood. That is why we see so many dead animals when we dig.
I am sorry? Geologic column? Well, it can all be explained. Fish drowned first in the flood. Dinosaurs drowned second, then the mammals did. Duh.
Also, why have any worries? Atheists are so materialistic. Double Fine decided that all of his worries can be passed onto the Big Man in the Sky. So much more mature. The ten percent of the income is a bit of a kicker, though. Anybody know of religions asking onky 5% or less? Doybke Fine woukd reallt be much obliged.
Lastly, if still you don't believe. Look at a flower. Do any of you really think such beauty is just an assembly of random chemicals and atoms? Look at a banana. Made to fit our hands. It is so obvious now.
It is all so painfully obvious. Let us repent, rejoice in the name of God! Abandon those critical thoughts and just believe!
:)
Hi all. Eyez back
"Fish drowned first."

NICE!!

I'll have to remember this.....*smiles*.....

WB DF!

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#657917 Sep 5, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian chicks put out, though
Catholic chicks put out more.

Albuquerque, NM

#657918 Sep 5, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:

do share with us how you distinguish christians from atheists when you see people helping others....you utilizing some sort of anal probe?
more likely you rely on stupidity, your greatest asset..
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In disaster zones they can be identified giving Bibles as they help victims.
....and all the while - praising a "God" that destroyed people homes and lives.

Albuquerque, NM

#657919 Sep 5, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
politically correct?...standing with christ?.... exactly where are you standing, at the end of the line usually.....certainly not at any school getting a diploma...
well, maybe Densa College
*waves from the end of the line*

Please don't send the so-called "Christians" here - we are happy.

;o)

Albuquerque, NM

#657920 Sep 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let the Owners tell you in their own words:
David Green-Hobby Lobby:
"You’re not just serving yourself. You help others to grow up and you grow with them,”
"To give employees family time, stores close all day on Sundays and at 8 p.m. other days.
These hours benefit Hobby Lobby by attracting quality employees who value time for family"
his business practices are rooted in his deeply held Christian values.He applies these principles to Hobby
Lobby as well as its affiliates: Mardel Christian & Educational Supply, which sells Christian materials,
office supplies and educational products; Hemispheres, retailing home
furnishings; and Bearing Fruit Entertainment, a nonprofit communications company that promotes the relevance of
biblical teachings through advertising and filmmaking Green stands on his principles even when they pinch
his pocketbook. The highest-profile example, of course, is store closures on Sundays since 1998, which
jeopardized $100 million a year in sales on what was the busiest day of the week.
Mrs Chang-Forever 21:
Mrs. Chang told Business Week last year that the store had religious roots, citing that "God told her she should
open a store and that she would be successful."
John Tyson- Tyson foods:
John Tyson speaks openly about his Christian beliefs, and the company's core values say that it "strives to honor
God" and "be a faith-friendly company."
Norm Miller-Interstate Batteries:
he mission is "to glorify God as we supply our customers worldwide with top quality, value-priced batteries,
related electrical power-source products, and distribution services."
Profiteers off of Jesus and "God". Really?

Who would have thought.

I wonder what Jesus thinks about others making money off him?

Albuquerque, NM

#657921 Sep 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever you're doing, following satan will only lead you to where satan is destined;)
Where is that?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#657922 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Profiteers off of Jesus and "God". Really?
Who would have thought.
I wonder what Jesus thinks about others making money off him?
I believe that Jesus would have been ok with it. Jesus's message is about Priorities.

The Issue I believe is not the Money itself, but the Love of that money and the greed of that money that would get in the way of worshiping God. It's a person's love of money above all else that is the problem.

#657923 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Where is that?
Just after you make that "Right" at Albuquerque.
If you hit Pismo Beach, then you've gone too far.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#657924 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
How 'bout this one for the so-called "Christians":
Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.
Good luck ever getting a serious answer from any pew warming Christian. They can't be honest because to do so they have to admit that their religion is a complete fraud and none of them have the decency to admit to the truth.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#657925 Sep 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Jesus would have been ok with it. Jesus's message is about Priorities.
The Issue I believe is not the Money itself, but the Love of that money and the greed of that money that would get in the way of worshiping God. It's a person's love of money above all else that is the problem.
How do you know anything about Jesus, other than what you read in the Bible?

Can the Bible be trusted? No, it can't.

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not tast of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" (Matt. 6:28) and "he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not tast of death, till they have seen the Kingdom of God come with power" (Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27). These prophecies show Christ's coming was to occur during the life of then existing persons. Yet, when did the Kingdom of God come with power? Second Peter 3:8 ("But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day") can't be invoked to escape from the problem because Jesus repeatedly stated that his contemporaries would see his return. All of them have long since passed away and people still await the Kingdom of God.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#657926 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's apply your logic to Christianity.....shall we?
Christianity teaches you to believe in Jesus.
You don't accept any of the non-canonical teachings by Jesus.
Therefore, you don't believe Jesus.
Christianity teaches them to sell their computers and give the money to the poor and then after having done that, then they are to follow Jesus. Everyday they post here in this discussion each and every "Christian" is saying "SCREW YOU JESUS! I'll do what I want, not what you say."

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

Albuquerque, NM

#657927 Sep 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think "Jesus will be ok with it"?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#657929 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll undoubtedly disagree with this one:
It is wrong to kill innocent human beings.
Fetuses are innocent human beings.
Therefore, it is wrong to kill fetuses.
RR and his fellow pew warmers vigorously oppose abortion, but have been hard-pressed to find a biblical statement to corroborate their position. In their determination they have been forced to rely upon an exceedingly weak section stating that if two men are fighting and one injures a pregnant woman in the process, he shall repay her according to the degree of injury inflicted on her, not the fetus.

"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth...."--Ex. 21:22-24.

Albuquerque, NM

#657930 Sep 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just after you make that "Right" at Albuquerque.
If you hit Pismo Beach, then you've gone too far.
Hey now - no quoting Bugs Bunny, he hasn't been deemed inspired!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#657931 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll undoubtedly disagree with this one:
It is wrong to kill innocent human beings.
Fetuses are innocent human beings.
Therefore, it is wrong to kill fetuses.
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

How can it be wrong to kill innocent human beings when God says there is a time for it?

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

If a woman and her doctor agree to do an abortion Jesus tells us his father in heaven will accept it.

Once again RR you speak against biblical teachings. You are not now, nor have you ever been, a Christian.

Albuquerque, NM

#657932 Sep 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck ever getting a serious answer from any pew warming Christian. They can't be honest because to do so they have to admit that their religion is a complete fraud and none of them have the decency to admit to the truth.
I totally agree - honesty is quite the find in Christianity.

One requires to dig deep within themselves to find it, and then have the balls to use it. Many so-called "Christians" are just plain afraid to take on this exact task that not only "Paul" instructs, but so does Jesus.

It will be their downfall.

But...and there is always a but, huh?.....the dismay is short lived if one allows it to be so.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#657933 Sep 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when science had discovered and said was true the:
The Discovery of Vulcan in orbit between Venus and Mars.
Spontaneous generation
Expanding Earth
Phlogiston Theory
Martian Canals
Luminiferous Aether
Blank slate memory
Phrenology
Einstein's static universe
Fleischmans and Pons cold fusion
Yup..... I concur.
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

It is your Bible that can not be trusted.

Albuquerque, NM

#657935 Sep 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity teaches them to sell their computers and give the money to the poor and then after having done that, then they are to follow Jesus. Everyday they post here in this discussion each and every "Christian" is saying "SCREW YOU JESUS! I'll do what I want, not what you say."
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
Self fits nicely - including into the teachings of Jesus.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

The Bible needs a rewrite. The Protagonist isn't quite completely defined and the Antagonist is characterized by so many. That only works for the uninformed.

#657936 Sep 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know anything about Jesus, other than what you read in the Bible?......
That's what I have to go on. I have to have faith in what I believe in. So I go with it.

#657937 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey now - no quoting Bugs Bunny, he hasn't been deemed inspired!
Sorry LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Porkpie Hat 259,330
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Aquarius-WY 542,248
Mars Colony....NFL's Adrian Peterson....ISIS...... 18 min End Of Days 6
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Eagle 12 227,455
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 23 min Mandela 36,874
comparison of breast (Oct '12) 34 min Jeanne from Bidde... 39
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 601,063
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 95,465
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Catcher1 173,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••