Prove there's a god.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#658385 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I hear Obama is trying to sell a military strike and that he will be talking about it this week, but congress and the people are against it already. I sure don't want us to get into anymore bs wars. It sad those people were killed by nerve gas, especially those children, but we don't know who did it.
And we would have to be insane to go to war on Al-Qaeda's side.
This whole Syria thing is gonna be one big clusterf*ck. The best thing we can do is send humanitarian aid to the refugees who have left the country, and let the combatants fight it out for themselves. If Al-Qaeda wins,*then* we can step in and bomb the f*ck out of 'em.

No boots on the ground. It isn't our war, it isn't necessary.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#658386 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I hear Obama is trying to sell a military strike and that he will be talking about it this week, but congress and the people are against it already. I sure don't want us to get into anymore bs wars. It sad those people were killed by nerve gas, especially those children, but we don't know who did it.
And if you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Assad did it?

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#658387 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Saudi Arabia would love to see it. They will even pay for it.

The rebels are Sunni.

I understand there is another player in the game, the Muslim Brotherhood. They were were formed after the Ottoman Empire and the Caliphate collapsed, about the same time as Turkey went officially secular. They are Sunni and want an Islamic state, but a democratically elected one. A Turkey with a state religion, Sunni Islam. This does not set well with Saudi Arabia, which is a very strict monarchy. They may be useful at times, but very expendable to the Saudis.

The royal family is fighting for survival. Keep your neighbors and enemies in turmoil until you can slip in and gain control. They have a trump card being the center of the religion. They don't have to follow it themselves, but it can come in handy. Did I say they also have LOTS of money? Bet a large portion of the stock market depends on it.

Look at the politicians supporting the action and you will see those in their pocket. We really have no interests as a nation worth getting involved. Some multinational companies might.

La Veta, CO

#658388 Sep 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have nothing to say, but I'm determined to oppose her *somehow.*
Stop lying, Dave; we all know that no woman would ever have you.
<quoted text>
Now, geeze-louise, why don't I believe that?
<quoted text>
I can't? That'll come as a surprise to my girlfriend, my family, my friends, my co-workers..... Gee, what valuable insight I'm getting from a pretentious and drunken fartbag who has no life other than mentally masturbating on Topix.
<quoted text>
You're the only one who's jerking off. Well, you and nano.
And RR.
And BobLowBrow. And...
Suddenly, I feel like I'm in a Monty Python movie.
You are in the middle of it.

We know you love the attention.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#658389 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Assad did it?
Put it to the UN.

Catcher1

United States

#658390 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it to the UN.
And if you know the UN will do nothing because China and Russia will veto?

La Veta, CO

#658391 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it to the American public, and not elected officials in the pocket of special interests. Or self-appointed moralists like you.

Why do you wish to impose your morality on the world. At our expense?

Catcher1

United States

#658392 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it to the American public, and not elected officials in the pocket of special interests. Or self-appointed moralists like you.
I'm not a fan of crimes against humanity.

La Veta, CO

#658393 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a fan of crimes against humanity.
Come up with absolute proof they did it.

If you are really passionate about it, then get a rifle and go over there. Put your skin in the game instead of some other Americans.

Catcher1

United States

#658394 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Come up with absolute proof they did it.
If you are really passionate about it, then get a rifle and go over there. Put your skin in the game instead of some other Americans.
Landing soon.

Later.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#658395 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you only have a few more years before you take the EM train to Bubbletown.

Why would I need your vote to decide my future?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#658396 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the evidence is there that WMDs were used they wouldn't veto but not cast a vote. The problem is they likely would vote because of the Iraq WMD fiasco. I'm afraid however without proof and without the support of the UN we would be forced to stand down.

La Veta, CO

#658397 Sep 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you only have a few more years before you take the EM train to Bubbletown.
Why would I need your vote to decide my future?
Your future?

What about the future of everyone else?

Let them decide.

That is a serious powder keg over there, and there HAS NOT been conclusive evidence it was ordered by Assad. Just assurances he had to be guilty and a rush to lynch.

Turkey and the Arab countries have air forces quite capable of doing the same damage. We can sell them the right stuff if they need it. Turkey is a NATO ally, and other buy military hardware.

Let THEM put their skin in the game.

Why our men and material?

A few Russian MIGs in the sky in defense of an ally can escalate the hell out of that attack.

Like the Russians and everyone else says, show us the proof. Putin has said if we do they may sanction it. Unilateral action with no proof is not a good course to take with him. Do not forget we have a huge portion of our combat forces on Russia's back door. Vulnerable. They aren't geared to attack Russia. That is a serious gamble to take.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#658398 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If the evidence is there that WMDs were used they wouldn't veto but not cast a vote. The problem is they likely would vote because of the Iraq WMD fiasco. I'm afraid however without proof and without the support of the UN we would be forced to stand down.
Obama will not stand down. He can't. He made the stupid "Red Line" statement and now he has to act.

Who's going to pay for this bullshit?

I am.

La Veta, CO

#658399 Sep 8, 2013
Pure and simple, we have no legal right to unilaterally attack Syria. None.

That has to go through the UN.

That is a bum's rush for who knows whose purpose, but certainly not ours.

I do have to hand it to Obama that he had second thoughts and slowed that down. I think he is a good man with a good head, but he is surrounded by vipers.

Goodnight.

La Veta, CO

#658400 Sep 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will not stand down. He can't. He made the stupid "Red Line" statement and now he has to act.
Who's going to pay for this bullshit?
I am.
I think he will.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#658401 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he will.
I hope so, Dave.

I do.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#658402 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The question is, will Obama invade without the authority of Congress just so he can save face? If so, he might well face impeachment.
I almost hope he tries.
"Invade"? No, I seriously doubt that.

Drone strikes are a possibility, but even that would be massively unwise.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#658403 Sep 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it to the UN.
Worse than useless. IMO.
Greens - Tuf

Annandale, Australia

#658404 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he will.

It's time to put up or shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 683,846
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min CodeTalker 16,695
Venting Against FAKE Americans 22 min mama pat 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Born Again Past JW 619,698
Looking for girls to snapchat 1 hr butterfly10161964 2
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 4 hr Urka Burka Figurka 41
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web