Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#658215 Sep 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are yuo trying to convince others of your beliefs?
More mumbo jumbo from the RiversideConArtist. It is not my "belief" that the people who translated the 233 different versions of the Bible into English were paid professionals who are authorities on ancient languages.

It is a fact.

As usual you twisted what I said into something I did not say, how "riverside" of you.

It is also a fact that it is a waste of time to assert that these paid, professional authorities got it wrong. I trust the fact that they are the authorities and you are not! And it doesn't matter if they are translating the Bible or some other ancient text.

If you don't like what the translators translated, then take it up with them. It always amazes me how ignorant pew warming Christians always insist they know more than the paid professional authorities know.

Location hidden

#658216 Sep 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible language speaks of the spirit world as more valid/eternal than the temporal/physical world. therefore and as one born-again by the spirit of God, i can say both things; i have never seen the physical Christ/God since i live over 2,000 years post advent, but i do speak with Him face-to-face and see Him with my spirit/mind's eye.
so let's talk about 'truth': i say that a certain Individual personified Truth so much so that the world couldn't bear it and therefore corporatley conspired to sentence Him to death.
what would your one sentence definition of truth be?:)
Do you know what an unconvincing assertion is? Your post is an excellent example. What is wrong with you that you can't grasp the fact that just saying something doesn't prove it is true. Repeating something that someone told you is the truth does not mean that it is the truth. You really are not able to grasp what I have explained to you a dozen times now. I only repeat myself because I know how many people are 'lurking' here reading my replies to your inability to separate fact from hearsay.

Do you want to get anywhere with me? If so, please explain how you understand what a fact is, and what hearsay is, and please provide examples. Actually I would welcome an explanation from any one who wants to help clarify the difference between the two.

Location hidden

#658217 Sep 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
of course that's how his enemies would see it!
it all started with the first lie "God knows that if you eat of the fruit you will become like gods knowing good and evil"
in actuality, they were like God, being and knowing only goodness before eating, but since after, we've become more like satan and you!:)
Another baseless unsupportable and unconvincing assertion.

What qualifies you to tell me about God?

What qualifies you to explain the Bible to me?

Anyone, anyone?

Location hidden

#658218 Sep 7, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proven that "you" care what he thinks, you have been motivated into replying because the comment has stirred you're emotions , that's how it works, the Universe thanks you for it .
If we all stood on common ground and all looked identical would that make you happy?
Would that bring out the emotions?
You pretend that there is a single "you" that is running the show, when the facts do not support that. We could do an experiment to show you what the truth is, that you are a multitude of contradictory ego's each taking their turn speaking for the whole AS IF your were a single individual ego.

Inside you a game of "king of the mountain" continuously plays out, each of your separate and independent ego "I"s takes it turn being on top of the mountain and speaking for the whole only to be knocked off and replaced by another ego "I" who pretends it is the only king in the machine.

When your emotional ego I's are King the majority of the time, you are lopsided, and are an emotionally dominated being, meaning that you are not have balance with your physical/instinctive ego I's and your intellectual ego I's. You are unbalanced. You are in need of a repair shop that specializes in flesh and blood machines.

We have such shops all over the world.

Location hidden

#658219 Sep 7, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree.
Who cares what a broken mad machine in need of repair agrees with!

Location hidden

#658220 Sep 7, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows what is in the intentions of GOD.
Thou shalt not tempt the lord, thy GOD.
Unconvincing and unsupportable assertions; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD!

Location hidden

#658221 Sep 7, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Most Roman Catholics are not parrots.
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"

Location hidden

#658222 Sep 7, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Most Roman Catholics can be trusted (and more so) to cross the street and buy you a newspaper.
You need to listen to yourself and pay attention to your rantings to understand who is going berserk anytime anyone approaches your cage. Most people do not believe that they are superior people to those around them. But you apparently do. Hyprocrite.
Paul--"Honor thy father and mother: which is the first commandment" (Eph. 6:2)

versus

Jesus--"If any man came to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26).
Bongo

United States

#658224 Sep 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dullard. You bore me.
Walk west,'til your hat floats.
I can understand you being bored since every normal person you meet thinks the same things about you. Soreasskate, rimming by night , cage cleaning by day. Hell, even filthy powerless witches gotta make a living.
Bongo

United States

#658226 Sep 7, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>07Sep13.....Hello to Bongo.
Great to see you are still giving hell to these eeejits.
BobLoblah hasn't forgotten you.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Glad to see you back, Hope you had a nice time in china? Or upstate?I think. The reprobates are running amuck, if you and the poster of the year return id like that.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#658227 Sep 7, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>07Sep13.....Hello to Bongo.
Great to see you are still giving hell to these eeejits.
BobLoblah hasn't forgotten you.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You imply disparity , where there is none.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658228 Sep 7, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>07Sep13.....
Christians give more money and aid and assistance to those who need it than any other group or organization on this planet.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
How would you know, BlowJobBob? Atheists don't brag the way you fundietards do. You christurds are so fond of telling everyone, "Remember who helped you; you owe us now by accepting our religion."

No non-christian ever does that. We help because it's the right thing to do, and we don't brag about it.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658229 Sep 7, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>07Sep13....
Using the word 'awesome' as it is used today indicates the IQ of the idiot using it.
So why are you such an idiot?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658230 Sep 7, 2013
-BlowJobBob- wrote:
...Kate --
You have nothing to say. Shut up.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658231 Sep 7, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
More anti-Christian ranting, full of nasty rages and hatred. Your strong NEED to fight Christianity is making you look like a baffoon more and more each day.
You are an epic failure not only as an atheist (and don't lie and say you're not an atheist), but as a human.
We can only hope you end up behind bars .
Still having trouble getting that rifle, Porter?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658232 Sep 7, 2013
BobLoblah- wrote:
Christians give more money and aid and assistance to those who need it than any other group or organization on this planet.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that
and
what they give out ain't free
Exactly. Donations from fundie christian organizations always come with strings attached. Not so, with pagans and atheists.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658233 Sep 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
she is not an atheist ... she is a witch
come-to-think-of-it neither am I
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't much of anything.
Yet he's still a hell of a lot more than you.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658234 Sep 7, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a sexual deviant trolling chat rooms for young boys.
Projection.
1stHALFofTRIB

AOL

#658235 Sep 7, 2013

BIBLE's "Silence in Heaven" ID's RAPTURE timing >

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#658236 Sep 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are yuo trying to convince others of your beliefs?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
More mumbo jumbo from the RiversideConArtist. It is not my "belief" that the people who translated the 233 different versions of the Bible into English were paid professionals who are authorities on ancient languages.
It is a fact.
As usual you twisted what I said into something I did not say, how "riverside" of you.
It's all he's got. He's desperate to prove himself "right," and he'll lie anyway he can to do it. He tells himself it's fair play for him to alter other people's posts, or to flat out falsify them and put other people's name on them; but if, as a result, one of his victims returns the favor, he screams foul.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>It is also a fact that it is a waste of time to assert that these paid, professional authorities got it wrong. I trust the fact that they are the authorities and you are not! And it doesn't matter if they are translating the Bible or some other ancient text.
If you don't like what the translators translated, then take it up with them. It always amazes me how ignorant pew warming Christians always insist they know more than the paid professional authorities know.
Oo-rah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min LAWEST100 653,667
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Earthling- 63,334
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min crucifiedguy 281,824
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 41 min Katie_Anderson14 14
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 41 min Katie_Anderson14 30
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 1 hr WasteWater 17
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr DebraE 106,474
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 618,747
More from around the web