Prove there's a god.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#658267 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Witches aren't known for hygiene and grooming.
Go knap some flint and shave your underarms, legs, and snatch.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#658268 Sep 8, 2013
http://esoterx.com/2013/09/06/world-war-zero-...

Apparently a scholarly work on history. Read it.

Scholars know the truth. Just ask one.

La Veta, CO

#658269 Sep 8, 2013
"“The human head is bigger than the globe. It conceives itself as containing more. It can think and rethink itself and ourselves from any desired point outside the gravitational pull of the earth. It starts by writing one thing and later reads itself as something else. The human head is monstrous.”"
--Günter Grass, German Novelist

http://esoterx.com/esoterx-public-service-ann...

La Veta, CO

#658270 Sep 8, 2013

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#658271 Sep 8, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do believe there is a single me running my show.
The multitude of contradictory ego's you mention would belong to the other 7 billion material beings living on this planet.
Which one of your ego I's is it that believes it is the only one?

And why would you or anyone care what it believed?

Location hidden

#658272 Sep 8, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
I care to disagree.
Which 'ego I' is it that disagrees?

Do you know people [because you do not know yourself] who assert and promise themselves, say, that they are going to get up early the next morning and exercise before going to work? I do. And each morning the alarm clock goes off and maybe the first morning they get up and actually do it but the next morning they reach over and turn the alarm clock off and go back to sleep.

You call this 'changing your mind'. And you say, "I changed my mind." And you believe that because that is how you perceive yourself and the world you live in. I say this is evidence that the 'ego I' that made the assertion to wake up early and exercise is a different 'ego I' that wakes up, turns off the alarm clock and goes back to sleep with out exercising.

The part of your self [an 'ego I'] that promises to not have a second piece of pie for dessert is not the same part of yourself that eats that second piece of pie.

And then you say things like, "oh, I forgot" and that is what you really believe, because everyone believes it. But the truth is that some of, or groups of ego I's know something and others don't.

A real human being has only one single individual I. And that "I" knows everything that a human being knows, all at once, all at the same time. When a real human being says it will get up early the next morning it gets up the next morning early because it a harmonious unity, a single individual being and not a garbage can full of millions of contradictory little ego I's each taking turn speaking for the whole.

You can agree or disagree, or do what a real person would do and that is to experiment and verify if what I say is true or false. If you verify you do not have to believe anything, you will know and no one can take that knowledge from you.

Location hidden

#658273 Sep 8, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" is just a word , a man made word.
Can you claim " there is no such thing as energy?"
How would you explain what non destructive energy is
What word is not man made?

La Veta, CO

#658274 Sep 8, 2013
Something is going on with the internet since yesterday. Links aren't connecting to Reuters from Drudge Report, as are some other sites regarding Syria and global warming. Even getting failed links searching within Reuters.

Anyone else notice some links not working?

Location hidden

#658275 Sep 8, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
This is proof that anti-Christians (atheists) cannot be good (or happy) without God.
This is proof that Christians make things up because the truth is Atheists are better people than believers and are happier and get divorced less.

There are more Christians in our prisons than in the general public running around loose and Baptists have the highest divorce rate of any group in America.

La Veta, CO

#658276 Sep 8, 2013
Hmmm, seems to be a problem with Firefox. Just had a kernel upgrade on Ubuntu linux that may have affected it adversely.

I hate that.

La Veta, CO

#658277 Sep 8, 2013
"There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.
In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...

""It's certainly a head scratcher," said Masters, who said he thought wind shear had been near normal this year and warmer than average sea temperatures in the Atlantic favored storms.

He noted that dry air, from Africa as well as rarely mentioned flows associated with an extreme drought in northeast Brazil, may be a factor "helping to shut down this year's hurricane season.""

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/07/us-...

Hurricane season is a bit of a dud so far.

EM, I tell you, it's all in the EM.:-)

Location hidden

#658278 Sep 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to convince others of your beliefs?
Thank you for demonstrating and proving once again that you do not know the difference between a fact and a belief.

I enjoy showing the world that believers like you are divorced from reality and that everything they believe in and assert is pure nonsense that results from being in a delusional state divorced from reality.

Location hidden

#658279 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Something is going on with the internet since yesterday. Links aren't connecting to Reuters from Drudge Report, as are some other sites regarding Syria and global warming. Even getting failed links searching within Reuters.
Anyone else notice some links not working?
Yes, and I also notice Topix is slower than the creeping crud.

Location hidden

#658280 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmm, seems to be a problem with Firefox. Just had a kernel upgrade on Ubuntu linux that may have affected it adversely.
I hate that.
Firefox has been having lots of problems. Maybe it is Firefox and not Topic that I am having difficulty with. The pop up blocker seems to be having lots of problems and advertisements loading are slowing everything down. Some days only about half the annoying pop ups are blocked. Some days it has been so bad I have had to return to IE.

La Veta, CO

#658281 Sep 8, 2013
Hmmm...cleared all my cookies and site stuff in Firfox and it may have cleated the problem about the links.

But, anywho. Lovely thing about theoretical science and whether you are going to heaven or not. It is so flexible. If it turns out to be wrong, just change it. Easy. So what if a few billion souls may have had a chance for an afterlife based upon the proclamations of a few that SHOUT LOUDLY that science says this or science says that. When "sceince" never said such a thin gin the first place. Just those with an agenda.

Yep, you never know what they will come up with next.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#658282 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
"There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.
In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...
""It's certainly a head scratcher," said Masters, who said he thought wind shear had been near normal this year and warmer than average sea temperatures in the Atlantic favored storms.
He noted that dry air, from Africa as well as rarely mentioned flows associated with an extreme drought in northeast Brazil, may be a factor "helping to shut down this year's hurricane season.""
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/07/us-...
Hurricane season is a bit of a dud so far.
EM, I tell you, it's all in the EM.:-)
You always fall for the hype Dave. Sea is is up from last years ALL TIME LOW, but is still declining overall.

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

La Veta, CO

#658283 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Firefox has been having lots of problems. Maybe it is Firefox and not Topic that I am having difficulty with. The pop up blocker seems to be having lots of problems and advertisements loading are slowing everything down. Some days only about half the annoying pop ups are blocked. Some days it has been so bad I have had to return to IE.
I spoke too soon about the deleting history and cookies. Worked for a few and now messed up again. Even the linux Chromium is hanging now. Topix works fine for me, as do most sites. Just seems to be a certain political aspect about those I have trouble accessing. Syria and global warming.

La Veta, CO

#658284 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You always fall for the hype Dave. Sea is is up from last years ALL TIME LOW, but is still declining overall.
The heat transfer from global warming does not seem to be going to plan.

Peltier-Seebeck Effect on the global scale. EM, not just clouds. EM is the basis of all motion other than gravity. Even then it is related.

Specialized fields of study tend to ignore the underlying causation on the atomic level, which are actually reactions to external forces.

Glad I have warm clothing.

La Veta, CO

#658285 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that an ALL TIME LOW, or just since the satellite imaging started?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#658286 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

Thank you for demonstrating and proving once again that you do not know the difference between a fact and a belief.
Oh, wise one. Please demonstrate how this:

"Reverend Alan wrote:
Unconvincing and unsupportable assertions; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD!"

... Is a fact and not a belief.

Go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min swampmudd 15,287
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 683,544
Sex 1 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 4 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 6 hr Jakedover34 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr Student 46,264
More from around the web