Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#658037 Sep 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"cyber-trim"??
that's my term for internet nookie - lol:)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#658038 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Why do you believe anything for which there is no evidence? If you look at all the lame "answers" your fellow biblicists dream up which explain nothing that should at the very least make you question much of what you have been told about God.
And where did the people who told you about God get their information?
Haven't we already established that you do not accept the Bible as a source to tell you about God?
It's called "Faith" Alan.
Faith is an expression of hope for something better even if it is unseen.

We all (even an atheist) acts in faith when the world offers no guarantee, no certainty. No one knows what kind of life an infant will have, yet people continue to have children. No one can know how life with our mates will turn out, yet we continue to have faith our relationships will last a lifetime.

However, when we as Christians act out on our faith, it is the evidence of things not seen. Faith is the source of a Christian's strength and that belief places us in God's plan for mankind. Through our faith Christians anticipate the future of God's promises and act in faith in our day to day activity knowing that we are in God's plan.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#658039 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dear Allen, the #1 "rule" on which the New Covenant is founded on, is to believe on the Name of the Son of God.
I BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD - waaasssuuup
now what accusation do you have against me?:)
You "believe" what you want to believe, and you ignore what you want to ignore. There is nothing "godly" about it, it is all just your subjectivity.

How can you believe Jesus is God and then not obey his commands?

JESUS: John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Now I'll post one of Jesus' commandments to prove you hate him.

JESUS: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);

You prove you hate Jesus when you make up lies to get out of obeying his direct, clear commandments.

You can not be taken any more seriously than the child molester who tells the parole board I am cured and I will never touch children again. Why is pretending more important than reality to you biblicists?

Can you think of any reason any non-theist should take your assertions seriously? If you can dream one up please share it so we can see that you are divorced from reality. If you will recall, I have been dealing with you Christians and I know where you fall short, where your unconvincing assertions can not be supported. But it is fun to watch your squirm.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#658040 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
That verse has been explained to you at least three times and yet you still post it as if no one's seen it before....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#658041 Sep 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. I love you, man. If you can't accept any new teachings and if you can't learn anything new, then you're just a lost cause.
you're a good man, bro and we can only do what we can....

#658042 Sep 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"cyber-trim"??
Some kind of weight loss plan I think......

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#658043 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
The alleged spirit of God is EVERYWHERE, how can Jesus of saturated the atmosphere when it was already saturated?
I can't understand how anyone can let other people tell them things and then believe them with out question never verifying if they are true, then attacking and insulting people who were not as stupid and did not fall for the hearsay.
All you have is what other people told you. I see your lack of evidence and I see the questions the anti-theists ask you with your inability to answer them, or, your deceptive dishonest replies, what you call your "answers."
Bad Christian behaviour is what first interested me in how seemingly intelligent adults could be so stupid and mean about a God for which there is no evidence that it exists.
Christians made me hate them and their stupid book with all its silly contradictions.
like Jesus said; until you hate your (fallen/godless) life, you'll never find it nor understand what it means to be a disciple/follower of Christ. what more can i add?

Location hidden

#658044 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beat this: why don't you obey your own god's rules?"
see previous post and concede defeat like the honest and noble chap that you fancy yourself to be....:-)
Answers like that waaasssuuup are why non-theists hate you. Why don't you answer the question? I have asked it myself about a hundred times in this thread alone.

Why do you prove to us that you do not trust the Bible? You do so each time you refuse to obey a clear cut command. If you took your Bible seriously and demonstrated sinless perfection you might get us to say,'wow, there is something real to Christianity.'

Instead you prove you do not believe it nor trust it. Since you a certifiable loony tune believer do not believe the silly Bible, there is more reason to reject it than accept it.

You are your own worst enemy.

Location hidden

#658045 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> you don't believe Jesus and i do (
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

When you claim you believe Jesus and then ignore his commandments you prove you are a liar waaasssuuup. You do not believe Jesus any more than I do, why keep repeating your lies. And that is exactly what your assertions are, lies.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#658046 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Let's recap the discussion.....
waaasssuuup wrote:
whatever you're doing, following satan will only lead you to where satan is destined;)
New Age wrote:
Where's that?
<quoted text>
So if I don't follow and believe what man wrote, I will follow "Satan" to where he is destined.....but yet you haven't disclosed that location yet.
I get it.....you are diverting again, because you haven't an answer.
Typical Catholic.
lol - you seem to be mistaking me for an apologetic wimp. i'm not, i'm a possessor and professor of Life!

if you want to know what the bible says about where satan is destined then pick it up and find it for yourself!

Location hidden

#658047 Sep 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil? Lost in translation. Look up the original Hebrew word "Ra'" used in the original texts.
You are asserting that the translators who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages got it wrong. If you have a problem with what a word really should have been translated as take it up with the paid professional translators, I trust them, I do not trust you.

The other part of your ploy is that the autographs [the originals] exist. No one has ever seen them so it is safe to say they are long gone if they ever even existed.

If it says evil, I accept the word evil, why must you do mental gymnastics to make God look presentable? Your dog and pony show is unacceptable and wholly unconvincing.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#658048 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You "believe" what you want to believe, and you ignore what you want to ignore. There is nothing "godly" about it, it is all just your subjectivity.
How can you believe Jesus is God and then not obey his commands?
JESUS: John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Now I'll post one of Jesus' commandments to prove you hate him.
JESUS: "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
You prove you hate Jesus when you make up lies to get out of obeying his direct, clear commandments.
You can not be taken any more seriously than the child molester who tells the parole board I am cured and I will never touch children again. Why is pretending more important than reality to you biblicists?
Can you think of any reason any non-theist should take your assertions seriously? If you can dream one up please share it so we can see that you are divorced from reality. If you will recall, I have been dealing with you Christians and I know where you fall short, where your unconvincing assertions can not be supported. But it is fun to watch your squirm.
i'm like my Lord in that when satan and/or a satanist quotes scripture at me to tell me what to do, i say "get thee behind me satan and al!";)

#658049 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asserting that the translators who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages got it wrong. If you have a problem with what a word really should have been translated as take it up with the paid professional translators, I trust them, I do not trust you.
The other part of your ploy is that the autographs [the originals] exist. No one has ever seen them so it is safe to say they are long gone if they ever even existed.
If it says evil, I accept the word evil, why must you do mental gymnastics to make God look presentable? Your dog and pony show is unacceptable and wholly unconvincing.
I never asked you to trust me. I only asked you to look it up.

Location hidden

#658050 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> by bullying the people who you think aren't supposed to fight back!;-)

That is what is all about to you isn't it waaasssuuuppp you do not see that the discussion is to get to the truth, and you can't deal with the truth so you pretend you are being unfairly attacked and that you must defend your self by getting even.

WRONG on all accounts. I post bible quotes which prove you are an insane liar. How can you defend being a liar? You can't so you make up problems to deal with so as to avoid the ones that actually exist.

Please tell me if any one has ever seen God's face:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

The only acceptable answer is that the Bible obviously contains errors and contradictions and you can not answer the question using the Bible.

With out the Bible you have your own deeply held belief, but it does not correspond to biblical teachings which teach that someone say gods face and his life was preserved and at the same time if someone sees gods face he will die.

This is proof that you refuse to be honest. You are not on equal footing with the non-theists waaasssuuuppp, you have already lost and you are too stupid and dishonest to realize it.

Location hidden

#658051 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a 'follower of satan' so i expect you to be adamantly oppossed to everything good and truthfull!:)
In the Bible, which you do not trust or obey, God is the monster bad guy and Satan is the good guy.

Location hidden

#658052 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - maybe you, the people in noah's day and those from sodom and gomorrah don't need a Creator/God, but i do and it's the reason why i won't be judged along with you!
time's a wasting and "like it was in the days of Noah" the door will shut and the most gracious offer of salvation through faith in the Son/Savior will be off the table.....
Your assertions are contrary to bilbical teachings.

Location hidden

#658053 Sep 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "Faith" Alan.
Faith is an expression of hope for something better even if it is unseen.
We all (even an atheist) acts in faith when the world offers no guarantee, no certainty. No one knows what kind of life an infant will have, yet people continue to have children. No one can know how life with our mates will turn out, yet we continue to have faith our relationships will last a lifetime.
However, when we as Christians act out on our faith, it is the evidence of things not seen. Faith is the source of a Christian's strength and that belief places us in God's plan for mankind. Through our faith Christians anticipate the future of God's promises and act in faith in our day to day activity knowing that we are in God's plan.
Blah blah blah. Your assertions are wholly unconvincing. They do not correspond to reality.

You have no concrete examples to support these delusions.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658054 Sep 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's my term for internet nookie - lol:)
OH!

lol, me dumb

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658055 Sep 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Some kind of weight loss plan I think......
I dunno....

I have sex, so this cyber sex stuff bewilders me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#658056 Sep 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
You are asserting that the translators who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages got it wrong.
While at the same time, you are asserting that the translators who have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages got it right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 55,894
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 23 min DENG 39,052
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min RoSesz 649,763
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 426
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,930
should i give my brother a bj? (Dec '12) 1 hr James 33
Need someone to accompany me in order to take ... (May '14) 1 hr Karla v 4
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,291
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web