Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#657157 Sep 1, 2013
Firestone Loop wrote:
Have a good drink, gaze into the sky at night, and explain to yourself how there is not God.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#657158 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He's evil and should have gotten the death penalty;
GOD:(Isa. 45:7), "I the Lord God create evil."

Jesus: "You shall not murder,..."

Location hidden

#657159 Sep 1, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you believe the buybull to be infallible, or are you a cherry-picking christian?
You don't know your buybull very well, do you?
Most christians don't.
The Riverside Con-Artist is quite good at "cherry-picking". What he likes in Scripture he quotes, what he doesn't he ignores. Just like all the other ignorant Christians [I know, I know, ignorant Christian is redundant].

I keep wanting one of our resident loony tunes to deal with the following contradiction but all they do is step over these Bible quotes like they step over dog shit on the sidewalk. Is the Bible as bad as dog shit that they have to ignore key verses?

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

How can anyone say with a straight face that the Bible is the inspired word of God?

Location hidden

#657160 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>[wrote to Riverside]
PROVE YOUR GOD, PRAY TO MAKE ME A CHRISTIAN.
Verses which give unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance. Among these are comments as:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24 (KJV), "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

In order to counteract the patent inaccuracy of these premises, apologists seek modification through James 4:3 and 1 John 5:14. The former says, "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask remiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." In other words, the reason the prayers of the sick, the old, the infirm, the afflicted, etc. have not been answered is because they were based on lust, greed and other selfish motives. It's hard to believe even hardened apologists really believe this. On the other hand, 1 John 5:14 ("...if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us") represents a more subtle ploy. Prayers are not answered because they do not comply with God's will. The problems with this explanation are:

•(a) the earlier verses said nothing about God's will or the need to fulfill His desires, and
•(b) judging from many prayers which people feel were answered, one can't help but question God's morality. Praying, for example, that one's relative will die in order to inherit his wealth and having your wish materialize, does not speak well for God.

In the past the Riverside Con-Artist says God has answered but the answer is no because the prayer goes against the will of God. It is against the will of God to get a new Christian? YES! According to the Riverside Con Artist.
Bongo

United States

#657161 Sep 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD:(Isa. 45:7), "I the Lord God create evil."
Yes, and you are living proof, an absolutely abominsble deviant. You have a purpose, wouldn't wanna be like youuuu

Location hidden

#657162 Sep 1, 2013
Firestone Loop wrote:
Have a good drink, gaze into the sky at night, and explain to yourself how there is not God.
There is no God because there is no God. If you wish to assert there is such an impossibility as this God, then this is your opportunity to do so. We are all waiting for some evidence to prove the existence of God.

So far all of the evidence points against it.

Location hidden

#657163 Sep 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what matters, is the behaviour of the christian German nation
and they behaved like christians, no one should be surprised
And let us not gloss over what the Christians did to Germany to punish it for World War One. Had France and England done the right thing after WW1, Hitler might not have been able to rise to power.

I do not believe in an eye for an eye. Christians in Europe were out for revenge and they created the conditions for WW2 by how terrible they treated the Germans after WW1,

When you don't do the right thing, even to horrible criminals you put garbage in your future. But that is way beyond the ability of a Christian to understand. It is exactly the same thing when people are put in prison, brutalized and then released. Christians love punishment, and they can not see that making people mean and then releasing them back into society is not the right thing to do. It may be the Christian thing to do but it is not the right thing to do.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#657164 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You post here 24/7. You obviously suffer from sleep deprivation, among other things. Don't you ever sleep?
So, among other things, you can't tell time either. Not surprising. Topix does it for you, if you'd just pay attention, dimwad.

Location hidden

#657165 Sep 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
were I grew up, boy, you would only hit a woman once
Where I grew up we were taught to never hit anyone for any reason. Christians just let their kids grow up like weeds, refusing to raise them in the ways of the world. No wonder our prisons are so full of Christians.

But why do Christian men feel they have the right to hit women? Once again we have to look no further than our Bible:

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."

For many Christian men this is reason enough to beat women. After all the Christian men are as much above women as Christ is above them:

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."

For the husband is the head of the wife. How proud women must be of their God.

Location hidden

#657166 Sep 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, nano.
RR hits women.
When they deserve it.
I'll laugh when I want, troll.

I got nuthin' to be careful about. Get over it.

Location hidden

#657167 Sep 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when RR decides they deserve it
Exactly!

Location hidden

#657168 Sep 1, 2013
It's Saturday night; I have other things to do than pound you godbots into the ground over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
After a while, it just gets exhausting.
And, yet, there you were, posting all Saturday evening and on into the a.m. 1:00 a.m., to be exact.

Loser. I had dinner and a movie while you were here, obsessing, as usual.

“numerically challenged”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#657169 Sep 1, 2013
Palin is being quoted as saying Kill them all, let Allah sort them out.

Ah, the good old days of Vietnam.

She could have been one heartbeat away, ya' know.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#657173 Sep 1, 2013

Still can't show me your god, can you?
Poor baby.
Still can't cast a spell on me, can you?

Poor baby.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#657174 Sep 1, 2013
Here's a sandwich for you.
Good girl, you're learning.

Now go make the bed and get started on my laundry.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#657175 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Smettere masturbandosi nelle vostre calze da ginnastica. Che cosa hai fatto, consultare yahoo traduttore? La tua disonestàè tipico dei cristiani.
Nessun traduttore yahoo .

Lanciare un incantesimo su di me.

Go .

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#657177 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Proselytizing is attempting to convert someone to share your belief.
Earlier you said I forced.
Same thing.
Then trying to force me to be a witch.

O_o

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#657178 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Demonstrate that outside of a public speech,

I don't have access to his diaries; do you?
Then stfu about it and admit that you believe Hitler was a Christian because he said so in his public speeches.

Why do you believe politician's speeches?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#657179 Sep 1, 2013
I don't need to; I'm half Italian.
And half stupid.

Which one was your dad? The Italian or the stupid?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#657181 Sep 1, 2013
Firestone Loop wrote:
trying to make xians think is difficult aint it..LLL

keep at it!

www.godchecker.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 619,877
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 8 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web