Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ringworms got to your brain.
Centrifugal force as a substitute for gravity, eh?
You have sure seen 2010 and the Russian ship that spun in the middle to simulate gravity. Visualize that ship heading for Jupiter with that middle spinning.
Let's get in the middle of that centrifuge and balance a six foot pole so it stands upright. You have your centrifugal force exerting acceleration across the cross section of the pole in a straight line. The arrested acceleration against the floor is equalized if the matter and density si even throughout the pole so it can be perpendicular. It also creates friction at that point of contact which in turn creates a fulcrum point for accelerations and decelerations working transversely to the force the centrifuge works.
Let's say you are moving thirty thousand miles per hour toward Jupiter. Your pole is balanced. Your engine misses a cylinder. A brief decrease in forward acceleration. What happens to the pole? It falls over and breaks its nose.
The geometry of gravity forces on the earth slows down the effect of those transverse forces, of which tidal forces are one. For the pole to fall over it has to fight the tug of gravity from all of those other directions. This gives some reaction time you will not get in the above scenario.
Your body cells will develop according to those simulated acceleration forces, in addition to trying to balance out the mass after being developed.
You're gonna get warped.
In addition to that you have the practical considerations of distributing mass equalizing about the axis of that centrifuge, and the longitudinal vibrations it will cause.
Batman Aura will be sitting in his nice new shiny spaceship, plot his course for the Pleiades, get up to speed, get up to get a beer out of the fridge, then fall on his face, knocking his ass out, and he will miss the turn at Andromeda and have his forward momentum arrested very suddenly when he impacts a small asteroid that didn't show up on his monitor. Of, course, that may have forestalled some serious vomiting episodes.
You won't colonize the universe unless you are in a spirit like form, something not affected by mass. You will need to switch off that Higg's boson. Believe or not, such is already done, but not in a manner you would consider human directed.
*sigh*

You didn't even read (or you did not understand) the dimensions of the Ringworld. It's not a ship. It's got a SUN in the middle, for Bog's sake.

Probably never heard of Heinlein's "Universe" ships, either.

And you ignore relativistic effects. At 1G acceleration with turnover at midpoint, it'd take less than 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri from here. From the viewpoint of the passengers, of course.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It's been debunked all the time. It's just a book of myths, RR.
<quoted text>
Yes it has. "Age of Reason," by Thomas Paine, for one. I'd suggest you read it, but I know you'd burn it instead.
That's a book of Thomas Paine's opinions, it isn't fact.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus never happened, none of the miracles attributed to Jesus ever happened, the Flood never happened, Genesis is among the worst descriptions of the universe, and so on.
It's just a book of myths, mixed in with some biased representations of history to support the Ancient Israelites' cultural identity.
<quoted text>
If it's all "fact," why can't you prove it? Where's the evidence?
Why can't you prove your god? Oh, you're gonna claim the buybull, right? The buybull is all fact and real because it says so, right?
How many books have you burned this week?
I can't prove God to you because I don't have an unlimited control of space and time.

Only God can prove himself to you, and only if you choose it.

It's your loss, not mine.

I'm still waiting for that oh so powerful spell of yours.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

The Truth is Known wrote:
There's no scientific evidence in support of deities
<quoted text>
What is the right "tool" to prove your god? Your buybull?
Try again.
No, it's called a brain.

I'm sure the Wiccans know about those.

Don't you have a spell for that?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Atheists make no claims; they demand that you prove yours. You cannot.
Just admit it.
Atheists make claims. Like "there is no God" or "there's probably no God". They make claims all the time.

Atheists can't demand anything of me, they can ask, but they can't demand it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
A christian and a racist, eh?
I'll bet you have "Gott Mitt Uns!" stamped on your swastika belt buckle. I doubt that anyone can see it, though, with your pendulous beer gut and your white sheet hanging over it.
Catcher's the one with the white sheets, maybe you should ask him.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Your god is not omnipotent, as you claim he is, if he *cannot* stop all the evil in the world.
That's your claim, now prove it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"To know that you do not know is the best."
-Lao Tsu
<quoted text>
Keep that in mind the next time you claim to know that your buybull god is real.
Keep that in mind the next time you claim to know that God isn't real.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Your god isn't real.
That's your claim.

Now prove it.

Since: Aug 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
My only question is.. How do prove there isn't a God?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha!!
I love that bit: "...Your engine misses a cylinder..."
In deep space? That choked me up; now I have Cola going through my nose.
Lol. Okay Dave. Let us make nice. In space,.you do notbhave to worry about cylinders. Uhmkay?
Dave I know you think you always have something smart to say, always able to give a refutation at a moment's notice... But why not read up just a itsy bitsy teensy weensy little bit on the matter before commenting?
Your limited mental abilities are showing, again.

Most other people readily identified that missing cylinder as a figurative expression for a decrease in velocity, speed, forward momentum, or whatever you want to call it. If you are running you would get the same effect if you didn't bring your back leg and foot up quick enough. Let's say your ion engine sputters a second. Or you run into a mass, such as dust or a plasma field that impacts your momentum.

Take you foot out of your mouth and head out of your ass and you will get further.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
You didn't even read (or you did not understand) the dimensions of the Ringworld. It's not a ship. It's got a SUN in the middle, for Bog's sake.
Probably never heard of Heinlein's "Universe" ships, either.
And you ignore relativistic effects. At 1G acceleration with turnover at midpoint, it'd take less than 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri from here. From the viewpoint of the passengers, of course.
I've read all of the Ringworld books.

It's science "fiction".

I just inserted my comment about centrifuges acting as a gravity substitute into that particular post of Aura"s. Saved me energy in scrolling back for one that may be more suitable, but it didn't really matter where I inserted it since it was one of Aura's posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

nvanc2 wrote:
<quoted text>My only question is.. How do prove there isn't a God?
The Topix atheist method.

You sit in a corner, close your eyes, and pound on the floor while screeching "I know there is no God!" repetitively. A few tears and a distressed look on your face will add effect.

They expect you to bring them their ba ba to make them feel better.

Which is not a very becoming trait of adults.

“I'm not Religious ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
The blind hypocrisy of religiously retarded imbeciles never cease to amaze. A self-degrading cultist lifestyle is the epitome of mental laziness.
This video is especially for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
A poor imitation of Pomona Atheist is what this is.......

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sit in a corner, close your eyes, and pound on the floor while screeching "I know there is no God!" repetitively. A few tears and a distressed look on your face will add effect.
Sounds like you know all about being a professional topix atheist.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a consensus amongst atheists, DF.
For nearly 2,000 years Christians have contended Jesus is the long-awaited Messiah predicted in the OT. Unfortunately, they have conveniently ignored eight major reasons Jesus couldn't fill the bill. There is no way he could qualify as the following facts show.

(1) NT verses repeatedly say that Jesus was not only from the province of Galilee: MATT. 26:69 ("Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee"), LUKE 23:6-7 LB ("Is he then a Galilean? Pilate asked. When they told him yes,...."), LUKE 22:59 RSV ("Certainly this man {Peter} also was with him {Jesus}, for he is a Galilean") and the Galilean city of Nazareth specifically: MARK 1:24 ("...what have we to do with thee thou Jesus of Nazareth"), JOHN 1:45 ("...Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph"), and LUKE 1:26 ("...the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth"), but also was a prophet:("And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee"--MATT. 21:11). Yet, scripture says that no prophet can come from Galilee ("Search and you will see that no prophet is to rise from Galilee"--JOHN 7:52 RSV) and nothing good can come from Nazareth ("We have found him of whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth.... Nathanael said to him,'Can anything good come out of Nazareth'"--JOHN 1:45-46 RSV).

(2) MICAH 5:2 predicted the Messiah would come from Bethlehem in the province of Judea. But John 7:40-42 RSV ("When they heard these words, some of the people said, This {Jesus} is really the prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Is the Christ to come from Galilee? Has not the scripture said that the Christ is descended from David, and comes from Bethlehem {in Judea}....") disqualifies Jesus by showing he came from Galilee not Judea.

(3) Jesus is a descendant of Coniah (Jeconiah, Jeconias) as the genealogy in MATT. 1:11 ("Jeconias begat Salathiel") through MATT. 1:16 ("And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ") shows. In JER. 22:28-30 ("Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vassal wherein is no pleasure? why are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not? Thus said the Lord, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah") God said Coniah would never have a descendant who sat on David's throne. Yet, many prophecies, such as that found in LUKE 1:32 ("He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David"), show that Jesus must sit on David's throne eventually.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!

Don't forget to tell him, that while he's sitting there in his little corner, crying his eyes out, he should be fully studying the Bible so that he knows everything about it.

Even though he'll still claim that he doesn't believe a word of it, he'll study and study and study and study so that he can say "I know more about the Bible than you Christians do".

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

(4) We have already seen that Jesus is a descendant of Coniah. 1 Chronicles 3:16 ("And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah {Coniah} his son....") shows that Coniah is a son of Jehoiakim. So Jesus is a descendant of Jehoiakim too. But JER. 36:30 ("Therefore thus saith the Lord of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David") says Jehoiakim would never have a descendant upon the throne of David. So, again, we see that Jesus is disqualified since he must sit upon the throne of David. God's commands given through Jeremiah that neither Jehoiakim nor his son Jeconiah (Coniah.) could have any progeny who would sit on David's throne exclude Jesus.

(5) Jesus couldn't be the Messiah because LUKE 3:31 ("...which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David {in the genealogy of Jesus}") shows Nathan is an ancestor of Jesus and Nathan was excluded from any claim to the throne of David because his brother, Solomon, was chosen to head the Davidic line instead: 1 CHRON. 29:1 ("Furthermore David the king said unto all the congregation, Solomon my son, whom alone God hath chosen...."), 1 CHRON. 28:5 ("And of all my sons, for the Lord hath given me many sons, he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the Kingdom of the Lord over Israel"), and 1 CHRON. 29:24 ("And all the princes, and the mighty men, and all the sons likewise of King David, submitted themselves unto Solomon the king").

(6) In MATT. 20:28 ("Even as the son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many") Jesus said that he came to minister, not to be ministered unto. But, that is diametrically opposed to the OT's presentation of the Messiah. According to PSALM 72:11 ("Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him"), DAN. 7:14 ("And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations and languages, should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away...."), and DAN. 7:27 ("And the kingdom and dominion...shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose Kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him"), the Messiah will come to be served, not serve others.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

(7) ROM. 1:3 ("Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh"), PSALM 132:11 ("The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne"), ACTS 2:30 ("Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne"), ACTS 13:22-23 ("...I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus"), 2 TIM. 2:8 ("Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel"), and PSALM 89:3-4 ("I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations") clearly show that the Messiah must be an actual son of David according to the flesh. Since Joseph could not be his physical father if there was a Virgin Birth and the genealogies in Matthew 1 and Luke 3 show that Jesus is related to David through Joseph only, then Jesus couldn't be the Messiah. There is no physical connection to David.

(8) And finally:
(a) Nowhere throughout the OT is the power of redeeming from sin and the authority of spiritual salvation attributed to the Messiah;
(b) Nowhere in the OT does it mention the Messiah's power and glory in heaven, any statement that the Messiah is God, or that God claims to be a man or the son of man ("God is not a man, that he should lie...."--NUM. 23:19);
(c) The word "Messiah" means "anointed" and signified neither holiness nor godliness. Kings and priests were anointed as signs of distinction and authority, but they claimed neither equality with God nor sinlessness. Several verses prove as much: 1 SAM. 10:1 ("Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the Lord hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance"), Lev. 4:3 ("If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people...."), ISA. 45:1 ("Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus...."), PSALM 105:15 ("Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm"), and 2 SAM. 23:1 ("Now these be the last words of David....the anointed of the God of Jacob....").

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

you worship "an invisible sky daddy".
No I don't, the invisible sky daddy is an atheist thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 622,801 - 622,820 of682,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min -USA-1 37,968
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 512,965
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Habsburger 430
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aerobatty 217,763
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Ratloder 110,134
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 32 min Ed Teach 52,606
Fake, Fraud & Blacklisted Company Lafenzer Elec... (Aug '13) 40 min sahil 39
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 250,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dusty Mangina 89,734