Prove there's a god.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656721 Aug 30, 2013
Clients wrote:
<quoted text>
If these so called "Christians" were killing people than they were not Christians.
You are correct.
They were classified as human beings killing other human beings.
Some would call it " survival of the fittest"
That some being atheists.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#656723 Aug 30, 2013
Clients wrote:
<quoted text>
If these so called "Christians" were killing people than they were not Christians.
That is the famous line. But fair enough, let's go with it.

Now, will you grant the same understanding and thinking with others? Will you regard so-called Muslim terrorists as not true Muslims? Will you regard the LTTE as not true Tamils? Will you regard Zionists as not true Jews?

For many Christians, when one cites all the atrocities, they are quick to say "Oh those weren't true Christians", but when the atrocities of others are discussed, they happily say "See how barbaric that religion or those people are! It's part of their faith and culture!".

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#656724 Aug 30, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It says it *could* have. Big difference.
Sandy Snatch corrects & educates Dumb Ass again.
Astute observation, Sandy.

It was a scientist that alleges that, so therefore by the Topix atheist way of thinking he was science. Topix atheists put a great deal of faith in science in making their determinations and other neuronic misfirings.

No difference between his pronouncements in the name of science or of theists in the name of their religion. It's all personal interpretation. It is your outsized personal reactions to either that is your individual problem.

I will leave you to scratch your heads on that.

La Veta, CO

#656725 Aug 30, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
So again, in your own words what really is an atom ?
karl44 won't be able to do that. He can post you some links, though.

He be educated and intelligentized, you know?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#656727 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in Texas.
But not in the civilized English-speaking world.
Ah. So Texas isn't civilized to you.

Nice bigotry you got there.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656728 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
You.
Religionists believe in supernatural skydaddies. Your "god" is your supernatural skydaddy.
You are a religionist.
Do the math.
Nope.

I don't believe in an invisible sky daddy.

How many times do I have to tell you that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656729 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll keep repeating it until you understand it or until you actually read it:
"Y'mean like turn you into a flatulent toad? Someone's already beaten me to it.*I* would rather turn you into an honest human being of integrity, but that would take too much power for *me* to muster up."
Yep, there's that selective perception of yours.
That's because you have no power and there's no such thing as witchcraft.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656730 Aug 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, dash my balder...
Oh.

I get it now.

Lmao

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656731 Aug 30, 2013

I don't have to prove my beliefs to you, because I don't demand that you or others accept them. They are mine alone.
Then we agree.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656733 Aug 30, 2013
Hitler was a Catholic, Stalin was Eastern Orthodox.
Both christian.
You lose again.
<quoted text>
I imply nothing: Hitler speaks for himself.
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922
You don't get to deny the existence of this fact.
Hitler was a christian, no different from you.
Hitler was a Christian, and then stopped being a Christian. Just like a lot of atheists that visit this website.

We have karl and boots, that I know of specifically, say they used to be a Christian.

But why did you avoid my questions? Did you believe Bush senior when he said "read my lips, no new taxes"?

Did you believe Obama when he said that he's visited all 57 states?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656734 Aug 30, 2013

You're sweating as nervously as a pig on the way to the slaughterhouse
Pigs don't sweat, darling.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656735 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

There is no argument. I'm telling you what my beliefs are. You do not get to dictate what my beliefs are or aren't.

Yet you claim a right to do it to others.
When have I ever said anything like that?

Find the post where I said that and I'll leave Topix forever.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656736 Aug 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Quit fantasizing about my butt.
I'm sorry, I can't help it :p

La Veta, CO

#656737 Aug 30, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
scientists put out relevant experimental data that can validated by others...that's how you validate their testing and information...no faith is required... if you don't believe something, run the experiment yourself...but it requires an IQ and an education...
Which is why you just take their word for it?

BTW, self-interests tend to see things they same way.

You won't understand that.

The Bible has been giving out explanations and wisdoms for a very long time to the world at large, pretty much on an individual basis for testing and evaluation. There has been the same submitting of papers and thoughts for review within the priesthood the same as is done in science. However, religion does allow for more input from people at large than does the modern science establishment. They have gatekeepers of that establishment to ensure the money keeps rolling in. Not all fields do that, but the more esoteric ones like theoretical cosmology and theoretical physics does, along with many social sciences.

Science is an endeavor that got turned into a business, like many other religions.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#656738 Aug 30, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Oh , you got me all wrong.
"special pleading" ? Lol.
So tell me , how could nothing produce something?
And why would that nothing produce something? and why would that nothing that produced something from nothing give it the ability to reproduce something which can than say it came from something ?
Yes, special pleading and now you further it with more logical fallacies. Here:

Special pleading is a claim that standards of evidence should be modified or reversed for a particular claim or type of claim.

Who has ever claimed that anyone says something comes from nothing? Go!

You won't find any non-creationist making that claim. That comes from your crazy circles only and illustrates how vapid and vacuous creationism is. Evidence points to the universe having a beginning, but, what existed before that is unknown and is certainly not claimed to be nothing. You can't explain away a complex problem by inventing an even more complex explanation.

You also hoist yourself on infinite regress. Your special pleading comes into play again when you must then consider if you make the something from nothing claim you have to then explain the origin of your sky daddy. Apparently suddenly it is a something that can come from nothing. You're simplistically trying the totally debunked first cause or prime mover fallacy. There is an inherent contradiction in the concept, as well. If everything exists has a cause, then there can not exist anything without a cause, ergo, there could be no "first" cause. Either some things can exist without causes or nothing can. You can't have it both ways. Well, unless you're a twisted creationist, then any special pleading and arguments from ignorance that feed your confirmation bias get you all warm and squishy.

You run into further problems when you then point to your culturally-conditioned invisible sky friends. Why that particular prime mover? Why not any of the other one million historical gods? Why not a Magic Pink Unicorn? Why your specific sect and schism of Christianity and not one of the 40.000 others? Why your personal interpretation of your sky daddy and not the 3 billion other personal interpretations of the Christian sky daddies? You need to consider the Outsider's Test for Faith. Examine your own beliefs with the same jaundiced eye that you do every other god and every other religion.

Your myth has so many inherent problems, the most egregious are the immoral aspects of it and its ability to be misused for all manner of mayhem. Your book of genocide, infanticide, Substitutional atonement, bind, torture, kill, murder, slavery, rape, polygamy, and incest has been displaced by superior secular morality. Even the ethic of reciprocity found in the Booble, a concept found in every society and not unique to Christerdom, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is found in much superior form elsewhere: Do unto others as they would have you do unto them. Yes, even your ethic of reciprocity is the height of selfishness. Christianity, an army of one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656739 Aug 30, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It's in the book!
Matthew 6:9

Invisible
Sky
Daddy
Apologize away.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

No invisible.
No sky.
No daddy.

Go.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#656740 Aug 30, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> lol.
If you only knew what I knew.
Testimonial arguments are the weakest of all. There is no possible independent verification. You wouldn't accept my testimony of a used car that I were selling. You would verify my claims. Your used car is a lemon.

Personal revelations never contain information the person could not have known otherwise. The last problem is that people from all religions claim personal revelation. Which is to be believed. Even in "near death experiences" those that claim to have witnessed a god or gods always point to the one to which they were culturally conditioned.

So, you make a statement such as above but you are unwilling to elaborate. You have the rhetorical skills of a middle schooler.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#656742 Aug 30, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>So, then, explain how that could be possible for the one true word of an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omnipresent deity. With over 40,000 sects and schisms, and growing, in Christerdom, and over 2 billion personal Booblical interpretations, your sky fairy is doing a terrible ob of communication. You have fallen for the oldest con in the world's history. Tithe the soft-handed shaman. Like Riverside Hick, the shaman has never done an honest days work while preaching the ethos to others.
Well, good morning sunshine.... You're on a roll today...
The word is good. Our interpretations may vary.

lead, wind, bass, to, two, too,(bank- savings?, river?
There are so many different ways to interpret and read and pronounce words and may have different meanings.... and that's just in our modern English language which we speak today..

Well.... You get the picture.

Imagine how over time, over many different languages, Continents, dialects and cultures how the meanings and/or interpretations can be understood.

-
Huh

Arlington, TX

#656743 Aug 30, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the particle waving in?
Space is space right?
Are you saying there is a medium ?
Why the tautology? "Space is space"? Have you been hanging with Half (Wit) Nelson? That's about as deep as that Pan troglodyte gets. Space is everything above the Earth's atmosphere.

Space is what is between planets, moons, stars, black holes, quasars, et al. it’s the near-vacuum otherwise known as the interplanetary medium, the interstellar medium, the inter-galactic medium, the intra-cluster medium, and whatever has yet to be discovered. It is very low density gas or plasma. Space physics is just a branch of plasma physics.

So,'space is space' is meaningless. Yes, there is media. What could your pickled creationist brain possibly have thought it was. I am beginning to know what you know and I am not impressed.

Further reading:

http://www.esa.int/esaKIDSen/SEMVY5WJD1E_OurU...

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.ht...
Huh

Arlington, TX

#656744 Aug 30, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, good morning sunshine.... You're on a roll today...
The word is good. Our interpretations may vary.
lead, wind, bass, to, two, too,(bank- savings?, river?
There are so many different ways to interpret and read and pronounce words and may have different meanings.... and that's just in our modern English language which we speak today..
Well.... You get the picture.
Imagine how over time, over many different languages, Continents, dialects and cultures how the meanings and/or interpretations can be understood.
-
"The Word" is the antithesis of good. Rape, torture, murder, Substitutional atonement, infanticide, genocide, incest and slavery are not "good". In fact, we have secular laws against almost everything sanctioned and ordered by your invisible sky friends in your "Word".

Imagine how time and language should have no mitigating effect on "The Word" of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent. The twists you are required to make are laughable.

"Good morning, sunshine" is just further evidence of your passive-aggressive nonsense. You are not civil, you are infected with the egotistical Christian virus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Barking Hillary 104,835
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Jedi Master 673,421
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 1 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 1 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 3 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 3 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 4 hr slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web