|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The setting sun causing reflections is what I meant. I have no idea what the area looked like or what you saw. The slow movement, the red, and the chrome look along with that time gives me an intuition of bright sunlight in a clear sky highlighting something that reflected brightly. A length of fishing line can shine bright in the sky like that, as well as mylar balloons, which I don't recall back at that time. Even a balloon string. Glass buildings could cast beams of light on an otherwise everyday object and make it bigger looking because of the brightness in that kind of backdrop. Watch birds flying at a distance over bright streetlights and you will understand what I mean there.
The pole longer than the diameter and the slow lengthening suggest changing sun angle to me, and lighting something up along the way, then it all turning red and disappearing. The sun is getting a reddish tinge that late in the day, and is setting earlier than July.
But you saw it, I didn't. All I can suggest is to try and recall the direction of the setting sun was in relation to the object, and how that light from the side could have affected it. Or sunlight reflected off other buildings. You said the ball was stationary. See if you can remember any antennas or flagpoles that could have caused that to happen. Unless you can remember that clearly, unfortunately you will go to your grave with an unresolved anomaly gnawing at you possibly for eternity while you are smoking in hell, adding to your troubles there.:-)
As you may notice, Dave is not one to jump to conclusions on things like that, and many others.
It was essentially a large open field with tall trees around the perimeter, no trees inside the field. No tall buildings around, only houses on the other side of the trees. Other than the swings which we were sitting on, the only other obstacle was a set of monkey bars which was behind us. No flagpole, it was a really crummy municipal park. As to antennas ( antenni?), sure, they had to be around as cable was obviously non-existent. You're probably right, this wil always remain an unresolved occurrence. Your answers were perfectly rational, and I appreciate your help.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It was essentially a large open field with tall trees around the perimeter, no trees inside the field. No tall buildings around, only houses on the other side of the trees. Other than the swings which we were sitting on, the only other obstacle was a set of monkey bars which was behind us. No flagpole, it was a really crummy municipal park. As to antennas ( antenni?), sure, they had to be around as cable was obviously non-existent. You're probably right, this wil always remain an unresolved occurrence. Your answers were perfectly rational, and I appreciate your help.
Then it was definitely a Raelian talent scouting ship. You are lucky. You could have been married to a Frynesian polywart. Ughhh.

Call Coast to Coast and George Noory. I heard he could use a good story nowadays.

I heard Art Bell is going back on the air again soon with a new show.

I haven't had any UFO or such experiences, but a few of a different nature.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

http://scitechdaily.com/scientists-believe-hu...

There are Topix atheists that actually believe that.

In spite of scientific facts, and especially from the strictly matrialistic origins of life and evolutuion they profess to believe in.

You can't do it as a present day human. Leave this gravity well and the geometry of it and your DNA will not grow, or even maintain, your physical construction. Freaks up the kazoo if they even survived. Without that gravity well your brain will also develop differently on the material, and thus mental, levels.

A centrifuge will not give the same gravity geometry you were designed and born in. This gravity field is NOT a straight up and down affair. That is just the strongest direction. You have substantial tugs from straight below out to the horizon. Calculate the mass and density to the opposite diameter, and compare it to a point a couple of degrees away from it.

Man will not be colonizing this universe as a material human being in his present configuration. It can only be as a spiritual base manifesting as a physical form for the environment it will inhabit.

That is the reality of the situation.

But they will appreciate your funding. Drop a fiver in the plate, please.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
There's never been any scientific evidence for the existence of mythical deities and only a small percentage of scientists worldwide are so pathetically brainwashed to believe in such complete and utter stupidity.
This video is especially for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Why did you post a video of your mom going into the YMCA thinking it spelled Macy's? No wonder you are a dummy.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/scient ists-believe-humans-will-one-d ay-colonize-the-universe/
There are Topix atheists that actually believe that.
In spite of scientific facts, and especially from the strictly matrialistic origins of life and evolutuion they profess to believe in.
You can't do it as a present day human. Leave this gravity well and the geometry of it and your DNA will not grow, or even maintain, your physical construction. Freaks up the kazoo if they even survived. Without that gravity well your brain will also develop differently on the material, and thus mental, levels.
A centrifuge will not give the same gravity geometry you were designed and born in. This gravity field is NOT a straight up and down affair. That is just the strongest direction. You have substantial tugs from straight below out to the horizon. Calculate the mass and density to the opposite diameter, and compare it to a point a couple of degrees away from it.
Man will not be colonizing this universe as a material human being in his present configuration. It can only be as a spiritual base manifesting as a physical form for the environment it will inhabit.
That is the reality of the situation.
But they will appreciate your funding. Drop a fiver in the plate, please.
Heavens no Dave, man could never survive in space without gravity magnets and mommy. We shouldn't even consider the idea of flesh conquering space and going to other planets. Better to stay at home where it's safe, feed the cat and let the ghosts of long dead people worry about going to mars.

OR NOT.

If we survive we will colonize space, we will overcome the obstacles and we will go to mars. The plans are bring made now
and this mission is on a real horizon.

http://www.space.com/20626-nasa-giant-rocket-...

http://www.universetoday.com/103368/nasa-alte...

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Kaito.
But RH wants to be taken seriously..
And I stopped reading Waaasssuuup's posts long ago.
No one takes either poster seriously. I mean, really. Waaasssuuup doesn't seem aware that there's education after gradeschool and RR's mainly envious of it.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavens no Dave, man could never survive in space without gravity magnets and mommy. We shouldn't even consider the idea of flesh conquering space and going to other planets. Better to stay at home where it's safe, feed the cat and let the ghosts of long dead people worry about going to mars.
OR NOT.
If we survive we will colonize space, we will overcome the obstacles and we will go to mars. The plans are bring made now
and this mission is on a real horizon.
http://www.space.com/20626-nasa-giant-rocket-...
http://www.universetoday.com/103368/nasa-alte...
Any project that has Obama behind it is gonna be a fkup.
Gary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Kaito.
But RH wants to be taken seriously..
And I stopped reading Waaasssuuup's posts long ago.
Will you take him, seriously?

Just take him.
Gary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Any project that has Obama behind it is gonna be a fkup.
We're all friends here.

You can call him Dad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Any project that has Obama behind it is gonna be a fkup.
lol Obama doesn't have anything to do with NASA, except present congress with an ok to sign checks to Locheed Martin etc.
NASA is bigger than any one president, it's like part of the spirit of America. We all own a piece of it, at worst presidents can slow it down at best speed them up, but it has a life bigger that his office.
eternalrock

Fraser, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Just relaying a message from God. While I was thinking about writing about the faint voice "a life for a life" in my head and about posting here, I saw randomly from my picture Bible the picture of some men stabbing someone looking like a king in his sleep.

they figure out what that mean. the king is probably the one who is going toward causing me trouble.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Obama doesn't have anything to do with NASA, except present congress with an ok to sign checks to Locheed Martin etc.
NASA is bigger than any one president, it's like part of the spirit of America. We all own a piece of it, at worst presidents can slow it down at best speed them up, but it has a life bigger that his office.
Sure he does.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/07/...

And his influence is fkd up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

In the previous article Obama's mouthpiece claims, "no country can make it to Mars on their own", yet in this one the bastard clearly makes cuts that prevent NASA from working on space projects with Europe.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...

Obama is a hypocritical, lying subversive bastard who changes his story to fit his approval ratings.

I give him a big fat zero for approval.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I took a trip to Mars, met some hot Martian babes and started a new species there, Marednecks...
Congratulations!

How does it feel to have green offspring with gills?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
In the previous article Obama's mouthpiece claims, "no country can make it to Mars on their own", yet in this one the bastard clearly makes cuts that prevent NASA from working on space projects with Europe.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...
Obama is a hypocritical, lying subversive bastard who changes his story to fit his approval ratings.
I give him a big fat zero for approval.

Well I may somewhat agree with you, but see that as no more than political spin, Obama has little to do with what NASA really does.
I think what was said there was attempt to smooth over some of the hate between Muslim countries and the US, which we are not high on their lists as friendly's. Even now we make plans to bomb Syria and send drones into Muslim territory. So whatever spin he had in 2010 is largely eroded, and the Muslim countries hate Obama as much as they hated Bush.
But I too will be glad when his admn is over, but not too excited about his possible replacements.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor Topix atheists.
They have convinced themselves they are going to get out of this playground for free. They can be little shits, then just poof!, and they escape the one that built it. Ha ha ha!!!
:-)
Ha ha ha
:-)
Dave, you need to go listen to some Buckethead

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, you need to go listen to some Buckethead
Nah, Slipknot's better.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I may somewhat agree with you, but see that as no more than political spin, Obama has little to do with what NASA really does.
I think what was said there was attempt to smooth over some of the hate between Muslim countries and the US, which we are not high on their lists as friendly's. Even now we make plans to bomb Syria and send drones into Muslim territory. So whatever spin he had in 2010 is largely eroded, and the Muslim countries hate Obama as much as they hated Bush.
But I too will be glad when his admn is over, but not too excited about his possible replacements.
I would contest on one point. The Muslim community certainly prefers Obama over someone like Romney. I had quite a few discussions with Muslims about last year's election. Many of the Muslims here in SA have family abroad; Pakistani, Indian, Turkish, even Iraqi or Afghan. I have a pretty good relationship with the Muslims in my life, since we discuss (argue) the subject of cricket a lot.(Oddly, they seem to like me more when their team beats mine).

Anyways. The consensus is that a Democrat in the White House makes life a little better for them.

Also, bear in mind, I do not know any Jihadists. These are not lunatics who want to fly planes into buildings, or strap bombs to their chests and take hostages. They are average blokes whom I met either in sport, at school, varsity, or in business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, Slipknot's better.
Well, Slipknot has Corey singing for them, an apt vocalist. Sadly he butchers this by screaming in a very unharminic fashion. They have Joey Jordison on drums, a legend. On guitar they have really very good players, but nothing even close to the level of Buckethead.

They do have that raw aggression I like, though

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

eternalrock wrote:
Just relaying a message from God. While I was thinking about writing about the faint voice "a life for a life" in my head and about posting here, I saw randomly from my picture Bible the picture of some men stabbing someone looking like a king in his sleep.

they figure out what that mean. the king is probably the one who is going toward causing me trouble.
See a shrink.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 622,421 - 622,440 of682,495
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

595 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Sheilaa 110,268
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Chess Jurist 513,214
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 8 min shovelhead72 52,616
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min scaritual 217,916
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Some1 Else 89,755
BDSM questions 16 min PoonDaddy 1
help and advice about sex 19 min SouthernGirl32 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Commander Bunny 250,651
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 596,737
•••
•••
•••