“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#656420 Aug 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your claim, now prove it.
Yo

That was not a claim, that was a conclusion.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656421 Aug 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
If you come this side, you would have a lunch at the restaurant, all on me.
I would rather eat off a plate, instead of eating off you.

Just saying.

#656422 Aug 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your limited mental abilities are showing, again.
Most other people readily identified that missing cylinder as a figurative expression for a decrease in velocity, speed, forward momentum, or whatever you want to call it. If you are running you would get the same effect if you didn't bring your back leg and foot up quick enough. Let's say your ion engine sputters a second. Or you run into a mass, such as dust or a plasma field that impacts your momentum.
Take you foot out of your mouth and head out of your ass and you will get further.
Nice save, Dave!

Missing cylinders in space! Perhaps it was the magnets' fault? Not doing enough EM thingy?

#656423 Aug 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix atheist method.
You sit in a corner, close your eyes, and pound on the floor while screeching "I know there is no God!" repetitively. A few tears and a distressed look on your face will add effect.
They expect you to bring them their ba ba to make them feel better.
Which is not a very becoming trait of adults.
At least their engines don't miss cylinder in space...

#656424 Aug 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Space Cadet Aura, space travel engineer extraordinaire Figger me something.
You are tooling around the universe in your Jupiter model 18 intergalactic freighter. You are running full throttle, 1/4 C. Really hauling ass.
You have your forward speed and momentum running at that speed, and you are circling the axis of your ship at 100 meters in your artificial gravity centrifugey thingy. You are doing a spiral as you travel. Does this warp space/time?
What if you oriented your centrifuge to spin along your direction of travel instead of perpendicular?
Buried in the figuring of that out is one biggie of a secret, not that you will find it.
Oh yeah, full throttle.

As long as the engine does not miss a cylinder!

Come on, Dave that was good. That is the kind of thing Colbert would say, but he would be joking
endtimes

AOL

#656425 Aug 29, 2013

coming MIDEAST HOLOCAUST ---

http://youtu.be/L1ByT8E3P-Q

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#656428 Aug 29, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pol Pot was anti-urbanisation and anti-capitalism. He wanted to drag everyone out of the cities, out of the cushy life, and make them all work on the farms. To him, that was the only real work, while the rest was just nonsense, an illusionary life, a fake economy.
Most people died being overworked and starving to death. That guy was a complete lunatic. I don't think he was pro-atheism. He was anti-religion though, unless that religion worshiped him.
And there, we agree.

The Borderland of Sol

#656429 Aug 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're not civil. You guffaw"d at that ridiculous post, which is the height of incivility. Suddenly, turnabout offends you. You wouldn't know civility if it was wrapped in a faux shroud. You sicken me.
You are mistaken. Al is unfailingly civil.

The Borderland of Sol

#656430 Aug 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Your's is hidden, as in you are ashamed of your very presence.(Bong). Medication time.
Why are Topix Christians always patently insane?
I can never tell whih is the cause, and which the effect.

Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#656431 Aug 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, just like Pius the Whatever.
Close enough.

Laffin.

The Borderland of Sol

#656432 Aug 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sold!
Some of that Saffer BBQ...

The Borderland of Sol

#656433 Aug 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice save, Dave!
Missing cylinders in space! Perhaps it was the magnets' fault? Not doing enough EM thingy?
The string broke. Rock fall down go BOOM.
Bongo

United States

#656437 Aug 29, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
Congratulations! You've just posted one of the most blissfully ignorant comments in the history of topix, but you're too mentally retarded to understand.
It's been explained to you repeatedly that atheism is a lack of belief and no political ideology is synonymous with a lack of belief. Do you really take great personal pride in making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid?
This video is especially for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AzzPg-SgSC8XX
stfu, you absolutely heinious sub human creature. Since you have no belief you can be rejected from all kinds of positions without recourse, right?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#656439 Aug 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Cape Town has good crayfish. But we have Bany Chow!

:P

Location hidden

#656441 Aug 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!![insults snipped].
One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

Yet, no amount of theological reasoning can make an inherently unjust idea seem right. Punishing billions of people for the acts of one is not only inherently unfair and unwarranted but also in opposition to other Biblical verses such as:

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.
2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."

Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.

Original sin makes about as much sense as if I were sitting at home one evening and the following occurred. The police came to my door and stated I was under arrest because my father in Europe just shot and killed someone. I responded by asking what that had to do with me and they said, "He's your father isn't he?"

Location hidden

#656443 Aug 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What label would you apply to people who don't believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Do you have a name for these folks?
Those who refuse to do what Jesus taught are called Christians.

Location hidden

#656447 Aug 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More properly Jesus lived to save the world, or some of those in it. The dying was secondary.
The second was a wise observation. Second guessing the purpose of actions beyond one's scope is never a good idea, especially with serious commitments of that nature.
A third major problem connected with the Resurrection lies in the fact that even if Jesus had risen, nobody is going to follow his example.

Eccle. 3:19-21 (RSV) "For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same: as one dies so dies the other....man has no advantage (pre-eminence-KJV) over beasts;... All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth."

Job 7:9-10, 1 Tim. 6:15-16, Isaiah 26:14 say as much. Robert Ingersoll, one of the greatest Biblical commentators in American history, spoke wisely when he said: "The Old Testament tells us how we lost immortality and it does not say a word about another world, from the first mistake in Genesis to the last curse in Malachi. No man in the Old Testament stands by the dead and says, "We shall meet again." From the top of Sinai came no hope of another world." (Orthodoxy, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 2, page 424.

And lastly, others participated in even more momentous events. Adam was never born to begin with (Gen. 1:27); he came into the world as a full-grown adult. Enoch (Gen. 5:22-24) and Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) never died. The latter went straight to heaven, which, incidentally, contradicts Hebrews 9:27 which says, "And it is appointed unto men once to die..."

What did Jesus ever do that had not already been accomplished? He rose from the dead but only after others. He performed miracles but so had others. He raised people from the dead but so had Old Testament prophets. He healed but so had others. What, then, did Jesus do that was different, that had not already be [been] done? Plainly stated, "What makes him stand out from the crowd?" Thousands have claimed to be the savior; so what are the acts that substantiate his credentials. Assertions alone prove nothing. Anyone can claim to be the Messiah and thousands have.

La Veta, CO

#656448 Aug 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, full throttle.
As long as the engine does not miss a cylinder!
Come on, Dave that was good. That is the kind of thing Colbert would say, but he would be joking
That phrase just tickles the hell out of you, doesn't it?

So much it appears to have stalled your intellectual capacity to argue about the issues preventing man's colonizing the universe as a material being.

Missed cylinder, misfiring neurons, what's the difference? Both limit advancement.

Get your fuel injectors cleaned. You've been running on bad gas for too long.

Location hidden

#656449 Aug 29, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Religionists are the ones that believe in invisible sky daddies, not atheists.
But you keep enjoying looking like a fool, while I enjoy laughing. ;D
One has to wonder how many times the RiversideCon-Artist has already been informed of that. It proves the RCA can not learn and is nothing more than a defective disk, like a parrot, repeating the same thing over and over and over again. If he didn't provide me with an opportunity to quote the Bible and expose it as a fraud I would have no use for him at all.

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun" (Eccle. 1:9) and "That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been..." (Eccle. 3:15 RSV). If there is nothing new under the sun, I'd be interested in knowing when someone walked on the moon prior to 1969 or climbed Mt. Everest prior to 1953. Moreover, how does one reconcile this with "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth" (Isa. 65:17) and "...the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man" (Jer. 31:22)?

And still Christians expect us to take them seriously.

Location hidden

#656450 Aug 29, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>This Jesus person sounds like your typical egomaniac human who thinks he is more than he actually is, which is just another human and not a "god".
"I CAN SAVE THE WORLD!" Sorry, Jesus, but Superman already beat you to it!
You're worshipping an idol, and isn't idolatry frowned on in the church? Just saying.
Jesus could not even save himself so why do our resident loony tunes claim Jesus can save us?

For two thousand years Christians have alleged that Jesus of Nazareth is God incarnate, the sinless being, the embodiment of perfection.

1Pet. 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
Isa. 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet, the New Testament has many statements and acts by Jesus which prove the contrary. He, like Paul, repeatedly made false statements and inaccurate prophecies. Here are a few examples:

(A) John 7:8-10[KJV] Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee. But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

John 7:8-10 RSV Go to the festival yourselves. I am not going to this festival, for my time has not yet fully come." After saying this, he remained in Galilee. But after his brothers had gone to the festival, then he also went, not publicly but as it were in private.

Jesus broke his promise[word] by going up secretly after saying he wouldn't.

(B) In John 13:38 jesus said: "...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou (Peter) hast denied me thrice."

And yet, what actually occurred is shown in Mark 14:66-68

"And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth. But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew."

According to Jesus' prophecy the cock was not to speak until after the third denial, not after the first.

(C) Jesus told the thief on the cross: Luke 23:43 "... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

This prophecy could not have been kept unless Jesus went to heaven that day, in which case he would not have been buried for three days.

(D) Jesus told a man: Mark 8:34 "... Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

This statement was made early in his ministry. Yet, the cross could not have become a Christian symbol until after the Crucifixion. There would be nothing to pick up. This utterance would have made no sense whatever to the man being addressed.

(E) In Matthew 5:22 he said: Matt. 5:22 "...but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Yet, Jesus repeated called people fools: Matt. 23:17,19 "Ye fools and blind..." Luke 11:40 "Ye fools,..."

(F) In Matthew Jesus said: Matt. 12:40 " For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Mark 15:37 and 15:42 show Jesus died on the day before the sabbath which would be Friday. Mark 16:9 and Matthew 28:1 show he allegedly rose sometime during Saturday night or Sunday morning. Friday afternoon to Sunday morning does not encompass three days and three nights. His prophecy failed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min MUQ2 46,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Joe Fortuna 92,247
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min truth 667,516
Waiting to pee 1 hr Tallguy95 1
allofourstuff.com 2 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 2 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 2 hr The Real Donald T... 30
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr what 285,938
More from around the web