Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#655940 Aug 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't know you were a proletariat, At the least an unlicensed sole proprietor
I'm just another blue collar...

Location hidden

#655941 Aug 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Posed? Funny, I have the same and never found them to be a detriment. That have opened many doors for me. Perhaps that you represent yourself as a vapid, vacuous tool is the trigger. Is it that when a non-white claims they are a victim they are a whiner but when you do it you are a forthright citizen just aiming for the truth? I'm just trying to determine your angle here.
You used 'vapid' and 'vacuous' three posts in a row...

Location hidden

#655942 Aug 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure. But, see, it still fits. The definition of the Creationist With an iPhone Paradox fits you to a T:
Science is amazing unless it disagrees with my convictions. Then it's questionable.
You have just adapted the Biblical corollary:
The Bible is amazing unless it disagrees with my convictions. Then it's questionable. For that I use my Magic Decoder Ring to help.
Thank you for your vapid, vacuous reply. It reminded me of the corollary.
My mistake.

Four times in a row...

Location hidden

#655943 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Abby Normal brains are moving off the shelf at extreme speeds.
http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/frank/yfsoun...
:o)
hehehe...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#655944 Aug 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Why is he wrong about your invisible friend and you are right? What can I use to determine which of your claims are correct? RH hasn't been forthcoming about which tools are necessary to determine the veracity of any god claims, and, with over one million historical gods, thousands of contemporary gods, and 40,000 different official and over 3 billion personal interpretations of some manner of Christian god you are going to have to be very specific. After all, Yeahnoway hasn't manifested in over 2,000 years outside of George Burns' Florsheim shoes.
Hi Huh. I've stated before that God is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand God are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.

I can't tell you about how God reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.

I believe that God can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Bible that it's the spirit of God that moves within you that allows a person to understand.

I'm sorry Huh. I can't be more specific than that.
I suppose its more of a feeling. An assured, confident feeling that occurs. I simply can't put my finger on it. I just simply know.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655946 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, right, right. Situational racism.....
That is correct. Thank you for catching on. It is racism, that I admit, but it is not entrenched, institutionalized racism. That you pretend not to see a distinction speaks volumes of your lack of character. And that is is coming from someone who was just whining that they were victims based on their skin, hair, and eye color makes you nothing more than another Internet joke.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655947 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake.
Four times in a row...
The shoe fits you, why would I go to a different shelf. That you cannot answer even the simplest questions and go to this obfuscated deflection paints you as even more vapid and vacuous. It's your petard. You hoist yourself.

#655948 Aug 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You man like the religion you are selling here?
???? I'm sorry... I didn't quite get what you were asking.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655949 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just another blue collar...
Sitting in an office all day, posting on Topix while pretending to sell construction equipment s your definition of blue collar? Have you been spinning on a merry go round? You're dizzy.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655951 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And we all give thanks to science for such awesomely destructive weapons.
Yeah how about the new flud bomb, you set it off and everybody on Earth drowns. It's powered by psedointellectual Quantum god particle H2O hyperinflation water molecule stretcher beams.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655953 Aug 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Huh. I've stated before that God is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand God are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.
I can't tell you about how God reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.
I believe that God can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Bible that it's the spirit of God that moves within you that allows a person to understand.
I'm sorry Huh. I can't be more specific than that.
I suppose its more of a feeling. An assured, confident feeling that occurs. I simply can't put my finger on it. I just simply know.
The heart is a pump, nothing more. You can use it as a metaphor, but, the Bible doesn't, because of the physiological ignorance of the authors.

Your answer is tacit proof that each god is nothing more than a fabrication of the individual adherent. Couple that with the fact that your choice of one of the many Christian versions is a mere product of cultural conditioning and all you have is nothing more than viral indoctrination at a time in your life when you were incapable of any immunity.

Watch, this changes nothing of the context of your words:

"Hi Al. I've stated before that Allah is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand Allah are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.
I can't tell you about how Allah reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.
I believe that Allah can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Koran that it's the spirit of Allah that moves within you that allows a person to understand.
I'm sorry Al. I can't be more specific than that.
I suppose its more of a feeling. An assured, confident feeling that occurs. I simply can't put my finger on it. I just simply know."

Or:

"Hi Al I've stated before that The Magic Pink Unicorn is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand the Magic Pink Unicorn are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.
I can't tell you about how the Magic Pink Unicorn reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.
I believe that The Magic Pink Unicorn can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Pretty Book of Flying Horses that it's the spirit of The Magic Pink Unicorn that moves within you that allows a person to understand.
I suppose its more of a feeling. An assured, confident feeling that occurs. I simply can't put my finger on it. I just simply know."

You need to look at your beliefs with the Outsider's Test for Faith, in other words, with the same jaundiced eye you look at anything that doesn't fit your confirmation bias.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2012/05/th...

Why doesn't culturally-conditioned religious diversity strike even one cord in your "heart"?
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655954 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah how about the new flud bomb, you set it off and everybody on Earth drowns. It's powered by psedointellectual Quantum god particle H2O hyperinflation water molecule stretcher beams.
Genocide is good! It's in the book!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#655955 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm white?
No, I don't discriminate on the basis of race.

I'd can you for being insufferable.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655956 Aug 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
???? I'm sorry... I didn't quite get what you were asking.
What is old is new again. Your tired miracles have been found wanting. You invisible friend is running out of gaps in which to be stuffed. Your trite examples of the complexity and simplicity of revealing your culturally-conditioned invisible friend have been found wanting, gasping for the rasping last breaths with deep sea diver sounds. Unfortunately, secularly-tamed Christianity is diluting itself and being displaced by the younger, so therefore more dangerous Islam. That will be our new societial cross to bear.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655957 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You used 'vapid' and 'vacuous' three posts in a row...
And yet you still prove that you can't address anything longer than a bumper sticker.
Huh

Burleson, TX

#655958 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm white?
Prove you are white. You are claiming to be red, as well.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#655959 Aug 27, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
Anyone who truly understands the implications of jihad and still proudly considers themselves a jihadist is the sort of Muslim godbot who would gleefully commit atrocities. This particular stark raving mad insane Muslim godbot is still the most likely terrorist in the history of topix.
The Third Jihad - Radical Islam's Vision for America...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4XUub1no1qwXX
That's a common misconception.

There are TWO Jihads. There's the Greater (Inner) Jihad (al-jihad al-akbar), which is an internal, spiritual quest to be a better Muslim and a better person. This is practised by the vast majority of Muslims.

Then there's the Lesser Outer jihad (al-jihad al-asghar), which is the sort of holy-war thing you're thinking about, which is practised by ony a comparative handful of Muslims.

You really don't know much about Islam, do you?

#655961 Aug 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The heart is a pump, nothing more. You can use it as a metaphor, but, the Bible doesn't, because of the physiological ignorance of the authors.
Your answer is tacit proof that each god is nothing more than a fabrication of the individual adherent. Couple that with the fact that your choice of one of the many Christian versions is a mere product of cultural conditioning and all you have is nothing more than viral indoctrination at a time in your life when you were incapable of any immunity.
Watch, this changes nothing of the context of your words:
"Hi Al. I've stated before that Allah is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand Allah are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.
I can't tell you about how Allah reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.
I believe that Allah can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Koran that it's the spirit of Allah that moves within you that allows a person to understand.
Or:
"Hi Al I've stated before that The Magic Pink Unicorn is not here to be proven by me or by you or by anyone else. And the only tools necessary to begin to understand the Magic Pink Unicorn are quite simply an open mind and an open heart.
I can't tell you about how the Magic Pink Unicorn reveals himself to others as that is determined by that each and individual person. I can only speak for myself.
I believe that The Magic Pink Unicorn can't be put into a box, studied, analyzed and then broken down into basic components. It's a far more complex process than that yet also a very simple personal process. It has been said in the Pretty Book of Flying Horses that it's the spirit of The Magic Pink Unicorn that moves within you that allows a person to understand.
You need to look at your beliefs with the Outsider's Test for Faith, in other words, with the same jaundiced eye you look at anything that doesn't fit your confirmation bias.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2012/05/th...
Why doesn't culturally-conditioned religious diversity strike even one cord in your "heart"?
Where did you ever get that I have a jaundiced eye?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655963 Aug 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's a common misconception.
There are TWO Jihads. There's the Greater (Inner) Jihad (al-jihad al-akbar), which is an internal, spiritual quest to be a better Muslim and a better person. This is practised by the vast majority of Muslims.
Then there's the Lesser Outer jihad (al-jihad al-asghar), which is the sort of holy-war thing you're thinking about, which is practised by ony a comparative handful of Muslims.
You really don't know much about Islam, do you?

Yeah you have to have a jihad in mind to have one for real.

Silence ....I keeeeel you for watching dis...
Godlust

La Grange, IL

#655964 Aug 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for replying. The only apt description I can give it is a huge chrome ball hovering motionless. The tube descended from the middle of the ball, not sure how far it came down, maybe a hundred feet or so, split apart at right angles (think of an L, now think of another L, only this one is is reversed and stuck to the back of the first one, the bottom of both L's pairing off in opposite directions) to each other. It never touched the ground. Don't forget, I had a witness with me who described exactly what I saw. I asked him what he saw, and I stopped talking. No coaching on my part. What bothers me most is why no else reported anything. We checked the newspapers for three days, listened to the local news - nothing. I'll re-print the original post.
Got some time to kill before I leave, so I'm gonna give you something to kick around. As you may recall, I'm a skeptic and I believe everything has a plausible explanation, and it's worked out that way in my life for everything but this:
The year is 1964. I'm fourteen and hanging around a local park, sitting on the swings and talking to a friend of mine. He stops talking and points skyward. I see what appears to be a large chrome ball suspended maybe five hundred or so feet above us. Could be higher or lower; the point is it was clearly visible as It was roughly 6:00 pm, early September. We watched for a few minutes, when suddenly a long pole began to descend from the bottom of the globe, also chrome in color. Roughly two minutes passed and the pole stopped descending.It then split apart at right angles at the bottom of the pole, turned a bright red, and both pole and globe simply vanished. I had enough presence of mind to ask my friend to describe exactly what he saw, and he confirmed my own take on the matter exactly. Keep in mind this was 1964, technology was minimal. We were both 14, so no drugs involved. I tried to research it, but nothing was remotely close to what we saw.
Hey nuno, the primitive human animal is really not eguipped to handle anything other than a manmade fanyasy(Bible) or an ape theory. Their comprehension levels will not allow such nonsense(star travelers).....they are about believing what they are told(brainwashed) and monkey see, monkey do. They are convinced they cannot be fooled or brainwashed......really? Look around.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think I was raped while passed out!! 7 min andet1987 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min hojo 543,118
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min scaritual 227,885
Last Word + 2 16 min andet1987 755
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 18 min andet1987 1,502
The Maze Runner 23 min andet1987 21
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 53 min rohittopaz 66
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 173,858
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 259,728
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 601,185