Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#656104 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, are you persecuted by us mean, mean Christians?

Poor baby. Maybe you should cast a spell or something...

HAHAHAHA!
You're a perfect example of the damage that the religious dumbing of America does.

Maybe you should buy a clue.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#656105 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't lie for it.

Cuz I don't lie.
Bullish!t.
Greens - tug

Australia

#656106 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
People only experience dying, not death.
That's true, but the word "death" is just that, it is a word, a word made by man, nothing more, nothing less. So, what exactly does the word "death" really mean to you ? Can you define death in your own words ?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#656107 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No it hasn't.

The atheist websites and blogs would try to convince otherwise.
They have succeeded.

You are in deep denial.

Sucker.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#656108 Aug 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>What other country in the world has such a place as Hollywood and the mass media?

There is a difference between visiting nearby places like the ISS and the moon and living and breeding there. Both of those are still within this gravity well. The gravity at the ISS is still 90%, yet prolonged exposure does some serious modifications of the body process. Gravity is one of the glues that construct and bind you, and is instrumental in the directions it constructs you. It isn't just this vague force of the universe, it is also the geometry of its effects that pull things together in a certain configuration.

And don't forget the radiation and EM inductions created by bodies crossing those magnetic fields and charges that permeate the universe where matter is collected.

Your human body, and mind and existence as you believe it is derived, are totally dependent on the total environment it was developed in, the strength and geometry of those fields, to maintain it.

As I have pointed out before, your learning of physics is influenced by those shiny things they show you as atoms. You develop the belief everything works from the atom out. Just add atoms. You lose sight of the influence of other atoms and the forces they exert in the universe influencing those atoms and their assembly as masses, and derivative animation of. If it wasn't so you wouldn't have stars, chemistry, and various states of matter. Not a one of those is initiated by an atom from within itself.

You need to learn to separate the real physics from the religious portions of it in making your personal choices.

With that said, watch the "freethinking" Topix atheists start screeching they said, they said, they said in their attacks on me. Not a one will provide an iota of physics logic to refute what I just posted.
4000 characters wasted.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#656109 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tug wrote:
<quoted text> That's true, but the word "death" is just that, it is a word, a word made by man, nothing more, nothing less. So, what exactly does the word "death" really mean to you ? Can you define death in your own words ?
"Not alive"
Greens - tug

Australia

#656110 Aug 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be no more pain.
No more anxiety.
No more worry.
No more anything.
. True, there will be no more separate entity's to create emotions. Hence we will all go back to One. Boring old One likes it when you separate from the One to become separate egotistic entity's. Pain, anxiety and worry is all part of the plan. Emotion is great isn't it ?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656111 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tug ????? No , Greens - tuf !!!! I need my Android phone back !!!
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656112 Aug 28, 2013
That's better.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656113 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not alive"
Motionless ? Or , Emotionless ?

#656114 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tug wrote:
<quoted text>. True, there will be no more separate entity's to create emotions. Hence we will all go back to One. Boring old One likes it when you separate from the One to become separate egotistic entity's. Pain, anxiety and worry is all part of the plan. Emotion is great isn't it ?
Do you think amoebas, jellyfish and frogs also return to one when they die?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656115 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not alive"
Can you envision "not alive" and than explain it without using man made words ?

#656116 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Motionless ? Or , Emotionless ?
Perhaps neither of them.

A tree is alive. It grows, yes, but has no means of propulsion. It also has no emotions.

A virus is alive too, it has no thought, no breathing apparatus.

"Life" is a term that generally fit the following properties:

- it adapts, it evolves.
- it starts its life cycle with reproductive equipment (note, this is meant as member of a species, not meant to be taken in context for one defective individual)
- From the start of its life cycle, it will grow

Upon death, these functions end. There is nothing we have found that can actively reproduce while dead. Dead things does not grow. Dead things does not adapt.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656117 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think amoebas, jellyfish and frogs also return to one when they die?
Oh yes, of course I do.
Where do you think they came from in the first place ?
What are they all ultimately made of ?

#656119 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, of course I do.
Where do you think they came from in the first place ?
What are they all ultimately made of ?
Please explain to me, then, what emotions do jellyfish, frogs and amoebas exhibit?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656120 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps neither of them.
A tree is alive. It grows, yes, but has no means of propulsion. It also has no emotions.
- it adapts, it evolves.
- it starts its life cycle with reproductive equipment (note, this is meant as member of a species, not meant to be taken in context for one defective individual)
Upon death, these functions end. There is nothing we have found that can actively reproduce while dead. Dead things does not grow. Dead things does not adapt.
Yes it is a cycle.
But if you say it is a cycle than guess what ? You need to also add that it can be and will be recycled , but just in a different form.
Now that's called non- destructive energy.
Energy can take on any form , the fact that it can be recycled shows that it has absolutely no substance.
Now that is the illusion of material objects , such as us in this form.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#656121 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you mean "hyper sleep"? No, for a few reasons.
First off, who is going to direct the craft? It cannot be done from earth, as our signals are only relayed at light speed. That means to do a course correction for an object two light years away, would take four years to know if you were succesful or not. Someone needs to be awake on the craft itself. You coild program a comouter to do it, but what do we know of interstellar spaceflight? Are there chunks of rock, strange pulls etc?
Secondly, how are the bodies going to be kept fit? Currently, comatose patients curl up into fetal position after many years. What if this happen to the crew? They would wake up, perhaps unable to use their limbs.
Then, even should they sleep for twenty years, that barely gets you out of our solar system, travelling as fast as current technology allows us. To get to Alpha Centauri, would take hundreds of years.
Now, let us assume that medical science have found a way past this. In other words, you can keep a person from getting much older, and keep his or her muscles in a fit state. Let us assume you have a way to feed them, too, and have a storeroom with enough food to last 600 years. What of their families? Would it be fair to send someone on a mission to a star that in all probability does not house life, and have them wake up to a reality where everybody that had ever mattered to them, ever, had died?
If we ever do undertake such a mission, I feel the best way is to have a giant spaceship with an entire colony of people. Almost like a little city, each and everyone does his or her bit. The ship has to be self sufficient; you would need to have agriculture and water renewal systems in place. The children they may have, would have to be trained into the professions that are needed to keep the ship running: Doctors, engineers, nursing staff, navigators, scientists, farmers, etc.
But, there is a problem in this also. Doing this, means that you set not only the course of your life, but your children's lives, their children's lives, their children's children's lives, for a few dozen generations or more. I do not think it is fair to make a call that would directly influence the life of my offspring's offspring's offspring, a hundred years down the line. Because by signing up, I would condemn the rest of my lineage to forever by astronoughts, on a little ship, lightyears from home.
So I guess warp speed would be the only answer then.

I think it may be a good idea to get a good grip on the solar system though. I don't consider it useful to find life on some far away star. But what we can do is establish mining activities on other planets. And those distances, although far, are attainable. It wouldn't require a generational voyage.

Perhaps more research should be done on working out how to survive the hostile environments of other planets in our solar system, than to find some livable planet which is too far away anyway. Or perhaps get machines to do the work for us.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#656122 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps neither of them.
- it adapts, it evolves.
. Are you sure trees have no emotions ?
Emotions = energy in motion.
I'm pretty sure trees have emotions.

#656123 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is a cycle.
But if you say it is a cycle than guess what ? You need to also add that it can be and will be recycled , but just in a different form.
Now that's called non- destructive energy.
Energy can take on any form , the fact that it can be recycled shows that it has absolutely no substance.
Now that is the illusion of material objects , such as us in this form.
Where did I say that "it is a cycle"? That was your claim.

I suppose that you are talking about reincarnation. As far as that subject is concerned, it is a non-falsifiable claim. Non-falsifiable claims are scientifically invalid and only serves some hypothetical purpose.

That being said, Double Fine wants to be reincarnated as Bill Gates's great grandson

#656124 Aug 28, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. Are you sure trees have no emotions ?
Emotions = energy in motion.
I'm pretty sure trees have emotions.
Go ask your ferns.

Don't ask the abelias. They are lying bastards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 52 min Thinking 71,024
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min King Salim 45,627
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Internet Reality 618,858
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Ewwwww 62
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 658,878
Trump is un-American... 1 hr Tony 2
rajkot gey (Nov '15) 2 hr abc 80
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr donaldtrump 283,022
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr gundee123 5,059
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 hr Go Blue Forever 253
More from around the web