Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#656172 Aug 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ringworms got to your brain.
Centrifugal force as a substitute for gravity, eh?
You have sure seen 2010 and the Russian ship that spun in the middle to simulate gravity. Visualize that ship heading for Jupiter with that middle spinning.
Let's get in the middle of that centrifuge and balance a six foot pole so it stands upright. You have your centrifugal force exerting acceleration across the cross section of the pole in a straight line. The arrested acceleration against the floor is equalized if the matter and density si even throughout the pole so it can be perpendicular. It also creates friction at that point of contact which in turn creates a fulcrum point for accelerations and decelerations working transversely to the force the centrifuge works.
Let's say you are moving thirty thousand miles per hour toward Jupiter. Your pole is balanced. Your engine misses a cylinder. A brief decrease in forward acceleration. What happens to the pole? It falls over and breaks its nose.
The geometry of gravity forces on the earth slows down the effect of those transverse forces, of which tidal forces are one. For the pole to fall over it has to fight the tug of gravity from all of those other directions. This gives some reaction time you will not get in the above scenario.
Your body cells will develop according to those simulated acceleration forces, in addition to trying to balance out the mass after being developed.
You're gonna get warped.
In addition to that you have the practical considerations of distributing mass equalizing about the axis of that centrifuge, and the longitudinal vibrations it will cause.
Batman Aura will be sitting in his nice new shiny spaceship, plot his course for the Pleiades, get up to speed, get up to get a beer out of the fridge, then fall on his face, knocking his ass out, and he will miss the turn at Andromeda and have his forward momentum arrested very suddenly when he impacts a small asteroid that didn't show up on his monitor. Of, course, that may have forestalled some serious vomiting episodes.
You won't colonize the universe unless you are in a spirit like form, something not affected by mass. You will need to switch off that Higg's boson. Believe or not, such is already done, but not in a manner you would consider human directed.
Hahahaha!!

I love that bit: "...Your engine misses a cylinder..."

In deep space? That choked me up; now I have Cola going through my nose.

Lol. Okay Dave. Let us make nice. In space,.you do notbhave to worry about cylinders. Uhmkay?

Dave I know you think you always have something smart to say, always able to give a refutation at a moment's notice... But why not read up just a itsy bitsy teensy weensy little bit on the matter before commenting?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#656173 Aug 28, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, bullshit, more bullshit. More plagiarized copy and paste, no doubt from a christian website. Why are you afraid and ashamed to post your source?
I am stating well known facts about history that everyone knows, why do so many hospitals and Universities have Christian names? Where is your atheist Universities named after your hero's? Pol Pot U or Stalin U?

Sacramento, CA

#656174 Aug 28, 2013
And now, for something completely different...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2u0XXpVGUwkXX
That's sick, was that your mom doing that to you?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#656175 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Violent misappropriation of a comma? Illegal use of a plural? Sinister lengths of sentences? Grossly negligent use of the past tense?
See, THAT'S why I refuse to use spell-checkers. Much less those idiotic grammar checkers.
Like they'd know better than I.

*snicker*

Sacramento, CA

#656176 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
More plagiarized cut and paste, with no source given.
No wonder you don't believe in God, you struggle to believe history. You don't have to be a Christian or even believe in God to know that Christians contributed a lot to the medical history and early advancements fool!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#656177 Aug 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have sure seen 2010 and the Russian ship that spun in the middle to simulate gravity. Visualize that ship heading for Jupiter with that middle spinning.
Let's get in the middle of that centrifuge and balance a six foot pole so it stands upright. You have your centrifugal force exerting acceleration across the cross section of the pole in a straight line. The arrested acceleration against the floor is equalized if the matter and density si even throughout the pole so it can be perpendicular. It also creates friction at that point of contact which in turn creates a fulcrum point for accelerations and decelerations working transversely to the force the centrifuge works.
Let's say you are moving thirty thousand miles per hour toward Jupiter. Your pole is balanced. Your engine misses a cylinder. A brief decrease in forward acceleration. What happens to the pole? It falls over and breaks its nose.
The geometry of gravity forces on the earth slows down the effect of those transverse forces, of which tidal forces are one. For the pole to fall over it has to fight the tug of gravity from all of those other directions. This gives some reaction time you will not get in the above scenario.
Your body cells will develop according to those simulated acceleration forces, in addition to trying to balance out the mass after being developed.
You're gonna get warped.
In addition to that you have the practical considerations of distributing mass equalizing about the axis of that centrifuge, and the longitudinal vibrations it will cause.
Batman Aura will be sitting in his nice new shiny spaceship, plot his course for the Pleiades, get up to speed, get up to get a beer out of the fridge, then fall on his face, knocking his ass out, and he will miss the turn at Andromeda and have his forward momentum arrested very suddenly when he impacts a small asteroid that didn't show up on his monitor. Of, course, that may have forestalled some serious vomiting episodes.
You won't colonize the universe unless you are in a spirit like form, something not affected by mass. You will need to switch off that Higg's boson. Believe or not, such is already done, but not in a manner you would consider human directed.
Hitting the sauce early today eh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#656178 Aug 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>See, all you are doing is discrediting yourself and your invisible sky daddy. Keep going. It's marvelous.
I don't have an invisible sky daddy.

That's an atheist thing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656179 Aug 28, 2013
It's kind of hard *not* to think every day about christian-inspired threats to education, freedom and the Constitution. Keep your creationist shit in your churches if you want, but NOT in our public schools.
<quoted text>
Aww, are you persecuted by that mean ol' "war on christianity?" Go cry to Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity. You cry about a war against your religion while claiming at the same time that yours is the majority religion. You don't get to have it both ways, loser.
<quoted text>
Y'mean like turn you into a flatulent toad? Someone's already beaten me to it.*I* would rather turn you into an honest human being of integrity, but that would take too much power for *me* to muster up.
I guess you're just stuck with you.
So go ahead, oh great and powerful sorceress.

Cast your little spell.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#656180 Aug 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna get warped.
*sigh*

You didn't even read (or you did not understand) the dimensions of the Ringworld. It's not a ship. It's got a SUN in the middle, for Bog's sake.

Probably never heard of Heinlein's "Universe" ships, either.

And you ignore relativistic effects. At 1G acceleration with turnover at midpoint, it'd take less than 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri from here. From the viewpoint of the passengers, of course.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656181 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It's been debunked all the time. It's just a book of myths, RR.
<quoted text>
Yes it has. "Age of Reason," by Thomas Paine, for one. I'd suggest you read it, but I know you'd burn it instead.
That's a book of Thomas Paine's opinions, it isn't fact.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656182 Aug 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus never happened, none of the miracles attributed to Jesus ever happened, the Flood never happened, Genesis is among the worst descriptions of the universe, and so on.
It's just a book of myths, mixed in with some biased representations of history to support the Ancient Israelites' cultural identity.
<quoted text>
If it's all "fact," why can't you prove it? Where's the evidence?
Why can't you prove your god? Oh, you're gonna claim the buybull, right? The buybull is all fact and real because it says so, right?
How many books have you burned this week?
I can't prove God to you because I don't have an unlimited control of space and time.

Only God can prove himself to you, and only if you choose it.

It's your loss, not mine.

I'm still waiting for that oh so powerful spell of yours.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656183 Aug 28, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
There's no scientific evidence in support of deities
<quoted text>
What is the right "tool" to prove your god? Your buybull?
Try again.
No, it's called a brain.

I'm sure the Wiccans know about those.

Don't you have a spell for that?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656184 Aug 28, 2013

Atheists make no claims; they demand that you prove yours. You cannot.
Just admit it.
Atheists make claims. Like "there is no God" or "there's probably no God". They make claims all the time.

Atheists can't demand anything of me, they can ask, but they can't demand it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656185 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
A christian and a racist, eh?
I'll bet you have "Gott Mitt Uns!" stamped on your swastika belt buckle. I doubt that anyone can see it, though, with your pendulous beer gut and your white sheet hanging over it.
Catcher's the one with the white sheets, maybe you should ask him.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656186 Aug 28, 2013
Your god is not omnipotent, as you claim he is, if he *cannot* stop all the evil in the world.
That's your claim, now prove it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656187 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"To know that you do not know is the best."
-Lao Tsu
<quoted text>
Keep that in mind the next time you claim to know that your buybull god is real.
Keep that in mind the next time you claim to know that God isn't real.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#656188 Aug 28, 2013

Your god isn't real.
That's your claim.

Now prove it.

Since: Aug 13

Clarksville, IN

#656189 Aug 28, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
My only question is.. How do prove there isn't a God?

La Veta, CO

#656190 Aug 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha!!
I love that bit: "...Your engine misses a cylinder..."
In deep space? That choked me up; now I have Cola going through my nose.
Lol. Okay Dave. Let us make nice. In space,.you do notbhave to worry about cylinders. Uhmkay?
Dave I know you think you always have something smart to say, always able to give a refutation at a moment's notice... But why not read up just a itsy bitsy teensy weensy little bit on the matter before commenting?
Your limited mental abilities are showing, again.

Most other people readily identified that missing cylinder as a figurative expression for a decrease in velocity, speed, forward momentum, or whatever you want to call it. If you are running you would get the same effect if you didn't bring your back leg and foot up quick enough. Let's say your ion engine sputters a second. Or you run into a mass, such as dust or a plasma field that impacts your momentum.

Take you foot out of your mouth and head out of your ass and you will get further.

La Veta, CO

#656191 Aug 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
You didn't even read (or you did not understand) the dimensions of the Ringworld. It's not a ship. It's got a SUN in the middle, for Bog's sake.
Probably never heard of Heinlein's "Universe" ships, either.
And you ignore relativistic effects. At 1G acceleration with turnover at midpoint, it'd take less than 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri from here. From the viewpoint of the passengers, of course.
I've read all of the Ringworld books.

It's science "fiction".

I just inserted my comment about centrifuges acting as a gravity substitute into that particular post of Aura"s. Saved me energy in scrolling back for one that may be more suitable, but it didn't really matter where I inserted it since it was one of Aura's posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 27 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 42,615
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 28 min what I do 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min kent 690,645
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,278
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 47
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 9 hr Big Al 662
More from around the web