Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my interactions with Black Lagoon in another thread about Buckethead.
I managed to score his complete works on the net. The man has a wide, wide range of sounds and imagery he can inspire. No one can like them all.
But he is a master. He can shred like lightning if you like that, or he can play so slow and mellow you wouldn't believe it. What amazes me is how slow he can get and it all still holds together. He just flat exhibits an amazing depth of soul.
Gilbert taught him how to pick fast notes instead of just holding. I assume this led to the intricacy he can put into his songs. They aren't just notes being played, those notes are just markers for other sounds to be pegged onto. Plus his timing is just phenomenal, which leads to that slow playing talent he has.
It was his acoustic that got me into his music. I'm not a shredding or robot music fan.
You should listen to his Chicken Noodles albums with Travis Dickerson.
Colma, Electric Sea, Electric Tears, Look Up There, A Real Diamond in the Rough, Shadows in the Sky, The Silent Picture Book, Chicken Noodles 1 and 2, and a few individual cuts make up a playlist I can and have listened to non-stop.
Oh, I am also a huge fan of GNR.
GNR was a great act and Slash is a great guitarist. Die hard fans would be pissed at me; Buckethead is ten times the guitarist that Slash is. He is way faster, way mkre innovative and can play in more scales.

The speed shredding is awesome, but to him and some of the other great shredders, speed is just a tool.

When picking a favourite, though, I am a Petrucci fan. I do not think there is much to choose, they can shred like lightning, can play soulful melodies and can play pretty cool riffs, but I like the jazz scale Petrucci plays in. Petrucci himself thinks Shawn Lane is the best ever. Buckethead woukd probavly think Paul Gilbert is the best ever. The guitar teacher Tom Hess thinks Yngwe Malmsteen is best ever. I think it is all a question of preference. John Petrucci's best solos makes the hair on my arm and the back of my neck stand up. Buckethead and Malmsteen too, but mkre of Petrucci's stuff makes me go all tingly. To you it is Buckethead. To Hess, it is Malmsteen.

The only fair verdict, they are an elite class of guitarists. They have speed, soul, dedication and discipline. They are masters at their craft. Nuff said

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Baby Seal wrote:
<quoted text> This will take many nights of study at Double Fines divine feet. I wish to be a Double Fineanity.
With all due respect my lord and master, with all your humility, with all of your awesomeness, allow me to be your handmaiden. You will never regret this, as I need to be saved and forgiven by the one and only god of goodness... you.
Congratulations. You truly have a depth of insight far beyond the rest of the posters on here, as can be seen of your understanding of the deity known as Double Fine.

The being of Double Fine created the universe for purposes yet to made clear to the masses. The majority of people on earth (as well as Double Fine's followers on other worlds), can as of yet not handle the truth.

See, the truth is not a destination. It is a journey of enlightenment. Scientists are only now discovering the glory of Double Fine, by expliring more and more of Double Fine's creations.

You may be sinful and incomplete, but allow Double Fine into your heart and you shall partake in the glory, the power, the ecstacy and infinite mercy.

Double Fine is indeed more awesome than anything else in this universe. To be a subscriber of Double Fineism is to truly cast the shells from thine eyes and see the world for what it is: A creation by Double Fine.

Blessed art thou, my child.

Right there where you sit, raise your hand into the air, please any other posters, you are welcome to do so, too. I need you to loudly proclaim the following:

"I believe that the infinitely awesome and incomprehensibly humble Double Fine is the creator and keeper of this world and any other. My creation, my life an my death, are all visions in his divine eyes. Glory to Him who is fine and also double, glory to Him who is double, yet also fine.

In the name of Double Fine I (we) pray.

Amen

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

brotha of destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychopaths tend to think highly of themselves....
They do, don't they?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
You must have the greatest ego of any religiously retarded redneck.
Is this your youtube video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks Truth!

Double Fine is actively promoting his own religion. There is as much proof for this religion, as there is in Christianity, Islam and Hinduism combined!

Plus, after praying we do meditation through fornication. The church of Double Fine is cool.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave and nanoanalboy leap immediately to mind.
Kaitlin, do you wish to convert to Double Fineism, too?

There is much evidence for this religion as there is for all the others combined!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> HAH hAH SA ha either one is going to make a Scooby snack out of you. Only in my Iron man suit do I want to play with them :).
Well, I would still choose the shark.

Why?

1) If they attack, shark teeth slice neatly and cleanly. Virtually painless. Crocs crush and shatter bone and then do a death spin. Horrible death.

2) Sharks really are less aggressive. Most shark attacks are due to gross negligence or misidentification. Crocs would actively hunt humans.

3) Sharks are just cooler. Must be a hell of a way to go

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Garter belts are extremely sensual and very,very, hot. Pantyhose are about as erotic as a loaf of white bread. The pin-up pictures of women in the 1940's are much hotter than the blatant full frontal nudity of today, IMO.
Oh, totally agree.

The greatest asset a woman has, is her mystery (Al Pacino, Devil's Advocate, I think t'was)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an interesting concept being able to bring back extinct species. But for what? They already proved that they weren't the fittest for survival.
The only place we could put them is a zoo or out near Mac's place out in Florida (Lion Country?)
Still.... a Mammoth would be cool.....
A mammoth?

How about a Tyrannosaurus?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Double! who you gonna trust now days?
Goober Hull, of course

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Nice naked man must have been a real treat and feast.
Double Fine would let you ponder this alone

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
Anyone who hears voices in their head ordering them to kill is extremely dangerous and should be taken into protective custody immediately.
Does anyone know the identity of this insane freak? He should be reported to the local authorities immediately.
He should be reported to Topix and the FBI. Many years ago I had to testify for a young man who God had told to send 16 young campers home to him via a shotgun. He had been in and out of mental hospitals and once they'd get him stabilized on meds they would release him back into the community where he would immediately stop taking his meds and start hearing the voice of God again.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do hope the FBI saw that, taliban christiain. They monitor stuff like that.
It really needs to be reported to Topix, and all of us have to do so. Topix can report it to the authorities. If only one of us reports it it is really easy to dismiss it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
According to evolution ....
Dave, no normal person would engage you in a discussion about evolution because no matter how many times it was explained to you, you would still look for the worst and most unflattering way to present your complete and total lack of understanding of how evolution works. You intentionally misrepresent the working of evolution so as to pretend you have a real Bible based challenge to Science.

You are wasting your time trying to convince anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size that evolution is wrong and the Bible is factual, truthful, accurate and reliable.

Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.

Let us get started with you presenting your proof that your imaginary Sky Fairy exists. Oh, that's right you don't have any. So instead the voices in your head tell you to attack what your opponents believe.

How childish, how 3rd grade, how typically Christian.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
All of these Topix atheists who believe man evolved from lower forms. I want them to try something. Just for a month.
Get totally naked and run loose in the wild. Chase your rabbits through the brush. Live wild naked. Then come back and let us know the chances of passing on your genes are living like that.
"Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or that ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.... Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, not gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedth them. Are ye not much better than they?"--Matt. 6:25-34 and Luke 12:22-31 inclusive).

You are the one who should stop planning and preparing Dave. Christians are supposed to live like you are asking Atheists to live, yet not a one of you is willing to trust the Bible enough to stop buying clothes and food and drink.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Which came first, learning how to wear clothes, or the nakedness? Past the fig leaf you have to know how to make textiles or handle animal skins.
QUESTION: Which came first God or man.

ANSWER: Man came first and then some simple minded Bronze age sheep herders invented God. Religion was invented when the first con-artist met the first fool.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
Modern organisms have evolved from ancestral organisms and continue to change. Evolution thoroughly discredits juvenile biblical creationist mythology. Get over it, kid!
Richard Dawkins vs. Deniers of Human Evolution...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I doubt Dave will ever get over the delusions circulating around in his head. Clearly he is grasping for straws so as to ignore the fact that he can't provide a single shred of evidence to support his belief in his imaginary God.

If such a thing as this alleged BibleGod existed clearly it would make its presence known to all of humanity, if for nothing else, so as Dave could say, I told you so. But it will never happen because no such magical being as the Bible tells us about, could ever exist except in the minds of "the simple minded."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to try the experiment?
Why don't you give up God for a month and see if your life is any different, with or with out God. Clearly God only exists in your fertile demented delusional mind. Give it up and see if it makes a difference in how you treat other people. There are millions of examples of how people have given up believing in God only to find they become better people.
finalprophecies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Much brighter people than you believe that Jesus walked the Earth.
Einstein was one.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
You have to log in to read what he said about Jesus.
So because people still carry around all the Christian baggage we have all been subjected to over the years it proves there is a God?

No, of course not. The Jesus story is a combination of ancient myths that have been recycled for tens of thousands of years. If Jesus was God in the flesh on the earth, then why is there no mention of what is alleged to be the greatest story ever told, outside the four gospels?

It would be like when the Twin Towers were destroyed by religious fanatics and not a single news program reported the event. Of course the existence of God on the earth is a much bigger story than planes flying into buildings, and there were no TV stations back then, but someone should have at least mentioned it. No, all we have are Christian forgeries; dishonest and devious Christians inserting passages into historical accounts so as to deceive people into believing the new saviour myth is real because the collection plate needs to be full.

You fools are being deceived by con-artists who only want your money.

And you defend them. What a sick sick hoax you are all a part of.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Only if you, as a true believer in jesusgod and magical sky daddies, will try something for a month. Cut off your right arm, and pray for jesus to grow you a new one. Your faith is your strength, so don't bother with a tourniquet.
Once again a religitard shows that he knows **nothing** of evolution,**nothing** of nature.
In your magical "Poof! Goddiditt!!" world, you always expect instant results, even though evolution has been explained to you hundreds of times that in most life forms, growing in complexity, it is a slow, gradual process over hundreds and thousands of generations.
You are not qualified to offer any of your baseless, uninformed opinions on evolution. So shut up.
I understand your need for instant gratification, though, Dave; so here's some KY and a blow-up doll.
Oh, wait; you already have those.
We are in agreement that engaging Dave on the subject of evolution would be futile. He has been told repeatedly how evolution works and still he misrepresents it hoping someone will believe him and start believing there is such a thing as a God.

There was a time when morons like Dave ruled the world, we call that time in our history; THE DARK AGES.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

382 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 224,024
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min Mehr 396
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Naveen kumar 4,514
Victory for Birthers over Obama eligibility sca... (Jun '13) 13 min caesar- 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 532,448
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min CowardlYID Fkrs 114,979
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min MUQ1 256,384
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 12 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••