Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#655736 Aug 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for replying. The only apt description I can give it is a huge chrome ball hovering motionless. The tube descended from the middle of the ball, not sure how far it came down, maybe a hundred feet or so, split apart at right angles (think of an L, now think of another L, only this one is is reversed and stuck to the back of the first one, the bottom of both L's pairing off in opposite directions) to each other. It never touched the ground. Don't forget, I had a witness with me who described exactly what I saw. I asked him what he saw, and I stopped talking. No coaching on my part. What bothers me most is why no else reported anything. We checked the newspapers for three days, listened to the local news - nothing. I'll re-print the original post.
Got some time to kill before I leave, so I'm gonna give you something to kick around. As you may recall, I'm a skeptic and I believe everything has a plausible explanation, and it's worked out that way in my life for everything but this:
The year is 1964. I'm fourteen and hanging around a local park, sitting on the swings and talking to a friend of mine. He stops talking and points skyward. I see what appears to be a large chrome ball suspended maybe five hundred or so feet above us. Could be higher or lower; the point is it was clearly visible as It was roughly 6:00 pm, early September. We watched for a few minutes, when suddenly a long pole began to descend from the bottom of the globe, also chrome in color. Roughly two minutes passed and the pole stopped descending.It then split apart at right angles at the bottom of the pole, turned a bright red, and both pole and globe simply vanished. I had enough presence of mind to ask my friend to describe exactly what he saw, and he confirmed my own take on the matter exactly. Keep in mind this was 1964, technology was minimal. We were both 14, so no drugs involved. I tried to research it, but nothing was remotely close to what we saw.
Anon, what you described and there being no one else to see, other than your friend with you, happens extremely commonly in such events. Countless sightings of UFOs and the paranormal have been related just like that. No one else seemed to notice it.

I know someone with a more dramatic sighting than that and had no reason to doubt her. A very large UFO passed over her in a parking lot while she was unloading groceries at night. Blotted out the sky, which is what caused her to notice it, as she had noticed the bright moon when she got out of the car. Looked up again and it was gone. She walked into her apartment house while it was still passing over. She said all she could think was she wasn't supposed to be seeing that. She also noted it was like time froze, and sound ceased. The sound I can understand from such a shock, but she walked up stairs and observed neighbors in the apartment across the courtyard through their open window with the light on frozen into place. She called me after this incident, and it was later than it should have been by my accounting.

There are more people than you realize that experience such things.

The pole was longer than the ball was in diameter? Two minutes is a long time.

6 PM would be setting sun. This could be reflections as it sat, and the cause of the turning red and disappearing. This could be what you both saw it and no one did because of your location. But note the "could". Once could expect you to notice if it was a reflection off something already existing in two minutes, especially at that height.

You can get second guessed to hell for something you saw. And called nuts by Topix atheists.
Bongo

Deer Park, NY

#655737 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RH has to be the most dishonest poster on the thread.
He has no scruples whatsoever.
None.
Did there come a time when you realized you were impugning what is important in RHs life? He cant be that repugnant especially if you don't want to discriminate against him because of his faith. Youre being a a little harsh.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#655738 Aug 26, 2013
silverphase wrote:
U want proof that there's God??... Why dont you first try proving that You've got brains???
right after you prove that you know what proof means!

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#655740 Aug 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
karl44 wrote:
atheists do not believe in god
<quoted text>
How else does someone successfully debunk it?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, is that what you think you're doing?
I'm not the only person who's debunked the buybull. Have you ever heard of Thomas Paine? "Common Sense," "American Crisis," "Age of Reason?" In fine taliban christian fasion, you'd *burn* "Age of Reason."

Fewer people go to your churches every year.

#655741 Aug 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Take a moment to reflect, would you?
Your original point was that since there are Biblical references to real geographical and historical data, the Bible must therefore be factual. That was the bone of contention here.
And yet, we have Dracula in London. A real place - is that therefore also factual?
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's novel also metioned real, true, places. Does that make Frankenstein's monster historical fact?
<quoted text>
Jesus, jehova, noah, adam & eve, cain & abel are also obviously fictional characters.
Geez, you're dense.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obvious to you.
Because that's the way you want it to be.
No, it's just the way it is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>In it you also think vampires and witchcraft are real, so your word is shit.
I don't believe in vampires, shit head. Nor do I believe in devils, but you do. Maybe you can tell us all why you believe in devils and demons, but not vampires.

As for witchcraft, you don't even know what it is; you get your disinformation from church and old Disney cartoons.

Your word of god is shit. Suck on that for awhile.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#655742 Aug 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
atheists do not believe in god
<quoted text>
How else does someone successfully debunk it?
<quoted text>
I'm not the only person who's debunked the buybull. Have you ever heard of Thomas Paine? "Common Sense," "American Crisis," "Age of Reason?" In fine taliban christian fasion, you'd *burn* "Age of Reason."
Fewer people go to your churches every year.
Unless you REPENT, you're going to HELL, you STANKIN' WITCH.

#655743 Aug 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna shut us up? Show us a bona fide example of the supernatural effecting a change. Show me a recorded demonstration of telekenesis under controlled conditions. Show me a recorded example of telepathy, again under controlled conditions - actual telepathy, not the absurd "guessing game" that all "psychics" (haw-haw) rely on. Show me someone levitating, show me a future prediction with enough detail that it could not possibly be just a lucky guess.
All these things supposedly exist, and yet no hard evidence has ever been recorded.
Many people seem to have a need to make life "bigger than life", a need I've never understood.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted about this before.
Yeah, we know; it was stupid then, and it's just as stupid now.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#655744 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anon, what you described and there being no one else to see, other than your friend with you, happens extremely commonly in such events. Countless sightings of UFOs and the paranormal have been related just like that. No one else seemed to notice it.
I know someone with a more dramatic sighting than that and had no reason to doubt her. A very large UFO passed over her in a parking lot while she was unloading groceries at night. Blotted out the sky, which is what caused her to notice it, as she had noticed the bright moon when she got out of the car. Looked up again and it was gone. She walked into her apartment house while it was still passing over. She said all she could think was she wasn't supposed to be seeing that. She also noted it was like time froze, and sound ceased. The sound I can understand from such a shock, but she walked up stairs and observed neighbors in the apartment across the courtyard through their open window with the light on frozen into place. She called me after this incident, and it was later than it should have been by my accounting.
There are more people than you realize that experience such things.
The pole was longer than the ball was in diameter? Two minutes is a long time.
6 PM would be setting sun. This could be reflections as it sat, and the cause of the turning red and disappearing. This could be what you both saw it and no one did because of your location. But note the "could". Once could expect you to notice if it was a reflection off something already existing in two minutes, especially at that height.
You can get second guessed to hell for something you saw. And called nuts by Topix atheists.
It was still quite bright out, Daylight Saving Time was still around. Your friend was alone, I had a witness who described exactly what I saw. It was not the sun, as the object was above us. The sun is obviously not above you at 6:00 pm. The only reason I bring it up is it happened in September, and every year around this time, it creeps into my mind. Oh, the pole was longer than the ball. All I want is a rational explanation, but it's not really all that important. Had I only witnessed it myself, I could have dismissed it as some type of illusion, but for someone next to me to see exactly what I saw - that's the problem.

#655745 Aug 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
As River Tam is fond of saying, "It's just a game." If you're searching for some profound meaning on Topix, you truly are a fool...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Topix atheist trolls.
No belief, no brains, just bullshit for the sake of bullshit.
You have just described your baseless beliefs. You believe because you *want* to believe--and when that happens, thought ceases.

#655746 Aug 26, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
Christians!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that's what you atheists think about all day.
Every day.
It's kind of hard *not* to think every day about christian-inspired threats to education, freedom and the Constitution. Keep your creationist shit in your churches if you want, but NOT in our public schools.

#655747 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I think I'll just keep bugging you.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be you philosophy of life.
Bug people as much as you can.
What's this going to get you, in the long run?
In his case, an orgasm.

#655748 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be you philosophy of life.
Bug people as much as you can.
What's this going to get you, in the long run?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm...
How do you turn one poster into "people"?
Oh, and it's "your philosophy", not "you philosophy".
Translation: "He's making me *THINK* again, goddamnit!! I'm not gonna!!"

#655749 Aug 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You mean you're whoring your religion for FREE?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true then you're whoring nothing (atheism) for free.
At least I have a cause.
If it's such a "just" cause, why do you have to lie for it? Think about it now, think it through... Oh, wait; you don't believe in thinking.

#655750 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true then you're whoring nothing (atheism) for free.
At least I have a cause.
So did the Crusades, the Inquisition, Salem, Sand Creek, Wounded knee, HUAC, Operation: Rescue....
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#655751 Aug 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you REPENT, you're going to HELL, you STANKIN' WITCH.
you still angry bc you cant prove god porter?

or is it bc youve realized that church been selling you BS fantasy!?

LLL

#655752 Aug 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Poor, deluded Topix religionists!
They have convinced themselves that they are "going somewhere else" other than into complete oblivion and unconsciousness. They have lied to themselves and said that death equals life.
Being an "angel in heaven" or "a spirit" certainly does sound more exciting than the boring old truth of just disappearing into nothingness forever while your corpse rots in the ground.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly remarkable that you consider this can be your only existence based upon at best just a beginning of scientific inquiry into what this existence is all about, and think it makes you intelligent or "in the know".
I, for one, do not pretend to know what's out there after this life, the way you crackpot religionists do. Not only do you religitards pretend to know things that you clearly do not know, you try to impose your hateful beliefs on other people with fear as your prime motivator, and then profit monetarily from it. You are no different from those asswipes of the fifteenth century.

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> It makes you "proud".
"I'm forgiven by jesus, I'm *special!* I'm going to Heaven!! You're not, and YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!"

Now,*there's* some pride for you.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda dumb, actually.
You sure are.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps a mouse might think that way. They aren't know for creative or abstract thinking.
Neither are you. You're just drunk.

#655753 Aug 26, 2013
silverphase wrote:
U want proof that there's God??... Why dont you first try proving that You've got brains???
You first. Take all the time you need, I'm sure you'll need plenty.

#655754 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
I think it's a toss-up between him and waaasssuuup.

#655755 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Did there come a time when you realized you were impugning what is important in RHs life? He cant be that repugnant especially if you don't want to discriminate against him because of his faith. Youre being a a little harsh.
And what do you think *you're* doing when you're swearing at non-christians because they won't buy your bull? There's nothing more repugnant than a self-proclaimed "morally superior" christurd who commands everyone else to obey the same commandments that he himself refuses to obey.

#655756 Aug 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you REPENT, you're going to HELL, you STANKIN' WITCH.
Shove it up your ass, Cotton Mather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 38 min HipGnosis 2,008
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 51 min WasteWater 6,476
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 53 min lil whispers 2,782
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min WasteWater 6,305
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 599,772
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,909
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Burke Devlin 113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web