Prove there's a god.
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655669 Aug 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Yes indeedy! Islam is total and complete bullshit.
The stark raving mad insane Muslim posting as "True Truth" thinks it would be honorable to die for his imaginary friend. He and "eternalrock" are the most likely godbots to be programmed to gleefully kill innocent people.
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655670 Aug 26, 2013
BowelmovementforJesus wrote:
true... but there are some really dense ones who can't accept the literal words...you have draw it out for them...I wish I had cartoons for them...
Stupid Christian Comics...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#655671 Aug 26, 2013
Larry wrote:
A freind of mine saw God in my basement shower!!! And I'm sure the acid didn't have anything to do with it either..........
ouch!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#655672 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://
Topix atheists will fervently believe this supports their absolute belief that most of the world is nuts and subject to delusion.
It is an observable, verifiable objective fact that humanity suffers from the credulity that causes them to believe what they are told.

Anyone who ridicules the idea of questioning what one is told is a criminal participating in a crime against humanity.

You are advocating for more of the same and Atheists if they advocate, they advocate thinking for themselves and questioning what one is told.

Given the choice between thinking and believing rational sane people choose thinking every time. And yes, that means pew warmers who accept hearsay are delusional and nuts, both at the same time.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655673 Aug 26, 2013
BowelmovementforJesus wrote:
<quoted text>
true... but there are some really dense ones who can't accept the literal words...you have draw it out for them...I wish I had cartoons for them...
Cartoons are good!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#655674 Aug 26, 2013
http://www.scientificexploration.org/edgescie...

I don't know if you will be able to access that page directly. You may have to supply an email address. This is a good site with some alternate views of scientific discoveries, and by serious scientists. The one you should read is about Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, written by a PhD in geology and geophysics.

Note the sophistication of the carvings. That Urfa man is intriguing.

The author refers to others that believe other and cruder megalithic structures may have been constructed by their descendants. One can wonder why they weren't as sophisticated in carving, such as Stonehenge. It could be as simple as the rocks or minerals of sufficient hardness to do the carvings weren't available or in abundance. You make do with what you got.

What is truly intriguing is its apparent deliberate burial as described in the article. Why would anyone use an area with such artifacts as a garbage dump? You would really have to go out of your way to do that. For one, you have to transport it there, like garbage trucks to a landfill.

Oh, there are also possible links to Biblical figures there.

This is the home page of the site.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655675 Aug 26, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
It's historical fact that organized religion is a hoax created by power hungry sociopaths to control gullible fools.
It would be constructive to post de-conversion assistance resources and success stories.
Unfortunately, this forum is infested with completely brainwashed and mentally retarded godbots that lack the intelligence, common sense and courage to accept they've been had by the cruelest and most dangerous hoax of all time.
I don't see how anyone can disagree with that, unless they are like the abused child who would rather go with the abuser than the one who doesn't protect them from the abuser.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655676 Aug 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The stark raving mad insane Muslim posting as "True Truth" thinks it would be honorable to die for his imaginary friend. He and "eternalrock" are the most likely godbots to be programmed to gleefully kill innocent people.
It is very disturbing isn't it, but more disturbing are those religious nuts who sit by and don't try to stop them because they believe in the same God.

And how Dave Nelson can suggest that this is all roses roses is beyond me.

Westcliffe, CO

#655677 Aug 26, 2013

Oh, there are some other very good articles to read in there.

Of course, our Topix atheists will rant such goes against what their professors told them to believe. In fact,there is an article that reflects on that phenomenon. No, no, no, they aren't trained, they are "freethinkers".

Amusing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655678 Aug 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
There's no disputing that you're one of the dumbest and most unenlightened Christian godbots to ever post in this forum, perceiving your surroundings to support your own inane delusions.
You should study this educational video very closely...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uXw4Is0H9JcXX
Good video. "Ray ComeFart", I love it!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#655679 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Same ole show and cast of characters.
Satan's Mental Midgets and Sock Puppet Traveling Show.
Free admission. No one would pay to see it.
Lol, I can't imagine anybody paying to be here...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#655680 Aug 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not gone long enough, what a huge bummer you are back. Now we have to suffer through page after page of your nonsense. You are really a terrible person RIversideConArtist. Dealing with your posts is like having to step over dog shit on the sidewalk.
Maybe you should clean up after your dog...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#655681 Aug 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's have a more interesting discussion then, shall we?
Bewbies??
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#655682 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.livescience.com/390 38-how-delusions-shape-percept ion.html
Amusing. This is a basic process of existing as a material mind and can be applied to just about anything you think about. And totally ignores the delusion inherent in the so called objective testing. You don't create a test unless you establish a "reality" in your mind. The interpretations of results is even more subject to those personal delusions.
Quantum mechanics in action.
Topix atheists will fervently believe this supports their absolute belief that most of the world is nuts and subject to delusion. That's because most of the world has a belief in the supernatural. They're dumb and unenlightened, unlike themselves who see "the Truth".
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And the world keeps a turning. All the inmates keep working on their jigsaw puzzles and cutting out paper dolls.
You wanna shut us up? Show us a bona fide example of the supernatural effecting a change. Show me a recorded demonstration of telekenesis under controlled conditions. Show me a recorded example of telepathy, again under controlled conditions - actual telepathy, not the absurd "guessing game" that all "psychics" (haw-haw) rely on. Show me someone levitating, show me a future prediction with enough detail that it could not possibly be just a lucky guess.
All these things supposedly exist, and yet no hard evidence has ever been recorded.
Many people seem to have a need to make life "bigger than life", a need I've never understood.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655683 Aug 26, 2013
What about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:

Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).

All of these rules are part of the Old Covenant and of equal import. Why quote the Ten Commandments and rules against homosexuality, for example, while ignoring other tenets? A believer's obligations to one is no less than his obligation to all. In fact, if under the New Covenant Christians have stepped into the shoes of the Israelites and become, in effect, the new Chosen People, then they should inherit all the privileges and duties of that office. They seem to want the former but not the latter. Jesus said the Old Law would stand until heaven and earth passed away. Not one jot or tittle was to be changed until all was fulfilled (Matt. 5:18-19 RSV). Paul disagreed, but, then, this is not the only topic upon which they clashed.

Apologist have also tended to ignore or minimize the Old Law's support for slavery and the subordination of women and failed to follow the Sabbath.

Westcliffe, CO

#655684 Aug 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna shut us up? Show us a bona fide example of the supernatural effecting a change. Show me a recorded demonstration of telekenesis under controlled conditions. Show me a recorded example of telepathy, again under controlled conditions - actual telepathy, not the absurd "guessing game" that all "psychics" (haw-haw) rely on. Show me someone levitating, show me a future prediction with enough detail that it could not possibly be just a lucky guess.
All these things supposedly exist, and yet no hard evidence has ever been recorded.
Many people seem to have a need to make life "bigger than life", a need I've never understood.
Stupid ass.

Your "controlled conditions" are setting conditions. Like laying down railroad tracks for a train to follow. You have your quantum effects and filtering issues at work. Look at the mass of anecdotal evidence, that as happened events, as that is the only way you can identify it as work.

Simple minds can get stuck on stupid. Maybe you will get lucky and run into a switch yard where you can get set on a right track.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#655685 Aug 26, 2013
Antonin Scalia,
American Dynasty, Kevin Phillips, p108

January 2002 Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life,[Antonin Scalia] opined that as written in 1787 the Constitution reflected natural or divinely inspired law that the state was an instrument of "God.

"That consensus has been upset by the emergence of democracy... the reactions of people of faith to this tendency of democracy to obscure the divine authority behind government should not be resignation to it but resolution to combat it as effectively as possible."
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655686 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideFelcher wrote:
Maybe you should clean up after your dog...
The Truth is Known...

Maybe you should just STFU and check yourself into the local mental institution where you rightfully belong.

Christianity Insanity...

The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655688 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Simple minds can get stuck on stupid.
The Truth is Known...

There's a name for these simpletons - Christians!

You just don't get it...

Anon

Lakewood, OH

#655689 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid ass.
Your "controlled conditions" are setting conditions. Like laying down railroad tracks for a train to follow. You have your quantum effects and filtering issues at work. Look at the mass of anecdotal evidence, that as happened events, as that is the only way you can identify it as work.
Simple minds can get stuck on stupid. Maybe you will get lucky and run into a switch yard where you can get set on a right track.
How stupid of me! I keep forgetting that god and the supernatural just don't work under controlled conditions. Always shrouded in mystery. How convenient. So "psychics" (again, haw-haw) can manifest their power "on demand" on their fraudulent tv shows, but in the presence of someone wearing a lab coat, their gift doesn't seem to work . Odd, that. Anecdotal evidence? Got any earthshaking anecdotal evidence you'd like to share? If, as you say, I'm stuck on stupid, better that than being stuck on childish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min good 2,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 590,737
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min janeebee 4,619
IS BEING WHITE A CURSE rr ????? (Feb '08) 7 min Unbiased 402
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Insults Are Easier 271,403
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min andet1987 5,918
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min lightbeamrider 176,948
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Jac 100,079
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min Serah 612,216
More from around the web