Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#655814 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about one poster, you magically turned it into all people.
I enjoy pissing off people like you, yes. The uber "intellectual" types that thik they are so bad ass with their vente coffee and their little blue recycling box and some stamped out, over-priced "degree".
IOW:
F_ck you.
OK, you concede you enjoy pissing off people.

You're a fool if you think you'll get somewhere that way.

You end up the loser.

You'll be deserted by those around you.

You know it, too, but you just can't help yourself.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#655815 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a typical atheist opinion.
Thanks for sharing.
Make me a sammich.
It's not an opinion.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#655816 Aug 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry RR. It is a lot more than opinion. It is consensus among archaeologists and anthropologists, studying Ancient Mesopotamia.
The stuff you would expect to find there, had the Bible been accurate, is simply not there
DF, I thought about you while watching a TV program on African crocodiles. Scientists who dive and swim with the animals, studying them and collecting DNA. It seems the crocs don't attack if you're beneath the surface, so the key to safety is to emerge from the depths to the surface and get on the boat as fast as possible. Anderson Cooper dove down with the crew.

Some stable somewhere

#655817 Aug 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention archaelogical inconsistency. You yourself know that a rich and succesful civilisation are usually identified by archaelogists by the the art and craft they had made. Pottery shards, rock art, hieroglyphs, statues, architecture are the telltale signs (of course you know, I am not explaining this for your benefit, but for our uneducated masses)
But what is very puzzling, is that during the reign of King David and King Solomon, Israel is portrayed by the Bible as being a big and powerful entity, with a large military and many cities. Once again,you know that a formidable military can only be supported by a large industry. Soldiers need to be horsed, armoured, clothed, fed and housed and industry is the way to achieve it.
Would you find it a big surprise that evidence of such an empire during the reign of King David is virtually zero?
Even worse. What unbiased sources mention King David? Kings like Simri are well documented. Surelu a mighty ruler like David would have plenty of independent sources, telling all of his conquests? Not only are these conquests not mentioned, King David is not mentioned.
Had he existed, it is a very sure bet that there never was an empire or an army as described in the OT
Really? I thought David and Solomon both existed - pretty sure we've found their buildings. It probably wasn't as large as portrayed in the Bible, since they'd be exaggerating for their cultural identity.

However, there was no Egyptian influence in the potteries of the Jews and no Jewish influence on the pottery of the Egyptians. Exodus is totally and utterly false - and even the Jews know this.

It's just certain, uneducated Christians who have issues here because they desperately want their mythological book to not be pretend.

Some stable somewhere

#655818 Aug 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> so your little voice says, you are spiritually destitute and a hypocrite because you impugn what is important to many others yet cry foul about all those phobias attributed to your groups. Keep your disbelief to yourself, creep
No, I won't. This is an open forum and I am here to share in the knowledge we have of science.

You're unable to put up any evidence so you immediately resort to attempts to silence and insult me.

That means you know that I am correct and you fear this information getting out. Thanks, Bongo, for the confirmation.

Some stable somewhere

#655819 Aug 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry RR. It is a lot more than opinion. It is consensus among archaeologists and anthropologists, studying Ancient Mesopotamia.
The stuff you would expect to find there, had the Bible been accurate, is simply not there
Well said.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#655820 Aug 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention archaelogical inconsistency. You yourself know that a rich and succesful civilisation are usually identified by archaelogists by the the art and craft they had made. Pottery shards, rock art, hieroglyphs, statues, architecture are the telltale signs (of course you know, I am not explaining this for your benefit, but for our uneducated masses)
But what is very puzzling, is that during the reign of King David and King Solomon, Israel is portrayed by the Bible as being a big and powerful entity, with a large military and many cities. Once again,you know that a formidable military can only be supported by a large industry. Soldiers need to be horsed, armoured, clothed, fed and housed and industry is the way to achieve it.
Would you find it a big surprise that evidence of such an empire during the reign of King David is virtually zero?
Even worse. What unbiased sources mention King David? Kings like Simri are well documented. Surelu a mighty ruler like David would have plenty of independent sources, telling all of his conquests? Not only are these conquests not mentioned, King David is not mentioned.
Had he existed, it is a very sure bet that there never was an empire or an army as described in the OT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/king...
Joby

Dover, DE

#655821 Aug 27, 2013
This one time I was walking and I bgan to get tired. As soon as I was thinking "gee golly whiz am I tired, I sure wish god would just carry me for a bit", an invisible force hoisted me up on its shoulder and carried me around the rest of the day. People were pretty shocked but I told them I was a magician because god asked me not to let them know he was helping me. He said I owed him one, kinda like the mob does when they do you a favor. disprove that! HA!
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#655822 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an opinion.
Yes I is, scientists don't know where to begin in understanding spiritual things.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#655823 Aug 27, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
Maybe you should just STFU and check yourself into the local mental institution where you rightfully belong.
Christianity Insanity...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ahvoFg-HZXYXX
Clearly the RiversideConArtist needs to be medicated.
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#655824 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I won't. This is an open forum and I am here to share in the knowledge we have of science.
You're unable to put up any evidence so you immediately resort to attempts to silence and insult me.
That means you know that I am correct and you fear this information getting out. Thanks, Bongo, for the confirmation.
Red herring?, Stop making claims that are not proven , only surmised. Stop crying foul about homophobia and athephobia etc you are a hypocrite. Even your TOE is a collection of guesses.
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#655826 Aug 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thy haven't found anything yet eh? If and when they do, the back peddling begins?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#655827 Aug 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What other country in the world has such a place as Hollywood and the mass media?
There is a difference between visiting nearby places like the ISS and the moon and living and breeding there. Both of those are still within this gravity well. The gravity at the ISS is still 90%, yet prolonged exposure does some serious modifications of the body process. Gravity is one of the glues that construct and bind you, and is instrumental in the directions it constructs you. It isn't just this vague force of the universe, it is also the geometry of its effects that pull things together in a certain configuration.
And don't forget the radiation and EM inductions created by bodies crossing those magnetic fields and charges that permeate the universe where matter is collected.
Your human body, and mind and existence as you believe it is derived, are totally dependent on the total environment it was developed in, the strength and geometry of those fields, to maintain it.
As I have pointed out before, your learning of physics is influenced by those shiny things they show you as atoms. You develop the belief everything works from the atom out. Just add atoms. You lose sight of the influence of other atoms and the forces they exert in the universe influencing those atoms and their assembly as masses, and derivative animation of. If it wasn't so you wouldn't have stars, chemistry, and various states of matter. Not a one of those is initiated by an atom from within itself.
You need to learn to separate the real physics from the religious portions of it in making your personal choices.
With that said, watch the "freethinking" Topix atheists start screeching they said, they said, they said in their attacks on me. Not a one will provide an iota of physics logic to refute what I just posted.
Yes you are right Dave except that a constant 1 g acceleration is exactly the same as being on Earth. It wouldn't be a good idea
for humans to develop in the womb or grow up in free fall,
because numerous reasons, including bone density would become problems. For those things to work correctly a ship would have to be made to accommodate that criteria of a constant 1 acceleration
either by its forward motion or centrifugal force.
Joby

Dover, DE

#655829 Aug 27, 2013
This whole thread reminds me of the time my car broke down too. I was sitting on the side of the highway and as cars passed by I saw the hawks circling the sky. I said to myself "dear baby jesus, I wish I could fly like those birds so I wouldnt have to depend on my car". Almost instantl I began to fly and havent needed to rely on stupid cars ever since. I imagine when I am flying that others cant see me since so far no ones has questioned or reported me. God is good! ;) I would love to see some of you rejects disprove that one! If you think you can I will fly over to where you are and show ya!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#655830 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought David and Solomon both existed - pretty sure we've found their buildings. It probably wasn't as large as portrayed in the Bible, since they'd be exaggerating for their cultural identity.
However, there was no Egyptian influence in the potteries of the Jews and no Jewish influence on the pottery of the Egyptians. Exodus is totally and utterly false - and even the Jews know this.
It's just certain, uneducated Christians who have issues here because they desperately want their mythological book to not be pretend.
Oh sure, they probably did exist. But the historical figure is a gross misrepresenation of the actual person. Kind of like what Stalin did when he edited the history books.

The fact is that no evidence of an empire exists during those days. The empire, the cities and the army were all fictionalised
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#655831 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus never happened, none of the miracles attributed to Jesus ever happened, the Flood never happened, Genesis is among the worst descriptions of the universe, and so on.
It's just a book of myths, mixed in with some biased representations of history to support the Ancient Israelites' cultural identity.
Youre claiming millions of people are idots living and dying for a myth. Now , midget, unequivocally demonstrate full proof of this specious statement of yours and don't forget to give credit to spiritual powers regardless of how alien that is to you.

Location hidden

#655833 Aug 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Topix atheist trolls.
No belief, no brains, just bullshit for the sake of bullshit.
All I want is some proof. Why is that asking for too much?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#655834 Aug 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Wait for the thesis, old boy.

I can find King David's palace in a remote part of SA, too. And I can get a reporter to cover it

Location hidden

#655835 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be your philosophy of life.
Bug people as much as you can.
What's this going to get you, in the long run?
What it has got him so far is a lot of people who wish he would drop dead. If I knew his address I'd send him a carton of cigarettes.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#655836 Aug 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Several of 'em, and they're vying fiercely with each other now.

Of course there are other governments, but in the private sector..
There is only one exception to the privatization of space industry
being US companies alone , that is Virgin Galactic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 673,026
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 14 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 22 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 28 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 43 min jj is cool 35
More from around the web