“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#655195 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Burmese introduced , pets that became too big and bothersome for their owners. But have done (like all introduced species) extremely well void of most predators, but the alligator is both predator and prey.
Ohh, Burmese pythons. Retics are bad. Huge, powerful snakes with a mean attitude.

I remember watching a doccie a few years back, they hunt smaller gators and adult gators can hunt them.

Introducing a new apex predator into an area needs very careful consideration. What is going to happen to the species below it on the food chain? I would not be surprised if you told me that there have been some critters going damn close to extinction

#655196 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac has a place called Lion Country Safari not far from where he lives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Country_Saf...
There isn't enough game of suitable size for them to really survive. Maybe out West with elk herds.
Like I posted earlier, you wouldn't believe the stuff that has been released in S. Florida.
They have saltwater crocs on the southern tip of the mainland and the Keys. Native. Miami Beach was one of the last large breeding areas for them.
Colorado has had gators for a little while.
http://coloradogators.net/
It gets 30 below Fahrenheit in that area. 7000+ ft elevation.
Jeezus. They actually introduced lions there?

Predator/prey ralations are a delicate balance. Too many herbivores, and the vegetation gets cleared up too quickly. Too many carnivores, and they would extictify the planteaters.

Here in SA, we are very careful when iy becomes apparent a new species has been introduced. A few years ago, there was a scare, because someone's Anacondas escaped. Our boys found the snakes fairly quickly

#655197 Aug 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Been there. Several times. Love it.
And yes, the American crocodile still lives here. It's a rare and shy creature, unlike its big Asian cousins.
We get Nile crocodiles here. Huge beasties. After Australian's Salties, the biggest reptile on the planet.

A very mean animal. See, modern day reptiles are not descended from dinosaurs - meaning that their intelligence is far below that of their Mesozoic cousins. Snakes, Komodo Dragons, Crocs, Gators, Caymans, Iguanas, etc, are not very intelligent animals. They lack coordination, pack mentality, language, etc. I would venture a guess that any of the reptiles I had mention only understands four types of animals: threats, prey, own infants and mates.

When we get to more intelligent animals, like birds or mammals, you find that they understand the concept of "friends" very well. They understand what a member of the same herd or pack is. You have mentorship roles and sometimes even a bromance is not out of the question.
None

Los Angeles, CA

#655198 Aug 24, 2013
The person making the claim is responsible for proving the claim. It is simple is that.

Also, yes, I think life would just a little, you know a tad bit, if we had undeniably proof that our scientific paradigms and all that rests on them was to be changed.

Your argument of pointlessness seems empty at the looks of it. But then again I am on crazy drug so this might all seem like bull shit,,. night

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#655199 Aug 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
What I see, cock sucker, is that you're a lying christian sack. And cleaning cages at work is just a part of the job, which really *does* make me think of you, you piece of shit.
As a christian, you actually do think you're hurting me; you desperately *want* to hurt me, you've *got* to try, but you can't. You proved to me once again what a hate-filled christian you are.
How many children have you molested this week, Ariel?
waaasssuuup wrote:
LOL - what a spaz!!!
you have NEVER lightened up on me and most all of my messages to you are chill:-(
You are the one who attempts to degrade me because I'm a veterinary technician, while you elevate yourself for being a hypocritical cock-sucking christian who breaks all of his own "savior's" commandments on an hourly basis.
You are a filthy piece of shit.
Wow. So that's an interesting job he has. I hope the hours aren't so long.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#655200 Aug 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Persecution points?"
Really?
You addressed that to the wrong poster.

:p

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655201 Aug 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, Burmese pythons. Retics are bad. Huge, powerful snakes with a mean attitude.
I remember watching a doccie a few years back, they hunt smaller gators and adult gators can hunt them.
Introducing a new apex predator into an area needs very careful consideration. What is going to happen to the species below it on the food chain? I would not be surprised if you told me that there have been some critters going damn close to extinction

I read they removed 1,800 since 2002 but yes they are decimating
the area.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#655202 Aug 24, 2013
Only REAL silly people ask for 'proof' of the Lord's existence.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#655203 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
the area.
They're snakes. You don't find them.

They find you.

Let's play find the deadly viper before it finds you.

http://conservationreport.files.wordpress.com...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#655204 Aug 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> perhaps if you thought, you would realize they were all drowned and could not write about it.
If it weren't for morons like you I would have nothing to do each morning while I drink my coffee. I'd have to look for a new thread.

I see you have passed with flying colors "How to be a fundie online".

But for those who may have joined us late, the Chinese and the Egyptians kept written records during the time that the stupid Bible tells us there was a world wide flood. The fact that such records exist to this day is proof that the flood is a myth and just as stupid as is everything else in the Wholly Babble. If the biblical flood drowned all the Chinese and Egyptians they could not have kept writing their history.

I know this is way too much to ask a Christian such as yourself Bongo to understand since to be a Christian one must be intentionally and willfully stupid.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655205 Aug 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWS FLASH - you can't produce evidence using toy chemistry sets! LOL!
NEWS FLASH _ Your God doesn't exist.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655206 Aug 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey hon, i know this has already been brought up, but did you see this in the news:[bogus "news" article snipped]
and you were mocking me because i said that it happens more than you think....:-)
You were being mocked because you are intentionally stupid. And personally I assert that you need to be mocked a hell of a lot more often. At least as often as your Wholly Babble is mocked! Mock, mock, mock.

Location hidden

#655207 Aug 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We get Nile crocodiles here. Huge beasties. After Australian's Salties, the biggest reptile on the planet.
A very mean animal. See, modern day reptiles are not descended from dinosaurs - meaning that their intelligence is far below that of their Mesozoic cousins. Snakes, Komodo Dragons, Crocs, Gators, Caymans, Iguanas, etc, are not very intelligent animals. They lack coordination, pack mentality, language, etc. I would venture a guess that any of the reptiles I had mention only understands four types of animals: threats, prey, own infants and mates.
When we get to more intelligent animals, like birds or mammals, you find that they understand the concept of "friends" very well. They understand what a member of the same herd or pack is. You have mentorship roles and sometimes even a bromance is not out of the question.
Salt water crocks are as scary as the great white. You don't want to be in the water with either of them.
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#655208 Aug 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for morons like you I would have nothing to do each morning while I drink my coffee. I'd have to look for a new thread.
I see you have passed with flying colors "How to be a fundie online".
But for those who may have joined us late, the Chinese and the Egyptians kept written records during the time that the stupid Bible tells us there was a world wide flood. The fact that such records exist to this day is proof that the flood is a myth and just as stupid as is everything else in the Wholly Babble. If the biblical flood drowned all the Chinese and Egyptians they could not have kept writing their history.
I know this is way too much to ask a Christian such as yourself Bongo to understand since to be a Christian one must be intentionally and willfully stupid.
You and that jizznasty scat loving proletariat witch bitch should get together. You and kait make a fine couple.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655209 Aug 24, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
All brainwashing institutions that create cults of ignorant, bigoted and potentially dangerous godbots like you should be burned down.
A local church was burnt to the ground in the small town where I live in an early morning 3am fire. But the story has a happy ending; the pastors house was burnt to the ground as well.

Location hidden

#655210 Aug 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They find you.
Oh you can find them, and some hunt them specifically to relocate them out the glades. A contest this year netted 68 of them, including a 11+ foot one.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1411970145/

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655211 Aug 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Riverside has occasional moments of lucidity. I've not entirely given him up.
Every time I've tried this in the past, I've been burned. But I do keep trying.
Personally I would be thrilled if I thought that The Riverside Con-artist was a man of his word, and left us alone, giving us some idiot relief, but alas, he lies about everything and I am sure that in no time he will be back to writing as many posts as possible that say absolutely nothing worth while.

We, The Riverside Con-Artist and myself see things differently. I for example what to reason together and reach some truth because I am not afraid of the truth, RCA however wants to prevent people from having any serious discussion because he knows any serious discussion will lead to conclusions that are not profitable for him.

If the truth, that there is no such thing as God, were to be known far and wide, we might all have to sit down together and figure out how we can best all get along together, in the world. Just like our American Founding Fathers did when they founded this country, America.

People who believe they have a right to force their beliefs on everyone in a country, like the Muslims who throw acid in the faces of women who let a strand of hair escape, need to be re-educated to the fact that they do not have any right to force people to behave as they want them to behave. The rights of each individual must be respected if we are ever going to achieve world peace.

Few if any, religious people can understand this. If Mo Mo tells them women must keep their hair covered then all women must obey. If a woman wants to walk around with her head uncovered it is her decision not some fanatical Islamic piece of shit to decide for her. And if that means the religion is destroyed, then good; it deserves to be destroyed.

#655213 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
the area.
This is why I feel there should be much more control when obtaining an exotic pet. Background checks should be made and environmental affairs should follow up on pet owners. Just like with guns, if your pet escapes, you need to notify the authorities.

#655214 Aug 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They find you.
If I am making out correctly, that is a Gaboon Viper, yes?

One of the deadliest snakes we have in SA. Has a particularly nasty venom. The neurotoxic component can kill rapidly, but the sitotoxic component destroys muscle tissue.

Also, it has the longest fangs of any snake on the planet - 2 inches long

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#655215 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
REVEREND ALAN!
"JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."
You have provided authorization for the destruction of Topix atheists, among others, without guilt or sin by the authority of Jesus. That means 2 billion people can tap dance on your head with no fear of displeasing their deity.
REALITY CHECK FOR DAVE NELSON!!!

It is YOU and not the Atheists who are the enemies of Jesus. Atheists are not the enemy of God, Christ-insanity-ists are!

I know you can't figure this out by yourself and that I will have to explain it to you. I'd really rather finish my morning margarita with fresh lime juice off my lime tree, but perhaps someone who can learn and change might want to see how ignorant and dishonest you are. So I write, not so much for you but to expose your Christian dog and pony show.

JESUS: John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Please name and list the commandments of Jesus that you keep.

Since you do not keep any of them the only conclusion is that you hate Jesus, like all Christians, and that you are an enemy of Jesus because of it.

Is ignorance of the commandments of Jesus an excuse for not obeying them? What do you believe?

Imagine it, Dave Nelson at the pearly gates saying:'but God I was unaware that I wasn't supposed to blah blah blah.' God replies, didn't I give you the God-damned Bible? Didn't you read the stupid thing? Ignorance of the law, do you really think it will fly? Looking at God's track record I doubt it. Looking at your track record, I hope you like long vacations in really hot places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min Roger Paul 849
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Aquarius-WY 542,532
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min waaasssuuup 227,515
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Johnny 3,092
These Honorable Men 11 min Carla34 7
The Anti-Christ 14 min End Of Days 3
Appjoy invite code 22 min lolman 72
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min Insults Are Easier 259,508
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr well 95,508
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 601,091
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••