Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#655261 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Devout Christians may encourage you to get into contact with the God that created you and your issues resulting in such ideations. They would believe God would accept your admissions of guilt and you could start off new. A reconciliation.
Those with less devoutness would hand you a gun and walk away.
Both would like to see you STFU.
As long as you keep posting nonsense and lies the Bible quotes that make you look stupid and ignorant will continue.

There is no such thing as a Christian, devout or otherwise. Name one Christian who is the real thing!

God did not create me. Life arose in this biosphere according to the laws of physics and it was my parents who created me. Everything that I am today was created in an exploding star, not by that imaginary sky god you and your fellow pew warmers invented.

Location hidden

#655262 Aug 24, 2013
Susie wrote:
The whole slavery thing? I am not sure that is a Christian concept either.[blah blah blah waste of time snipped]
The Indianapolis Star, one of the most conservative newspapers in the nation, has always quoted 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty," on the front of each and every issue. Yet, if the Bible were, indeed, the Word of God, as apologists allege, it would be difficult to find a comment more at variance with the facts. All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)" (See also: Ex. 21:2-6, Deut. 15:12, 28:68, and Jer.27:8,12).

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Clearly, according to the Bible, the spirit of the Lord has little to do with liberty. If they were inseparable, God wouldn't be supporting the slavemasters. Confederate leaders during the Civil War were quite correct when they contended the Bible supported slavery.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#655263 Aug 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you keep posting nonsense and lies the Bible quotes that make you look stupid and ignorant will continue.
There is no such thing as a Christian, devout or otherwise. Name one Christian who is the real thing!
God did not create me. Life arose in this biosphere according to the laws of physics and it was my parents who created me. Everything that I am today was created in an exploding star, not by that imaginary sky god you and your fellow pew warmers invented.
Your neural circuits show evidence of overloads in the past.

BTW, what caused the star to explode? Did it have unresolved issues like you do?
Bongo

United States

#655264 Aug 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember what you do to me you do to Jesus!
Matthew 25:40 MARY “Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me.’
Wrong! youre not a brother rather a vile enemy , a reprobate, a vessel of dishonor. You have no rights, except to recieve condemnation

Lamar, CO

#655265 Aug 24, 2013
It is no secret I think Buckethead is probably the most gifted musician of all time. His mastery of the instrument and range of emotional expression is beyond the norm, even beyond the genius. Some say he has the hands of God. I can agree.

But glorification of his talents isn't the reason for this post. It is an example of physical principles that can be seen in various ways.

Look at those hands. Controlling strings, coordinated with other matter such as his brain. All while waving that guitar through time and space. Him and his guitar become one. On the local level it starts as brain matter that extends to the rest of his body and that guitar. Direct physical contact. Though not really "direct", that is a relative term. There is what we consider separation by space between even the atoms comprising that larger collection of energy and motion. That collection then extends across vaster spaces and is received by other collections. Appreciated by some, and ignored by those preoccupied with their own more internalized noise.

Proximity of energy and mass gives leverage, which gives rise to that seeming single entity such as Buckethead, which then spreads to other collections of leverage.

Your Topix atheist deadness is based upon this very dry and dead perception we are just amalgamated shit. That may be true in their cases. But they all reveal passions and emotions common to human beings. They don't see the larger picture of life. That is what you get when you view yourself as a pile of shit, and what they then project onto others.

That understanding we are part of a greater expression can bring even shit to life.

I would like to bring one thing to those shit for brains intellects we call Topix atheists. Shit was dropped by something living.

:-)

One of my poetic moments. Poetry is life, not just chemicals.

Location hidden

#655266 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your neural circuits show evidence of overloads in the past.
BTW, what caused the star to explode? Did it have unresolved issues like you do?
Laws. Laws cause supernova's. And the law says that everything is material, there is nothing that is not material; therefore your supernatural God does not exist.

Location hidden

#655268 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
They don't see the larger picture of life. That is what you get when you view yourself as a pile of shit, and what they then project onto others.
That understanding we are part of a greater expression can bring even shit to life.
The larger picture of life, humm, that means believing just any old tale told. You do not get it Dave. Many Atheists believe they are part of something and clearly we all are. We are part of the Universe, whether we are a functioning part or an accident it doesn't matter the fact is we exist just like the moon and all the galaxies.

Do you really expect us to believe that you acting like a schitthead and preaching God, Jesus blah blah blah means you have an afterlife and those of us normal people who respect the rights of others don't?

What do you have that us normal people don't?

Lamar, CO

#655269 Aug 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws. Laws cause supernova's. And the law says that everything is material, there is nothing that is not material; therefore your supernatural God does not exist.
And laws are given by lawgivers.

Dumb ass.

Lamar, CO

#655272 Aug 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The larger picture of life, humm, that means believing just any old tale told. You do not get it Dave. Many Atheists believe they are part of something and clearly we all are. We are part of the Universe, whether we are a functioning part or an accident it doesn't matter the fact is we exist just like the moon and all the galaxies.
Do you really expect us to believe that you acting like a schitthead and preaching God, Jesus blah blah blah means you have an afterlife and those of us normal people who respect the rights of others don't?
What do you have that us normal people don't?
The absolute knowledge you aren't normal.

Any more questions?

And I don't preach YOUR Bible God and Jesus. I preach mechanics of life and a manufacturing of such. Reality based, not your la la land imaginations.

You won't, you can't, understand that. You lack the ability to not follow directions of words uttered toward you by others.

Lamar, CO

#655273 Aug 24, 2013
FollowerofLucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
laws of science are dictated by the Universe....just like your stupidity and ignorance...
Amusing.

Your choice of username is remarkably reflective of your emotional, intellectual, and individualistic existence.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#655274 Aug 24, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked for examples of serpents that aren't snakes.
I have him several.
Even the cucumber one you loved so much.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No one is denying that the word serpent can mean other things, we are disputing your ridiculous characterization of the term in context. Because, again, the context is very clear. The serpent is described as a wild animal.
To people like riversidehick, waaasssuuup and the other fanatics like them, the buybull means whatever they want it to mean at any given time.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655275 Aug 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know what ":p" means and i'm disapointed that you're fratanizing with peeps against me:(
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go there Mr. Flirts With Witch Wannabees.
What's the matter, are you jealous because he found out that you're a dude in female hormone therapy?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655276 Aug 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You're a nameless, faceless internet troll who has no life but Topix.....
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the tranny skank
You have me confused with your mother.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, there are some shitty gyms that allow your type in the womens' locker room, the kind that are afraid of pushy freaks suing them.
Are you trying to say that you frequent such gyms, analboy? How many have you been in? How many have *you* sued? Is *that* how you can afford to spend so much time here, without having to work?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655277 Aug 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>"Christianity Harms Society" Pol Pot 1963
"Gott mitt uns!!" Adolph Hitler.

Game, set and match.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655278 Aug 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the tranny skank
Please dont' use me for your sexual fantasies.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655279 Aug 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
What I see, cock sucker, is that you're a lying christian sack. And cleaning cages at work is just a part of the job, which really *does* make me think of you, you piece of shit.
As a christian, you actually do think you're hurting me; you desperately *want* to hurt me, you've *got* to try, but you can't. You proved to me once again what a hate-filled christian you are.
How many children have you molested this week, Ariel?
<quoted text>
You are the one who attempts to degrade me because I'm a veterinary technician, while you elevate yourself for being a hypocritical cock-sucking christian who breaks all of his own "savior's" commandments on an hourly basis.
You are a filthy piece of shit.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You talk just like an atheist,
More or less; atheists and myself *do* share a belief in telling the truth.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#655280 Aug 24, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> the pyramid in egypt prove's there is a God read (Jeramia 32:20. Isaiah 28:16) only a fool will say there is no God
Yeah! My blender proves god, too.

Sadly, my toaster does not

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655281 Aug 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Only REAL silly people ask for 'proof' of the Lord's existence.
Want to buy an oil well?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#655282 Aug 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You and that jizznasty scat loving proletariat witch bitch should get together. You and kait make a fine couple.
Don't you just love this kind of christian talk, folks? They're so inspiring with their self-proclaimed "moral superiority."
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655283 Aug 24, 2013
RetardoFire wrote:
Your atheist cult...
The Truth is Known...

Atheism isn't a cult. Atheism is the rejection of religious dogma. There are no beliefs to rejecting Dark Ages dogma. You're a mentally retarded and certifiably insane self-righteous bigoted Christian godbot who should be institutionalized for the rest of your absolutely worthless life.

Arnold has a message especially for retards like you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Just Think 673,288
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Highrolla90 445,812
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 5 hr discocrisco 1
News The First Market Test In The Trump Presidency? 5 hr discocrisco 1
News Twentynine Palms - DesertVictorville man suspec... 5 hr discocrisco 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,051
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 hr COOTERDOG 104,720
More from around the web