Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#655133 Aug 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is impeccable! You make a excellent point. If the Bible is to be accepted as reliable because it mentions, occasionally, a real place, then is any book that mentions a real place, like Dracula in London proof of the existence of Dracula. No of course not.
However that is way beyond the comprehension and honesty of The Riverside Con-artist. He will lie right in your face, he is pathetic and dishonest.
The unscientific aspect of biblical teachings is also shown in the fact that many mythological creatures are spoken of as if they were, in fact, real. The manner in which they are described and the context within which this occurs show biblical writers felt they actually existed. Some of the prominent examples are:
cockatrices (Jer. 8:17, Isa. 11:8 59:5),
unicorns (Deut. 33:17, Psalms 22:21. 29:6, Job 39:9-10),
satyrs (Isa. 34:14, 13:21)
fiery serpents (Num. 21:6),
and flying serpents (Isa. 14:29, 30:6).
Does the Riverside Con-artist believe Satyrs are actual real creatures because the book about them contains the name of a city that actually exists, like Dracula in the city of London?
With The Riverside Con-artist is is always a guess as to what he believes; today he believes one thing and tomorrow another.
On Monday he believes Noah was a drunk [Genesis 9:21 (Noah "drank of the wine, and was drunken")]
But on Tuesday he believes Noah was perfect [Genesis 6:9 ("Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations")].
Perhaps Noah was the perfect drunk?
the garden "Serpent" : a mythological creature -more powerful than man - less powerful than god
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655134 Aug 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I see what you did there.
Python = likes to strangle its prey.
Wear him on your head = head gets strangled.
Do you think he will?
Why did you have to give Aura's plan on ridding this forum of Davey away?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#655138 Aug 23, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
DARN IT!! I did, huh?

He probably won't buy a python anyhow.....*winks*.....

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#655139 Aug 23, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wouldn't have bought it.

Stupid plan. Had to give away. He should have checked with you first, though.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#655141 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wouldn't have bought it.
Stupid plan. Had to give away. He should have checked with you first, though.
Actually it be pretty cool it you could get a python to stay on your head like a maharajas headdress.
heheheh

Lamar, CO

#655142 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it be pretty cool it you could get a python to stay on your head like a maharajas headdress.
heheheh
Try it and post us a picture.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#655143 Aug 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
just when i was starting to think that Al could be a brother, you go and take away his persecution points!
gt busy drawing some heat, Al, or i'm gonna question why these folks hate me & Jesus but like you....
Ohhhhh.... Waaaasss.... You know I love you man.

“Stand fast in the faith, and love you all one another and do not let our sufferings be a stumbling block to you.”

-Vibia Perpetua

AD 203 (Carthage)

The problem that I personally see with persecution is that it implies that my opponents are evil – and no common ground can be found with evil.

I believe that when someone is persecuting you there is no room for dialogue. Only bitter endings.

Persecution for me implies that I'm a victim. I've never been a victim. I've never used the race card and so also will never use the religion card.

Christianity is the Major religion in the United States. Most politicians claim to be Christians and I see far more Churches in my travels than i see mosques or atheist meeting centers.

So no..... I don't feel persecuted at all.
However, I do welcome criticism as it allows me to honestly look deeper into my personal beliefs.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#655144 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You should go catch a big python, you could wear him on your head...lol
If I am not mistaken, the pythons in yhe Everglades are Reticulated Pythons, yes? I understand that they should nit be found there, they were introduced by god-knows-what. Am I right?

If I am, that pisses me off. To introduce a new apex predator into the wild? That is very irresponsible. Might as well export lions to North America, or Saltwater Crocs to Asia.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#655145 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not mistaken, the pythons in yhe Everglades are Reticulated Pythons, yes? I understand that they should nit be found there, they were introduced by god-knows-what. Am I right?
If I am, that pisses me off. To introduce a new apex predator into the wild? That is very irresponsible. Might as well export lions to North America, or Saltwater Crocs to Asia.
Burmese introduced , pets that became too big and bothersome for their owners. But have done (like all introduced species) extremely well void of most predators, but the alligator is both predator and prey.

Lamar, CO

#655146 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac has a place called Lion Country Safari not far from where he lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Country_Saf...

There isn't enough game of suitable size for them to really survive. Maybe out West with elk herds.

Like I posted earlier, you wouldn't believe the stuff that has been released in S. Florida.

They have saltwater crocs on the southern tip of the mainland and the Keys. Native. Miami Beach was one of the last large breeding areas for them.

Colorado has had gators for a little while.

http://coloradogators.net/

It gets 30 below Fahrenheit in that area. 7000+ ft elevation.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#655147 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The same has happened with the snakehead, the Chinese to thank for that.

Lamar, CO

#655148 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Burmese introduced , pets that became too big and bothersome for their owners. But have done (like all introduced species) extremely well void of most predators, but the alligator is both predator and prey.
Actually, south Florida has always been prime environment for wily serpents, with or without legs. Has about the largest and most diverse collections of carpetbaggers in the universe. Honest. Good reason to never do business with a south Florida firm.

Lamar, CO

#655149 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The same has happened with the snakehead, the Chinese to thank for that.
Vegetation is bad, too. Australian pines, Melaleuca, and Brazilan pepper have infested the area. Melaleuca are actually drying up swamps, which is what they were imported for. A lot of those invasive plants came over in the 20's as windbreaks or swampeaters.

Tamarisk, Russian Olive, and Siberian Elm has spread like crazy over the Southwest. Those problems started in the 1800's. However, in some places you wouldn't have any trees without those olive and elms. Terrible for water and sewer lines. Tamarisk replaced the natural trees along rivers.

Kudzu has left its mark, too. Makes for boring scenery mile after mile after mile. You know that stuff, Aura. Looks like it has some food value, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#United_Sta...
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655150 Aug 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
DARN IT!! I did, huh?
He probably won't buy a python anyhow.....*winks*.....
You performed your good deed of the day. Aura could have gotten into trouble encouraging a mentally retarded douchebag to use a python as a hat, but the thought of no Davey is oh so nice!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#655151 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac has a place called Lion Country Safari not far from where he lives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Country_Saf...
There isn't enough game of suitable size for them to really survive. Maybe out West with elk herds.
Like I posted earlier, you wouldn't believe the stuff that has been released in S. Florida.
They have saltwater crocs on the southern tip of the mainland and the Keys. Native. Miami Beach was one of the last large breeding areas for them.
Colorado has had gators for a little while.
http://coloradogators.net/
It gets 30 below Fahrenheit in that area. 7000+ ft elevation.
Been there. Several times. Love it.

And yes, the American crocodile still lives here. It's a rare and shy creature, unlike its big Asian cousins.

Lamar, CO

#655152 Aug 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Been there. Several times. Love it.
And yes, the American crocodile still lives here. It's a rare and shy creature, unlike its big Asian cousins.
They aren't as aggressive as the Old World crocs, but they do attack and kill people. Much more aggressive than alligators.

Out on the water being above them is what makes both of them seem timid. Get in the water and it gets different. Get in the water and splash around and you are dinner. Pure reaction. Alligators will eat deer and black bear, they will eat humans thrashing around in the water, such as idiot Irishmen falling over in kayaks. Alligators don't think. Period. They are dumb.

They also don't tend to run from humans when on ground. In fact, for several yards they can run faster than a human. Momma and hungry alligators on land are nothing to take for granted. Especially if you beach a kayak near one.

Used to have a lot of those South American black caimans in the Glades outside Miami. Pet shop discards. Not as big as gators, but will snatch your dog in a hurry if it swims a little too far.

Had a spot on the edge of town where two canals intersected and Oscars took up residence. Lot's of them. They loved 6 inch bright green plastic worms. They got pretty large, a pound or more. Fought better than bass,

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#655154 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
a~~~~! yokoatta!
chotto shimpai dattandesune.
Don't scare me like that!
...... Lets try this again........

http://youtu.be/5PmnKOkt7fI

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#655155 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't as aggressive as the Old World crocs, but they do attack and kill people. Much more aggressive than alligators.
Out on the water being above them is what makes both of them seem timid. Get in the water and it gets different. Get in the water and splash around and you are dinner. Pure reaction. Alligators will eat deer and black bear, they will eat humans thrashing around in the water, such as idiot Irishmen falling over in kayaks. Alligators don't think. Period. They are dumb.
They also don't tend to run from humans when on ground. In fact, for several yards they can run faster than a human. Momma and hungry alligators on land are nothing to take for granted. Especially if you beach a kayak near one.
Used to have a lot of those South American black caimans in the Glades outside Miami. Pet shop discards. Not as big as gators, but will snatch your dog in a hurry if it swims a little too far.
Had a spot on the edge of town where two canals intersected and Oscars took up residence. Lot's of them. They loved 6 inch bright green plastic worms. They got pretty large, a pound or more. Fought better than bass,
Laffin. This Irishman's just about not-idiot enough to stay in the kayak. And bring gator repellant.
And yes, gators and crocs WILL take yer dog in a Miami microsecond. We tell tourists and snowbirds not to walk Little Fifi by the water. To a gator, that's a marshmallow on a string.

I'd not known about the caymans, I've not seen one around here, but I'm not surprised.

Lamar, CO

#655156 Aug 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin. This Irishman's just about not-idiot enough to stay in the kayak. And bring gator repellant.
And yes, gators and crocs WILL take yer dog in a Miami microsecond. We tell tourists and snowbirds not to walk Little Fifi by the water. To a gator, that's a marshmallow on a string.
I'd not known about the caymans, I've not seen one around here, but I'm not surprised.
The caimans were out on the Tamiami and in the SW section of the county. Pretty common. Pointy snouts. They had been released for years. They were popular in pet shops in the 50's and 60's. Got big and people dumped them in the canals on the edge of town. Were probably at least 2 or 3 varieties.

There should be a million varieties of turtles out there. I had 5 at one time. Woolworth and Kresge's had a pet section that had quite a selection of turtles and other critters. Seem to remember parakeets for a dollar or two back then.

Speaking of turtles. My uncle was a truck driver and picked up a big river cooter while driving down one time and gave it to me. I put it in a wash tub and would reach in and grab it by its sides and take it out to play with. I was a kid. One day I stuck an old broom handle in there and it bit it and broke it. That impressed me. Let it go in a canal by a friend's house next time I visited.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#655157 Aug 23, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you keep losing.
<quoted text>
Because he didn't compare to these famous Pagans: Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Axiothea of Phlius (a woman; *that* should piss you off!!), Hermodorus, Titus Albucius, Lao Tzu, Wen Tzu, Confucius, the Gautama Buddha, Dong Zhongshu, Mencius (he was an idealist who proposed that mankind is innately benevolent; but then, he never met you), Zengzi....and I haven't even scratched the surface yet.
Hey, while your sucking on things, put down that cigarette and suck on this little tidbit: America is a *REPUBLIC,* so that means it was originally founed on Greco-Roman *PAGAN* values.
Okay, go back to sucking on your stick.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are beliefs it was Iroquois Confederacy, not Greco-Roman.
I guess that's why those buildings in Washington DC look so much like Iroquois tipis rather than Roman and Greek architecture.

You don't know your history. Did you ever go to high school?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 92,442
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Skittlez8773 285,991
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Pixy6362 667,640
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Brian_G 445,566
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Peace_Warrior 619,216
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr Badass white boy 530
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr bad bob 183,614
More from around the web