Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#655126 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think feeding gators is also frowned upon by Game and Fish.
New Mexico, Dave?

I think they're the only state says "Game and Fish". Everyone else says "Fish and Game"...
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655127 Aug 23, 2013
Forum wrote:
Men that bother other people are worms.
The Truth is Known...

Congratulations! You've openly acknowledged being a worm.

Brainwashed religious cultists like you who mindlessly adhere to ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma are inevitably menaces to society without any socially redeemable qualities.

Fortunately, there's hope for worms like you...

Lamar, CO

#655128 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is a hunting season for them.
One town had them protected till they sb
snatched a few people, they reversed the law. Them now being any gators over 4 feet length must be relocated or destroyed.
They were totally protected in Florida for a long, long time, but the poachers almost did them in. I knew some poachers from that time. Couldn't agree with their business, though. Back in the 60's the big money was gator bellies. They went out, killed as many gators as they could, and just cut the belly skins out, leaving the rest to rot. The bigger the gator, the bigger the belly. Got where a 10 foot gator was big and rare. Was the ban on alligator hides that let them come back.

During the droughts they created gator holes, solitary pools of water in dried up Everglades where all the water life retreated to and sprang back from when the water rose again. The poaching was killing the Glades. Florida is very protective of its alligators.

Lamar, CO

#655129 Aug 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>New Mexico, Dave?
I think they're the only state says "Game and Fish". Everyone else says "Fish and Game"...
Used to be Florida Freshwater and Game Commission if I remember right. Has been almost 20 years since I left.

Used to get combo freshwater fishing and hunting license for $4.50 long before I left. No license required for saltwater, but bag limits on some. There were no seasons on snook or tarpon back then. Caught landlocked tarpon in freshwater canals. Snook, too.

During the drought of 1970 they dropped bag limits on freshwater fish in the Glades. All the bass you could catch.

You knew who I was referring to.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#655130 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They were totally protected in Florida for a long, long time, but the poachers almost did them in. I knew some poachers from that time. Couldn't agree with their business, though. Back in the 60's the big money was gator bellies. They went out, killed as many gators as they could, and just cut the belly skins out, leaving the rest to rot. The bigger the gator, the bigger the belly. Got where a 10 foot gator was big and rare. Was the ban on alligator hides that let them come back.
During the droughts they created gator holes, solitary pools of water in dried up Everglades where all the water life retreated to and sprang back from when the water rose again. The poaching was killing the Glades. Florida is very protective of its alligators.
You should go catch a big python, you could wear him on your head...lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#655131 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You should go catch a big python, you could wear him on your head...lol
I see what you did there.

Python = likes to strangle its prey.
Wear him on your head = head gets strangled.

Do you think he will?

:o)

Lamar, CO

#655132 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You should go catch a big python, you could wear him on your head...lol
They became a problem after my time.

You wouldn't believe the critters they sold in pet shops in Miami before the 70's. Electric eels, all sorts of monkeys and exotic Central and South American fish and fauna, including some relative of the mountain lion. Drug dealers loved those lions.$500 a week pet food bill. The exotic fish and plants brought in, sold, released and propagated was staggering. Oh, and there was a fair amount of illegal importing. Never know what you will run into now.

A trip to a pet shop was like a trip to the zoo.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#655133 Aug 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is impeccable! You make a excellent point. If the Bible is to be accepted as reliable because it mentions, occasionally, a real place, then is any book that mentions a real place, like Dracula in London proof of the existence of Dracula. No of course not.
However that is way beyond the comprehension and honesty of The Riverside Con-artist. He will lie right in your face, he is pathetic and dishonest.
The unscientific aspect of biblical teachings is also shown in the fact that many mythological creatures are spoken of as if they were, in fact, real. The manner in which they are described and the context within which this occurs show biblical writers felt they actually existed. Some of the prominent examples are:
cockatrices (Jer. 8:17, Isa. 11:8 59:5),
unicorns (Deut. 33:17, Psalms 22:21. 29:6, Job 39:9-10),
satyrs (Isa. 34:14, 13:21)
fiery serpents (Num. 21:6),
and flying serpents (Isa. 14:29, 30:6).
Does the Riverside Con-artist believe Satyrs are actual real creatures because the book about them contains the name of a city that actually exists, like Dracula in the city of London?
With The Riverside Con-artist is is always a guess as to what he believes; today he believes one thing and tomorrow another.
On Monday he believes Noah was a drunk [Genesis 9:21 (Noah "drank of the wine, and was drunken")]
But on Tuesday he believes Noah was perfect [Genesis 6:9 ("Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations")].
Perhaps Noah was the perfect drunk?
the garden "Serpent" : a mythological creature -more powerful than man - less powerful than god
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#655134 Aug 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I see what you did there.
Python = likes to strangle its prey.
Wear him on your head = head gets strangled.
Do you think he will?
Why did you have to give Aura's plan on ridding this forum of Davey away?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#655138 Aug 23, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
DARN IT!! I did, huh?

He probably won't buy a python anyhow.....*winks*.....

Lamar, CO

#655139 Aug 23, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wouldn't have bought it.

Stupid plan. Had to give away. He should have checked with you first, though.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#655141 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wouldn't have bought it.
Stupid plan. Had to give away. He should have checked with you first, though.
Actually it be pretty cool it you could get a python to stay on your head like a maharajas headdress.
heheheh

Lamar, CO

#655142 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it be pretty cool it you could get a python to stay on your head like a maharajas headdress.
heheheh
Try it and post us a picture.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#655143 Aug 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
just when i was starting to think that Al could be a brother, you go and take away his persecution points!
gt busy drawing some heat, Al, or i'm gonna question why these folks hate me & Jesus but like you....
Ohhhhh.... Waaaasss.... You know I love you man.

“Stand fast in the faith, and love you all one another and do not let our sufferings be a stumbling block to you.”

-Vibia Perpetua

AD 203 (Carthage)

The problem that I personally see with persecution is that it implies that my opponents are evil – and no common ground can be found with evil.

I believe that when someone is persecuting you there is no room for dialogue. Only bitter endings.

Persecution for me implies that I'm a victim. I've never been a victim. I've never used the race card and so also will never use the religion card.

Christianity is the Major religion in the United States. Most politicians claim to be Christians and I see far more Churches in my travels than i see mosques or atheist meeting centers.

So no..... I don't feel persecuted at all.
However, I do welcome criticism as it allows me to honestly look deeper into my personal beliefs.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#655144 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
If I am not mistaken, the pythons in yhe Everglades are Reticulated Pythons, yes? I understand that they should nit be found there, they were introduced by god-knows-what. Am I right?

If I am, that pisses me off. To introduce a new apex predator into the wild? That is very irresponsible. Might as well export lions to North America, or Saltwater Crocs to Asia.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#655145 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not mistaken, the pythons in yhe Everglades are Reticulated Pythons, yes? I understand that they should nit be found there, they were introduced by god-knows-what. Am I right?
If I am, that pisses me off. To introduce a new apex predator into the wild? That is very irresponsible. Might as well export lions to North America, or Saltwater Crocs to Asia.
Burmese introduced , pets that became too big and bothersome for their owners. But have done (like all introduced species) extremely well void of most predators, but the alligator is both predator and prey.

Lamar, CO

#655146 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac has a place called Lion Country Safari not far from where he lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Country_Saf...

There isn't enough game of suitable size for them to really survive. Maybe out West with elk herds.

Like I posted earlier, you wouldn't believe the stuff that has been released in S. Florida.

They have saltwater crocs on the southern tip of the mainland and the Keys. Native. Miami Beach was one of the last large breeding areas for them.

Colorado has had gators for a little while.

http://coloradogators.net/

It gets 30 below Fahrenheit in that area. 7000+ ft elevation.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#655147 Aug 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The same has happened with the snakehead, the Chinese to thank for that.

Lamar, CO

#655148 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Burmese introduced , pets that became too big and bothersome for their owners. But have done (like all introduced species) extremely well void of most predators, but the alligator is both predator and prey.
Actually, south Florida has always been prime environment for wily serpents, with or without legs. Has about the largest and most diverse collections of carpetbaggers in the universe. Honest. Good reason to never do business with a south Florida firm.

Lamar, CO

#655149 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The same has happened with the snakehead, the Chinese to thank for that.
Vegetation is bad, too. Australian pines, Melaleuca, and Brazilan pepper have infested the area. Melaleuca are actually drying up swamps, which is what they were imported for. A lot of those invasive plants came over in the 20's as windbreaks or swampeaters.

Tamarisk, Russian Olive, and Siberian Elm has spread like crazy over the Southwest. Those problems started in the 1800's. However, in some places you wouldn't have any trees without those olive and elms. Terrible for water and sewer lines. Tamarisk replaced the natural trees along rivers.

Kudzu has left its mark, too. Makes for boring scenery mile after mile after mile. You know that stuff, Aura. Looks like it has some food value, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#United_Sta...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 670,531
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Farting Hillary 101,153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 286,470
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 25 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
More from around the web