“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#654659 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It was well written because only I am right.
Just like every believer of every religion, I know I have the one, true worldview.
To equate all ways of knowing, you must stop caring about what is actually true. If you care about what is actually true, only rational skepticism and its derivatives have a solid track record in that arena.

Islam and Christianity are roughly equivalent. They display about the same level of wrongness.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#654661 Aug 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
To equate all ways of knowing, you must stop caring about what is actually true. If you care about what is actually true, only rational skepticism and its derivatives have a solid track record in that arena.
Islam and Christianity are roughly equivalent. They display about the same level of wrongness.
That's a very good point, Tide. You might be on to the path of scientific methodologies.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#654662 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Instead of addressing your poor behavior, you deflect and make something up about me.
2. I'm not bigoted toward Christians. I don't use the word "Christian" to discriminate or categorize entire groups of people.
3. I have written that short earth, science denying Creationists are ignorant and uneducated though.
But you love me anyway.......:D

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#654663 Aug 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the two boobs of belief Islam and Christianity :)
The Truth is Known

Phoenix, AZ

#654664 Aug 21, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
But you love me anyway
The Truth is Known...

You're still a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist even though it's been explained to you repeatedly that organized religion is a hoax. A coward deserves contempt not love!

Christian Cowardice in Pascal's Wager...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#654665 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It was well written because only I am right.
Just like every believer of every religion, I know I have the one, true worldview.
Well you may be right.

But I'm awesome.

So there.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#654667 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice, however, that I am using "God did it" rather than the pejorative that you are using.
Anyways, claiming that "God did it" is not knowledge. It's intellectual laziness.
But what do I know, I'm just a h*nky.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#654668 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"But professor Paul Kurtz of the State University of New York at Buffalo, who heads an organization that investigates claims of the paranormal, says he thinks the parents are "self-deceived."
"They're fascinated by the mysterious and they built up a fairy tale," he said."
from skeptic:
"Looks pretty conclusive from the way it was presented on ABC, yes? Actually no. The TV company, looking for ratings rather than the truth, didnít tell the full story."
and
"This young boy, not unusually, is excited by the planes, and remembers the name of the distinctive Corsair he saw with the unusual gull-wing, plus many other details, including things his mother didnít remember, such as these drop fuel tanks that are also displayed at the museum.
Naturally, this small boy was fascinated by warplanes and he remembered obscure details about them that his mother didnít. Of course, he enjoyed showing off this knowledge to her, later.
However, although he was excited by the planes, the images of WWII battles also frightened him, and they soon began to give him nightmares about being trapped in a plane on fire.
This is when the real problem starts. The childís grandmother, for no obvious rational reason I can think of, suggests he is remembering a past life."
You go ahead and believe their beliefs if you wish. It's your reality. You can also go back and read what you wrote that I responded to.

Someday I may explain to you why your learning your first language has interfered with your development in learning and understanding. Has to do with phonetic sounds and associations having to be modified by additional layers to accommodate the new language and associations, The initial imprint from a particular sound doesn't get erased, it gets patched over.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#654669 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"But professor Paul Kurtz of the State University of New York at Buffalo, who heads an organization that investigates claims of the paranormal, says he thinks the parents are "self-deceived."
"They're fascinated by the mysterious and they built up a fairy tale," he said."
from skeptic:
"Looks pretty conclusive from the way it was presented on ABC, yes? Actually no. The TV company, looking for ratings rather than the truth, didnít tell the full story."
and
"This young boy, not unusually, is excited by the planes, and remembers the name of the distinctive Corsair he saw with the unusual gull-wing, plus many other details, including things his mother didnít remember, such as these drop fuel tanks that are also displayed at the museum.
Naturally, this small boy was fascinated by warplanes and he remembered obscure details about them that his mother didnít. Of course, he enjoyed showing off this knowledge to her, later.
However, although he was excited by the planes, the images of WWII battles also frightened him, and they soon began to give him nightmares about being trapped in a plane on fire.
This is when the real problem starts. The childís grandmother, for no obvious rational reason I can think of, suggests he is remembering a past life."
I mentioned this earlier.

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-s...

You believe a 18 month or two year old has the ability to form that kind of story with those kind of details? Enough to watch movies and actually understand all that he sees to create such a story? Enough to give him nightmares? Enough to understand things like death, for one.

Tells us about your 2 year old world view.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#654670 Aug 21, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, fair witch
Ciao, bello!

#654671 Aug 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it hurt to be stupid?
Not him; he's gotten used to it.

Come stai, Bats?

#654672 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. The atheist "poofing" & "Goddidit" remarks are analogous to the theist "fish can't grow legs" remarks.
Some fish did. It took a few generations, but they did.

Didn't you ever go to school? Never mind, it's a rhetorical question.

#654673 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. The atheist "poofing" & "Goddidit" remarks are analogous to the theist "fish can't grow legs" remarks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_fish

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

You were saying?

#654674 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "black people are born that way" and you take such offense?
If you think that gay people are born that way, you're more than welcome to prove that idea right.
In the meantime, we true freethinkers will go on thinking that people choose sexuality and that NO infant has a sexual desire.
You--a slave to your superstition and religion, who believes only what he's told to believe by his pastor--call yourself a free-thinker?

How's that work?

#654675 Aug 21, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You don't know, either. That's why you won't answer.
<quoted text>
How?
"Let there be...." In other words, "Poof!!"
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. "In the beginning, God CREATED..."

Dumb witch.
By saying, "Let there be..." In other words, Poof!!

Dumb christian.
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Cast me out ot smite me or something.
"Ot smite" you? You're gettin' a little incoherent there, aren't you, scooter? Not so sure of your godly position, huh?

#654676 Aug 21, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is not not clarified? That it was the Pharoah's representatives who had perished,.not the phoroah himself?
Of course I do not believe the Biblical account. The Bible lost my interest as soon as it said plants were created before the sun.
He's spinning as fast as he can; he's gonna fall down in a minute, and bump his li'l head again.

#654677 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, fair enough. I'm sure they weren't.
Byt the Serpent figuratively describes biblical places like as Egypt (Jer.46:22), and the city of Dan (Gen.49:17).
In Jeremiah, he also compares the King of Babylon to a serpent (Jer.51:34).
So unless places and people are also snakes, the Hebrews had several used for the word "serpent". It seems it was most commonly used to describe deceit or a deceiver, not a snake.
London was described in "Dracula," so by your alleged reasoning "Dracula" musta been a true story.

You really are weak in your faith; you demonstrate time and again that the only way you can validate it in your own mind is by trying to shove it onto others.

You're a miserable failure.

#654678 Aug 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That was my previous residence.:-[
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD! the watts district projects are no place for a delicate hottie!:)
"She" is a *he.* A transitional one, anyway.

#654679 Aug 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
knock yourself out, BenCain, but i'm not pagan like you.....
We Pagans wouldn't have you.

#654680 Aug 21, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
What do *you* know of objective anthropological observations? You are 99.5% religitard idiot and 5% moron.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
similar to hidingfromyou, i have an honorary degree in the field from the university of WASUP
Which isn't worth the construction paper you printed it on with your red crayon. I've seen degrees on the backs of cereal boxes that are more valid than yours.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>and i'm proud to report that i graduated top in my class!
Your class of one. Big fuckin' whoop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min shyam 5,496
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 19 min _Bad Company 1,890
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min fakyumom 604,738
Moses never existed 39 min KiMare 719
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Tony17 558,856
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min KiMare 96,710
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dolphin 441,751
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Catcher1 175,509
More from around the web