Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#654771 Aug 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken-hearted, are you?
LOL! coochy coochy coo - i suspect someone may be ticklish....;)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#654772 Aug 22, 2013
A topic that has always been of great interest to students of the Bible is the Flood, an alleged event more cataclysmic than any other natural disaster in history. BE will not discuss the scientific data used by proponents to support their beliefs. Instead, two kinds of information will be used to show the Flood Theory lacks credibility. The Commentary in next month's issue will discuss the large number of contradictions between verses with respect to what occurred; while this month's Commentary will concentrate on the great number of difficulties, impossibilities, and unanswered question accompanying the Biblical account. Anyone believing in the Flood must provide rational answers to the following questions:

•(a) Gen. 6:16 says, "A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finisn it above;...." How could so many creatures breathe with only one small opening which was closed for at least 190 days--150 days plus an additional 40 days (Gen. 8:3-6)?

Location hidden

#654773 Aug 22, 2013
•(b) Gen. 6:15 says, "The length of the ark shall be 300 cubits(450 feet), the breadth of it 50 cubits (75 feet), and the height of it 30 cubits (45 feet)." How could two of every animal survive for approximately 10 months on a boat encompassing1,518,750 cubic feet? The food alone would absorb tremendous space.

Location hidden

#654774 Aug 22, 2013
•(c) Gen. 6:17 says, "I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die." Gen. 7:4 reinforces this point, "...and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth." Yet, how would a flood destroy sea animals, such as whales, porpoises, sea snakes, dolphins, amphibians, and all animals entirely underwater?

Location hidden

#654775 Aug 22, 2013
•(d) Gen. 7:8-9 says, "Of clean beasts, and of beast that are not clean, and fowls of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and female, as God had commanded Noah." The problems associated with this account of the creatures entering the Ark are particularly interesting. How did animals that are restricted to certain parts of the earth get to the Ark? Penguins, kangaroos, polar bears, koala bears, and many others would have to have crossed vast oceans. How animals from other continents managed to cross the seas can only be surmised. How did many of the animals withstand climatic changes? Many of those from polar regions could not have withstood the heat of the Middle East. How were animals prevented from killing their natural prey? Slow animals from other continents--snails, sloths, turtles, and so forth--must have started their journey to the Ark before the earth was created! How did only 8 people feed and water the world's greatest zoo for many months? How was the Ark kept sanitary, since there was only one window and one door? How did the animals know where to go when the time arrived to enter the Ark? After being released, how did they return to their respective regions of the world? The vegetation which many animals eat only grows in certain parts of the world. How was it brought to the Ark for storage? Are we to believe that two of every species--two dogs, two cats, two elephants, two snakes, and so forth--entered the Ark? If so, then are we to also believe, for example, that the tremendous variety of dogs in the world today, from the great dane to the chihuahua, descended from two of the species? This would mark a tremendous evolutionary change in only a few thousand years. Yet, biblicists are the ones who denounce the theory of evolution. And how did the animals know when to seek the Ark? The text implies they just came voluntarily.

Location hidden

#654776 Aug 22, 2013
•(e) Gen. 7:15 says, "And they went in unto Noah into the Ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life." How did water creatures such as whales, porpises, sea snakes, dolphins, and so forth enter the Ark? Moreover, since millions of species of animal exist throughout the world, how could a pair have been taken from each? There are over 500,000 separate species of insects alone.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#654777 Aug 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Odin is much more powerful than your puny god
<quoted text>
No they won't. They'll just die, as they're doing now.
<quoted text>
Your "lord" is a crappy little book of lies.
Inherit *this,* bugfuck.
don't be so dumb as to exclude yourself from the meek, hon; i want you with me;)

Location hidden

#654778 Aug 22, 2013
•(f) Gen. 8:4 states, "And the ark rested in the 7th month on the 17th day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat." How could the Ark have rested upon several mountains at once?
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#654779 Aug 22, 2013
correction to the last "defined by me": "defined by me in my current mind." That last one all applies to my current writing.

Location hidden

#654780 Aug 22, 2013
•(g) "Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground (Gen. 8:8)." Why did Noah send a bird to learn what was clearly evident?
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#654781 Aug 22, 2013
not "current writing," "current mind"

Location hidden

#654782 Aug 22, 2013
•(h) Gen. 8:11 says, "And the dove came in to him in the evening; and lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf plucked off." It's difficult to believe a dove could have found an olive leaf to freshly pluck in a world that had been submerged for nearly a year.

Location hidden

#654783 Aug 22, 2013
•(i) Gen. 8:20 states, "And Noah builded an alter unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the alter." Killing animals of which only two remain after the Flood seems absurd.

Location hidden

#654784 Aug 22, 2013
•(j) Gen. 7:13 states, "In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Sham, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark." If the human race began anew from Noah and his sons, are we supposed to believe the wide variations among the earth's people developed in short period since the Flood? Are we supposed to believe that the fair-haired Swede, the brown-skinned, dark-haired Indian, and the black-skinned native came from the same ancestors?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#654785 Aug 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's funny, but it's a dodge.
You see the point - waaasssuuup claimed that Timn was gay so that waaasssuuup could use the word "gay" as both a dismissive "you don't have to listen to Timn" and a discrimination "he's gay and that explains my thoughts on his posts."
Dismissing and discriminating against people because of the group they belong to is bigotry. It is exactly as if I wrote "well, Riverside is a redneck..." and I was serious, and not joking.
Hence, I'm awesome.
<quoted text>
You refuse to accept the fact that you religitards *earn* the derision you receive.
that's the same philosophy stalin and hitler had!

can't we all just get along and make love not war.....:-(

Location hidden

#654786 Aug 22, 2013
•(k) Gen. 7:4 says, "For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from the face of the earth." But what had the beast and the creeping things done to excite God's anger? They had committed no sin; they had eaten no forbidden fruit, and they had not tried to reach the tree of life.

Location hidden

#654787 Aug 22, 2013
•(l) Gen. 8:5 and 8:13 state the Flood covered the earth and its mountains. If so, where did all the water go?

Location hidden

#654788 Aug 22, 2013
•(m) Lastly, the questions raised by Gen. 8:19 must be answered. The verse says, "Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark." How were the animals preserved after leaving the Ark? There was no grass except such as had been submerged for a year. How were the herbivores taken care of until the earth was again clothed with vegetation? There were no animals to be devoured by the carnivores, except those which were on the Ark. From whence came their food?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#654789 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Aaasssuuup is addicted to lying, even to--or especially to--himself. He wants to be special, and he isn't.
awww.....well you're still my special lil witchy poo....

Location hidden

#654790 Aug 22, 2013
•(a) Gen. 6:19 says, "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark,...." (Also note Gen. 7:8-9, 14-15). Yet, Gen. 7:2 says, "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by twos, the male and his female." Are clean beasts to enter by 2's or by 7's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 683,846
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min CodeTalker 16,695
Venting Against FAKE Americans 22 min mama pat 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Born Again Past JW 619,698
Looking for girls to snapchat 1 hr butterfly10161964 2
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 4 hr Urka Burka Figurka 41
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web