Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#654193 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Come now, RR. That is pretty lame. "gay" was pretty much intended as an insult by wasssup. He is a rubbish human being.
In anyway, only stupid people would use "gay" as an insult. If you call someone gay and he is, so what? If you call a person gay and he is not, might as well call a white guy "black" or "asian". Or call a school kid a soldier. Or call a democrat a doctor.
Ya, you're right. My bad. Reverse psychology works.

Back in my scrappin days, one the worst names I'd call a skinhead punk is a n----er. They hate is more than blacks do.

It always turned into a fight.

Ah, the good ole days.

Location hidden

#654194 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The creation account in the Bible fits absolutely no scientific model, theory, hypothesis, observation, or even guess.
"poofing" is a term by which we imply magic.
Magic, as you have once so neatly defined for us, is a perversion of the natural order.
The onus is on *you* to prove that the Bible does not have magic/poofing in it, by priving to us all that the phenomena recorded is scientifically plausible.
Otherwise, poofing it will be
The onus is on me?!

Why? It's what I believe.

Location hidden

#654195 Aug 19, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Whuuuuut? Not flat as an Ihop pancake?
Lol, no.

Flat like that girl all alone at the club.

:(

Location hidden

#654196 Aug 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't even read the first three definitions.
Halfwit. Eve was tempted by a musical instrument?
Yes I did.

You see #2?

"Often serpent"

Not "always serpent"

All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.

Location hidden

#654197 Aug 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Im the beginning, Bog poofed the heavens and the Earth."
THERE'S NO BLEEDIN' DIFFERENCE!!!
No difference?

Between poofing and creating?

Huh...

Location hidden

#654198 Aug 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe that our first fathers who were in complete harmony with all of nature before the fall and our curreent corrupted state, were able to communicate with their environment on a higher level than we are now (telepathy and gestures?) and that somehow they were able to be enticed by a snake through that communication. bear in mind that the snake we see now is different than the pre-curse, belly crawling & repulsive snake.
even our scientists claim that we're currently only using about 10% of our original brain capacity. maybe adam was firing on all 100%?!
as for the rest - NO!;)
Thank you, sir.

There you have it, Hiding.

You're 33% correct.

That's an F.

Location hidden

#654199 Aug 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say,'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
That's from your favorite, the NIV.
You're being a pedant again. Does that sentence not imply the existence of a talking snake in the garden of eden? Does it not describe a "crafty" wild animal who speaks to eve?
You can play word games in an attempt to gloss over the fact that your bible features a talking animal being smote into non talking animal, but I prefer to stick with the unadulterated word of god. He wouldn't lie to us, would he? If it wasn't a talking serpent, wouldn't he have "inspired" someone to say so?
Uh-huh. And that serpent was cursed, wasn't it?

Into a snake.

What logical sense would it make to curse a snake to be a snake?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#654200 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy fails, pretty badly. The expansion of the universe is a phenemenon. The creation of ionised gasses are a phenemenon. The grouping of ionised gasses are a phenomenon. Each of these can be explained
Phenomenon of someone's imagination.

Any intelligent person should recognize that is strictly a math exercise trying to represent a process based upon other math exercises, and not a reality. One has to be educated to that level of stupidity. It can not occur naturally. It has total disconnect from reality as an explanation. The Bible book does a much better job.

Totally unbelievable such has turned into a religion.

Location hidden

#654201 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
^ See, RR?
Can you see this twisted logic? God wins battles, to show how mighty he is and then lose a battle to show his distate. That is how the stupid Christians thinks. The smarter ones understand that the Philistines were an itty bitty little civilisation, with a piss poor military. God was strong enough to beat them. But when the people came up against a mighty military, your god was invariably pissed at them? Can youbsee the mental gymnastics?
I disagree. I don't see God as a warrior-god, trying to fight every battle he can.

I see God as a peace-loving God that does only what He has to do for His long term goal.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#654202 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
^ See, RR?
Can you see this twisted logic? God wins battles, to show how mighty he is and then lose a battle to show his distate. That is how the stupid Christians thinks. The smarter ones understand that the Philistines were an itty bitty little civilisation, with a piss poor military. God was strong enough to beat them. But when the people came up against a mighty military, your god was invariably pissed at them? Can youbsee the mental gymnastics?
that was quite a battle against the egyptians and the red sea, huh?;)

moral of story: ALL GOD'S ENEMIES WILL EVENTUALLY BE MADE HIS/HIS PEOPLE'S FOOTSTOOL.

may i use you as my personal ottoman now or might you be repenting sometime in the near future?;)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#654203 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Here's one for ya...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7CuWaAs-ivsXX
Holy crap. That is pretty out there.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#654204 Aug 19, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you find this a plausible explanation is frightening. Honestly, a chill went down my spine. When I ponder all the millions of people in the world with the same mindset as yours, well, truth be told, I can't think about it for long. RH, better choose your allies a bit more carefully...
maybe this will cause another chill to go down your spine:

JESUS IS GOD!!!:)

#654206 Aug 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenon of someone's imagination.
Any intelligent person should recognize that is strictly a math exercise trying to represent a process based upon other math exercises, and not a reality. One has to be educated to that level of stupidity. It can not occur naturally. It has total disconnect from reality as an explanation. The Bible book does a much better job.
Totally unbelievable such has turned into a religion.
The Bible does a better job? You are clueless, Davey, ole boy. You still try very hard to look stupid.

We know that ionised gasses developed in space, BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY there. Google the word 'nebula'.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#654207 Aug 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>

The way I read what you are saying is if someone claims to be a Christian then commits a crime, they were never really a real and true Christian in the first place.
Of course there are many Con-artists who take the job of preacher for the soul purpose of stealing from the rubes. Some pedophiles may take the job of priest to be around children never suspecting that they would ever molest one.
So the question becomes how do we know in advance who is the real Christian and who is the con-artist fake! Who is in it because they really believe there is a God who is their personal servant and confidant and who is there to con people. How do you know, in advance, when someone new joins your church what their true intentions are? Maybe they were just released from prison and their parole officer said they should join a church.
If you didn't like that, you are really going to hate this; The Bible provides for us a way to tell those who are the real believers from those who are the fakes.
But first a question; if Christians who commit crimes aren't real Christians, then why can't someone claiming to be an Atheist who commits crimes not be a real Atheist, but a psychopath or sociopath instead, as you suggest Hitler was.
Why do your fellow topix Christians post article after article of sociopathic world leaders and claim they are Atheists when some of them claim to be Christians, and perhaps they are not Christians or Atheists but sociopaths. Can one be a sociopath and a Christian or an Atheist both at the same time? I do not believe so.
I do not accept they can be anything other than a sociopath. So claiming Mao is an Atheist is really off base, when he was first and foremost a communist which is just about the worst thing one can be in this world.
Anyway, I want to get back to disqualifying the Bible as a reliable source.
Allen said-
"The way I read what you are saying is if someone claims to be a Christian then commits a crime, they were never really a real and true Christian in the first place"

- I never said that.

Allen said:
"But first a question; if Christians who commit crimes aren't real Christians, then why can't someone claiming to be an Atheist who commits crimes not be a real Atheist, but a psychopath or sociopath instead, as you suggest Hitler was"

-sociopaths come in all types.

#654208 Aug 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that was quite a battle against the egyptians and the red sea, huh?;)
moral of story: ALL GOD'S ENEMIES WILL EVENTUALLY BE MADE HIS/HIS PEOPLE'S FOOTSTOOL.
may i use you as my personal ottoman now or might you be repenting sometime in the near future?;)
The Red Sea episode never happened. The tales told in your Bible is as real as those in Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Moral of the story: When trying to argue history with someone, do not use the Bible as your only source.

Now, are you going to read up a bit about history, or do youbwish to remain as stupid as you are now?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#654209 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I don't see God as a warrior-god, trying to fight every battle he can.
I see God as a peace-loving God that does only what He has to do for His long term goal.
Cool what planet do you live on? Cause it ain't Earth.

#654210 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be how you perceive your deity, but your fellow believer seems to disagree.

#654211 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Into a snake.
This is where you make your mistake.

You are trying to use logic on the Bible. It simply makes no sense at all.

Location hidden

#654212 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Into a snake.
"Snakes don't have legs, right? Wrong--look closely! Pythons and boa constrictors have tiny hind leg bones buried in muscles toward their tail ends. Such features, either useless or poorly suited to performing specific tasks, are described as vestigial. They are also intriguing evidence of the evolutionary histories of species.

Vestigial legs are a clue that snakes descended from lizards. Over 100 million years ago, some lizards happened to be born with smaller legs, which, in certain environments, helped them move about unencumbered. As generation after generation survived and reproduced, this new form flourished. Over time, all members of the group were born with shorter legs, and eventually with no legs at all. Almost. The ancestor of boas and pythons retained very small vestigial legs, a trait passed on to its descendants, including the reticulated python seen here."

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...

What was the common ancestor of lizards and snakes?

Location hidden

#654213 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does a better job? You are clueless, Davey, ole boy. You still try very hard to look stupid.
We know that ionised gasses developed in space, BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY there. Google the word 'nebula'.
You can be incredibly dense.

Are you arguing against an intelligence behind the creation of this universe and us, or just against an old book? Can you answer that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Bozo the Clown 227,463
Last Word + 2 7 min andet1987 702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Porkpie Hat 259,390
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 11 min andet1987 1,098
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Liam 542,309
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 20 min keedick 93
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min KiMare 95,478
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min BenAdam 601,064
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr NEWS-FLASH 173,669
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••