Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#654054 Aug 19, 2013
blundunt wrote:
and for the record-what is the difference between a snake and a serpent ?
Not another one....

Location hidden

#654055 Aug 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahahahaha. Because if we find any clear errors in the bible (geographical, historical, moral, or otherwise) we can write them off as allegories or metaphors! Easy!
Nope.

Again, you're mistaken.

Location hidden

#654056 Aug 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Because the christian god doesn't like it when you call his magic... magic.
Calling it magic is an atheist thing.

So is the "talking snake", "Goddidit" and the "skydaddy" crap.

Y'alls is weird.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#654057 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Any guy claiming to post the rubbish you post can be affirmed by any mathematical model, is lying.
Why? Because you cannot compare a world were life started by intervention, and where life started naturally.
To put forth giberish and call it a mathematical model is stupid and senseless.
I would furthermore bet that you would be unable to pass an eigth grade math paper.
You have two choices. Are you going to admit that you know shit about math, or do you expect me to prove that you know shit about math?
?

How do you tell the difference how it started? What's the difference between this "intervention" and "naturally" you refer to?

BTW, "natural" child birth and Caesarean section both start life and the same countdown of awareness ensues. You wouldn't know the difference unless someone witnessed it and told you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#654059 Aug 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
How do you tell the difference how it started? What's the difference between this "intervention" and "naturally" you refer to?
BTW, "natural" child birth and Caesarean section both start life and the same countdown of awareness ensues. You wouldn't know the difference unless someone witnessed it and told you.
Retardofire asserts that if life arose by natural processes, "there would only be chaos", because of some "Mathematical Symmetry thingabob" hypothesis.

Retardofire probably will not be able to solve for x in the most elementary equations, in any way. For him to make such an assertion is utterly stupid

#654060 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not another one....
Yeah. I mean, just tell the guy to go google it and be done with him.

*googles "serpent"*

Oh, s*@#

RR, you're not gonna like this...

#654061 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls is weird.
I suppose calling it "natural laws yet to be discovered" is a theist thing?

Touche..

Location hidden

#654062 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Retardofire asserts that if life arose by natural processes, "there would only be chaos", because of some "Mathematical Symmetry thingabob" hypothesis.
Retardofire probably will not be able to solve for x in the most elementary equations, in any way. For him to make such an assertion is utterly stupid
I am assuming those "natural processes" he is referring to is called abigenesis, that evolutionist claim of arising from random chemical interactions. Of course that would be chaotic if true.

The creation of those "life" chemicals also changes the environment they were formed in. So you made an amino acid, OK, you now have an acid to react with where it was formed, producing another chemical and another chemical reaction and on and on. Hey, it wasn't supposed to be a Petri dish that stuff formed in. But anyhow, you kind of have to reach a point where those chemicals stabilize and form a relatively neutral material that can stay constant, AND still interact with other chemicals to advance to an integrated chemical soup that fuels itself by stripping other chemicals. All with varying temperatures, cosmic radiation, winds and other disturbances, and a mind boggling amount of luck. Then that combo had to survive to breed.

Or something like that. In a Petri dish sounds a lot more likely.
The Truth is Known

Paradise Valley, AZ

#654063 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
God works in mysterious ways.
The Truth is Known...

There are no mysteries involving organized religion, which is a cruel hoax created by sociopaths to control retarded imbeciles like you.

Why the Bible is Fake...

#654064 Aug 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming those "natural processes" he is referring to is called abigenesis, that evolutionist claim of arising from random chemical interactions. Of course that would be chaotic if true.
The creation of those "life" chemicals also changes the environment they were formed in. So you made an amino acid, OK, you now have an acid to react with where it was formed, producing another chemical and another chemical reaction and on and on. Hey, it wasn't supposed to be a Petri dish that stuff formed in. But anyhow, you kind of have to reach a point where those chemicals stabilize and form a relatively neutral material that can stay constant, AND still interact with other chemicals to advance to an integrated chemical soup that fuels itself by stripping other chemicals. All with varying temperatures, cosmic radiation, winds and other disturbances, and a mind boggling amount of luck. Then that combo had to survive to breed.
Or something like that. In a Petri dish sounds a lot more likely.
Dave, I don't know any more. How many more subjects do you wish to showcase your ignorance? I mean, just about every topic you tackle, you continue to show everybody just how little you know. First, you tried to look like somewhat of a physics buff. You failed, miserably. Then, you want to enlighten us on how the legal system works. Failed again. You think it may be wise to look as if you know about the financial world, and your comments let you down, again. You play pseudo-psychologist a lot, rambling about "Topix atheist", but failure still follows you. Then you want to show your zoological knowledge and claim ridiculous things like "Coral snakes have no fangs", or telling us about the bee you rescued from a spider, despite the concise refutation River Tam gave you. Fail again.

Now, you talk about chemistry. Fail again.

Just how stupid do you want to look, Dave?

I know. Why do we not discuss chess strategy? Tell us that openings are for the "book smart" players and how they are not good chess players themselves? Or tell us how Tiger Woods actually has a poor golf swing. Or why not tell us that film directors have it all wrong, why do we need consider lighting?
The Truth is Known

Paradise Valley, AZ

#654065 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:

The Truth is Known...

RetardoFire, RiversideDick and the other fundies infesting this forum are proof that mental retardation via Christian indoctrination isn't just possible but probable with complete immersion with Christian mythology.

Excellent documentary on origin of life...

Location hidden

#654066 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I mean, just tell the guy to go google it and be done with him.
*googles "serpent"*
Oh, s*@#
RR, you're not gonna like this...
Ugh...

All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#654067 Aug 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are babbling.
You are on step away from a profound realization.

Location hidden

#654068 Aug 19, 2013
Poor abiogenesis creationists. They want to believe so hard. That magic poof of life arising from that lightning bolt, or that chance encounter in a primordial pool that grew into a Liz Taylor.

The first lightning bolt may start you off, but the second will kill you. You have that chance encounter in a pool and you change its chemistry. Kind of like shitting in it.

It was very hazardous for ANY "life" in the beginning with delusions of grandeur. Particularly if it arose from a few molecules in a big, big world, which it would have to do to mix properly for the appropriate chemical reactions to occur. Large vats would take a lot of mixing and environmental control. An industrial process.

Yeah, a little pixie dust arose from a volatile environment to fashion their illustrious selves not too too long later in the universal scale of things.

They are the hard nosed science types. Uh huh.

A little pixie dust with the proper instructions programmed into it and some nurturing might have done the trick.

That's if you go by modern scientific thought and definitions of what is "physical" and how it gets assembled, and you think this stuff is "real".

Personally, I think we are all glorified light bulbs.

Location hidden

#654069 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is now thought a certain type of wolf evolved away from the typical wolf that scavenged in human trash piles and became timid enough to be tamed. This type of wolf would let you see them eat, because even now wolves will not let people see them eat.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
Interesting. I wasn't actually saying that dogs did not evolve from wolves though... I was joking.

Location hidden

#654070 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Again, you're mistaken.
Of course. The bible is infallible, except when it's not, and then it's metaphorical. Apologetics is fun.

Location hidden

#654071 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I don't know any more. How many more subjects do you wish to showcase your ignorance? I mean, just about every topic you tackle, you continue to show everybody just how little you know. First, you tried to look like somewhat of a physics buff. You failed, miserably. Then, you want to enlighten us on how the legal system works. Failed again. You think it may be wise to look as if you know about the financial world, and your comments let you down, again. You play pseudo-psychologist a lot, rambling about "Topix atheist", but failure still follows you. Then you want to show your zoological knowledge and claim ridiculous things like "Coral snakes have no fangs", or telling us about the bee you rescued from a spider, despite the concise refutation River Tam gave you. Fail again.
Now, you talk about chemistry. Fail again.
Just how stupid do you want to look, Dave?
I know. Why do we not discuss chess strategy? Tell us that openings are for the "book smart" players and how they are not good chess players themselves? Or tell us how Tiger Woods actually has a poor golf swing. Or why not tell us that film directors have it all wrong, why do we need consider lighting?
DF, you are so full of shit and limited in your thinking ability. You are definitely a rote learned person.

Coral snakes have fangs only in the technical sense of the word. Most people associate them with long toothy like things. 1/32 of an inch is not long. One example of your rote learned inhibitions in understanding things.

The bee incident was 100% true. I can not for the life of me see why you or Tam would think such a thing could not occur, notably with your belief in magic lightning strikes and chemical reaction. Other than it also being an example of your rote learning inhibitions.

You sound angry and frustrated, but it is not because of my limitations.

Location hidden

#654072 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls is weird.
It's amazing that you are able to recognize how stupid this stuff is, while simultaneously denying how stupid it is. I don't understand why the word magic bothers you so much, but the acts ascribed to your god are magical acts.

Your claim that things like talking snakes (ahem,*SERPENTS,* gosh) are simply the result of natural laws we are not yet aware of, while hilarious, is nonsensical. It takes away one of the most important features of the christian god - his ability to act outside of space and time without regard for the natural laws.

You might not want to call it magic, but it's magic. I think you have a nagging sense that this stuff is quite silly, and you want to distance yourself from the more fantastical claims found in the bible by refusing to call anything magic.

Location hidden

#654073 Aug 19, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Symmetry Synchronicity Mathematics Order and Precision."

Yeah.. that was awesome.

Location hidden

#654074 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh...
All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.
Especially when it's necessary to make a distinction between the two that is not justified by the context of the biblical story in question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min RiccardoFire 96,091
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Tell It Too Me 261,617
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Remnant of 144000 602,141
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 548,421
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 4,764
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min USN Atheist 5,444
GUARANTEED WEALTH REVIEW : guaranteedwealth.co ... 22 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 47 min Dave Nelson 229,906
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 5 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE