Since: Aug 13

Las Vegas, NV

#650947 Aug 9, 2013

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#650948 Aug 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Al. But for me, it was understood that the Rev is talking about the god of the bible in purely hypothetical terms.
If I say that Santa was a really jolly guy, it's understood that I am referring to the myth of Santa and referring to Santa as being real only in the hypothetical sense.
You understand that it's in hypothetical terms, but our closet Christian friend apparently doesn't. He accuses God of raping a 12 year old girl but in the same breath says he (God) doesn't exist.

I believe that If someone is personally attacking anyone or anything then they believe that the object of the attack is very real.

So this guy can't have it both ways.

You on the other presented a hypothetical and reasonable view.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#650949 Aug 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Bundy died in the electric chair at Raiford Prison in Starke, Florida, on ..... lived in Utah he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,...
he was a christian just like you
<quoted text>
Sometime during the year he lived in Utah he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although he was not an active participant in services and ignored most church restrictions.[101][102](When asked his religious preference after his arrest, Bundy answered "Methodist", the religion of his childhood.
KKKarl is as bad as the fundies, tell the whole story! Not just the part you like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
Yeah.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#650950 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, nice guy.
So what's with all the "Jesus was super nice and loved everyone" etc. myth they keep telling us about?
That was an out-of-context quote and you know it. The words were those of a character in one of Jesus's parables. He's already been corrected on this lie more than once, so quit feigning ignorance of the truth.

Repeating something often will not make it true just because you want it to.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#650951 Aug 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the social group. Wasn't applied so much to outsiders. Christianity made the group universal.
Oh, so Salem, the Crusades, official Witch-Finders General, sticking Jews in ghettoes (and killing them) were all applications universal Christianity as applied to outsiders?

Dave, think before you hit "Enter".

Westcliffe, CO

#650952 Aug 9, 2013
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/pol...

Oh my goodness.

The guy was carrying a sawed off Airsoft gun for a suspected attempted robbery. Airsoft guns shoot little soft rubber pellets. A very long ways from being lethal. A woman ran him over with a car and wasn't charged.

This SHOULD be most interesting.

The Borderland of Sol

#650953 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and they are American laws, too.
Funny that they mirror Christina law...
They mirror every societal law that I know of, RH.

That's not funny (I assume you meant funny-peculiar). It's bloody UNIVERSAL.

You know that word, yes?

And before you wander off into some irrelevant and misunderstood interpretation of "universal", I clearly mean "universal within human societies."

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#650954 Aug 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that it's in hypothetical terms, but our closet Christian friend apparently doesn't. He accuses God of raping a 12 year old girl but in the same breath says he (God) doesn't exist.
I believe that If someone is personally attacking anyone or anything then they believe that the object of the attack is very real.
He's talking about a story book- that being the bible.

If I talk to you about a work of fiction and the characters within it and if I criticize or attack those characters for their actions in the story, that doesn't at all translate into the object of the attack being very real.

Take the character Bill Sikes from "Oliver Twist", for instance.

Say I am discussing the book with someone and attack Bill Sikes for what a horrible "person" he was- a child abuser, a murderer, a robber and animal abuser.

If I say: that guy was really hideous and a horrible person!- does that mean I believe the object of my attack is real?

No, it most certainly does not.

The Rev is discussing the bible for what I also believe it to be- a book of fairy tales and parables. And seriously- one of the most violent and goriest books ever written.

The Borderland of Sol

#650955 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Negattive. The Christians follow both the OT and the NT.
Sorry.
So no tattoos, no shellfish, and no haircuts.

Okay, got it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650956 Aug 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com /2013/08/09/police-aliquippa-w oman-thwarts-robbery-by-runnin g-over-suspect/
Oh my goodness.
The guy was carrying a sawed off Airsoft gun for a suspected attempted robbery. Airsoft guns shoot little soft rubber pellets. A very long ways from being lethal. A woman ran him over with a car and wasn't charged.
This SHOULD be most interesting.
Sigh....

"Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun.

She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.

White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.

They say White was carrying an ******airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun,****** and the orange tip had been taken off.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over."

So yes- most likely, this woman did thwart a robbery because that is the only reason the pellet gun would have altered to LOOK like a shotgun.

No doubt the would-be robber was counting on the owner of the store thinking it was a REAL shotgun.

Next- it looked like a real enough gun to the woman for her to be concerned for the group of children the guy was approaching.

The woman had no way to know the gun wasn't lethal and either would the store owner have had any way of knowing that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650957 Aug 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So no tattoos, no shellfish, and no haircuts.
Okay, got it.
Funnier still is that RR/RH doesn't adhere to or obey either version.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#650958 Aug 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this?

Santa is a fat, jolly man that gives out presents but he doesn't exist.

hehehe
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650959 Aug 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
lunatics always vehemently deny being insane
The Truth is Known...

We all know you vehemently deny being insane.

Westcliffe, CO

#650960 Aug 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so Salem, the Crusades, official Witch-Finders General, sticking Jews in ghettoes (and killing them) were all applications universal Christianity as applied to outsiders?
Dave, think before you hit "Enter".
You mix up religions and people.

For instance, Catholicism very much preaches against homosexuality, yet you had homosexual predator priests using the religion to cover their activities and actions. Was the problem with the Church or some people within it?

You make associations to suit your emotions.

Try a rational approach. If you can.

Think before you emote.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#650961 Aug 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They mirror every societal law that I know of, RH.
That's not funny (I assume you meant funny-peculiar). It's bloody UNIVERSAL.
You know that word, yes?
And before you wander off into some irrelevant and misunderstood interpretation of "universal", I clearly mean "universal within human societies."
Nu-uh. Some human societies condone(d) murder.

Christianity brought laws like "thou shalt not murder" to everyone. In effect, changing that universal construct.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#650962 Aug 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So no tattoos, no shellfish, and no haircuts.
Okay, got it.
Negative. Again.

We understand that the old laws were washed away by Jesus.

Just as new laws in America can wash away old laws.

The Borderland of Sol

#650963 Aug 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Funnier still is that RR/RH doesn't adhere to or obey either version.
Wait for it.

"That only applies to Group X, in Time Y. I'm in Group A, in Time B. And the statement that 'This is for everybody' doesn't apply to me."
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650964 Aug 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i think...
The Truth is Known...

You're lying to yourself. No thinking is required to repeat the words of your master on Sunday mornings throughout the week in this thread.

Westcliffe, CO

#650965 Aug 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....
"Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun.
She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.
Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.
White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.
They say White was carrying an ******airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun,****** and the orange tip had been taken off.
The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over."
So yes- most likely, this woman did thwart a robbery because that is the only reason the pellet gun would have altered to LOOK like a shotgun.
No doubt the would-be robber was counting on the owner of the store thinking it was a REAL shotgun.
Next- it looked like a real enough gun to the woman for her to be concerned for the group of children the guy was approaching.
The woman had no way to know the gun wasn't lethal and either would the store owner have had any way of knowing that.
You are a nut case.

She ran him over with a car on suspicion.

God help any guy walking down the street with an umbrella or cane and wearing camo, or is black, if you should drive by.
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650966 Aug 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
The Matrix is sci-fi, moron.
The bible is a fictional book, moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Aura Mytha 36,726
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Seentheotherside 688,651
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 1 hr hmmmm 25
Main causes of bullying 2 hr Wise above all 3
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Johnny 70
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,545
Dental Visits Are Never Fun 4 hr may i suggest 6
More from around the web