That's how I roll, baby. That's how I roll
Talk to the hand...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650735 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I am going to go to another page and argue that cigarettes is healthy... And cite your post as a source!!
"A pack a day keeps the doctor away"
bahahahahaha!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

god, that's sooooooooo funny!

(you dick)

Some stable somewhere

#650736 Aug 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what is a god?
<sigh> Only RR is a god! You should see him perform magic!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#650737 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to believe they're explaining it as they believe it rather than snickering and laughing about lying to us.
The truth of the matter is no one knows for sure. I do not know for sure and the apologists do not know for sure. The Bible leaves us guessing. Just like with how to get saved. Even if you wanted to get saved you can't go to the Bible for a straight answer. Five contradictory salvation's are presented which make it a game of multiple guess. Sure, the biblicists have their personal preferences but that means they reject biblical teachings on the other 4. They reject 4 of the Bible's salvation's while I reject all five. They will never admit to this of course because that is just how biblicists are.

So, I believe they are explaining it as they hope it is. As they wish it is, as they need it to be to keep Jesus credible. If Jesus is saying verse 27 that strikes a blow to Christianity from which it could never recover. That is the reason they insist Jesus did not say it. It is to try and keep the money coming in. Although I suspect since all Christians are morally bankrupt that the money would continue to flow in even if it was Jesus demanding that his enemies be brought to him and killed in front of him.

Also how could biblicists complain about Islam if Jesus demanded that his enemies be killed? There is no other choice for the biblicists; they must insist Jesus didn't say those words and they will argue until hell freezes over, with out a shred of evidence, to support their assertions.

Why they can't accept the fact that Jesus is a rehash of a 20,000 year old myth and get on with their lives is beyond me. That is what a normal person would do.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#650738 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
A few points I would like to make.
I think it is an economic question. I believe most parents would want to be able to offer their adult children some help. It is a great gesture. Say your son has fallen on some hard times - an investment gone wrong, a business that went under, a stock market dip - then it is always nice to have such a home to return to. However, it must be said that you can probably afford it.
Sadly, not many parents can do that. I was raised mostly by a single mother. When I started to work, before getting my place, I contributed rather heavily toward expendatures. She never asked me a cent for rent, I contributed because I knew having me there was costing money. When I was retrenched and without an income, she allowed me to stay at her house again, for free.
Those days are long gone, but I still remember that when I was in trouble, she helped me out. Earlier this year she had a bad fall and torn her bicep. The medical aid paid for the op, but there are a great many costs that they simply do not cover. I have offered her to pay these costs and I am currently working at it.
I feel that things like payment between parent and child should be gesture based, not compulsory. I am helping my mother pay for the operation by choice, just as you would make your home available to your son, by choice
I agree with you on all points, especially your last two sentences. Family is not an army's length financial relationship; it is based on love, caring, and responsibility to one another.

Long Beach, CA

#650739 Aug 9, 2013
Arm's

Some stable somewhere

#650740 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I have to disagree. I think that when someone truly earns something they cherish it more.
And not everyone is interested in getting the "top jobs". Not everyone is interested in making as much money as possible...
Ok, at what point did I say "and when I produce new knowledge, new scientific literature, I don't value it because I didn't have to be a painter to pay for my education"?

Top jobs? Baby, here is how academia works. Only the top 34 tier one research universities produce students who work at universities. Everyone, who cares. They end up doing something non-academic.

The top, very top - top 40 universities in the world - only hire other people from the other top 40 universities in the world.

So it's not "top jobs" we're talking about. It's jobs in the field. And its very competitive to get them. My own supervisor is against taking on new students. She believes we need to refuse more, so that the job market can take what they train.

Location hidden

#650741 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Jesus didn't call for people to be killed?
That is what RR aka RH would like you to believe. But like in everything else, he is guessing because his Bible leaves him hanging. He would never admit he doesn't know of course, that would be honest and to be a Christian means you can never be honest. Biblicists have elevated lying for God to an art form. They are all quite good at it. Just like a Scientist is good at science and an atheist is good at morality, biblicists are good at lying for God. It's what their mamma told them to do, it is what they learn to do in Sunday School, so they all do it with out a care in the world. And then they honestly do not understand why normal people do not like them or their preaching and threats of hell fire.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#650742 Aug 9, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> I said the same thing to her, and still no reply.
We are talking about Alicia Keys aren't we ????
I would just love to put that girls fire out.

Long Beach, CA

#650743 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this is going to work between you and me.
South America?! Really?
The experience will broaden your perspective.

I promise.

Long Beach, CA

#650744 Aug 9, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> " Soon he'll have more than I do "
And what's that ?
Egotistical problems?
No.

A proud dad.

Location hidden

#650745 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarettes are protective against tuberculosis bacteria and prevent the common cold. Tar is like a Star Trek shield in that it just waits for colds viruses to come, then wraps them in love, drowning them, and you're safe.
But tar's goodness doesn't last long in the human body. Your immune system uses it all up so fast that you have to smoke a lot. Like a pack a day or so. More in cold season. And flu season.
*this message brought to you by the tobacco people.
"smoking for health"
Smoking for health, that is what Ronald Reagan used to tell us when he did cigarette commercials on the General Electric hour. Way to go Reagan. NOT!

No Christian would ever smoke tobacco because:

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV)16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

Clearly smoking tobacco defiles the human body.

Of course:

Matthew 15:11 NIV, "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"

As long as the smoker only inhales it does not make him unclean, it is when he exhales that he is unclean.

I believe this is enough proof to say that RR aka RH hates God and refuses to obey God's direct commands. Every time he exhales he is giving God the finger and he could care less how bad that makes him look to those he is trying to bring to religion. But, we see a hypocrite and how can you trust a hypocrite, you can't.

Biblicists do not take the Bible seriously and neither do I. No one does.

Location hidden

#650746 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
"AustrAliens"
How does it feel to let everyone know how much you hate God? Each time you exhale you are giving God the finger. Each time you inhale you are defiling God.

More proof you do not take the Bible seriously. You don't, I don't. Amazing, has hell frozen over again? We are in agreement about not taking the Bible seriously. You give God the finger and I claim God does not exist. Really is there that much difference? You hate a being I assert does not exist. And since you refuse to obey the God you claim exists, it might just as well not exist.

For all practical purposes RR, I do not have a God and you do not have a God. What you have is a defective personality that likes to feel superiour to other people and you use that imaginary God to pretend you know something the rest of us don't. It is all lies.

Laughing at you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#650747 Aug 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A proud dad.
Just what I told him.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650748 Aug 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The experience will broaden your perspective.
I promise.
Since when do the narrow-minded and closed-minded care about broadening their perspective?

In RR's case, he would probably think that appreciation of other peoples, other countries and other cultures would mean he was disloyal to this country and downright un-American.

Some stable somewhere

#650749 Aug 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what RR aka RH would like you to believe. But like in everything else, he is guessing because his Bible leaves him hanging. He would never admit he doesn't know of course, that would be honest and to be a Christian means you can never be honest. Biblicists have elevated lying for God to an art form. They are all quite good at it. Just like a Scientist is good at science and an atheist is good at morality, biblicists are good at lying for God. It's what their mamma told them to do, it is what they learn to do in Sunday School, so they all do it with out a care in the world. And then they honestly do not understand why normal people do not like them or their preaching and threats of hell fire.
Are they truly being dishonest, or do they, in their heart of hearts, believe they're telling the truth?

Some stable somewhere

#650750 Aug 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking for health, that is what Ronald Reagan used to tell us when he did cigarette commercials on the General Electric hour. Way to go Reagan. NOT!
No Christian would ever smoke tobacco because:
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV)16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."
Clearly smoking tobacco defiles the human body.
Of course:
Matthew 15:11 NIV, "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"
As long as the smoker only inhales it does not make him unclean, it is when he exhales that he is unclean.
I believe this is enough proof to say that RR aka RH hates God and refuses to obey God's direct commands. Every time he exhales he is giving God the finger and he could care less how bad that makes him look to those he is trying to bring to religion. But, we see a hypocrite and how can you trust a hypocrite, you can't.
Biblicists do not take the Bible seriously and neither do I. No one does.
Horrray for Mormons!

Location hidden

#650751 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>"Most"?I betcha can't back that bullshit up.
I will not even try. Are you going to deny that you are not curious about sex and have never experimented? You biblicists are always in denial about your sexual activities. Yet the thoughts are in your head and you can not get rid of them, even if you wanted to for some stupid reason. What is in you is in you.

Besides you want me to back that up knowing that any evidence I might present, you will claim is worthless and that I am a failure at supporting my assertions. You want me to waste a lot of time so you can keep this thread off the subject it was created to address.

I suspect there is nothing sexual that you have not wanted to do. Maybe you deny yourself and try to suppress your desires, but they are in you and you can never get rid of them. All you can do is what you are well known for and that is lie about what you secretly desire.

And you are no different than any other Christian when it comes to lying about how you would like to enjoy yourself.

PS. Those kids who didn't get invited to the orgies were not happy about it.

Location hidden

#650752 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What is with you insulting the meaning behind "feminine" by calling all these men feminine as if that hurts them???
Call them poohfaces or immature boys, but don't say "you sound like a woman!" 'cause women are not insults!
They do the same thing to gays and racial minorities.

I went to an all white high school and I could not believe all the insults that guys called each other. The same guys who went to church on Sunday would go to school on Monday and make the most racist, sexist anti-gay comments you could imagine. It's just how Christians were raised, they didn't know any better, just like all our ancestors "knew" the earth was flat, my Christian class mates knew they were superiour because they were white, male, Christian and heterosexual.

Can you imagine what I went through at school after my father rented one of our houses to a black man and his family.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650753 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they truly being dishonest, or do they, in their heart of hearts, believe they're telling the truth?
This begs the "age old" question: Do they even know the difference between belief/opinion and fact/truth?

From what I see here, they really don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Pad 640,872
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 36,859
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Student 44,248
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 49 min Theresa000 171
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min Steve III 618,244
Play "end of the word" part 2 58 min ImFree2Choose 1,690
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 104,533
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 280,830
More from around the web