Prove there's a god.
IVAN

Philippines

#650718 Aug 9, 2013
If you do not have a DEEP Burning Love for a Creator you are lost--With out God we are just Meat to be consumed by 3rd World Countries--When you travel around the World why is their Order in Life--That feeling some of us never receive maybe- God does not like you? thats why he gives you no time or Gifts of Peace-I am Old many During the Viet Nam War ran away from God Quite a few returned when they were awakened to his Power. Look at Hanoi Jane Fonda she came around from her friend and her Driver. Anyway GOOD LUCK hope you are at Peace with a Empty Shell
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#650719 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal age here is 20.
If you can't drink, you're not an adult.
The legal age is 18 here.
Not sure if that's good or bad.
Oh hang on, look at me now !!

It's a bad idea.
RogerThat

AOL

#650720 Aug 9, 2013

End Time AMERICA :--2013, 2014 Forewarnings

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#650721 Aug 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside the financial benefit of a college education, the experience, the exposure, opens up all sorts of possibilities, ideas, makes you open to new things, to different things. It's called a "liberal education" (not in the political sense).
RR is the perfect example of a person lacking in all of this. To him, to go to Europe would be an utter waste of time and money. He's happy being a Riverside hick, that's what he knows, and it's good enough for him.
Absolutely. And the only limitations we have are those we place upon ourselves.

Great lyrics from a song by The Eagles:

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#650722 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Demanding kids pay rent does not make them any more responsible. My mother has never asked for a cent while staying with her, during my first job. I contributed, generously, to house expenses. I did not pay any rent, but she did not need to buy any groceries, pay he maid, fill up her tank, in a month.
And today, I remember how she has helped me during my retrenchment. Today, long gone under her roof, I am helping her tackle some expenses.
I understand your opinion.

But I disagree.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#650723 Aug 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
Hey, my kid is going in your direction, lots of education. Different fields altogether from yours (he's a practical person), but picking up those letters after his name. Soon he'll have more than I do.
" Soon he'll have more than I do "
And what's that ?
Egotistical problems?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650724 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, you're right. But I wasn't criticizing you, either.
Lemme try again:
"In fact, going to college for me, has been counter productive to my earning potential - massive lost opportunity cost. On the other hand, its enabled me to live in three separate countries and travel the world. And read and read and read, and, with the exception of here, interact with intelligent and interesting people."
I thought the whole point of going to college was to gain earning potential. How has it been counter productive to you?
Wrong. The whole point of going to college is not to only gain earning potential and for many, that isn't even a factor.

Take teachers, for instance. Those who choose the teaching profession know that their earning potential in that field is limited.

They go to college to get a degree to teach because they want to teach- not because they expect to earn a lot of money.

The same can be said for those who want to become social workers.

Just two fields of many which people go into not for money but for the many other rewards and value those professions can provide.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#650725 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence
It's a good thing science doesn't think that way.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650726 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
True, I would not want to go to Europe. It would seem like a waste of time to me.
But I'm not at all happy to just rot in Riverside my whole life. In fact, we're planning a trip to either Idaho or Utah soon, to see about getting the hell out of here.
That's really sad that you think going to Europe would be a waste of time to you.

That you think seeing how people in other countries live, that you think seeing all that other countries have to offer and so much that you can learn about and enjoy and take pleasure in would be a waste of time is really very sad.

But at least what you say here serves to further confirm my claim that you are an isolated and insular American.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#650727 Aug 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he has ability and the willingness to work, I would encourage him to pursue his education.
The possibilities, and the rewards, are limitless.
Yep, he might even have free time to post on here.
The possibilities are limitless.:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#650728 Aug 9, 2013
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
The God you believe in goes around smearing shit on people's faces. You believe your God goes around smearing shit on people's faces. The Bible says it, you believe it, that settles it.
Nice beliefs you have there RR. NOT!
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it, God, go to your room!
I've never been so embarrassed in all my life! Sorry, sorry, he's still growing up. Now we have fresh towels here, and you can have a long shower.
Since God is alleged to be EVERYWHERE it would be as difficult for it to go to its room as it would have been for Adam and Eve to have hid from God, yet the Bible says they did. The Bible also says that Satan left the presence of the lord. Quite a trick if you remember that the presence of the lord is EVERYWHERE.

Perhaps RR aka RH can tell us how one leaves the presence of a being who is EVERYWHERE?

Oh, wait, everywhere doesn't mean everywhere when the Christian needs it to mean something else. And still they insist we take them and their Bible seriously.

No rational being can take the Bible or its apologists seriously. Only defective irrational beings who claim the Bible is the word of an idiot claim they take the Bible seriously. They claim they take it seriously but in reality they ignore it as much as do normal people.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650729 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this is going to work between you and me.
South America?! Really?
Crikey! What's your beef with South America?

Maybe a shorter answer from you would be to tell us what foreign country you DON'T have a beef with.

Of course, since you're ignorant about most other countries, I doubt any beef you have with ANY other country would be justified or even reasonable.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#650730 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it. I have nice, lean fingers and still I miss keys.
I said the same thing to her, and still no reply.

We are talking about Alicia Keys aren't we ????
HeHe

Augusta, GA

#650731 Aug 9, 2013
inkling wrote:
GOD EXISTS, ATHEISTS!!! I'll prove it SCIENTIFICALLY!! A complete explanation towards the existence of God. Nothing can only create NOTHING. Before the universe began, something must have always existed. It's ENERGY. Energy is ETERNAL. The 1st law of thermodynamics confirms that. The law states: "energy cannot be created or destroyed". No beginning or uncreated and no end. That's the definition of "eternal". You also can't claim that this energy always existed IN the known universe because science has proven that the universe didn't always exist. The universe and time didn't always exist by Stephen Hawking: www.hawking.org.uk/lectures/bot.html This energy source that was present BEFORE the universe began had to have power beyond anything we can begin to imagine, considering it had to transfer its energy unto the TRILLIONS of stars and BILLIONS of galaxies. A separate ETERNAL energy source that exists OUTSIDE of the universe had to have supplied or transferred its energy onto the universe (because we know the universe didn't always exist). It's not unreasonable to assume this ENORMOUS energy was the creator GOD. Listen, we reasonably have 2 options to determine what WAS this powerful always-existing energy. It could be a dumb, unconscious, vague energy source.(However, this seems extremely illogical considering that we can observe complexity, order, and design throughout the universe). The most logical answer would be that an intelligent mind constructed the universe, or a God. It's as simple as that. If you can't agree with this logic then you're stubborn, unreasonable, and don't want to believe in the possible existence of a God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o2RD4vTuPN0XX
You:If not A then B
Me: What about C
You: There is no C
Me: Oh OK thanks

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#650732 Aug 9, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> " Soon he'll have more than I do "
And what's that ?
Egotistical problems?
No- it's more like parental pride and feeling good that one's child will/does have it better than they (the parent) does.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#650733 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing science doesn't think that way.
Science is not sentient. It does not 'think'.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650734 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I roll, baby. That's how I roll
Talk to the hand...

Some stable somewhere

#650735 Aug 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I am going to go to another page and argue that cigarettes is healthy... And cite your post as a source!!
"A pack a day keeps the doctor away"
bahahahahaha!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

god, that's sooooooooo funny!

(you dick)

Some stable somewhere

#650736 Aug 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what is a god?
<sigh> Only RR is a god! You should see him perform magic!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#650737 Aug 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to believe they're explaining it as they believe it rather than snickering and laughing about lying to us.
The truth of the matter is no one knows for sure. I do not know for sure and the apologists do not know for sure. The Bible leaves us guessing. Just like with how to get saved. Even if you wanted to get saved you can't go to the Bible for a straight answer. Five contradictory salvation's are presented which make it a game of multiple guess. Sure, the biblicists have their personal preferences but that means they reject biblical teachings on the other 4. They reject 4 of the Bible's salvation's while I reject all five. They will never admit to this of course because that is just how biblicists are.

So, I believe they are explaining it as they hope it is. As they wish it is, as they need it to be to keep Jesus credible. If Jesus is saying verse 27 that strikes a blow to Christianity from which it could never recover. That is the reason they insist Jesus did not say it. It is to try and keep the money coming in. Although I suspect since all Christians are morally bankrupt that the money would continue to flow in even if it was Jesus demanding that his enemies be brought to him and killed in front of him.

Also how could biblicists complain about Islam if Jesus demanded that his enemies be killed? There is no other choice for the biblicists; they must insist Jesus didn't say those words and they will argue until hell freezes over, with out a shred of evidence, to support their assertions.

Why they can't accept the fact that Jesus is a rehash of a 20,000 year old myth and get on with their lives is beyond me. That is what a normal person would do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Trump is a joke 41,941
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min hojo 690,438
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Greatest Hits 286,677
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 2 hr Rider on the Storm 5
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Rabbis on the Run 124
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Big Al 598
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 11 hr Paul is dead 105
More from around the web