Prove there's a god.
xianity is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#650154 Aug 7, 2013
BarShickObama wrote:
I've got a better idea. Why doesn't even one non believer clearly define the parameters of infinite space? After all, you have cast down the gauntlet of everything requiring scientific proof. Under the topic creator's implication, we "could" be living in the Matrix.
this is known as a Burden of Proof FALLACY

try to do better
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650155 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
In essence your belief is since we are here we just move forward and don't concern ourselves with just how we get here? We make our own way independent of the greater universe?
So what creates this great unifier of mankind, this gluing his brain together to make a focused common thought as he embarks down such a path?
Science is based on observation not belief. There's no "unifier of mankind". When you consider the vastness of the universe, it's ridiculous that the inhabitants of this planet are always at war. Religion is synonymous with ignorance and violence.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#650156 Aug 7, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is based on observation not belief. There's no "unifier of mankind". When you consider the vastness of the universe, it's ridiculous that the inhabitants of this planet are always at war. Religion is synonymous with ignorance and violence.
You don't make much sense.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#650157 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Don't remember any actors cards.
Double Bubble was my favorite bubblegum. Big cylindrical chunk that tasted better and was softer. One of those brands was something like 2 for a penny. May have been the Double Bubble.
Gee, its gets hard remembering.
Yes, Bazooka was a little pink rectangular gum for a penny, and Double Bubble was a huge cylinder for a nickel, I think. Sometimes I broke off the segments of the cylinder one by one, and ended up chewing the WHOLE THING at once.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#650158 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that was Joe Palooka bubble gum.
But I did love beer barrel rolls and the peanut butter logs. Horehound drops kept in the refrigerator went real quick.
But canned boiled peanuts, Wilke's back then, were my favorite snack. I preferred the Peanut Patch brand that came out later, though. Eating a can of them parked in front of the TV was heaven.
Boiled peanuts, fresh, are a huge deal even today, in Florida.

Ugh.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#650159 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boiled peanuts, fresh, are a huge deal even today, in Florida.
Ugh.
Every truck stop from top to bottom, left coast and right, and everywhere in between, has 'em.

My brother-in-law eats 'em whole... shells and all.

Exactly...

UGH!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#650160 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Bazooka was a little pink rectangular gum for a penny, and Double Bubble was a huge cylinder for a nickel, I think. Sometimes I broke off the segments of the cylinder one by one, and ended up chewing the WHOLE THING at once.
How many licks does take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? HAHAHAH

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650161 Aug 7, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Two death denying cowardly Christian godbots wasn't enough for you?
HA !
hahaha! I knew you agreed with Pomona the whole time.

:)

<pats RR on the head>

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650162 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to work at getting bit fatally by a coral snake. They don't have fangs, they have to chew through the skin. But you let them reach the blood supply and you will be in bad shape.
You believe in the strangest things, Dave. Of course coral snakes have fangs. They're just short ones.
I lived in Florida for 46 years before I saw my first coral snake. They are bigger in life than in photos. They are pretty secretive critters, except during mating season, then they wander off everywhere. I almost stepped on one with my sandals on in the back yard during that season. It crossed my path diagonally from behind and to the left. I just caught my foot before stepping on it. Had another almost like that a couple of days later walking down the road. It passed less than two feet in front of me.
Wow! Nice. I had a fer de lance slither through my legs. That was fun.
You mentioned mosquitoes being more dangerous than lions earlier. The scariest moment of my life was killing a big fat blood filled mosquito that had just bit me on a crowded city bus in downtown New Orleans.
I can totally understand that sentiment.

If the back legs go diagonally up, that is a sign they may be a malaria vector (the spp that carries it have legs that work like this - not all that do can carry malaria, though).

Westcliffe, CO

#650163 Aug 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Every truck stop from top to bottom, left coast and right, and everywhere in between, has 'em.
My brother-in-law eats 'em whole... shells and all.
Exactly...
UGH!
I preferred the canned variety. They were softer and tastier from setting in solution so long. Saltier. Great for cleaning teeth. You opened the shell with your teeth then sucked and tongued the peanuts out.

I didn't eat the shells. Only animals can eat the peanut shells.

"Biled" peanuts is what they are called.

Good eatin'.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#650164 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I preferred the canned variety. They were softer and tastier from setting in solution so long. Saltier. Great for cleaning teeth. You opened the shell with your teeth then sucked and tongued the peanuts out.
Good eatin'.
Double ugh.

Westcliffe, CO

#650165 Aug 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in the strangest things, Dave. Of course coral snakes have fangs. They're just short ones.
<quoted text>
Wow! Nice. I had a fer de lance slither through my legs. That was fun.
<quoted text>
I can totally understand that sentiment.
If the back legs go diagonally up, that is a sign they may be a malaria vector (the spp that carries it have legs that work like this - not all that do can carry malaria, though).
It was a BIG smear of brown blood after I hit it.

Malaria was not my worry. It was whatever it's previous meal might have had that was. This was inner city New Orleans.

Westcliffe, CO

#650166 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Double ugh.
http://www.peanutpatchboiledpeanuts.com/

Try some. You will love them.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650167 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good eatin'.
To each his own.

Some like slimy, salty legumes... I guess.

Raw or roasted for me.

BTW...

Humans are animals, and have no problem digesting peanut shells.

Though boiling them might alleviate the need to extract splinters from one's gums.

I dunno.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#650168 Aug 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own.
Raw or roasted for me.
BTW...
Though boiling them might alleviate the need to extract splinters from one's gums.
I dunno.
They aren't slimy, if they are throw them away!

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#650169 Aug 7, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here in SA, cigarette companies have been prohibited to advertise in any way, shape or form. They may not even sponsor anything.
However, cigarette companies do not need advertisement. Why would they? When in school, the kids who smoke are perceived as badass. Who needs an ad, when one has peer pressure?
My high school used to accommodate teen smokers (with a note from the parents). I'm pretty sure campuses in my area have abandoned that. That might cut back on the peer pressure aspect somewhat.

....and cigarettes are outrageously expensive now.

It's a shame that kids can't see how growing up to be a healthy, addiction-free adult is pretty bad-ass.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650170 Aug 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> They aren't slimy, if they are throw them away!
The term was used subjectively.

To me, that's what they are.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#650171 Aug 7, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think smoking has the bad-ass reputation it used to have.
Lol, I remember when I was a kid, I used to buy those candy cigarettes and "puff" em in front of the school. I felt like a bad-ass. I have a feeling that if my kids did it today, they'd get a dirty rep, not a good one.
That's out here, anyway. What's it like there?
I truly hope they never start.

Westcliffe, CO

#650172 Aug 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own.
Raw or roasted for me.
BTW...
I dunno.
I bet you only eat fried okra.

Okra you can suck up your nose is the tastiest. Steamed real well is the only way.

Raw is the only way to eat oysters. But you have to chew them. Bet you don't eat those raw, either.

Soft mushy boiled peanuts are good. Wilkes was good about those.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650173 Aug 7, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly hope they never start.
RR could have (still can) put the cash spent on cigs toward his kids' college.

Around here (in central NC) a pack costs around $5.

Quitting a pack-a-day habit would retain $1,825 a year... assuming one doesn't purchase by the carton.

He'll deny this... but, RR doesn't think his kids are worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min skyedove 31,210
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 23 min Poo Bears 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Rosesz 687,333
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 2 hr Johnny 47
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 3 hr gurmail singh gosal 38
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Johnny 186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr David S Pumpkins 286,590
More from around the web